Start by marking “Up for Heir (Rosavia Royals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Up for Heir (Rosavia Royals, #1)

Up for Heir

(Rosavia Royals #1)

A playboy heir needs: a man to marry, right now.

After spending half his life dodging his duty to the crown, the rebel heir to the Rosavian throne has been told in no uncertain terms that it’s time to settle down. Prince Leopold has one month and a vetted list of suitable princesses, and he will announce his engagement during Rosavia’s Royal Ball. But Leo’s got his own idea
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 316 pages
Published June 16th 2020 by Self-Published

Start your review of Up for Heir (Rosavia Royals, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~2.5~

If you want a cuddly and happy story with zero angst and a sexy moment or two, this is the book for you.

Set in a modern-day fictional European country where monarchy still reigns, Up for Heir is a loosely Cinderella-inspired tale about a geeky librarian raising his four younger siblings on his own who meets his prince and is whisked off to the palace for a happily ever after.

Despite the adorablness, I had a few issues with this book:

Eddie, the librarian, is a bland character. He's a pusho
Bo
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
OMG!!?? I really wanted to love this book, but I just couldn't. Crown Prince meets shy librarian and falls in love!? It sounds like such a winner, but I barely finished. It was so incredibly boring. It was 50% in and the MCS had barely talked. All these inner monologues and ramblings instead of interaction. Then actual interactions are talked about after the fact in passing. There was too much telling and no showing. What about the asshole ex who almost ruined everything. I kind of feel like he ...more
Sophie
Jun 18, 2020 rated it did not like it

This was not good.

I'm so disappointed, and I expected better from Stella than this. I've really liked all of the books I've read by her, and The Boyfriend Game is actually one of my 5-star reads. I love it. But this.... It was amateur hour in comparison.

Firstly, neither of the MC's were very likeable characters. Leo starts off by being kinda rude to his valet Hugo and comes off as a total jerk. Then when he and Edvin first meet, he tries to flirt with Edvin's younger sister, who is over ten yea
Santy
This was a feel good story that made me smile from start to finish.

Eddie was just so cute and Leo was his perfect match taking care of him when he more often than not forgot to take care of himself.

Although I enjoyed the story overall, I could've done with less internal monologuing from or MCs and more story telling from the author. Nonetheless, it still tugged at my heart strings so I overlooked it after a while.

On to the next book!!
Lily
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Too cute!! Leo, bad boy royal and heir to the throne of Rosavia must announce his engagement. Trouble is he's too rebellious to meekly agree to his parent's list of approved women. If he's going to get married he wants to choose his spouse himself. In walks Edvin, the most adorably awkward librarian ever and his highness is totally besotted. I loved everyone!! Prince Leo was a doll, I can't wait to read about all his brothers! Very healthy amount of cat attitude.😼 And adorable Edvin completely d ...more
Megan
This certainly wasn't what I was expecting, especially because I truly enjoy this author's other works. You could probably fill the actual dialogue from the entire story onto merely a handful of pages and the rest was an incredible amount of stream-of-consciousness type of inner monologue that went on forever and ever. The actual relationship bits were cute and I liked that Leo had his enlightening moments that were filled with actual feeling rather than just lusty thoughts and that Edvin finall ...more
Rae Percy
Well, I read it.

Long run on sentences, often a paragraph in length. Over use of commas and hyphens in order to achieve those long sentences. And an absolute reluctance to swear.

The swearing cracked me up especially after explicit sex scenes. Shizzle? Really?

I read to the end but really with all the exposition you can skip most of the paragraphs.
Cindi
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, 2020, on-blog, m-m
3.5 stars, rounded down because of an unresolved issue in the book.

Prince Leopold, the Crown Prince of Rosavia, has to find a suitable bride before The Royal Ball, the celebration of 500 years of Rosavia. His parents, the king and queen, have watched him have his fun (he's a known playboy) and they're determined to have him settle down. His fiance will be announced at the ball whether Leo wants it or not.

This is where Edvin (Eddie) comes in. Leo is at a function at the Royal Library when he flir
Manfred
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a mixed bag for me, on one hand the story had some really sweet and tender moments, on the other hand it was completely unbelievable and annoying moments later.
Leo the crown prince falls in love with Eddie the nerdy Librarian and that blurb had me swooning right away. The problem is, that Eddie was not only a nerd but absolutely childish in his behavior, I really cannot see how he raised his siblings alone.
Leo is your typical prince, confident (and straight) and I just didn`t buy that h
Stefanie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I put the book away at 20%
It sounded really promising - a crown prince and a shy librarian, Yes, please. But soon enough I realized that the book just wasn't for me. There was so much inner monologue (which is normally fine) between dialogue utterances that you barely recognize the dialogue as such anymore. Which then in turn made the dialogue extremely boring to follow. There were scenes that weren't finished and the story just hopped to the next scene between the two MCs - so, there was no rea
Benjamin Wong
The cover was the only thing good about this book, 'nough said. Serves me right for being such a cover whore.

