Start by marking “Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)

Rowdy Boy

(Black Mountain Academy)

Rude boys play best.

I’ve always known how to make girls fall to their knees.
When I open my mouth and play my music, they line up to scream my name.
Cole Travis, rock star and high school legend.
Fans beg me for a dirty smile and a filthy kiss.
And I give them everything they could ever want.
All these years, I thought it was enough.
Until her.
Monica Romero, the new girl whose w
Published October 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Rowdy Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rowdy Boy

Start your review of Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
Meredith Wilson
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Rowdy Boy is the first book in the new Black Mountain Academy series by Clarissa Wild. This enemies-to-lovers high school romance is filled to the brim with suspense, drama, secrets, lies, betrayal, angst and steam. Told in dual perspectives. Get ready to meet Cole Travis and Monica Romero.

"It was only a matter of time until I lost my heart to this boy... A boy that I shouldn't have, can't have, but a boy whose heart I want nonetheless."

Monica transferred to Black Mountain Academy because she ne
Fre06 Begum
A good bully romance with a good plot. What I really liked about this NA book is the portrayal of the heroine’s mum. In so many of these types of books it’s become almost standard to have the prerequisite bad parents. I’m glad to say in this one we get to see a mother loving her child unconditionally and showing what a parent should be.

chary ❀
3.5 ✰

"This boy is a killer. Not a murderer of people but a murderer of hearts."

This book gives me a whiplash same as what Cole did to Monica. Its been ages since the last book I've read by Clarissa, and I missed how good her writing style is, how gritty and gripping the story are. There's always an arc on it. Her characters are kinda a hit or miss for me, mainly of her female lead/s. And Monica is the perfect example, I know she's a strong heroine given what she experienced from her prev Pr
Clarissa Wild
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
❤ NOW LIVE & IN KINDLE UNLIMITED! ❤
Read it now: http://bit.ly/rowdyboyamazon

Excerpt:

“Truth or dare,” I say, as my eyes struggle not to follow all the tiny beads of water trickling down his tattooed chest.
“Truth,” he replies, his voice as serious as the look on his face.
“Why do you bully me?” I ask.
He lowers his head to meet mine. “Because I need you to hate me.”
I gasp. “But … why?”
That familiar smirk pops right back up onto his face. “One question, Mo.”
Fuck. I wish I’d asked a better one.
“T
Jennifer Hinson
It was only a matter of time until I lost my heart to this boy … A boy I shouldn’t have, can’t have, but a boy whose heart I want nonetheless.

description

Rowdy Boy is a stand-alone from the multi-author Black Mountain Academy series, featuring the rocker/high school bully romance of Monica Romero & Cole Travis. Monica is looking for a fresh start, far away from the events & trauma she endured at her former school. She’s sworn off all guys, but on her first day she sees a guy that has her reconsidering alto
Roxana Pacurar (Midnight.and. black)
Boy meets girl and boom, instant-attraction. Boy wants girl, girl wants boy, boy is an ashole, girl is stupid and repeat. At 80% we have a predictable twist. The end.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
Rowdy Boy by Clarissa Wild was an addictive enemies-to-lovers bully romance that brought on all the angst as I was completely captivated by every moment of this intense story. Monica and Cole's chemistry was there right from the very beginning and I just couldn't get enough of their journey as I inhaled all of the words. Both of these characters dealt with their own personal struggles that defied who they were and the events that led them to each
myo (myonna reads)
meh this one was good but it was a bit too long for a dark romance so i ended up getting bored and uninterested by the middle, it’s pretty solid and i enjoyed the plot.
Gemma
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
[image error]

Rowdy Boy is the first book out of the new Black Mountain Academy collection. I was so excited to see this collection from some of my very favorite authors Clarissa Wild being on the very top. So knowing Rowdy Boy was the first to come out I jumped at the chance to read it. But I have to say I was a little letdown.

Rowdy Boy was not at all what I expected. I could not connect with these characters. Cole is just a soul-sucking character that I found nothing to like. There is a lot I c
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor The moment he laid his eyes on me, I was his.
He looked like the devil incarnate with his ash-black hair and dark, soul-crushing stare that could make any girl scream his name.
And I knew right then that boy would end up breaking my heart.
Still, I made the plunge.
I didn’t know then how far I’d fall … But he did.
He was counting on it.

'Rowdy Boy' by clarrisa wild is a standalone book which is a part of the 'Black Mountain Acad
Irma
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved how this love story unfolded.

