Start by marking “Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)

Savage Beginnings

(The Moretti Crime Family #1)

It started with a single look, my obsession, my desire and need to possess the sweet, and incredibly naïve Elena Romero.

Like a thief I came in the dead of night and stole her away from her protected castle and placed her in a gilded cage made of gold.

The arrangement had been made. Her father knew I was coming, knew I had intended to make him pay.

His empire was crumbling
Published July 17th 2020 by Beck & Hallman LLC (first published July 9th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Beginnings, please sign up.

Start your review of Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
DNF @ 24%

Because...

description

Nothing is happening outside of the H waxing poetic in his own head about how "badass" he is (whilst doing NOTHING badass) and watching the h wander aimlessly around his bedroom via surveillance camera.

Yawn.
Next.
Abibliophobia-the fear of running out of things to read 🥺
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 stars

Amazing concept, but, unfortunately, a sub par execution. It was much too long. It was a pretty good book, but maybe not the best mafia book.

Elena was a pretty great and realistic heroine. She was super sweet and very compassionate. I really liked that she was a math genius, it was quite unique. Usually, heroines don’t even have a hobby, but if they do, it is likely reading or something. I love reading, but I also like math so it was entertaining.

Julian was a bit of a confusing h
MarvelUsReads
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 Stars)

Lies! Secrets! Betrayal! Desire! J.L. Beck & C. Hallman’s Savage Beginnings is an alluring read! Elena, bought and held captive by the heartless mafia boss Julian. She should hold nothing, but contempt for such a man, instead she is infatuated. He seeks revenge, vows to break and possess her, however, plans change and now his heart beats only for her. Will he relinquish his desire for revenge, or will love prevail ? An absolutely dark and intoxicating love story!

www.marvelusreads.com
The Avid Reader
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was way toooooooooo predictable.

I knew what was going to happen from the very first chapter. There was no element of surprise in there but I kept hoping and wishing that something would happen and I'd be like,' I didn't see that coming.' But I was disappointed.

This didn't even feel like a mafia romance. I love mafia romances because they keep the reader on your toes. Like you never know on which side the coin will flip. I like the volatility of them. But this book lacked it in spades.
ABookLover73
FOUR MAFIA STARS for Elena and Julian 💛💛💛!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Savage Beginnings" is a dark mafia romance with arranged marriage trope.

This book was absolutely page-turner and I'm looking forward to the next book to find out what will happen next!

If you're looking for a mafia romance, then this is the book you should read next!
Lorraine Lesar
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’m beginning to think it’s me 😳. 2nd DNF in a row 😳
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

I enjoyed this one a lot genre-wise it’s a dark mafia romance with some dubious consent involved.
Julian Moretti wants revenge on the man he holds responsible for his mother’s death and he’s willing to use anyone even his enemy’s daughter to accomplish his goals.

Purchasing Elena Romero from her father for the sum of ten million dollars he needs to pay off his gambling debts Julian holds in his hands the crucial key to his long-awaited vengeance.
He plans to use Elena to further his own agenda taki
Nova B
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
This duo is not for me. I’ve tried before and nothing. I can’t seem to find a good mafia book.
hooked_on_books
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
image: description

(𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.)

Ill try not to spoil much 🤭🤫

Growing up as the daughter of dangerous man, Elena was sheltered all her life. She was a bird trapped in a gilded cage. A bird who longed for freedom. Her world was turned upside down when her father reveals that she has to marry a man she doesn't even know. And now she is condemned to be trapped for the rest of her life.

"𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕. 𝑨 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒏𝒆𝒗
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mafia romance (especially age gap mafia) is my catnip- I love this trope so hard, and when it is done right? I’m like a fat cat rolling around in my ‘nip. And Beck and Hallman have brought out my fattest cat- because this book was DELICIOUS. I’ve long loved this dynamic duo, and I’m so glad they’ve brought their Beck and Hallman flair to the mafia world. We have their amazing characters , including a dreamy alpha, and their characteristic romantic sizzle and agnst, all infused through the gritty ...more
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

Savage beginnings is the first book of the Moretti Crime Family Duet , written by JL Beck and Cassandra Hallman. This book is not a standalone. Told in dual perspectives , this book was amazing on every possible level!!

Savage Beginnings is the First book of the Moretti Crime Family series. This series has been one of my most anticipated series of all time! In this book , we get to meet Elena and Julian.

Elena is the Caged bird of her family.
J.L.
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A dark forced mafia marriage. ;) count me in.

Release date: June 5th

Read the teaser below to see what it's all about...

“You already paid for it didn’t you? You paid for me to be your own personal whore. So why go and spend more money on other women when I’m right here?”

For a tiny instant, I see surprise flash across his face, then the moment is gone. His pale blue eyes turn dark and before I know it he is on me. One hand wraps around my throat as he shoves me against the mattress, while his ot
Chrissy Russo
Had to dnf this one, so no rating here. Authors, please stop having H fuck out his frustrations on OW while the h waits for him in his home. It cheapens the romance between the MCs. Even if he didn’t end up going through with it, the intent was there.
Sum🪐
Aug 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Eyeroll

Hands down one of the worst mafia reads I’ve ever forced myself to finish.
The book immediately starts out with Elena being bought by Julian who’s been planning his revenge against her father for years. She’s basically held hostage by the man who bought her, his plan being to isolate her until she snaps and develops Stockholm syndrome basically so he can rub it in her fathers face.
Nothing special, I’m not new to dark romance.
Julian goes on and on about how lucky Elena is that he’s not ra
Nova
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.

