Start by marking “Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures in Dating, #2)” as Want to Read:
Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures in Dating, #2)

Boss in the Bedsheets

(Adventures In Dating #2)

He’s a beast in the spreadsheets and a boss in the bedsheets

Mr. Santillian,

Despite the fact I'm currently living out of your guest room and sleeping with you most nights, I am writing to announce my resignation effective two weeks from today.

In other words, I'll locate someone who is both obscenely overqualified and willing to devote their days to the handfu

Published June 26th 2020 by Vesper Press (first published June 24th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Boss in the Bedsheets, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures in Dating, #2)
Dilek VT
If she left, then I'd lose my fucking mind because—because I would and there didn't need to be a reason.

If she left, then she might never come back and I'd never know why this woman mattered and that was unfuckingacceptable.

If she left, then I'd find her. Then I'd bring her back, which made fine sense to me even if it did sound like an abduction plan.

If I brought her back, then I'd never let her out of my sight again and that also made fine sense while sounding rather criminal.

If she stay
Isabella. R
4 me-ishness Stars ⭐

There is a valuable lesson in this book. The one where you shouldn't judge or make assumptions when you know absolutely nothing about that person. Because it's more than likely you'll be left looking like a dick. Ironically this is how Ash and Zelda come to find themselves unintentionally in coupledom.

Before Ash could blink he was on a flight bound to Boston after somehow miraculously getting through the morning and finds himself hiring an assistant with no qualifications mid
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
I knew within the first few pages that I was going to LOVE this one, with its slightly ridiculous, playful feel and a storyline that kept me guessing. It's my first from the author but I will definitely be going back for more, because this was so entertaining from start to finish. The storyline is nothing like I expected it to be - this is an office romance in only the vaguest sense - but there is a boss (who gets a little demanding in the bedroom) and his new assistant (who keeps him on his toe ...more
Syndi
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It has been a while since I picked up Miss Canterbarry's book. I like Miss Canterbarry's heroes. They are quirky, protective, slightly OCD and a bit stalker. I think these heroes quality is what making me come back for Miss Canterbarry.

Ash is moody and brooding. He has this brooding quirky about him. His obsession with Zelda is off the chart. I love him. Now about the heroine, Zelda... I try to like her even a bit. Through out the book I found her more to be annoying and frustrating character.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
DNF @65%

Sometimes a book just isn't for you. This was that case for me. I couldn't connect with the characters or their romance and unfortunately I wasn't engaged with the story and was struggling to get through it. It was lackluster for me sadly and I found myself growing more and more bored. This is just one reader's experience and could have very well been my mood. Who knows. Sadly it didn't work for me but it could work for you.

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Carol
4.5 stars.
My first read by Kate Canterbary and I really...really enjoyed it....so cute and quirky...both the characters and storyline.
The way Zelda and Ash interacted with each other from their very first meeting on a plane until the conclusion of this book...had me glued to my kindle...it was a really sweet and emotional read...and I can see how the author might have derived the title for this from Ash's bossiness between the sheets...but I thought it along with the book cover was somewhat misl
Michelle Rodriguez
Boss in the the Bedsheets is a book that we all needed right at this minute. If you're reading this review 10 years from now, we are in a pandemic and where the world is pretty scary now, my way to escape is via books. This one right here, was a great escape. From the beginning to the end, I laughed out loud so much. If you love banter like I do, well there is so much banter. Ms. Canterbary is my one-click author, hands down. When she sits down to write a book, she has the reader in mind, with l ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Control freak-growly hero meets sunny-eccentric heroine.
I love a good opposites attract trope, a meet cute on a plane even more so, Kate Canterbary had me well and truly hooked from the very beginning to the very end of this crazy, steamy and fast-paced romance.
I stayed for the snarky banter between Zelda and Ash (the dialogues full of wit and innuendos were possibly my favorite thing), the spreadsheets love and the almost slow burn (instant attraction/lust and potent che
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 3.5*

I look back at my earlier detailed reviews and I wonder where I found the time lol so quickly

I'd really like to hope that every H this author ever delivers is patterned after this one..... Yes that's how much I adored him
The h was a quirky mess in the beginning and I loved her transition as she learns to live with her me-ishness
The romance was glorious(though with a couple of hijinks) they felt the connection instantly and to see the H jealous of his own family wanting time
Sheila'S Book Corner
Boss in the Bedsheets was AMAZING!! No unnecessary drama, yay! Just a great completely ‘unputdownable’ story from start to finish.
Kate Canterbary writes the absolute BEST grumpy, growly heroes and Ash is the best of the best! He is super grumpy, growly, bossy... but the SWEETEST grump ever!!