This story and its beautiful characters will get under your skin and burrow straight into your heart. I absolutely adored Cole Travis (two of my fave names a hero could have). Not everything was as it seemed when it came to him.
Monica was such a sweet girl. Not long ago something has happened to her and she's hurting. She's careful when it comes to boys. But Cole isn't a guy she could forget so easily.

The push and pull relationship that they had was so cap
Rachelle Reads
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
I felt this book was all over the place! Cole is mean to Monica for the dumbest reason and as good as Monica was at sparing with Cole she went on and on how gorgeous he is and that made her weak for him! Ugh this storyline is so over played. We don’t need pages upon pages of how smexy our main couple is.
The band aspect and the groupies/fan girls is so odd for High School we hear about the fan girls all the time!!!! I had a friend in HS that had a popular band and NO girls acted like these girls
Courtney
I can’t believe I’m saying this, I did not enjoy this book. 😔
This is one of my rare reviews where my ratings do not total to an overall rating for the book.
I Give this Book a 2-2.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 2.
I honestly had serious high hopes for this book because I love this authors writing.
I could not enjoy Monica, plain and simple.
Cole to me just didn’t fit right, he felt like a typical mold of a bully-ish? or wannabe bad boy type, he did and said as one would predict and he felt almost as a
Kahea
***3 Stars***

I wanted to love this baby.

I did.

Especially when I realized that I HAD met Monica before and had loved her in Cruel Boy (Sam and Nate).

But, alas, it was not meant to be.

This isn’t to say that I didn’t like Cole or Monica, in fact I actually liked Mo a lot, she finds a way to pick herself up and keep going forward, no matter the odds. Cole...I got why he felt the way he did and decided on the path he was on, but it made me roll my eyes more than anything else.

With my tepid feeli
Karin
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cole and Monica's didn’t disappoint. Monica transferred to Black Mountain Academy cause of some things that happened at her old school only to find a new nemesis that she loves to hate, Cole. Monica doesn’t bow down to Cole which intrigues and angers him all the same. I’m so looking forward to how the rest of these books will play out ...more
Anne Milne
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
First time ever I've given this rating. Struggling with review. ...more
Renee
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review.

I've always known how to make girls fall to their knees. When I open my mouth and play my music, they line up to scream my name. Cole Travis, rock star and high school legend. Fans beg me for a dirty smile and a filthy kiss. And I give them everything they could ever want. All thee years, I thought it was enough. Until her....
Monica Romero, the new girl whose wistful eyes hide a closed-off heart. A heart I know belongs tome but o
Paula  Phillips
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it

After enjoying Mr. D by Alta Hensley, I decided to give the other BMA books ago. Starting with Rowdy Boy by Clarissa Wild. This book connects to her characters Nate and Sam from Cruel Boy. In Rowdy Boy, we meet Monica who suffered an attack at her old school and so needs a new fresh start, her mother after hearing from her cousin Arianne Romero that Black Mountain Academy is a safe school. When Monica arrives, she is captivated by Cole Travis - a musician at the school and lead singer in a band
Kari Hansen
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
After enduring a traumatic event Monica is no longer the outgoing happy girl that she used to be. She has recently transferred to Black Mountain Academy in the hopes that a new environment with different people will give her the new beginning she so desperately needs. All she wants is to blend in but one glance at Cole and that is no longer an option.

Cole is not only a star in his band but a star in school as well. He is drawn to Monica in a way he never expected and a way that he doesn’t want.
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
So cute I loved it so much.

Monica and Cole's connection was so cute I honestly loved their relationship and so many times through this I was just like tell the truth dang it. I really did like reading about their progress and when Cole finally stopped pushing her away it was glorious and I loved it. Also, the scenes were so hot and sexy and spicy and I loved them.

I'm going to mark the next bit spoiler just in case.
(view spoiler)
Michelle Heard
Cole.
Hot. A**hole. Popular.
Girls worship the ground he walks on.

Monica’s the new student who wants nothing more than to fly under the radar. That’s until she locks eyes with Cole. There’s an instant attraction between them, but they fight it with all their power.

Clarissa wrote an amazing Enemies to Lovers High School romance. The push and pull between Cole and Monica is nothing short of addictive.

