Start by marking “Kiss Me in the Dark” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me in the Dark

Kiss Me in the Dark

Kiss Me in the Dark compiles a selection of deliciously dark chapters from bestselling romance authors with additional, never-before-seen content. We’re hoping to introduce new readers to our world and also give our loyal readers a chance to get lost in the stories they love with these bonus scenes. It’s only a taste, just three chapters each…but it’s enough for you to get ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 30th 2020 (first published June 27th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me in the Dark, please sign up.
Rochelle ♡ Based on what some authors and authors' PAs have said, it's an issue with Amazon. Pre-orders were cancelled, then the anthology was released early and…moreBased on what some authors and authors' PAs have said, it's an issue with Amazon. Pre-orders were cancelled, then the anthology was released early and then it went back up for pre-order before being removed. Monica James is having this rectified, I believe!(less)

Start your review of Kiss Me in the Dark
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
The Kiss Me in the Dark Anthology was exactly what I expect from anthologies - teases from authors I know and love and an intro to authors I haven't really met yet. I LOVED it!

1. Bad Saint by Monica James - I've never read from this author, but from this sample, I can see why she's a huge hit with readers. It's about a young woman who was on her honeymoon when she is suddenly and brutally abducted. She both hates and is drawn to her temporary captor, Saint. Obviously these two are going to fall
💜VGreedyReader🖤
When reading meets charity, all proceeds for this go to “NO KID HUNGRY” and “TLC FOR KIDS”.
You also get to dip your feet into darkness so if you’re still on the fence about the genre you can get a taste 😉
And if you’re already sold to the dark world you get to meet some old time friends 🖤 or you can make new one 🖤 beware some of them bite 😍

Rochelle ♡
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Callie Hart (5)
Zeth motherfucking Mayfair is BACK! I love this anti-hero with such ferocity, all of the dangerous ruthlessness that surrounds this man, that even tidbits enthrall me. I would've adored a glimpse into Zeth and Sloane following the ending of Chaos & Ruin, but stepping back into Zeth's intriguing mind is always a delight no matter what.

Cora Reilly (3)
Part of me is interested. Part of me is horrified. I realise and understand Cora Reilly's next release will be an age gap, forbidden r
A Book Obsessed Brit
This is a fantastic charity anthology that contains many of my favourite Authors in the Dark Romance genre. If you are a reader that is unsure whether romance that teeters or fully plants itself in the dark category is for you, then this is a good book for you to pick up.

Kiss Me in the Dark, provides 3 chapters from one of each of the Authors Dark Romance stories, giving you enough to wet your appetite and see if their story is something you can get on board with. For those readers that love th
Mackenzie
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
Bought this purely for the bonus content from Amo Jones and Callie Hart and man was it worth it. Definitely give it a buy It has so many little snippets and samples from dark romance authors. I guarantee you'll find something you love! ...more
Aղցela W.
This was a good anthology with short chapters of some of my favorite reads. Dark dangerous men like Creed and Zeth. All the stories in this book were well written with no errors in grammar or spelling.
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic line-up of respected and brilliant dark romance authors- and only 99 cents?! WHAT A STEAL! The bite sized samples will help you discover new authors you want to learn more about and already-obsessed fans get amazing BONUS treats to enrich the books and stories you already love. These authors have chosen some of their most consumed, most delicious works- if you aren't already a ravenous fan, you will be from these samples!

I so appreciate these authors banding together to make a clear
Cynema
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TEMPTINGLY ADDICTIVE TEASES TO SOME FANTASTIC DARK AND DELICIOUS NOVELS BY FAVE AUTHORS

What a sweet little mix of dark and delicious teasers, select chapters, and bonus content of published and soon-to-be released novels by some of our favorite queens of romance.
Although I haven't read all of the books, I can definitely recommend UNCONVENTIONAL by Aleatha Romig, THIS IS WAR BY K Webster, ENTHRALLED by Giana Darling, DEVIOUS LIES by Parker S. Huntington, and BAD SAINT by Monica James.

In the case
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***BAD SAINT

Bad Saint is the first book in the All the Pretty Things Trilogy by one of my favorite authors, Monica James! When she announced she was writing a dark romance I was so excited. I can’t read them every day but I do crave them. The synopsis explains so much so I will make this fast.

Willow was happy for the first time in a long time. Her career was showing her the world as a model. She was married to the man of her dreams after a whirlwind courtship. She was on the top of the world a
Trish (tiedupinbooks)
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I am a member of Monica James’ arc team which is why I’m here right now.

With that being said....

HOW DARE YOU MONICA. ONLY GIVE ME A CHAPTER OF THE DEVILS CROWN KNOOOOOWING I WONT BE GETTING THE REST UNTIL MID JULY.

Sorry. I do still love you. Like a lot. And I loved the chapter I got TEASED with.

Legit though Monica is the QUEEEEN of dark romance. Alo

Seriously y’all this anthology is perfection. So many wonderful authors giving snippets of their best work for just $.99! No
Ri
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect teaser for people wanting a taste

I either own or have read via Kindle unlimited almost every book in this collection. I purchased this for the bonus content. I wash there had been more though. That being said, it still was nice to be reminded why these authors are some of my favorites. I hope that it brings in new fans so that more authors can Continue to write all the dark words.
Quinn Wycked
This anthology was an excellent way to preview authors you haven't read yet. I saw a few familiar names on the list for this book and when the description mentioned an exclusive scene from This is War by K Webster I 1 clicked it faster than you can say "DAMN!"

