Start by marking “Mr. H.O.A.” as Want to Read:

(Fake It #1)

Bane Fox knows exactly what he wants in life: financial stability.

He does not want to be homeless.
He does not want to be the president of an HOA.

It’s rather unfortunate he is both of those things.

Oh, and did I forget to mention he has a fake wife?
Yeah, that’s me.
Published June 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mr. H.O.A., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. H.O.A.

Start your review of Mr. H.O.A.
Jypsy
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Give Me Books for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Carina Taylor

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆
The cover of Mr. H.O.A. is so adorable, and I wanted to read the book as soon as I saw it. New to me author Carina Taylor has written a delightfully charming story about two "squatters" pretending to be a married couple. Bane and Nola were evicted from the same apartment building, and events led to an empty house, thus the squatting. Bane i
Neha Singh
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was surprisingly good! One of the cleanest romance I have read in a very long time. Despite having no sex scenes and very few kissing scenes, it was filled with great chemistry, the friendship and attraction between Bane and Nola was great, I loved both of them. Pretty sure the next book is about Riley and Nate, cannot wait to read about them!
Happy Reading Watching
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reread 2021
Oh my goodness this book! So much fun and the charcters, the story and the romance 😍

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞? 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐫. 𝐇.𝐎.𝐀.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
ᴛʜɪꜱ ʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴍ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
🍨ɪᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ
🍨ꜰᴀᴋᴇ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱʜɪᴘ
🍨ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ɴᴇɪɢʜʙᴏʀꜱ
🍨ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀ
🍨ꜱᴡᴏᴏɴ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ & ᴍᴏʀᴇ
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Happy Diversion

Who doesn't love a good fake to real love story? This one was fun! Nola and Bane come together in an interesting way and fit each other well. The whole HOA thing may have been a slight exaggeration but not by much! I lived in a crazy HOA place so all that was particularly amusing to me. This story provided a happy diversion and I'm looking forward to the next book!
Mandy
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This romantic comedy was so fun to read; I read it in one afternoon and still can't stop thinking about it. The characters were charming and the plot felt very original for the fake marriage trope. Bane and Nola had great chemistry that had me completely swooning each time they "pretended" to be a married couple all while slowly falling in love. The way they teased each other and the well-written banter was a delight to read. The fun twists in the plot and interactions were all super entertainin ...more
Pixie Perkins
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
My full review can be found here: bit.ly/3fObCSj

𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘏𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘯’𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘦𝘥. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥. 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦—𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯’𝘵.

AND HOW COULD NOLA NOT GET ATTACHED TO BANE WHEN HE WAS SO FLIPPIN' AMAZING?!

So, y'all should know I haven't read a story by Carina Taylor that I didn't enjoy. And that statement still stands. Yep. She wrote another book for me to fangirllllll over!!

Mr. H.O.A was funny, romantic, witty, and so much more. Also, I lo
Jes Drew
Speaking of rom-coms, this one is one of my absolute favorites. It's perfect. I love fake relationships, but it's more than just that. There's banter, crazy neighbors, and someone's dad getting dragged into the hijinks... it's the best thing ever. I pre-ordered it the moment I saw it, and once I finally had it in my hot, little hands, I read it twice, one read right after the other, because it was so good. If you need an escape from the insanity, here it is.

Review first published on my blog: ht
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the first time I am reading this author and I really enjoyed this story. It had a lot of humor, fun and good times with a couple that I liked a lot. That said I did not feel it should be listed as a romance. I felt it was very chick-lit rather than a romance.

Nola and Bane live in a crappy set of apartments when they are condemned and they are forced to move. These two start out as
Summer Dowell
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Carina's writing style--its not stop laughs throughout the whole book! This story was such a good one, swoony worhty moments and witty dialogue that leaves you feeling happy!
Margot Meanders
To relax with a light thing after a depressing day is really a luxury I enjoy but only if the romcom fits my taste. This one does. I thoroughly enjoyed this cute and clean romcom. (I only read clean romances).

This one has, to me, some of the most likeable characters I have found in a romance story. their interactions are fun and endearing and the tiny bit of conflict is both enough and sufficiently understandable much as I would prefer no obfuscating was involved. Bane is a realtor with a housi
Brenda Moser
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an entertaining romantic comedy with strong characters in Bane and Nola. I loved the chemistry between these two. They have a fun banter with a slow burning romance. The author does a great job building the story with humor and a sweet romance. It's well written with detailed scenes,moves fluidly and is a great read.

Barbara Hackel
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Acquaintance to love with a fake marriage inbetween

After being evicted from his apartment, Bane Fox has difficulty finding a new place to live. Another renter in the complex (Nola) chooses to stay until the wrecking ball comes, but she shares an address of a house with Bane that he can use. When Nola shows up at the house, they begin an uneasy (for Bane) squatting experience. So many funny situations result.
Sweet, funny, clean romance that offers enjoyment and satisfaction at its conclusion.
Crystal
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I loved the concept. I loved the hijinks that ensued. I loved the neighbors. And, I really loved Mr. HOA. This was just a fun, sweet romance!
Luisa Rivas
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a cute and funny story! I loved that it was a slow burn romance, so it gave me a lot of time to fall in love with the characters and enjoy the plot and all the entanglement that Nola and Bane got involved in!

Nola and Bane were living in a derelict apartment building. It was riddled in mold and asbestos. They were suddenly evicted from their apartment and told to leave fast because the building was going to be demolished soon and replaced by a luxurious apartment building. Suddenly homeless,
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such an adorable romantic comedy, especially with the fake wife trope, which is one of my favorites!! It had my chuckling in some spots and sighing in others, which basically makes for a fun and entertaining romance read! This author is new to me and I liked that everything was pretty tame, though I did miss having steamy scenes. The characters were relatable and the story had me engulfed from the very beginning!

