Start by marking “In Her Tracks (Tracy Crosswhite, #8)” as Want to Read:
In Her Tracks (Tracy Crosswhite, #8)

In Her Tracks

(Tracy Crosswhite #8)

An Amazon Charts and Wall Street Journal bestselling series.

What family secrets are behind two disappearances? Seattle detective Tracy Crosswhite is determined to uncover the truth in the latest installment of New York Times bestselling author Robert Dugoni’s heart-stopping series.

Returning from an extended leave in her hometown of Cedar Grove, Detective Tracy Crosswhite f
Expected publication: April 27th 2021 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about In Her Tracks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Her Tracks

Start your review of In Her Tracks (Tracy Crosswhite, #8)
Blaine DeSantis
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley, as well as Thomas & Mercer publishing for this free advance copy in return for an honest review. For his 8th Tracy Crosswhite mystery, the author tackles missing children, Cold Cases, and some truly nasty people involved in kidnapping and abuse. For me this is the first time I have read this popular author and it certainly will not be the last.
The story begins 5 years prior to today when Seattle Police Officer, Bobby Chin takes his five year old daughter, Elle, to
Blaine DeSantis
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joyce
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
340 pages

5 stars

Detective Tracy Crosswhite returns to work after a long break for maternity and other reasons. She finds her desk occupied and her job given to another woman. Her boss offers her the lead in the Cold Case Squad. Reluctantly, Tracy takes it. Her first cases are the missing Elle Chin, a five-year-old that has been missing for five years and two missing prostitutes.

Her former partner, Kinsington “Kins” Rowe asks for Tracy's help in his own missing person case. Nineteen-year-old Ste
Ben
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Net Galley for sending me a free copy of this book to read and review.
Robert Dugoni’s newest book, “ In Her Tracks” is a fine police procedural featuring Tracy Crosswhite, a police officer on Seattle’s Violent Crimes Section.
The book begins with Tracy returning to work after convalescing from the injuries and emotional stress she suffered In a case described in the previous book in the series. (Note that it is not necessary to have read that book to fully appreciate this one. ) Upon
Gaby
I am a huge fan of the Tracy Crosswhite series by Robert Dugoni. Detective Tracy Crosswhite worked hard for every promotion and award. No one smoothed her way but she's proven herself many times over and won the respect of her colleagues. She's not free from the intrigue and politics that permeates the workplace. Certainly, her police chief takes great pleasure in making her life difficult. This latest time is particularly bad. Tracy returns from a leave of absence to find another woman has been ...more
Diane
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Her Tracks by Robert Dugoni is the latest in the Tracy Crosswhite series. I enjoy this series very much and In Her Tracks has two mysteries or cases in book eight.
The first scene is set during Halloween five years in the past when little Elle Chin goes missing while with her father in a corn maze. The mother and father have been embroiled in a bitter divorce and Elle is the person suffering emotionally the most. The mother and father blame each other for Elle's disappearance.
Tracy returns to
Andrew Langert
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading Robert Dugoni's truly exceptional book, The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell, and found myself fortunate enough to receive an ARC from NetGalley for the author's upcoming book. In Her Tracks is the 8th book in the author's Tracy Crosswhite series. Tracy is a detective for the Seattle Police Department. I had not read any of the previous Tracy Crosswhite books and found that In Her Tracks can be enjoyed on its own without having previous exposure to the series.
In this b
Andrew Tucker
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big thank you to NetGalley and Thomas Mercer Publishing for providing me an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have enjoyed all the Tracy Crosswhite books and this one was a great new chapter in the series. The books are set in my home native PNW and the Robert Dugoni lives one town over from me so it always feels like I am reading a story set in my backyard.

Except I dont want any of the people in this story in my backyard! Well at least not the suspects.

Tracy is in a time of
Teresa
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Robert Dugoni's Tracy Crosswhite series, so I was eager to read the latest installment and Mr. Dugoni does not disappoint. Tracy returns to work at the Seattle police department after extended leave only find her spot on the violent crimes "A team" taken. After hesitantly accepting assignment as the cold case unit's only detective, Tracy delves into the disappearance of a 5 year old girl while visiting a corn maze with her father 5 years ago. The parents, in the middle of a nas ...more
Pamela
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an ARC of In Her Tracks In exchange for an honest review.

Robert Dugoni has done it again- written an exciting and suspenseful installment in the Tracy Crosswhite series! While this book could be read as a stand-alone, I would recommend reading the entire series in order to gain full appreciation of the enigmatic protagonist.