“... scowling and frowning, his growls, his moods, his unnecessary jabs. He was precious under all that grump and I lived for the prize of an ooey gooey center...”

And Zelda is awesome. She is thrown in wit
Reflections of a Swede
Shelves: arcs, fm-romance
*** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

This is a romance, yes, but it’s not of the silly, chick-lit variety that the title may imply. Boss in the Bedsheets is deeply introspective. Both Zelda and Ash are portrayed mainly through their soul-searching inner monologues, each more insightful and raw than the one before. It’s all the emotions – all the time – which left me with a feeling of being exposed and vulnerable. Not an entirely pleasant feeling that.

Both Zelda and Ash
Clau
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Maybe 2.5 ⭐️
I guess it was ok. The plot was really unrealistic and weird (view spoiler), but I can
Jackie Wright
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you know from the get go that it’s going to be an entertaining read, I was drawn in and hooked from the first chapter and there was no putting down until I had read the final line. It’s a fun entertaining read that will leave you smiling like a Cheshire Cat and it’s the perfect read when the world is going through a pandemic.
Ash is a grumpy wound up boss who loves to micromanage people but underneath it all he is a man who kind, caring and someone who loves to ki
Lisa
Shelves: 2020-books-read
This is an ARC review. All opinions are solely my own.

Kate Canterbary is a master at writing a quirky and sassy female lead with a growly leading man. Boss in the Bedsheets is no different.

Zelda and Ash could not be more different in every way. Their backgrounds and their lifestyles are polar opposite. The banter between these two is hilarious and hot. This book had me laughing out loud one scene and fanning myself from the steam the next.

Ash was briefly introduced in The Magnolia Chronicles. T
Kim May
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had one of those books that you knew you'd like, but then you read it and it grabbed you, shook you, then wrapped you in a big hug and made you feel like you were not alone in your me-ishness? Or how about a book where you knew you'd like it but there was no way it would compare to (insert favorite hero/heroine/couple) but then you finished it and you just sat there because you think you just discovered your new favorite and your world is now all topsy turvy? Or how about a book th ...more
Leslie
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
If this is your first Kate Canterbary book or your 15th --- you are going to love it.

You know that gif of Marie Kondo saying "I love mess"? That's how I feel about this book and these characters.

Zelda and Ash are complete messes in their own ways. And that's what I love about Kate's books -- her characters are real. The women are mouthy and "not nice". They don't have perfect bodies by Hollywood standards -- they have perfect bodies for them. Yes, yes Ash is a sex god but he's a mess too. Alwa
Colleen
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book! It has everything. Snappy back and forths, a growly bossy man, hot sexy times and a woman who doesn't even know how strong she really is and is finding her way back.

I loved Boss in the Bedsheets so very much. Ash ~sigh~ is so very much and hasn't ever had the need to have someone there with him all the time until Zelda sit down beside him on a flight on a very bad morning and all of a sudden he never wants her to leave. He can't keep his hands off of her and wants her there always. Ze
Kelly
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED reading Boss in the Bedsheets. It was funny, sweet, and very sexy with just the right amount of drama. I love a good opposites attract story, and Ash and Zelda are like chalk and cheese, with Ash being the grumpy and very growly micromanaging accountant, and Zelda the more free spirited, go with the flow archaeologist who is going to change Ash's perfectly ordered life.

There was so much I loved about Ash, how grumpy and growly he was but he showed his sweet side very quickly with Zelda.
Izzie d
This wasn't for me.
I just couldn't get into their snarky banter.
Hate the cover.
Hate the title but the blurb looked good.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Hero briefly mentions an ex but no intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Small ex drama for heroine.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
“Another one of those growls sounded in my throat. "I don't play squash."
"Well, you're doing something to maintain"—she zigzagged a finger at me—"all of this. I'm sure you'll want to be able to kick the go
Ivy Deluca
description

What a fun book! First of all, I did a buddy read with my girls @Michelle_the_bibliophile and @rachelann785, which is always a good time. Add to it the incredibly good chemistry, UST that had me screaming JUST BANG ALREADY, and the banter I’ve come to expect from Ms. Canterbary and that’s all I can ask of a good read. In the interest of keeping things spoiler-free, the only quibble I have is that there is precious little workplace in this workplace romance. Also, while it probably wouldn’t hurt
D.G.
**3.5 stars**

