Start by marking “Two Wheels and a Map: A Solo Bicycle Journey Down the East Coast” as Want to Read:
Two Wheels and a Map: A Solo Bicycle Journey Down the East Coast

Two Wheels and a Map: A Solo Bicycle Journey Down the East Coast

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Long before smart phones and GPS devices simplified bike touring, cyclists were crossing the roads of this country, equipped with little more than two wheels and a map. This is the tale of one such rider who tackled the East Coast in the early '90s. Leaving behind an unfulfilling job, he loaded up his bike and set off, meandering along rural back roads, meeting strangers, ...more
Published March 21st 2008 by Outdoor Action Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Two Wheels and a Map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Wheels and a Map

Jesse
Feb 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
I read the kindle version of this. The formatting was super shitty which didn't help me enjoy this book any better.

And based on the reviews at amazon, I think he had his friends write them. I was originally really interested in reading this because of my plans to bike through Japan and just generally getting into biking over the past year or so. I was hoping to get some inspiration and really enjoy this book.

I guess, I did get inspiration from it, but I did not enjoy it. I think the main problem
Joe Dimond
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Not sure if other reviewer read the same book I did. Formating for Kindle seems fine now. I liked the book a lot. Funny at times. He had some interesting experiences and met a lot of people on his ride. He does a good job describing people me met and giving a picture of their lives. I hated to stop reading when my train came to the station because I wanted to see what happened next. Thats the sign of a good book to me.
John