Detective Crosswhite’s character is multi dimensional and complex. To Mr, Dugani’s credit, the rich character developme
Sar Ah Horton
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Cases and DNA: the Perfect Pair

Fantastic read! I had a hard time putting this one down and would wake in the middle of the night with my mind still in the middle of the story (which of course gave me ample time to read). This is my first Tracy Crosshair book and also first read by the author, I’m already making plans to find the rest of the series! I’m sure I don’t have to tell fans of the series not to miss reading this one, but seriously...do not miss reading this one!

I really related to
Val
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BIG thanks to NetGalley, Thomas & Mercer, and Robert Dugoni for sending me a free copy of this book to read and review. It's my first NetGalley book and it just happens to have been written by one of my very favorite authors!

I love this series and it keeps getting better and better. In In her Tracks, Detective Tracy Crosswhite finds herself reassigned to the Seattle PD’s cold case unit. It feels like a slap in the face at first but becomes something she is intrigued by. Then her former partner,
Lisa Armeo
A big Thank You!!!!, to Netgalley and the publisher for my early access of In Her Tracks by Robert Dugoni and Thomas & Mercer publishing. All opinions in this review are my own honest opinion. If you do not agree, it's ok! :) We all are are own people. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes Mystery & Thrillers. I have read ALL the Tracy Crosswhite books and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one too. After returning from her extended maternity leave due to the outcome of the previou ...more
Ellen White
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IN HER TRACKS....Robert Dugoni
Tracy has been on maternity leave, coming back to her job, no longer a place among the detectives. Finding others had been promoted since she wasn’t there. Only opening cold cases of violent crimes, the ones that had given her nightmares. She wasn’t about retiring till she was ready.
Bobby Chin a Seattle police cop having his daughter Elle for the day. A treat was to go to the corn maze within minutes the five year old girl is missing.
His soon to be ex in a bitter di
O Prism
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the latest Tracy Crosswhite book, and it is exceptional, as are the others. In this story, Tracy has returned to the force after maternity leave, and finds she is reassigned to the Cold Case files. Not thrilled with this turn of events, Tracy digs in and does her professional best, as always, and knocks it out of the ballpark. The plot and characters are well developed, characters appear very real, the story clear and not vague, and there are many interesting twists and turns, and a coup ...more
Dawn Byers
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by NetGalley for an honest review -
Dugoni never disappoints! Once again he has written a thrilling page turner!
Tracy is assigned to cold cases - the first case is a 5 year old who disappeared while playing hide and seek in a corn maze with her daddy. The couple is in a bitter divorce. So questions are there - who would take the girl? why? Will they find her? Is she alive?
And then another case comes - a young girl disappears while jogging. This reminds Tracy so much of when
Brooke
Shelves: mystery
First of all, thank you NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for an opportunity to read and give feedback for "In her Tracks". This is book 8, I have read all eight. Tracy Crosswhite is a smart, strong detective. This particular book gives you two mysteries for Tracy to solve, throw in some turmoil in the department and off we went. Missing young woman and a cold case of a missing 5 year old child and two prostitutes. Robert Dugoni outdid himself with this one. I know it's a good book if I am thinking ...more
Paula
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Her Tracks by Robert Dugoni is such a good book. It's a riveting, mind-blowing, page-turning, heart-breaking, and heart-warming mystery from page 1. I couldn't read the book fast enough. I'm a huge fan of the Tracy Crosswhite books and all of Dugoni's books, for that matter. Each book is done so well.

Dugoni is masterful in creating characters and a story that has a reader laughing, crying, and racing to find out what will happen next.

