Start by marking “The Mirror Image Ghost” as Want to Read:
The Mirror Image Ghost

The Mirror Image Ghost

Shortlisted for the Children's Book Award 1995, this ghost story centres around Lisa, who is sure that she has seen a ghost in the reflection of her mother's bedroom mirror. She finds herself drawn into the dramatic events of the world entered into through the mirrors.
Paperback
Published April 3rd 2000 by Faber Faber (first published May 5th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Mirror Image Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mirror Image Ghost

Hilary
We picked this up in a charity shop and having enjoyed Marianne Dreams and noticing this was by the same author we gave it a try. If we hadn't had previous experience of this author I would probably not have read this as the cover and the very obvious title would have put me off.

Lisa lives happily with her mother, her father died when she was young. When Lisa's mum meets someone new and they marry she finds her stepfather's children living with them. They do not get on and suprisingl
Joy Manne
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Joy by: I discovered it in a set of children's classics
I wrote about Catherine Storr, the author in my review of Marianne Dreams. This is another journey into Inner Space by an author competent to draw the map.
The plot has two strands. Lisa's mother remarries, and from being an only child whose father died, she now has a step-father and two step-siblings, a brother and sister, and she doesn't like it. Lisa's grandfather survived Hitler's Germany and the extinction of the Jews because, by chance he was in the UK. He can't talk about it. He has been
K_Y
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Mirror Image Ghost is a fiction book, written by Catherine Storr.
It is a book with about 140 pages, so it will be easy to read. Personally, I think this book is suited to age 10+, because maybe under 10, it is hard to read a book like this, and
Catherine Storr is also the author of Marianne Dreams, another hit book by her.
The characters in the book are Lisa, Pierre, Alice, Fanny and Laurent.
The book is about a girl, Lisa, who gets a stepfather, and she is uncomfortable with
Rebecca McNutt
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I honestly didn't find The Mirror Image Ghost to be as wonderful as it brags - sure, it was well-written and eerie, but it had nothing to make it stand out as original or memorable. I think children would enjoy it much more than adults would.
Dannuel Saùl Delizo
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: somberness
i've seen a movie with the same thread. oh well, whatta cute story.
Madelyn
May 03, 2013 added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Madelyn by: Easter Bunny
I got this book for Easter, and read it immediately. It is about a girl in present-day, who sees a ghost. Present mixes with past and it involves WWII
Liz
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
loved this one - bit spooky but still not sure Katie should read it yet! Brings up all sorts of questions about the holocaust.
Kit
Feb 26, 2017
Rebecca
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Author Catherine Storr was educated at St. Paul's Girls' School and went on to study English at Newnham College, Cambridge. She then went to medical school and worked part-time as a Senior Medical Officer in the Department of Psychological Medicine of the Middlesex Hospital from 1950 to 1963.

Her first book was published in 1940, but was not successful. It was not until the 1950s that her books be