Elena Romero is the daughter of a mob boss, she has been forced to live a sheltered existence with no friends or family visits ever since her mother’s death she has lived in her gilded cage dreaming of a life where she can be free to make her own choices. Only when she learns of her father’s plans to rid himself of his debt does she discover her fate and she has been sold to Julian Moretti. So when she is forced to leave with him a
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, ☆☆☆☆

This was a really terrific page turner! I will say that if you read the prequel Stolen Bride like I did, then you'll probably skip the first 6 chapters. It was a repeat of that. But after that it's just as riveting as the prequel was. We continued the story of mafia man Julian who definitely went back and forth on my line/dislike scale lol. But of course he turns things around and I couldn't love him more. Elena is a terrific heroine who is the perfect match for Julian and really com
Dayang
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4⭐️

I love the JL Beck and C. Hallman tandem! Their books are always gripping, gritty, swoony and sexy.

This book kinda reminded me of The Kiss Thief by LJ Shen and some books by Cora Reilly.

The storyline was something I haven't read before, but it was exciting... I enjoyed reading this book!

A mafia boss falling in love with the enemy's innocent daughter... What more can you ask for?
Leigh
Jul 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF@ Chapter 11. Sorry my patience and focus is very limited these days and if my interest isn't sparked early in the story I'm done. For me so far this book is boring. The h is locked in a bedroom, she's so naive and immature, her father sold her and she's mad at the H. Who btw is no thrill either. ...more
Katie | Katieskindleaddictions
✨Review Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1) by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman✨

“𝙄’𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚, 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙛 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙝, 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘿𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣’𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙?”

I DEVOURED this book word for word I could not get enough. I am so happy these two talented authors decided to write a Mafia Romance because they absolutely killed it. This book was steamy, passionate, explosive chemistry, angsty, and so much more.

E
 Mary ❤️ DBO
Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family #1)
by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman

5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Savage Beginnings by authors JL Beck & Cassandra Hallman is the first book in the Moretti Crime Family series, it is a dark mafia romance with arranged marriage trope, written in dual POV, and tells tge story of Julian & Elena.

Elena was the daughter of a dangerous man. A mobster. All her life she was caged, trapped in her own house by her own father. When you are born in the mafia, as a woman, you only have two
C. Hallman
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This a dark and gritty story and we can't wait to share it with you! ...more
Sandy Nikolas
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lots of angst

It’s a great story. Julian is not a nice man, but Elena’s father is even worse. Just when you think things are going to be ok.....not! Lots of action. Steamy. HEA.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Savage Beginnings is a phenomenal mafia story by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman.  The story is fast paced and doesn’t fill the pages with every single day of the characters lives.  I liked that I didn’t have to read the same inner monologue through the whole book.  I loved the spirit of Elena even through all her trials and the slow burn that was between her and Julian.  It was fantastic story and I couldn’t wait to finish it because I needed to see how it ended but then I was sad once it was over.   ...more
Jayne
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of Beck & Hallman books, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every one of them thus far. This newest addition, Savage Beginnings, is a mafia arranged marriage story, connected through certain characters to the Rossi Crime Family series. I loved every page.

I greatly appreciate how these authors portray their crime families — realistically. The men are hard core, true criminals in every sense of the word, but they vigorously protect those they care for. They don’t “see the light” and stop bei
Athena D.
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

Elena and Julian truly do have a savage beginning. How their relationship came about is dark and captivating. I can't wait for more from this series! Savage Beginnings by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman is a MUST read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!

Readers Together
This book is all the things. Dark and gritty. Forced arranged marriage/ Captive. It’s a brilliant balance of everything dark romance lovers need and just enough to tempt those on the fence. It’s sexy to boot. I loved it. There were times when I wanted to throw my computer across the room. I was so mad. It as a full experience and great! A must read.
Arabesque
2.5*
This book gave me strong Clarissa Wild ‘A Debt Owed’ and ‘A Debt Repaid’ vibe.
bruna
Oct 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020
there are no words
thehotmesslibrary
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great read from the writing duo: J.L. Beck and C. Hallman. The book focuses on the characters Elena and Julian. Elena is trapped in a cage by her father and used as a pawn to cover his debts where she is given to Julian whose ultimate goal is revenge on Elena’s father and to do that, he is going to use Elena how he sees fit until he breaks her.

This book has a lot of twist and turns as you see the relationship between Elena and Julian develop. It did take me a little while to warm up to
Kari Hansen
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Julian is a man with vengeance on his mind against a man who has wronged his family and he knows the perfect way to hit him where it hurts and that is with Elena, his daughter. By keeping her captive not only would her father suffer but she would as well but he is about to find out that the best laid plans don’t always work out like you plan.

Elena has been groomed since she was a child to understand the mafia lifestyle and she knows her only worth to her father is through whatever marriage he de

• Lethal Wedding (Wedlocked Trilogy Book 2)
  • Draekon Pirate (Rebel Force #3)
  • Dragon's Prisoner (Dragon Blaze Ops, #4)
  • Stay With Me (Alder Academy #2)
  • The Royal Rebel (Dirty Royals, #0.5)
  • White Out (A Bachelor Mountain Short Story)
  • Dance For Me (Alder Academy #1)
  • First (Betrothed #5)
  • Knocking Boots
  • Til Death Do us Part (Kornilov Bratva Duet, #2)
  • Easy This Time (Boudreaux Universe)
  • Captain Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #3)
  • Rough Edge (Tannen Boys, #2)
  • Beyond His Control (His #2)
  • Committed (Betrothed, #4)
  • Hate You (Rebel Ink, #1)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Unforgotten Passion (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #4)
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

The Moretti Crime Family (3 books)
  • Violent Beginnings