The plots are done expertly and always have a jaw-dropping
Michele
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In “In Her Tracks” by Robert Dugoni we are brought back into the world of Seattle detective Tracy Crosswhite. After an extended leave Tracy is told her old job was not available and she would now be taking over the cold case unit. As she begins to delve into the case of a missing 5-year-old, she is brought into an active case of a missing jogger, that more than mirrors two of her cold cases. As she follows the clues both old and new her past starts to come front and center and danger appears aro ...more
Priya
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book starts with the disappearance of a five year old girl five years earlier in the prologue. In the present day Tracy returns from her leave to deal with a dilemma of getting relegated to cold cases unit or to quit. Once that is resolved, she takes up the girl's case while also helping her previous partner in a current missing persons case. The investigation into both cases occur concurrently and the author clearly delineates the two. This is more of an individual work by Tracy and not muc ...more
Doug Yonce
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super cop Tracy Crosswhite returns to work following an extended leave only to find the her revengeful boss has moved her out of her violent crimes position and into cold cases. But it turns into a good thing for us, her ardent fans. Robert Dugoni, the author, expertly merges Tracy’s new role with her old in two well-developed cases. In one case a five-year old case involving a child abduction haunts her, while a cold series of missing prostitutes and a current case of a missing jogger seem too ...more
Susan Oram
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robert Dugoni keeps getting better and better. He paints a picture with few words, making us turn the pages to see what happens next. As the latest installment in the Tracy Crosswhite series, this thriller can be read independently. The day Tracy returns from maternity and medical leave, she learns she’s been re-assigned to the Cold Case Unit from Violent Crimes, where she had a 100% success rate. Cold cases have gotten under her skin in the past. Can she adjust to her new position and solve col ...more
Jenn Brouwer
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A major page turner! One of the best Tracy Crosswhite instalments yet. I adore this series, from the lovable characters to the fantastic storylines to the amazing writing. This book was everything I expected and more. Nail biting suspense, twist and turns galore and one heck of a finale. This was a unique book where you have the perps perspective in some chapters, writing from their point of view. But as with most fantastic thrillers you don’t know the whole story until the very end. Loved the p ...more
Mana
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After maternity leave, detective Tracy Crosswhite is transferred to Cold Cases. She starts to investigate a 5 years old case, little Elle is still missing and it seems that her parents are involved. Tracy also helps Violent Crimes team when young runner dissapears from a park.
Are the cases somehow connected?
As young mother, Tracy has to juggle between family and very demanding job.

Very dark and stunning novel, I loved it.
Melody
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Her Tracks, by Robert Dugoni, is book eight of the Tracy Crosswhite series. Tracy, coming off maternity leave, is assigned to work on cold cases. One of her cold cases has a lot in common with a current case of a missing girl, so Tracy is reunited with her old partner. This is yet another solid book in the series; however, I found some of the language and story to be slightly problematic and triggering. Thanks to NetGalley for the free digital review copy. All opinions are my own.
Christy Lambert
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always love the Crosswhite series and this was another winner! This was an amazing story that was well written from the start to finish. I’m glad that I got to read this and I loved the new cold case aspect, I can’t wait to see how it plays out in future stories. I was able to relate a lot to Tracy as I’m a new mom myself so it was refreshing to read about real struggles, parenting and new responsibilities.
Sharon Turner
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 8th book in the Tracy Crosswhite series by Robert Dugoni. I loved this book it is filled with lots of twists and turns that I didn’t expect. It’s one of those books that is hard to put down and you just want to keep reading till you finish it. Can’t wait for the next book in this series. Thanks Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer Publishing for this advanced copy in exchange for my honest opinion. ...more
Rachel Stansel
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in this saga. A bit different than the past in that there was less team involvement. I still enjoyed the story and found the mystery to be a good one with twists and turns. It would read fine alone.

Full disclosure- I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Patti
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of this series and Robert Dugoni I want to thank NetGalley for the advance read of this book. As Tracey returns to work after a leave of absence, he job status has changed. She is now doing Cold Cases. Of course she still keeps up with old friends on current cases which ties everything together in the end. Per usual, this book does not disappoint.
Joan Huston
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was excellent! I love these Tracy Crosswhite books, and this was one of the best yet! I was somewhat disappointed when she couldn't get her old job back (not to give any spoilers), but Dugoni very much redeemed himself and the stories were great! Highly recommend this series and looking forward to the next one!

• Heartbreak Bay (Stillhouse Lake #5)
  • Deadly Cry (D.I. Kim Stone #13)
  • The Girl She Wanted
  • The Weekend Away
  • Believe Me
  • Dark Highway (Jessica Shaw Book 3)
  • The Housewarming
  • When We Believed in Mermaids
  • What Lies Between Us
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West
  • Ruby Falls: A Novel
  • The Good Sister
  • Thirteen (Eddie Flynn, #4)
  • A People's History of the United States
  • This Is How I Lied
  • Honeysuckle Season
  • Prodigal Son (Orphan X, #6)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Robert Dugoni is the New York Times, #1 Amazon, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of the Tracy Crosswhite series: My Sister's Grave, Her Last Breath, In the Clearing, The Trapped Girl and Close to Home, A Steep Price and A Cold Trail as well as the short prequels The Academy and Third Watch. The police procedural featuring Seattle Homicide Detective Tracy Crosswhite has kept Dugoni in ...more

Tracy Crosswhite (8 books)
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite, #1)
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
  • A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)