Start by marking “Break Up with Him, for Me” as Want to Read:
Break Up with Him, for Me

Break Up with Him, for Me

Penelope, I know that it’s three o’clock in the morning, but I have to get this off my chest.

I can't give you any more advice on landing this other guy, can't tell you another "sexy" thing that you should do, or suggest a new set of filthy words that you should text him late at night.

As your best friend, I've reached my limit, and I can honestly say that he doesn't deserv
Kindle Edition
Published May 31st 2021 by WGW Books, LLC (first published 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Break Up with Him, for Me, please sign up.
Angela Yes! Please! Travis and Tati would be great. He is going to have to go through a lot and his character needs to break in order for him to change, but …moreYes! Please! Travis and Tati would be great. He is going to have to go through a lot and his character needs to break in order for him to change, but I can be there for that. Also, Sarah and Lawerence would be a great book.(less)

Start your review of Break Up with Him, for Me
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I have no idea what ‘this’ is, Hayden. When exactly would you need my help?”
“Tomorrow and every morning this week,” I said. “We ride at dawn.”
Silence. “Can you be honest with me?” He let out a long breath. “Is it cocaine or heroin?”

I've been desperately waiting for a full length romance from Whit for what feels like forever. As much as I love her steamy novellas, I wanted a bigger hit of her brand of banter and alphas. And I definitely got it with this book.

This was a slow
Carvanz
No one does alpha heroes like Whitney G!!!

You know it’s good when you just can’t stop reading it! Hayden had me from the first page and the more arrogant he became had me loving him all the more. Afterall, arrogance in a Whitney G hero is a trademark of one that’s going to fall hard when he falls. And holy heck...Hayden fell until he was completely broken.

A guide to starting your perfect luxury watch collection | The Everyday Man

I don’t want to spoil any of the goodness that ends up being Hayden and it’s impossible to describe him without doing so. Rest assured, howeve
Melanie (mells_view)
“Don’t let a guy distract you from your dreams…”

“He won’t be worth it, no matter who he is.”

2.5*

This one was ok. A reluctant besties to eventual lovers read. Hayden is Penelope’s older brother’s best friend. He is watching out for her because Penelope’s parents died and her brother is trying to make a MMA career so he can support Pen. Anyway. Somewhere along the way Penelope went from annoying little sister to best friend and then to the woman Hayden was in love with, and it goes the same way fo
✧ Marureviere ✧
Shelves: 2021-reads
There were so many things in this book that irritated the hell out of me idek where to start.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Penelope is an incredibly talented ice figure skater. She is at the peak of her career when one wrong move changes everything for her. She is now a coach/trainer for the upcoming Olympic hopefuls. I’m beginning with the ‘now’ but this story dips back and forth between the then and now. After spending most of her life dedicated to her sport she hasn’t had much time for a personal life or dating. Now she is dipping into the dating pool to see if she can find that someone special to share her life ...more
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5 'No breakup title' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I’ve been a huge fan of Whitney G. ever since she gave us the infamous Andrew Hamilton (my forever favorite dirty hero from hers). Nearly always I am ready to read whatever she comes up with, and her newest standalone release was no exception. Break Up with Him, for Me also features one of my absolute favorite troupes (friends to lovers) and I think Whitney did a good job with Hayden and Penelope’s relations
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ
I love Whitney G because she writes banter and steam in contemporary like no other author and she always comes up with original premises and set ups for her romances. Usually with many epistolary elements (texting, emails or letters) which is probably why I keep coming back to her when I'm in the mmod for something light, fun and sexy.

Break Up With Him, For Me is a friends to lovers/best friend little sister trope told in dual POV with present and past chapters, the "past" chapters focusing on a
Dali
I had missed Whitney G.’s books so much and her new offering is an alluring delight.

