Start by marking “Fake Date Mate (The Single Shift #1)” as Want to Read:
Fake Date Mate (The Single Shift #1)

Fake Date Mate

(The Single Shift #1)

It was meant to be a fake date. Instead, he found his real mate.

Bear shifter Rory reluctantly agrees to be the fake date for a friend of a friend. It’s one night. One night when he can forget how lonely he is. One night where he can dance with a woman and have fun.

Or at least pretend to have fun, since fun is not his thing. Not when his heart yearns for the woman of his dr
Published May 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fake Date Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake Date Mate

Start your review of Fake Date Mate (The Single Shift #1)
Jan
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shorter that usual, but a really great short story by a writer who really helps us all to escape when we need to. No recap because it's so short, but I really loved it! ...more
Michelle
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

Another short, sweet, shifter confection of a story from Harmony Raines. Rory is a good man and the owner of a garage whose mechanic just set him up on a fake date with a friend. Will it turn into something real?
Lynne
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Why Amazon insist on 20 words for a review via kindle, I don't know. Especially when I just want to say that I really enjoyed this book.
Tamye Whitener
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance
Cute, fast read.

Danni needs a date to an engagement party where her ex-boyfriend, saboteur, and jerk extraordinaire will be in attendance, since he is best friends with the groom-to-be, while Danni is good friends with the bride-to-be. Her good friend Joel was going to take her, but he broke his leg. (Now I wonder why he couldn't be her escort with a broken leg, but dancing was involved so I guess that was reason enough.) So Joel asks his boss to step in for him and be Danni's fake date. After m
Marilyn Barr
Feb 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Harmony Raines’s Fake Date Mate is the tale of Rory the auto mechanic and Danni the computer programmer. Rory is swoon-worthy in a working man with a heart of gold way, which reminds me of Bruce Springsteen’s image in the 1980s. Danni is an independent woman who has been jilted by an ex-boyfriend who stole her work and trashed her reputation.

The two are paired for an engagement party date which the characters remark remind them of a high school dance. Ironic because the conflict between Danni a
Sandra Aaron
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This is an OK shifter romance, and an OK start to a new series. Rory and Danni are a likable couple, and I liked the idea of a fake date turning out to be Rory's mate. It is a quick read, so there wasn't time for as much character development as I like -- but there was enough to like the couple and to want them to find their HEA.

I did think that Danni, with her history, would have had a little more trouble trusting Rory than she did -- but that was a minor issue. I get that most shifter romances
Michelle Randall
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very short story - not too many chapters but still well written and engaging, a hallmark of a Harmony Raines story.

Danni wants nothin to do with men - after being used and having her work stolen and passed off as his own by her ex-fiancé, she is fine being single and getting her self confidence back, but friends are believing his version and she has got to make and appearance at this engagement party. So her best guy friend Joey sets her up with his moody boss Rory, who just happens to
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

‘Fake Date Mate’ is a quick, fun romance that proves that love or your mate can be found when you least expect it — even on a blind, fake date.

I had fun with Rory who after years of waiting finally finds his mate in a most unusual situation and Danni who after being cheated and played by the man she loved vows to never, ever give her heart again. Watching Rory slowly winning over Danni was a delightful journey.

While I rarely mention additions I would have loved to see in
Abra
I would say that I like Ms. Raines' books, but now that I've read this one, I'll say that I like most of Ms. Raines' books.

This book moves along - discovery of the mate - bashfullness/worry - the big reveal - HEA. In some books there's some plot thrown in as well. Generally, that's a good thing. Unfortunately, the plot in this book revolves around two programmers. One is the mate and one was the fiance of the mate before he stole her work and reputation. Roy, the shifter, is Danni's blind date f
Rosemarie Grainer
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute little shifter romance

I can't tell if this is going to be part of Bear Creek or Bear Bluff or not. This is cute story with a sweet pair of main characters. Danni has been badly burned by a former fiancee and needs a fake date to a party he will be attending. Rory is a bear shifter auto shop owner who has just met his mate and he wants to protect her to the best of his ability. It is nice to see Danni and Rory learn about each other. Rory's bear has some great comments that I truly enjoyed!

T
Schellie
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Could Be The Real Thing

Rory has just agreed to go on a fake date with his employees friend Danni, what was he thinking? Now he is headed to her home for dinner, so they can meet, little does he know, he is about to meet his mate! Danni has been put through hell by her ex, who stole from her and then made up terrible stories to all their friends. She feels an instant connection with Rory, but can she really trust him with her heart? This was a nice, quick read and the story was wrapped up nicely.
Winsome Edwards9
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read !!

I so enjoy a happy ending, and Rory who was once alone now found his love/hate in Danni. Why do men always feel they can have power over a woman, but in Danni case the tables turn. Brice really is a jerk and seeing that he would go so far to get what he wants makes it even sweeter how he got turned on his heels..Now all is well and Rory can settle down and fulfil his dream of having a family and live happily ever after..and I am glad Joel found someone as well..Now what's next..bi
Chauntea McClain
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Was Good Up Until a Point...

The story line was decent given that this was intended to be a short story, however the wasn’t really any conflict resolution with the antagonists or Danni. We didn’t get to really understand what happened to Brice. Did he lose the deal only to move on to the next unsuspecting victim? Was he finally arrested? Did Sandy and Robert apologize to Danni or did she drop them as friends? Where did Danni and Rory even move to? Did they ever visit Danni’s hometown? There were
JodyL
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay

This is a quick story. I liked it but it wasn't as detailed as the author's normal writing. Rory goes on a "fake" date to help out his friend. When he meets Danni, he realizes she is his one true mate.
I was hoping for more information than was given in the epilogue. A lot seemed glossed over.
But if you want a quick shifter romance then go ahead and try it. You may like it .
Gayle Price
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet Romance

Firstly let me say I'm a huge fan of Harmony Raines & have enjoyed every book I've read. I don't want to give spoilers, but although I loved the characters in the story. The settings were good, plot excellent however. It was a shame it finished when it did. It was all over too fast. I would of liked more of an ending to the ending!
But on the whole a good book worth reading.
Nikki Edwards
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweetness wrapped in a love heart

Sometimes what you really need is a simple sweet love story( okay add a sitter and human and mate) and this book was just long enough to be uncomplicated, just like falling in love should be.