I was so looking forward to read this, what with a fictional crown prince falling for a nerdy librarian, and I was half expected to be swept away by gorgeous depictions of fairy tale settings and castles, landscapes and decadence. After reading it though, I would gladly take even the most absurd, overly worked description of cutlery.

I could look past the clumsy GFY trope in the form of a
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Great start

What a great start to a series. I love a great nerd/awkward book. Probably because that just described me. This was great. The thing I loved most was this didn’t take your classic drama turns. There was drama but not the classic. My stomach was clinching at certain times waiting for it, and it didn’t come. Which was so refreshing.
The writing was great, the smexy was so hawt, and the side characters where fun. Will be reading about the other Princes. This author is becoming a favorit
thebloggerandthegeek
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Stella Starling has always been an author that I don't hesitate to read. This book, however, was a bit plain and it was missing something. First, Leo who has always been completely straight suddenly liked this geeky guy who works in a library. Everyone knows he is straight - and is mention how he slept with triplets right in the first chapter. Then, we see them becoming 'friends' in a sense but we don't see Leo truly talking about his feelings and the sudden interest in males. Not only that, but ...more
Monika
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it

I liked this, it was sweet and the MCs were great but it could have been so much better. The one word that keeps springing to mind when I think of this story is "wordy". There was so much that wasn't necessary, I found myself skimming a lot. One other niggle was all the internal dialogue. I wish the author had the guys talking to each other more rather than to themselves.

TAGS
-- royalty -- commoner -- nerdy geek -- insta lust/love -- funny parts -- sweet parts -- loved the MCs... Edvin & Leo --
Gustaf
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: royal
This was a great start for the Rosavia Royals series.
I'm a sucker for Royal romances and now I have a whole series. That's set in a fictional country in Europe? I love Europe. I mean, it ticks all my boxes.

It was almost perfect and at the same time almost too perfect. I can't believe I am saying this, but it lacked a bit of intrigue to make it a five star read. Me. Saying that. It's crazy. I know.
Max
1.5 stars.
I usually like Stella Starling books - there are two of hers that are constantly on my 're-read' pile, but this one was missing the usual spark I find in her books. Both main characters were one-dimensional, I didn't like either of them and didn't find this romance believable. I ended up skimming parts of this as the same things kept getting said over and over and over again.
Kate
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it

I was so excited to read this but ended up being disappointed. As much as I love Leo and Edvin, their inner monologues bored me that I had to skim through most of them 😩. Also, why did Hans never get his comeuppance? He was such a jerk uggghhhh I wanted Leo to banish him to the dungeons or something.
Becca
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me cracking up so bad in different ways. My two favorite beings in this book, besides the MCs, were Leo’s brother Wren, and Leo’s cat, Treble, whom he pretends to hate. The only disappointment I had with this book, is I REALLY wished someone would have punched Hans. He deserved it.
Leo is known as the playboy of the royal children. He’s first in line for the throne and to be honest, he doesn’t want it. He’s also known as being a very straight man, until one day at the Royal Library
Kendra T
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so sweet and wonderful! This is the first book I’m reading in the Rosavia series, and if this is how the series is going to be, I can’t wait to read the rest!

Prince Leo is such a playboy. He is the heir to the throne and is told he has 30 days to pick a suitable mate and announce his engagement. Leo wants nothing to do with this and tries to buck the system every chance he gets. Then he meets shy, sweet, responsible, stuttering Eddie. He has never had any interest in men before, but one
Amanda
This book was so right up my alley. The “bad boy” prince with the awkward nerdy librarian checks so many of my boxes. It was so sugary sweet and delightful, and I just want to spend more time with these two. I loved that there was no angst surrounding Leo’s bi-awakening. He was attracted to Eddie, and that was that, and it was glorious. I loved the nurturing aspects of their relationship, the humor, and the wonderful chemistry between the two. I do wish we would’ve seen Eddie’s ex get his comeup ...more
Georgiana
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
~4.5 STARS~

Such a cute story. I loved Edvin’s stutter and how he didn’t let it stop him from what he really needed to say. Edvin and Prince Leo couldn’t be more different, but fit so nice together.