Hayden Hunter and Penelope Carter’s story starts many years ago when Penelope’s brother leaves her to pursue an MMA career under his best friend’s care. Hayden and Penelope start off as reluctant acquaintances but through the years, the trials and tribulations they face together they become the best of friends and eventually they cross the platonic line and their relationship must go through a bit more growi
aqsa (villain stan)
May 31, 2021 rated it it was ok
lemme just say that this book was not bad per say- like there was nothing that was plot or character wise bad. it’s just that the friends to lovers second chance trope fucking sucks lol. i absolutely hate it. & while she was able to make me eventually like the reformed manwhore in the end (despite my absolute distaste for them) the whole thing was kinda gruelling. i also don’t appreciate that she makes her female leads so lacklustre w/ awful sex lives & also just 0 critical thinking skills like ...more
Snow
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
I have to say I am pretty disappointed in this one :/

I love Whitney's previous books and I look forward to her next publication even though she takes long to write/publish...LOL but so far, 90% of her books were smash hits for me...and then this one comes along, and I'm just...flat out disappointed...

I skimmed...a lot :/

that never happened with Whitney G's books before...ever

I just didn't like them, either of them...there was just not enough connection and that's truly odd, cause these two are s
Michal
Jun 04, 2021 rated it did not like it
Dnf 68%
I tried, because I love this author..

• Great writing, as always.
• Stupid and clueless heroine.
• Cool and strog hero, but with low morals.
• Sex scenes fading to black and dull.
• Lukewarm chemistry.
• Lost interest from the back and forth.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Who stayed up til 5a reading this book?! I did and it was SO worth the no sleep!

I absolutely LOVE friends to lovers, brother's best friend romance and Whitney G. stole my heart yet again with another amazing book.

Hayden Hunter and Penelope Carter weren't always best friends. She was the younger sister of his best friend and he was given the responsibility of looking out for her when her brother left to pursue his career. And what started off as babysitting turned into so much more when Penelope
Carissa
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a novel length book from Whitney. I have to say I really enjoyed this story. Reading through the trials and tribulations of Penelope and Hayden's friends to lovers relationship. It was complicated even for Penelope's brother Travis who was also Hayden's friend. This one was just unique for me just how the way Whitney delivered the story. I look forward to more!

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book o
Jessica Alcazar
I’ve always loved the heck out of every full length novel Whitney has written, and the opposite holds true with her not full length novels. She’s always at her best when she allows the story to breath and her characters to evolve. Even though her stories sometimes come across as rinse and repeat, there is something joyous in them that hooks me every time. My heart and my joy meter had the time of their life reading this story! :)

However, I’d me remiss if I didn’t point out two plot points that j
Tori
Jun 05, 2021 rated it liked it
I’m not the biggest fan of friends to lovers books, but being a Whitney G fan I decided to give it a try.

When Penelope’s elder brother Travis moves to Vegas to follow his MMA dreams, he entrusts his best friend, Hayden with her care. Hayden and Penelope’s relationship starts off with them arguing like enemies, and their banter is quite entertaining! eventually they become best friends. Hayden becomes the source for Penelope’s relationship advice until suddenly things change.

Ultimately, this was
POV: Dual
Series: Stand Alone
Ending: HEA
Re-read? No

"I was starting to get annoyed by all the advice I was giving her to land this other guy. And by “annoyed,” I meant jealous. Stage ten envy. Full-blown fucking jealous. "

This was a lovely story if not a bit frustrating at times. Penelope dropped Hayden like a hot potato as soon as she found a seemingly decent boyfriend and but then kept complaining that he was avoiding HER. That was super annoying. Hayden truly cared fo
nikki
Jun 02, 2021 added it
Yikes!!
No rating for this one because I couldn’t finish it.

The hero was an arrogant dick and the heroine was whiny and annoying. I think it was meant to be a rom-com but it really missed the mark for me and I just found it to be really cringey and slightly ridiculous.
Three Chicks
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Hayden Hunter and Penelope Carter have a strange connection. Penelope's brother Travis, left her in Seattle to move to Las Vegas to train as an MMA fighter. He left her in Hayden's care (more like dumped her!) and Hayden's not exactly loving his role. Penelope blames him for Travis leaving and Hayden is sick of carting her all over town for her ice skating practices. Penelope gets herself into a bit of a situation with a cheating guy and needs Hayden's help to bail her out. He
Arabesque
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Whitney G is my favourite author no questions about that!
Friends to lovers/brothers best friend are trope I almost always try to avoid cos they bore me. I gave it a go only for my love to this author. Beginning was quite meh and not much was happening..but at 50% it’s got really interesting.
Great love story and character development.
Tisha
Shelves: wtf
Ugh! I hate to say it- but I didn’t enjoy this one. This was a perfect case of, “it’s the characters, not the writing.” Despite, knowing all that I know about Penelope’s history- I found her to be UNBELIEVABLY immature, annoying, and ridiculous.

