Start by marking “Cry Yourself to Sleep” as Want to Read:
Cry Yourself to Sleep

Cry Yourself to Sleep

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  161 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Cry Yourself to Sleep explores the disappointments of early adulthood by following the lives of three unique characters: Jim, a minimum wage rabbit struggling to pay his rent; Andy, an aspiring novelist dealing with rejection; and The Robot, a machine who just wants to be a better man. In this stellar debut, Jeremy Tinder mixes sadness, sweetness and humor to tell a quirky ...more
Published May 2nd 2006 by Top Shelf Productions

To ask other readers questions about Cry Yourself to Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry Yourself to Sleep

Hillary
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Four stars might be a bit high, but I really liked this little book. It's an odd combination of cute and depressing, in which each of those things reinforces the other, and while you can see it as yet another indie diary comic, I think it's better than a lot of the ones I've read. For one thing, it's quite short, and, perhaps because of that lack of length, it never gets overly invested in pathos. Sure, there's a bit of wallowing, but it mostly doesn't become annoying. I could complain that the ...more
Tommy
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved the humdrum daily life stuff juxtaposed with bunny and robot characters. Especially since the bunny gets fired for not wearing gloves at work. The theme of the book is friendship, and it ends on a positive note. The artwork was pleasantly immediate and evocative in a simple way. I enjoyed the storyline of the little human guy's desire to get his story published, and his friends pointing out that it's a barely-concealed autobiography.
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, favorites
The cumulative effect of realizing “I have measured out my life with coffee spoons” is addressed in this sad but poignant tale of friendship.
Eric T. Voigt
I guess I shouldn't've been expecting much from a book called 'Cry Yourself to Sleep,' but the drawings were so CUTE. I recommend to no one. Skip this book.
Cristhian
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Me dieron un mes gratis en Scribd y esto es lo que he seleccionado para sacarle provecho:

Cry yourself to Sleep | Jeremy Tinder
Moving Pictures | Kattryn & Sttuart Immonen
The Salty Air | Tim Sievert
The Playwri
Melina O.
Bunnies and Robots and Men, oh my!

The short lil' comic tells the story of 3 dudes trying to make something to make things happen in their mundane lil' lives and in the end stuff happens and they do become happier but it's nothing too crazy. The drawings are cute and a lil' sad. I give the book 5 stars for the drawings but 2 stars(maybe) for the story.

I recommend this for a quick read while on public transportation (unless you have motion sickness). Just a quick, cute read.
Maritza "Books y Booty" Valle
Found this while looking for another graphic novel at the library. Figured with a book this tiny, you can't really lose, and the premise seemed both funny and clever.

It was... not great. But like I said, not a big investment. Instead of a graphic novel, it read like one VERY long Sunday-morning or internet comic strip.

Meh. Would be interested in seeing more from the author, but wondered what made THIS a story that was chosen to be published.
Tony Bombardo
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 7-in-7-challenge
This was a really short graphic novel of sorts, but I liked it nonetheless. The ending was cute and so were the characters. Little bits of humor and depressing realities of life mixed together. Just a fun little lunch-break read
Nayeli
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
It's a really cute and depressing story, and even funny at times, as others have said. I liked it but I guess I expected more from it. The drawings are cool and simple but the story is really short and it leaves you wanting more.
Zanne
Jul 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
7.00
ronnie
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not so good as I expected it to be. Not so good as my first graphic novel. I'll try another one right now:)
Amber
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, comics
I guess I didn't "get" it.
Tim
Sep 26, 2007 rated it liked it
This was a cool, cute read. The characters are drawn in a great way. Jeremy has a great style that incorporates a weird smuttyness into his drawings cuteness.
Y45857922
Oct 10, 2016
Romane
Apr 30, 2015
Muskippa
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2017