Start by marking “Truel1f3: Lifel1k3 3 (Truelife: Lifelike 3)” as Want to Read:
Truel1f3: Lifel1k3 3 (Truelife: Lifelike 3)

Truel1f3: Lifel1k3 3

(LIFEL1K3 #3)

From the bestselling co-author of the Illuminae Files comes the thrilling finale in the LIFEL1K3 trilogy--hailed by Marie Lu as "a breathless, action-packed exploration of what humanity really means."

Best friends have become enemies. Lovers have become strangers. And deciding whose side you're on could be the difference between life and death. For Eve and Lemon, discoverin
Published July 2nd 2020 (first published June 30th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Truel1f3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truel1f3

Start your review of Truel1f3: Lifel1k3 3 (Truelife: Lifelike 3)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.25 stars. Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Jay Kristoff’s latest novel TRUEL1F3 wraps up his YA dystopian LIFELIKE trilogy with a long buildup to an epic battle, set in a nuclear-blasted future version of the “Yousay.” Some humans have (presumably due to radiation-induced mutations) developed superpowers and are often treated as deviants by normal humans; most of our main characters, like Lemon Fresh (named after the detergent box she was found abandoned in as a baby) are in th
Cindy ✩☽♔
First rule of the Scrap
Stronger together.
Together forever.

Well, that was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. It’s been a while since I’ve finished a book in a matter of hours but I simply had to know how this story ended.

Fast-paced, action-packed. Filled with tests of loyalty, friendship, and love. You're constantly wondering what this world will throw at you next.

The Cast
Eve: the anti-heroine
Looking back on my review for the first book, I mentioned I was ready to watch Eve's descent into da
Ari
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Waworga
This this such a good conclusion even tho there were things I don’t like about it.. still a good conclusion in my opinion

I love there were so many actions and robot battle scenes through this series and my fav aspect on this whole trilogy is the FRIENDSHIP story! I think Jay Kristoff is one of the author that can built amazing friendship story (ZEKE DESERVES EVERYTHING THE BEST BTW I want to be his bestfriend!)

Things I don’t like : some of the scene felt too chaotic and very jumpy and there were
Jules ✨
Thank you Netgalley and Knopf Books for Young Readers for the ARC.

Now i can finally binge-reading the entire series.
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, courtesy of NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
5 stars

Thanks for the free book @PRHGlobal/@prhinternational! I was lucky to get an ARC of that story but it has no influence on my review.

That book was brilliful!

What’s that word? It’s a word for something both beautiful and brilliant.

“First rule of the Scrap:  Stronger together. Together forever.”

Long review ahead #sorrynotsorry !

First, we begin with a helluva opening scene that will set the tone and the pace for the whole book!

There are some deep topics he
 LEAH⇢

● LENGTH OF AUDIO - 13 HOURS, 25 MINUTES
● I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY

description

MY THOUGHTS●●●

I loved the first and the second book...and I rated them both five stars. The third book, I don't know, maybe I wanted more fro
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

Check out my review of LIFEL1K3 here and give it a like!
Check out my review of DEV1AT3 here and give it a like!

Thank you so much Random House and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review TRUEL1F3!

It's been a few days since I've read TRUEL1F3 and I've spent this time thinking about this novel and how this series ended. Initially I loved it and was content, but the more I thought about it the more and more that I realized that it was
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

TRUEL1F3 was an okay-ish book. I was honestly really excited to dive into this but the ending just felt like such a cop out. I mean, I went through an emotional ride of liking and disliking Eve throughout the entire book. Yes, she made some pretty awful and dumb decisions but I could see that she was upset and hurt as well.

Yet, towards the end she just easily switched sides and everyone was like - YAY! Meanwhile I'm just li
Fabi
This trilogy kept getting better with each book. This final installment is full of high octane energy and rollercoaster emotions.

Our beloved characters are tested to the limits of their endurance. Loyalty and love, friendship and self growth, everyone has to reach for the peak and stretch to the breaking point. To do anything less will mean the end of humankind.

If you want to meet unique, snarky, strong characters, this is the story for you. If you want to see how humankind perseveres against al
Ishmeen
Hate to say I’m disappointed
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Brilliful Stars

TRUEL1F3 is the finale of the LIFEL1k3 trilogy which is a mash-up of the Wizard of Oz, Pinocchio and i-Robot which some fun new language added in just to make it all pop. The big showdown is coming between super corps Daedalus and BioMass but don’t count out the side players or Gabriel with team Lifelike who want to destroy humanity or the Deviates that are trying to find a way to save what is left of it.

All of our original characters have come so far from the beginning.

- Lem
Nova Syzygy
Hi, welcome back to another episode of Nova Not Enjoying the Things She Used to Love. In this episode I will be discussing the fact that I completely forgot this book was released, and how it may have affected my reading experience, as well as how that One Thing that happened months ago may have ruined every single series I loved at the time.
Except...I lied. I won’t actually be doing any of that. That takes effort, and effort is not something I want to do at 2 AM.
I will give some minor criticism
Melissasfandomworld
This was a super fast paced and entertaining conclusion to the trilogy. There's not a single dull moment to be found and I couldn't flip the pages fast enough whenever I got around to reading. I loved all of the different pov's yet again and the development in general was really well done.