Like girl WTF!! It was baffling to think someone, as “accomplished” as Hayden would want her. And he wasn’t exactly any better than her.

Aside from Tatiana, Lawrence, and Sarah- the remaining characters were annoying af. And OMG Travis was the worst!! I
Zee Shine Storm
Jun 02, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. I tried. Too sweet for me. And if I'm not feeling any sexual tension by their second meeting, I'm out. ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

**review to come**
Marty
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rohina
May 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
We have a cover, blurb and release month!! I'm so pumped to get my hands on this book!!!

description

Coming June 2020!!

↠ S Y N O P S I S ↞

Please leave your message at the sound of the beep…

As your best friend, I've reached my l
Marcia
Nov 19, 2020 added it
Where is the book?? I want it now!
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
This is the ultimate; friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, brother's best friend all in one book. Penelope and Hayden have so many ups and downs, spanning the course of years, but one thing is clear, they can't live without each other.
Hayden is tasked with watching out for Penelope when her brother goes to Vegas to pursue his MMA career. Penelope is six years younger and a lot less experienced than Hayden in many departments and he becomes the big brother that she desperately needs. The only th
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
(3-3.5)
Playboy Hayden Hunter and Penelope Carter are friends but who both need help in the dating department. When Penelope starts dating a new guy, Hayden finally wakes up and wants nothing more then to turn their friendship into something more. She was always off limits as his best friends little sister but maybe it’s time to change that. This is a different type of romcom as it takes you through all the “bad dates” prior & goes back and forth from past to present. This was difficult for me t
Nina Life of a Bookworm
4,5
It's no secret that Whitneys books are guilty pleasure of mine.
She can write hot book with only 2 sex scenes and no more and that is what I love about her :)
Syd Ryan
Jun 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Whitney brings the out the creative with this storyline especially in a troupe that is expected. She does know how to write a jerk and redeem him up to bar. Good story…

Happy 📖 Reading!
Cocktails and Books
Jun 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Cocktails and Books

3.5 cocktails

I never really saw the allure of Hayden for Penelope. The snide comments grew really old after awhile. I feel like there was a whole side to this relationship that we never saw. Maybe if we did, i would have liked this more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt, #1)
  • Why We Broke Up
  • Get Your Ex Back: The Ultimate Guide To Get Back Your Ex-Girlfriend or Ex-Boyfriend And Win Your Lover Back
  • Ignore the Guy, Get the Guy: The Art of No Contact: A Woman's Survival Guide to Mastering A Breakup and Taking Back Her Power
  • It's Not You It's Him
  • Get Your Ex Back: Publishing Box Set: 200 Text Messages Your EX Would Love to Receive, The No Contact Rule (get your ex back, get your ex back fast,breakup,no contact after a breakup)
  • The Break-Up Bet
  • Make Up Break Up
  • NO CONTACT RULE: HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK AFTER A BREAKUP, MAKE HIM COME RUNNING BACK TO YOU WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION (The survival guide on how to win your ex back after a breakup Book 1)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1
  • Forever (Betrothed #7)
  • The Two Week Stand
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Cocky Bastard
  • Wrong (Cafe, #1)
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books are currently published in over a dozen languages.

She lives deep in the Tennessee woods and spends most of her time drinking coffee while penning dirty-talking alpha males.

Find out more about her next project at www.whitneygbooks.com

(Be sure to sign up for "The F.L.Y. List" as that's the best way to receive new release update

News & Interviews

“I can’t be just your friend anymore, Penelope.” He looked into my eyes. “I refuse.”
“Are you saying it’s all or nothing?”
“Yes. But I’m also saying that I want to be yours, and I want you to be mine.”
0 likes