Rowdy Boy has it all, from drama to angst to all the sizzling heat your heart could desire.
It’s a St
Jami Jones
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love me some Cole!! Rowdy Boy is definitely a must read. I loved everything about it. It had a story line not just bullying and boy wants girl kind of book. Cole is the lead singer of a band and doesn't have the best reputation, more of a love them leave them type of guy but he had his reasons for how he was not that that makes bullying ok. Monica is just trying to start over and have a normal life but starting at a new school can be hard on any body and when Cole spots her, that's a rap. She is ...more
April Symes
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rowdy Boy is book 1 in the new Black Mountain Academy series by Clarissa Wild. This is Cole Travis and Monica Romero's story.
It's an enemies-to-lovers high school bully romance that's filled with drama, betrayal, angst, secrets, lies, twists, feels, suspense, steam, passion, and emotions.
Without giving any of the story away, the chemistry between Cole and Monica is intense and hot. It's a push/pull from the beginning and the reader is on the edge of their seat, between anticipation and suspens
Ashley Cestra
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
The last few Clarissa Wild books I have read were 5 stars and Rowdy Boy was no different! Oh my heart! This story was filled with some serious emotion and I would havnt loved it either way! I really felt for the main character Monica and everything she was dealing with! The tension/feelings/dialogue/pain/love/hurt/surprise was all worth it as the story unraveled, I couldn’t believe what was written on these pages!
I very much enjoyed all the new spins this author put into this “bully romance” re
Amanda
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a book. I think this one is going to be one of my favorites. Cole and Monica's story will make you crazy mad but then turn around and make you melt. These two have a very interesting story and it is a must read. I was ready to strangle Cole there for awhile, but he smartened up just in time.

Clarissa has done it again, awesome book.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rowdy Boy is a well written enemies-to-lovers high school bully romance filled with suspense, secrets, betrayal, trauma, intriguing characters, a bit of angst, a few twists, and drama, that slow builds up to a HEA.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Tammy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cole is a rock star and a high school legend. Monica is the new girl wanting a fresh start. One look and sparks are flying between them but both know this relationship wouldn’t be good for them so the try to fight their attraction. Will they eventually find their way to each other? Fast-paced read with lots of emotion, chemistry and twists and turns. Great characters with lots of depth and amazing chemistry. A good read.
CK
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read! This is a ya romance that definitely pulled me in from the first page! The situations are intense- so much so that I’m glad I’m no longer in high school! Great read!
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
She's done it again and written another great book that had me hooked right from the beginning. It's an angst filled, slow burn story that I couldn’t put down. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Taken at Midnight
  • Midnight Sommelier (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
  • Do What I Say (Dirty Little Secret #1)
  • Wicked Titan (Golden Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Titan (Golden Olympus Academy, #2)
  • The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
  • No Good
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Wicked Devil (Devils of Sun Valley High, #1)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Pretty Little Savage (Sick Boys #1)
  • Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep, #2)
  • Jinx's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.2)
  • Taint Her (Rebels at Sterling Prep, #3)
  • A Demon's Soul (Dark Lullabies, #3)
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome), who was born and

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Untamed King (Black Mountain Academy)

News & Interviews

“Mom takes a bite of her cookie and says, “But no fucking under my roof, got it?” Cole starts to choke on his bread and coughs it up while I burst into laughter. “I’ll try to remember that,” he says, trying not to die inside. “Good, because I’m not gonna clean up after your mess.” “Mom!” I scream, mortified, and I grab his hand. “Okay, let’s go upstairs. I don’t need or want to hear any of this.” “But no fuckery or else!” she yells after us as I rush upstairs with him.” 3 likes
“I’m yours. Fuck me, Cole,” she murmurs. Fuck. I thrust in, and her gasp meets my moan in a blissful explosion of lust. Like animals, we fuck against the wall, kissing and bouncing up and down. She rides me like an expert while sweat drips down my forehead, and her pussy is wetter than anything I’ve ever felt before. We were made for each other, her and me, like lightning and thunder in the night sky. And I can’t fucking stop loving her. Our mouths entangle in a furious battle while we fuck like madmen high on lust. Her body quakes with need as goose bumps scatter on her skin. My cock pulses inside her, and I’m slamming into her so hard I can barely fucking keep it together. I move away from the wall and carry her to the table in the back of the room where I put her down and swipe everything off it. She lies down, and I fuck her against the table like a savage, my hands grasping at her waist and tits. I’m delirious with need, completely consumed by my own desire. I lean over to kiss her on the neck, drawing a line all the way down to her nipples, which peak from the attention I lavishly dish out. And when I lean up to slam into her fully, her eyes almost roll into the back of her head. A filthy smile spreads on my lips, knowing it was me who made her feel this way. After all this waiting, all this fighting, all this tugging and pulling, she is finally mine.” 3 likes