I was glad Prince Leo went after what he wanted not questioning if it was right or wrong just because Edvin was male.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story and the writing style. The author created a world I was easily drawn into and I cant wait to see what happens in the other stories in this series.
llv
Rating: 4 stars
I almost gave up on this story after a few pages. Mainly because my initial impression of Prince Leo was less than favorable. Luckily, I stuck with it because once Edvin was introduced the story just got better and better. I loved Leo’s and Edvin’s interactions. I loved how Leo treated Edvin’s family. I loved his little cat Treble. If I had one thing that bugged me about the story was, I really wanted Hans to get his comeuppance, but alas that didn’t happen. All in all, a wonderfu
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Up for Heir by Stella Starling is the first book in the Rosavia Royals Series. Each book is written by a different author.

Up for Heir was my first book by this author and I really liked it. Edvin, Eddie for friends and family, is so sweet and adorable. Leo is known as the playboy prince but Eddie helps him find his true self. Leo is a very caring person.

I loved Leo and Eddie. They were so sweet together.
Jennie
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Prince Leo next in line for the throne meets shy stuttering librarian Eddie at the opening of the new library.
I loved the writing of this story. The way we got to know Edvin through his thoughts really bought him to life for me.
A sweet, romantic story of a commoner who believes he's not good enough and the crown Prince determined to prove to him that he's perfect just the way he is. All the happy feels reading this book.
Happily recommend.
DeeNeez
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-read, 2020, glbt, sh-2020
I actually liked this sweet love at first sight romance. Like a fairy tale prince who sweeps the nerdy librarian off his feet. The angst of self doubt. There was some great character growth for both of them. And I just loved Treble the kitten! My only let down with the story was I didn’t get to see any comeuppance for the trouble maker Hans. He so deserves it. Maybe in a future book?
Brenda Maldonado
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love Stella’s Books

Another awesome book by Stella Starling. Edvin and Leo are great characters that stole my heart right from the start. Magical.
Nic
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

This was one of those cute, sweet stories. The ones where the main characters are just so sweet and nice and can't help but like them!
Kaila
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
the start of an amazing series.. 5 princes.. looking for their loves and happiness... there is angst and love... happiness and anger.. sadness and playful bantar... it is such a fun story to start this 5 part series... fast paced and interesting.. it made me smile and happy.
Carra
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Time to dive into the Rosavia Royals series, and today it’s Up for Heir. This book focuses on Leopold (Leo), the first in line for the throne, a playboy and one who’d always only been with women previously. He’s not a fan of doing what he’s told and is known as the rebel of the family, but he does care about Rosavia and wants to do what’s best for its people. But don’t take that to mean he’s going to just give in to his parents’ wishes when it comes to marriage.

Edvin (Eddie) is adorably sweet, a
Kelsey
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
So, I've read a lot of books by Stella Starling and I have apparently rated them fairly high. I honestly can't remember them very well. However, after reading Up for Heir, I feel like I may have made a mistake.

While the story, characters, and themes in Up for Heir were entertaining, I felt the writing lacked something. There was sooo much navel-gazing (self-indulgent or excessive contemplation of oneself or a single issue, at the expense of a wider view.) that the plot, relationships, and story
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
  • Ashes and Grave (Dragon Magic, #2)
  • Ashes of Memory (Dragon Magic, #1)
  • Bookstores, Crushes, and Mortal Enemies
  • Remember Me (Dread+Terrible #2)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • The Player's Protégé (Campus Connections, #2)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • The Kinsey Scale (Campus Connections, #1)
  • Shameless (Wrecked, #3)
  • Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck, #5)
  • A Sweet Man (The Men of Halfway House, #7)
  • The New Normal (Gold Coast Collage, #1)
  • Omega's Truth (Irresistible Omegas #9)
  • Redemption (Darkest Skies, #1)

Rosavia Royals (5 books)
  • Reign or Shine (Rosavia Royals, #2)
  • Throne Together (Rosavia Royals, #3)
  • In His Court (Rosavia Royals, #4)
  • Barely Regal (Rosavia Royals, #5)

News & Interviews

“Hi,” Edvin said, sounding exactly like the verbal equivalent of a heart-eye emoji.” 0 likes
“Her claws were sharpened by the devil. Her cuteness was a traitorous lie that hid the heart of a sadistic villain.” 0 likes