I feel that this romance would have been WAY better if we had been allowed into the heroine's journey from the beginning, instead of it being sprung on us like a twist towards the end of the book. You see, Zelda came out of a difficult situation and made decisions about herself and how she wanted her future to be. But because we meet her after she puts those things into place, we don't see the growth. The reader just meets the new Zelda and because I didn't know where she was coming
Karen_
Shelves: arc, kate-canterbary
Boss in the Bedsheets – Kate Canterbary

Kate Canterbary has given her readers the grumpiest, growliest, ooey gooeyist, alpha male in Ash Santillian. Ash has quietly marched his way past one or two Walsh men (or at least has tied with one or two Walsh men) as my favorite book alpha male.

His day was ruined before it even started and then he met Zelda Besh. She could have been his worst nightmare, instead she became his savior, his assistant and she quietly became the holder of his heart.

Both Ash
Dawn Strickland
Improbable Probability

This book is exactly what my spirit needed. It made me smile, laugh, and tingle in the best ways!  Ash Santillian is a bit of a perfectionist that likes things his way (aka the only way). He is grumbly and growly and so sexy. He is a sex monster/beast in the bedroom with a ooey gooey center (squeee).

Zelda is his moonbeam and magic. You can't convince him or me otherwise. She is on her own journey of self discovery and is learning how to be kind to herself. In doing so, sh
Jess  Fadden
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do you feel about forehead kisses?

New readers and old school Canterbary fans are going to love this story.
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
The moment I began this book about Ash and Zelda it was love at first sight for me. I could not put it down. They are so different but it all makes sense. Their first meeting is so original, unexpected and neither one can escape since they are seated together on a plane.
Ash has the day from Hell and it seems to be getting worse as we go. While he is perusing resumes for a new assistant the whiskey he is partaking of has made his thoughts fly right out of his mouth.
Zelda is such a breath of fre
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Apple / B&N / Kobo *Note: Will not be available on platforms other than Amazon after release day.

Ash has had a DAY when he meets his new seatmate on a flight out from Denver. He's already more inebriated than he usually is when she starts haranguing him for giving the resume on his computer a "hard pass." Who knew that very resume was hers and that she'd highly object to being passed on?

And who knew she'd end up being perfect for the job, perfect for him? That she'd end up not only
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Kate Canterbary has been one of my favorite authors for a while now. I fell in love with her Walsh series, which introduced the damaged, off-beat, and oh so loveable Walsh family. Through them, I have now fallen for the Santillians. (Thanks for the lesson in pronunciation at the beginning of the book, it was very Ash-like) Now we get the double-barrelled explosion of goodness that is Gigi and Rob's wedding, and, more importantly, the story of Ash and Zelda.

I truly loved the opposites(not opposit
Becky Rendon
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am remiss in my knowledge of the Santillian family and I bow my head in shame at that. However, if like me you are stumbling on them in this novel, do not fret. You will be highly entertained. You will not suffer any discombobulated moments. There will be no flipping back of pages to try and see if you forgot something. Not in this novel!

Kate Canterbary has a special treat in store for the reader in Boss in the Bedsheets. When opposites attract is the least of it...These two set fire to the ra
Adanna
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With their unconventional first meeting, you notice the differences between Ash and Zelda. I loved how their whirlwind story is revealed through a kaleidoscope of bizarre conversations, tender touches, and awkward situations. They find everything they never knew they needed in each other. Even though they are so different, they are each other’s matching puzzle pieces and everything falls into place once they come together.

It is often overused to say that two people bring out the best in each ot

• Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters, #2)
  • That Love (That Boy, #4)
  • That Boy Series: Books 1-5
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Where the Rainbow Ends (Summer Lake Silver, #4)
  • You Belong With Me (With Me In Seattle, #14)
  • Forking Around (Hot Cakes #2)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Do You Want Me?
  • Borrowing Bentley (Wishing Well, #9)
  • The Cursed Series, Parts 1 & 2  (If I'd Known/Knowing You)
  • A Date with an Admirer (The Dating Series, #2)
  • Easy Spark
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Finally Mine
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

Adventures In Dating (2 books)
  • The Magnolia Chronicles (Adventures In Dating, #1)