Start by marking “Hush” as Want to Read:
Hush

Hush

They were taken.
Off the street. From parking lots. Malls. Playgrounds.
Snatched from life and thrust into hell.
They took Orion Darby on a perfect summer day, while she could still taste her first kiss on her lips.
She joined the others with chains on their ankles and scars on their souls.
They turned into nothing more than statistics. Cold cases. Lost girls.
Years passed and t
Published August 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hush

Start your review of Hush
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Craziest Surprise Ending Ever!

This was an odd duck! I thought for certain it was going to be one type of book and at the last minute it threw me for a loop. I really liked the storyline about this girl, Orion Darby, who was abducted while riding her bike home from her friends house one evening when she was fourteen. Orion had her head in the clouds after being kissed for the first time by her best friends brother. So she didn’t notice the van following her until it was too late.

Orion was raped
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
x

HUSH: Is a full length coming of age book by authors Anne Malcom & B.T. Urruela. Spoken in third person POV's. This is Orion and Maddox' story.

This was such a deliciously decadent, unique read that had me devouring this at record speeds! Expect the unexpected, twists and turns that had me glued to my iPad as the world outside ceased to exist! I couldn’t and didn’t want to put it down, read from front to back in one unputdownable sitting!

The writing flowed flawlessly, this was one outsta
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200802_221754.png

I feel like I need to say a prayer after reading this book. The heartbreak, the emotion, the anger and the injustice, along with a long healing process that was painful at times to witness because you know that it was a coping mechanism that was self destructive in many ways. This book was a hard read at times but it was truthful page turner and for that, I loved it in many ways.

Orion never had a perfect childhood but she had a best friend who loved her unconditionally and a boy that made her be
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.While reading Hush B.T Urruela and Anne Malcolm, I felt the need for a strong drink and that is saying a lot as I am not a drinker. This story is definitely not for the faint of heart, its dark, twisted, intense, disturbing and gut wrenching.

The story began on a cheerful note with the heroine, Orion, experiencing her first kiss from the boy she had been crushing
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This one is brutal. It’s dark and it’s raw and it’s definitely outside my usual comfort zone.

There are multiple triggers in this one so be aware of that going in. I will say though that I think these stories are needed. These things happen and society needs to not only acknowledge them but do better.

The heroine is fierce as they come. Her strength of character and drive for revenge were evident on every single page.

It’s not what most people would call a love story by any stretch of the imagin
Anne Malcom
Jun 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
August 11th.

I cannot wait to share this book with you.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Annette Brignac
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story... this story was beautifully written and very dark. However, this is one of those stories that can’t be anything but. This is a story that needs to be out there in the world. This is a story that NEEDS to be read.

Things happen on this world that we don’t see and we can’t imagine... this book is a glimpse of that other side, and it’s handled with a realness that is needed. This isn’t a romance novel... there are elements of deep love and elements romance in it, the kind you only find
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hush has all the ingredients that make Anne Malcom a great and unique author. It was dark, gripping and so, so twisted.

The book is the first to be co-authored by BT Urruela and Anne Malcom and while I adore Anne's writing, I'm a total stranger to Urruela's to comment too much. The story follows Orion Darby, a young woman held in captivity for ten years and her transition into the outside world. To go into anymore detail would give away waaaaay too much.

I adored the dark places this story wen
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
I haven’t felt this kind of loss for a while, this was brutal, a punch to the gut like no other, total loss and despair and the absolute perfection I crave and I need. From the first line to the very last one I absolutely ravished this awesome story. I’m thankful to these two amazing authors for writing it. I’m sure it wasn’t easy the same way as this is not an easy reading but one I absolutely recommend nonetheless.

This story is told by two authors, they blend so well together you don’t know w
Stephanie Osborne
A very unique story from Anne & BT. Beware- it is dark, with sooo many triggers. But the writing is great, the characters have depth, the story keeps interest right to the last page. Orion wins the strongest heroine award! Dexter would be proud.
Bex_Book_Revieux
Dark, depraved, and desperate in placess, I would listen to those around you that say pay heed to the trigger warnings. Not really a romantic suspense in my eyes, but too soft to be relegated solely to the criminal suspense genre. It is perfectly written as it is, and I really enjoyed watching BT Urruela's words dancing, and sometimes fighting together on the page with Anne's.

My heart broke, and bled, and cried for those girls. Not just for them though, I cried for the friends they touched, the
• Island Queen Reads • Ofa •
When I received my copy of this book, I put off reading it for a little while because I wanted to be in the right headspace. I knew this book was going to demand so much from me and I was glad I waited because I knew I wouldn't have been able to give it the attention it demanded. After finishing, it took me a while to gather my thoughts. My head was all over the place and I couldn't think straight. I just know I loved this book so much.

Written in the third person, this isn't my usual read. I te
Elizabeth
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Kahea
***5 Stars***

This book dug its claws into me from the first page and didn’t let go until the very end...and that ending?!?!?! *Gives the evil eye to the authors, even as I applaud them for it*

But this book is one hell of a ride. It’s gritty, gut churning, fascinating, brutal and I got lost in the journey of the Stolen Girls and how what they’d been put through affected not only them, all those around them.

As Orion is something of the main focus, yes there are others and I want to do a total
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 DARK, RAW AND TOUGH STARS!! This is a dark, raw and very tough story, but so worth the read. It was beautifully told by these two amazing authors. My poor heart felt every feel this book had....there were times I thought my heart stopped beating, but it always came back. This book will stick with me forever....I felt like I was watching a movie all the way through.
Nephy
Aug 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: major-let-down
This book is meh..

I thought I would be reading something along the lines of Mindfuck Series by CM Owens BUT it was the fuck not. I was so blinded by Anne Malcom’s name on the cover that I dived in immediately without knowing the potential triggers (because I’m a huge fan of her), then again expectation is a real bitch sometimes.