All in all if you are looking for a lighthearted romance that will keep you
Sunny Shelly Reads
Smart, funny and quirky, Mr. H.O.A. is a fantastic fake marriage romance with interesting characters, witty dialog and a swoony hero. From start to finish, Bane and Nola had me hooked. They were playful and teasing as they fell in love while pretending to be married.

I pretty much read this lighthearted romantic comedy during a road trip, and it is definitely a binge-able book to take in poolside or on a rainy afternoon. It's also a relatively clean read, if that's your jam. There are some steam
Anonymous 5
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this has such an adorable one, I couldn't resist! Ms. Taylor is a new-to-me author, so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised, as this was such a fun romantic comedy. I've read a lot of different books with a fake marriage trope, and I have to say this was certainly an original. Nola and Bane are pretending to be a married couple. They were both evicted from their apartments and through the course of certain events, were led to live ...more
2OCC Reviews
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
Bane and Nola were super cute and their story really fun. It was a clean wholesome read with light drama, laugh out loud moments and a hero that was sweet to the core. I loved Bola and her huge heart. Right from the start I could feel it and it just continued to shine as the story went on. Bane was awesome from start to finish. That man didn’t have a mean bone in his body. There wasn’t a lot of drama so it was really laid back and just a great read for the weekend. I can’t waist it read more fro ...more
Sandra
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a nice feel good read with a down to earth H who wanted to escape his parents money mistakes & make his own way in the world.
Nola our h, was escaping money for a different reason, perhaps the opposite to that of Bane's family. Eventually you will work out who her dad is & how he unknowingly bought these two together. I did think their meeting was a bit OTT though.
Well how Bane became involved in the HOA was a classic as well as the odd collection of homeowners who lived there.
This was an
Ashley Johnson
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was simple, cute and entertaining. A quick read that was clean and enjoyable and enough humor without going overboard.
Melissa
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mr. HOA is just the read I needed to help my current stress level. It is laugh out loud funny. Mr. HOA is a fake marriage rom com centered around Bane and Nola. There were such unique circumstances leading to their fake marriage that you will have to read to get all the details because I don't want to give anything away. This book is full of hilarious banter, great chemistry, family drama, quirky neighbors, and a bit of mystery. Oh and I can't forget to mention that it is completely clean! I mus ...more
Ashley Weston
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get to read this book before it’s release date and let me tell you, it was SO good!
I love Taylor’s way of integrating unique story plots and vastly different characters to fall in love in unlikely ways. It’s my favorite part about reading her books, they are all unique!
This story was no different. It was fun and quirky, and yet had some mystery that kept you guessing. It was humorous and full of spunk. It was enjoyable, and I loved every second of it!!
Jules Chyoma
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was so delightful to read.
Sarah Robbins
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This book took me a bit to get into but I was glad I stuck with it. The characters grew on me and eventually made me chuckle with their antics. This was a pretty clean, easy summer read.
A.M. Hogue
So Funny!

Holy stars, this was such an incredibly funny and awesome book!! Carina Taylor is a brand-new author to me, but the book's blurb really snagged my attention, and after reading the sample chapters, I was hooked. I went straight to the Kindle store and bought the book. Nola and Bane are so cute together, and their bantering? Oh my goodness! I was grinning and snort-laughing (and incidentally getting weird looks from my husband lol) almost the entire time I was reading. I couldn't put the
Ashleigh
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, the writing!

The author had a unique way of telling the story that had me wanting this book to go on and on.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Jennifer Olivas
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this slow burn fake marriage romance. Bane and Nola have amazing chemistry and there is plenty of sexual tension between them. They also have plenty of moments that make you laugh, like when she scares him. That is definitely one of my favorite scenes.I love that the author wrote so many interesting supporting characters. There are definitely many layers of secrets between these two and also those around them. They both learn that many things are not as they seem. The question i ...more
Lizzy Ayala
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun story about a dreamy guy. I loved Bane as a character because he was a real life grown up. Responsible and caring! How often do we get characters like that?! I didn't care for Nola as much. She needed to mature a bit and had a "poor little rich girl" vibe. I felt like that brought Bane down a bit. But, I loved their playful "fake" relationship. Overall a really fun read! ...more
Amanda
Book Title: Mr. H.O.A.

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆

So funny. I love a good romantic comedy. It has everything I love in a book; swoon worthy characters, laugh out loud comedy and of course an HEA that was totally worth the read.

Elizabeth
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: no-thanks, 2020-reads
First off, let me start off by saying: the last thing I wanted or expected to do was rate this book at only 2 stars! I’ve read two other books by this author that I absolutely LOVED. ‘Love on Willow Loop’ and ‘Neighbors Like That.’ Both I would highly recommend to anyone! So why such a low score on this one? With a flashy cover and a fun and intriguing premise, this would normally be right up my alley for a fun romantic comedy.

Let me start with some positives: The story concept was great and had
« previous 1 3 next »

• Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)
  • The Temporary Roomie (It Happened in Nashville, #2)
  • A Temporary Marriage (Fake Love #1)
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • If It's Perfect (The Wedding Business #1)
  • How to Not Fall for the Guy Next Door
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • First Kiss Train Wreck (Shaped by Love #3)
  • Suits and Spark Plugs
  • A Temporary Engagement (Fake Love #3)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • A Christmas Spark
  • A Temporary Boyfriend: (Fake Love #2)
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)
  • How to Not Fall for the Wrong Guy