I could argue that there was so much more that could have happened, but this truly is like a mills&boon you pick up because you need a HEA right now xx
State safe/ stay in and read a book 😷
Jamoz23
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short read.
I love that this author gives the shifter side of her characters voices and their own humorous character.
Really enjoyable read with likeable characters.
Just felt the ending wrapped up too quickly without a solid explanation.
I would have just liked to have read about Brice’s downfall, rather than have to imagine what happened.
Read through Kindle Unlimited.
Angie7
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Karma

Oh! This was good; sweet short story. A girl and a bear. Finding his mate on a blind date. She has been used and he is going to help her get back at the person who used her. Hah! The bear talks and gives his POV, love that. But fist he has to explain his secrets to her will she have him..... Awesome H.R.
Lori
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, no depth

Very fast-paced love story with a bit of everything. There's intrigue, romance, an attempt at revenge, quick sexy time, and story basics. There's just not much time for the author to give us any back story, so we don't get to know the characters. An okay read.
Vickey Mcgee
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short, Fast and Sweet

Another excellent story by the author. I very much enjoyed it. It read quickly as it was a shorter story, yet it contains all the parts a lengthier story would have. From a great cast of characters to the drama of the evil ex fiance and on to the sweetness of the new boyfriend. Very Enjoyable.
Kirsten Ensman
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rory finds love

Danni gets love and Bryce gets what he deserves. Nothing like seeing someone who feels entitled to get what they really deserve. Taking advantage of others to make yourself look good and them making up lies to put them down needs karma. At least Danni had Rory in her corner. He helped her get what was truly hers and they got their HEA.
Carol
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick...

...Read. The storyline was interesting. Loved the friend that arranged the blind date/favor date.
Did feel like there could have been a bit more depth. Almost perfect. Felt like they spent too much time on her ex and not enough on going into her and his further steps in their relationship after mate-ship was revealed.
Lonnie
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable quick read

Super quick read.
Very well written.
I loved the story line.
Rory gets set up on a date with Danni and never expects to meet his mate after all he's never met her before now...but once he does all he wants is to set things right for her and be by her side always.
Tammy
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty pissed about the ending

Would have loved to find out what they did to Brice. Did it make his new girlfriend happy ? Did it help with her sister? There is so many questions left to that ending. I hate that it always seems your in the middle of one of Harmony’s books then you turn the page and you find it’s the end not the middle.
Kenisha Lewis
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love all your shifter books.

As always your books are really awesome. But this one seemed kinda rushed some how as if you wanted it to be finished. But I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Frances  Dunning
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Best date ever

This was a great short read that will make you smile. I was happy that Danni was able to expose Brice and give a little closure to those he wronged. Rory gets his mate and soon to be family. A happy little story.
Sharon Noble
Beautiful story!

This book is about a fake date, more like a blind date. When Rory's friend & work colleague broke his ankle, he didn't expect to meet his mate. He agreed to take Danni to her friends engagement party. They met for a meal & Rory found his mate!
Stacy Floyd
Sweet story

Loved this book and I love everything Harmony has written so far...alive how she develops her characters and the storyline...any book of hers is a great read! I love the chemistry between the two main characters in this story..she does the the sexy times right too!
Kylie Stead
Wow just wow

Another amazing book to add to her already amazing collection. I love the twists and turns of this book. I can honestly say I only wish it was longer. Great read for any romantic readers. Loved this and hope you enjoy it too.
Lynnette
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fake Date Mate

Rory is asked to be the fake date for his employee's friend, who needs a date for an engagement party. When Rory meets Danni, he realizes that she is his mate and not a fake date!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pack Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch, #3)
  • Timber Wolf (Virtue Shifters, #1)
  • The Griffin Marshal's Heart (U.S. Marshal Shifters, #4)
  • Broken Lynx (Green Valley Shifters, #5)
  • Survival Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch #2)
  • The Hellhound's Un-Christmas Miracle (A Mate for Christmas, #4)
  • Twin Wolves (Wilde Brothers Ranch Book 4)
  • Dragon's Thief
  • Silver Basilisk (Silver Shifters, #4)
  • Rebel Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch Book 5)
  • Bear Next Door (Shifter Protection Agency, #1)
  • Elder Wolf (Wilde Brothers Ranch #1)
  • The Platinum Dragon's Mate (Shifter Dads, #6)
  • Chosen Mate (Cybermates #5)
  • Dragon Redeemed (Reclaimed Dragons, #2)
  • Lawyer Dragon's Surrogate (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #3)
  • Wild Mate: Bear Shifter Romance (MateMatch Outcasts Book 6)
  • A Hippogriff for Christmas (Shifters for Christmas, #3)
Harmony Raines loves to write romance filled with magic and love. Her men are usually not so alpha, but they know how to treat their fated mates, or alien lovers well.

Email: harmony@harmonyraines.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmonyraine...

-----------------------------------------------------
From the author:
If you love shifter romances, sign up to my newsletter at http://www.harmonyraines

The Single Shift (2 books)
  • Fake Fiancée Mate (The Single Shift #2)

News & Interviews