First annoying thing about the story- The revenge took place on the last remaining chapters of the book which really disappointed me and it was not even that spectacular
Claire Cronin
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by both of these authors, I expected it to be dark and violent, which it was, but I also expected it to be like other books about surviving being abducted and rebuilding your life, but this one has a different take on things, which was good!

The story is based on Orion, a fourteen year old girl who was biking home from spending the day with her best friend and her having her first kiss given to her by her best friend's brother. She was in a world of her own with her head in
Wendy Hodges
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intense with psychological undertones, this is a powerful story about kidnap, torture and abuse. There is some violence which is graphic, but most of the other stuff is more in the way of discussions than graphic scenes. It is well written by both authors and has a steady to fast pace. How I felt reading this?
Sad! These girls had their lives stolen forever, they were never going to be the same again, they suffered in so many ways and I could understand how the varied coping mechanisms helped in
Debbie Eichler
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not a book for the faint of heart but amazing if you can handle some darker content. I have read 100 books this year and this one was hands down the best one I have read year to date. The way that Orion was written was so beautifully dark that you could not help but fall in love with her strength as well as her vulnerability. I felt all of her emotions the entire book. Anne Malcom and BT Urruela knocked
it out of the park with this book!!
LianaReads blog
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book!
This book is utter perfection for me. It combines my favourite genres to read and I was just in heaven.
Dark, twisted and stormy romantic suspense.
You have to read it or we’re no longer friends honestly.
It crosses some lines for people with triggers but it’s so raw and honestly and real that it pushes the limits to an extent where there’s no turning back and I loved it. No spoilers from me but that ending is what I’m looking for every single day and only a few authors can manage to
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Holy crap! Talk about a wild and twisted ride!! As soon as I heard about this book I knew I just had to read it and I was right! It was even better than I initially imagined. It was dark, twisted, tragic and heartbreaking.....I loved every messed up second of it.
Kodie Mackay
This book has given me heartburn. That ending fucked me up.

Holy shite. I really didn't have a clue what to expect when I went into this story. Honestly I could never have anticipated it. Now I will say this in my opinion isn't romance or dark romance. It does have some romanticised elements within the story but please do not think going in to this that you're just reading a really dark romance book because this isn't that. This story definitely has huge triggers so here is your warning... this b
Tees_BookCave
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hush by BT Urruela and Anne Malcom is a brand new thriller stand-alone.

With only reading the blurb, I went into this book blind. I just knew from this blurb that this book was going to shatter my mind, heart and soul.

I am just going to say one thing, trust these authors. Go into this book blind, take a risk, venture into the unknown without reading those reviews.

This book does tackle some triggers that may trigger with your own, so please when picking up this book be known of that.

This is a
Desi
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading a piece of co-written work is always a sweet deal. As a reader, you get a taste of each author. If you have previously read the authors individually, then as you read the co-written piece, you can easily point out which author wrote “which” words or “which character”. I could not for the life of me figure out which of these two crafty individuals wrote what part as I read because it was effortlessly and beautifully written that came from a raw place. The fluidity of the story was seamles ...more
Mackenzie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, dark
This book was amazing. Completely and utterly enthralled me. The story centers around Orions abduction at 14 and imprisonment for a decade in the harshest conditions. Taking a very real fear and asking what becomes of someone that has to suffer those horrors. How does it change you and can you ever really escape it. What happens when the victim becomes the monster.

After escaping her tormenters with the two other women she was held with Orion has to take that journey. Confronted with her past tha
Robyn Corcoran
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

From the very first page this book hooked my interest and kept it the whole way through. It is dark, it is grisly at times, but it is addictive too.

If you thought other stories had taken you on an emotional rollercoaster, then yes they probably have but this story must be the mega rollercoaster of all emotional rides ever. The depth of feeling you experience reading certain scenes is hard to explain but it almost guts you, yet it wakes you up at the same time. It makes you take a good, hard look
Sophie Ruthven
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have been DYING to read this book since this dynamic duo first announced it. The blurb, cover, teasers and early reviews just hyped up my eagerness even more. Let me say here and now, from the prologue alone, none of it was exaggerated!!!!

“Hush now, girl. You belong to us now….”

I'm sitting here slack jawed and bug eyed, and the book has barely started. That line alone has red flags and warning signs clanging in my head. Already I know this isn't a book that I'll forget for a long, long time.

Hone
Erin Lewis
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Hush by Anne Malcom & B T Urruela

Both Anne Malcom and B T Urruela are new authors to me and what an eye opening story this was. I am not sure where to start with this book, told in the third person, something I do not usually gravitate towards, this book was extremely dark. Be prepared, this is not for the faint of heart, it is violent, uncomfortable and may cause triggers for some readers, so you have been warned.

This is a well written story that certainly tested my boundaries.
Jenny
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Resonance of Stars (Greenstone Security #5)
  • Scars of Yesterday (Sons of Templar MC Book Book 8)
  • Midnight Sommelier (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Splinters of You (Retired Sinners MC #1)
  • Colson (The Henchmen MC, #20)
  • That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky, #4)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 2
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (Seven Sins MC, #1)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • Huck (Golden Glades Henchmen MC, #1)
  • Hate (Madison Kate, #1)
  • Like Hate (Redwood High #3)
  • Hostile Illusions (Steel Stallions MC, #0.5)
  • The Woman in the Trunk
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
BT Urruela was an infantryman in the US Army from August 2004 until February 2011. At the end of a year long tour to Baghdad, Iraq, his vehicle was hit by two roadside bombs, which took his right leg below the knee and the life of his commander. He was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds, an Army Commendation Medal, and Combat Infantryman's Badge. He medically retired from the Army in 2011 and m ...more