In the end, most of the story-line development wasn't really surprising to me and I thought that Some of the things happening towards the end went a bit fast for my taste and maybe even felt a little too 'easy'
Lauren
So, it would seem that I've really got this weird issue the last few years where my brain just WON'T LET ME FINISH SERIES. Guys, there are final books in series I've been working on for FOREVER that my brain just keeps finding excuses to not read. This one was bad enough at 3 1/2 weeks, but yeah... it's becoming an issue.

That aside, this book was, shall we say... brillful? (If you don't know what that means, you should read the series) I was quite happy with how things ended for everyone and how
Soo
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

I would have loved this trilogy as a kid. Now? It was good but lacked the layered depth to make me truly engaged by the world or characters. Solid wrap up for a series.

Yay for libraries! That's how I was able to dabble in the world of Lifelike. =)
Isela
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You built a world on metal backs. Held together by metal hands. And one day soon, those hands will close. And they’ll become fists.”

Eve, Gabriel and Ana have been captured by Daedalus Technologies, while Lemon has been kidnapped by BioMaas. The two biggest Yousay corporations are preparing for war, trying to gain control of what's left of the country.

Daedalus is trying to access Myriad, and with Eve and Ana in their hands, they will eventually get Ana’s blood and brainwave patterns. The las
Ashley Noelle Lewis
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Thank you to Net Galley for providing me with this advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

This entire series was SO good!!!! I'll be completely honest, I have yet to read a Jay Kristoff book that I did not give 5 stars to.

This dystopian world that Kristoff has created feels like something that could very easily happen in the future. He did such a good job at creating a world that was both fictional and completely believable. The characters were full of personality and growth. Not gonna
Adah Udechukwu
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I blitzed through LIFEL1K3. The novel was awesome as i expected it to be. It was refreshing, fabulous and interesting.
Rob
Aug 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
DEVIATE DESTROYED ME I NEED THIS N O W
Karen’s Library
Having read enough books by Jay Kristoff to know, I was a bit worried going into this third and final book in his Lifelike series. And, yup. I was right to worry. Dang you, Kristoff!

Truelife starts out where Deviate ended, with Lemon Fresh as a captive of BioMass, and Eve as a captive of Daedalus Technologies. To be honest, at this point I didn't care a bit where Eve was or what she was going through. All I cared about was Lemon and if she'd survive. And in a surprise twist, I finally realized t
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult / Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

TRUEL1F3 is the third and final installment in author Jeff Kristoff's Lifelike trilogy. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic USA. The story will take readers deep into the heart of Megopolis, home to Daedalus, and City Hive where we will find BioMaas and their myriad of strange beings including the Hunters who were sent out to retrieve Lemon. In this world, Bio Maas provides most of the country's food with gene
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
I think this was my second favourite of the series (and probably the least emotionally damaging series ending Jay Kristoff has given me). I think I struggled with pacing predominately but I think the plots itself was tied up quite well. I do think I'll try and binge reread the series back to back to back.
Jelena Milenković
I’m wondering about that Jay-Kristoff-s-not-a-fan-of-happy-endings thing...
Jackie
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads, arcs, sci-fi
Dropped stars for that garbage half paragraph “redemption” because there’s no way a character deserved anything but destruction at the end of this.

“TrueLife” gives us the thrilling conclusion to this series as the last remaining children look to open the door and remake the world in their image but not with resistance from our motley crew of freaks and bots looking to prove that humanity should be saved.

This book was so good up until it’s last breath when tying up loose ends felt more like a h
☕️Kimberly
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
I was nervous going in, because Kristoff can be unmerciful. Again the tale is delivered from multiple POVs, but Spencer’s narration and unique voices made the switches seamless.

I love that even the side characters become important and that the dynamics change as characters grow, face consequence and evolve. Both Eva and Lemon struggle with their relationship, identity and the battle occurring. We see relationships develop, face betrayals and witness unwavering loyalty.

The action increased the fu
Erin
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

I'll be honest, when this beautiful ARC showed up on my kindle, I was more than a little hesitant to read it. After the way DEV1AT3 ended, I was genuinely terrified of this final book in a series I adore. We all know that Jay Kristoff is more than a tiny bit evil (see: Godsgrave), so I was worried about the path this series would take. After the events of book two, I didn't see how Kristoff could wrap up the series without making me sob my damn eyes out.

I am happy to report,
Carola
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
What a brilliful last book in this series is this!
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
After absolutely loving LIFEL1K3 and enjoying DEV1AT3, I had high hopes for TRUEL1F3. Unfortunately, I felt like this one wasn’t quite up to the same level as its predecessors. Part of what I loved about this series was the characters. While the action was fantastic and the world well-developed, the characters were really at the heart of the story for me. And there were just too many characters in TRUEL1F3 for me to really feel that connection with any of them. This book, particularly the ending ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Gown
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • With the Fire on High
  • The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy: The Shocking Inside Story
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan #1)
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • White Bird
  • Houdini: The Handcuff King
  • Batman: Nightwalker
Jay Kristoff is a #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. He is the winner of eight Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approximately 12,000 days to live.

He does

LIFEL1K3 (3 books)
  • LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)