Most of the anthologies I’ve read previously have been a collection of short stories submitted by various authors, whereas this one was a collection of excerpts from the books of authors, which I enjoyed because I know there is more to each
Rina | booksofthemuggleborn
heareads (Debbie)
Bad Saint - Monica James

This was such a sexy, thrilling, dark ride and I was hooked within the first few pages and could not put it down. The book has so much going on, it’s intense and totally captivating. I was an addict to James’ words.

In Fury Lies Mischeif - Amo Jones

This was an amazing read that captured my mind from the very first chapter. The push and pull between Killian and Sass was electric and the anticipation for what was to come crackled from the pages. Midnight Mayhem is a world yo
Terri Turner
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing Blood and Roses chapter one, plus extra bonus.

I adore Zeth Mayfair and so this was a trip down memory lane for me as I have read this series twice and I will never tire of it. This gorgeous man is the pinnacle of BBF for me, so reading that first chapter again makes me what to drool over Zeth again for the whole series. Callie has given us an extra bonus as a treat and it was a joy to read. Here we see Zeth slightly out of his comfort zone and with no less than a woman taking that cont
Consuelo
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aleatha Romig - Unconventional bonus scene. Victor the stalker pov into the life of Erika.

Giana Darling - Enthralled bonus scene. We get a new chapter about the hero Alexander pov.

K Webster- This Is War, Baby bonus scene. We finally get Gabe the villains pov with Baylee.

Willow Winters- A Kiss To Tell. We get a never before seen chapter. We get a glimpse of Chloe thoughts about Sebastian.

It’s always exciting getting new content on characters we have read before. Always a bonus reading new authors
Carol LuvsBooks
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want to get into dark romance books, but don´t know where begin... this is perfect.

For beginners there are glimpses of the work of these authors, just enough for you to want to know more about their stories. And for those of us on the dark side, there is extra footage from the stories we're already familiar with.

I think it is a good initiative to attract new curious readers about this genre, which may be stigmatized, but once you enter the dark side, you can no longer leave.

Welcome to the
KeishlaM
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let’s be honest! I was really excited to reading Eli’s Transition, and let me tell you Amo didn’t disappoint. I became even more obsessed with The Elite Kings & Midnight Mayhem!!! 😍😍😍 OMG! I just can wait for more books of those two worlds that have me in love. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
And also Cora Reilly with Fragile Longing 🥰. I was looking forward to reading it since I read Twisted Pride. I’m in love with all of her mafia books. ♥️
michelle (augustinereads)
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
I only read the prologue and first chapter of Fragile Longing by Cora Reilly and oh my god I don’t think I can wait a whole week to finally get my hands on this book.
I really feel sad for Sofia she’s gonna go through a lot, no one have to be the consolation prize,the second best.
I do hope Danilo will treat her well and maybe end up loving her in the end.
Lynne Garlick
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I love anthologies! I get to meet new to me authors, catch up with authors I love, whilst donating to fantastic causes.
This anthology is no different yet it really is!! Deliciously dark, leaving the reader wanting more!! Fantastic!!
Karla Diaz
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this anthology. Thanks to this I found great authors and definitely gonna buy their books, a plus was that I could find new content for authors I already know I'm beyond excited for this upcoming books. The best of all is definitely the price. ...more
Megan Denton
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lord what an amazing anthology with the absolute best authors!

** Amo Jones’ Before Panic Ensues **

Dang I just need to live in the Fury world. Eli is complete fire and this is the most perfect tease.
Veronica LaRoche
This anthology was a tease of what you can expect from the authors stories. I am familiar with some authors in this anthology and I absolutely loved there books. I have now found new authors that I can’t wait too read their books.
Pam
Jul 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle
Unconventional - Aleatha Romig - 4 stars
I’ve already read Unconventional, but the prologue was new. I think I would have liked it more had I not already known how the story ends. This is a great introduction to the story, and if I hadn’t already read it, I would definitely want to continue.
Sunflowers&Sunshine
Incredible!!!

This is such an incredible and enticing collection from such an outstanding group of writers. Every glorious snippet from this book only makes you want to dive in deeper to each story.
Bailey Boughton
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great way to meet new authors

This anthology is amazing!! It’s dark and twisted and I love the way you get introduced to new authors and their stories
Carolyn
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great snippets

Just enough to tempt and tease you. Can't wait for more to arrive. A great way to find new and amazing authors
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal anthology full of dark romance goodness written by incredible authors!
Clara
Shelves: 5-stars
Eli's transition by Amo Jones ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Sophie Ruthven
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic boxset

What a brillant idea this was.
Whether you are new or old to these authors everyone will get joy from these stories.
Definitely a must click.
Cancelled Pre-Order on Kindle 1 3 Jun 29, 2020 03:58PM

• Love in Lockdown
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • MetaMaus: A Look Inside a Modern Classic, Maus
  • The Sculptor
  • Seconds
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Edgar Allan Poe's Spirits of the Dead
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 2
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
  • A Taste of Magic
  • Tales of Darkness and Sin
  • Uppercut Princess (The Heights Crew, #1)
  • Revenge At Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #2)
  • Roma Queen (Roma Royals Duet #2)
  • Lost at Sea
  • Coraline
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana, USA. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist ...more

News & Interviews