Start by marking “Nevada Noir : A Trilogy of Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Nevada Noir : A Trilogy of Short Stories

Nevada Noir : A Trilogy of Short Stories

In these three dark and brooding short stories, set in and around the US state of Nevada, a cast of disparate characters struggle with greed and temptation, and the cursed lure of easy money... an old man goes in search of his son in the aftermath of a terrible storm, a couple down on their luck make a life-changing discovery and an ex-cop has one last impossible decision ...more
Kindle Edition, NEW Edition
Published May 2020

Start your review of Nevada Noir : A Trilogy of Short Stories
NILTON TEIXEIRA
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I will give it 3 stars for now, but I think that I need to read it again. It’s very small, anyway, so it does not take too long.
I did not find gripping.
I think that if I have to read a phrase twice in order to grasp its meaning then I think that the author tried too hard to impress.
Yes, I will definitely re-read it, probably later tonight or tomorrow, and, if needed, I will edited this review accordingly.
This is my first book using Kindle Unlimited (I’m on a 3 months trial at $0.99, starting
David Liscio
Three intriguing stories set in the American West. The author, with a keen sense of detail, manages to weave a thread until all the tales are connected. And by the end, it's clear this thread is a thick, binding cord that unveils a deeper truth some readers may find disturbing. Well worth the read. Looking fwd to the author's next work. ...more
Novella Bex
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing!

This author needs to make movies! His writing captivated you with so much depth to his characters in such a short page span! The descriptive writing could make an excellent screenplay. The transition from perspective to combined, yet cleverly separated, storyline had me anxious for what was to come! I enjoyed his character development, his geographical plot venue and his skill in making you feel the scene!
LaFrieda Smith
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading one of my favorite genres "Short Stories". Nevada Noir is a collection of 3 short stories that you will not be able to put down. It is such a page turner in the sense that everything that is happening in the stories is connected and leaves you wondering what exciting thing will happen next. The characters are creative and surprising and learn some valuable lessons in each story about getting to that point in the road where they make a decision whether they go this way or ...more
Alex
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book gripped me from start to finish, and I read all three stories in a single setting. The author expertly weaves in the different characters - moving between them so that you're always alert, but never too disjointed that you lose sight of what's going on. The separate stories all come together deftly at the end. ...more
Judy Ferrell
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Greed indeed.

It all starts with greed. David Aerosmith has written three short stories that connect through greed. I found the a fast paced and very good read. An unusual premise.
Gabrielle Olexa
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
When I sat down to read this book, I really didn't know what I was about to stumble into. Short story collections can be hit and miss, and with only three in this one, I was a bit skeptical about the journey I was about to partake in.

Silly me worried for nothing. This little book blew away my expectations.

I did find myself rereading the first page and a half twice, but I think that was me getting used to a new author's voice and finding my bearings. And as soon I wrapped my head around how thi
E.S.
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Money isn’t everything, but unfortunately for a few unlucky souls, it costs them everything. A group of unsuspecting individuals soon become entwined in a mystery revolving around $100K of cash, and with each turn, this cash leads them down the path of wrong. Can any of them escape the lust and greed of wealth? Or will it cause them to meet untimely demises?

In a set of three short stories that are woven together through one common thread, we see how greed leads to death, destruction, and heartbr
D.H. Schleicher
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Arrowsmith’s crafty little trilogy of interconnected short stories “Nevada Noir” brought to mind two films: Wim Wenders’ "Paris, Texas" (mentioned in the middle story) and David Mackensie’s "Hell or High Water" (mentioned by the author as an influence). Like those two films, Arrowsmith’s collection represents a European outsider’s view of the American West. The author uses the British spellings of common words, giving his stunningly atmospheric prose the depth of the exotic.

Characters here
Phil Wilby
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Three great noir stories

I loved this trilogy of intertwined stories.

The writing here is snappy and evocative, dropping you right into the heart of the action. The characters too are well rounded - you find yourself sympathizing with them, rooting for them and feeling the inevitable gut punches with them along the way. This is no mean feat in the short time we spend with them.

The stories flow in and out of each other effortlessly, helping to flesh out the world, giving a feel of something that is
Kate Bretherton
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of three vignettes reminded me of Pulp Fiction: grit and violence, but also emotion and excitement. Each short story not only builds on the one before, but adds its own depth to the trilogy. The first time I read it, I could not wait to turn the page. I got to the end wanting more but then went back to read again: a second reading made me appreciate the complexity of the characters and the sensitive subtlety with which the author manages to bring them to life. Highly recommended.
J.A. Martin
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dark and Compelling

I liked that the stories intersect, and that they were written with a unique blend of regular and image-driven prose. The old man. The ex-cop. The girl and her boyfriend. The missing money. The author narrates in a gritty yet heartfelt way, showing his readers how each story connects with the others. Fans of both Frank Miller and Quentin Tarantino will enjoy this trilogy!
Bedside Book Review
I was completely enthralled by these three short stories. David Arrowsmith has crafted a beautifully tangled web that focuses on the human psyche of greed and despair. What I found most fascinating was what he didn’t write, leaving the reader the space to conjure their own beginning and endings for the stories. Very clever.
Zoe Channing
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My two questions to David Arrowsmith were: 1. Where is the rest of it and 2. Why is this not a novel?
The connections to each character are not predictable and whilst there are only three stories, you can't leave it at just reading one.
I romped through this and was left wanting more, much more.
Can't wait to see what else David Arrowsmith has in store for us!
Karen Inkle
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

My first read of short stories and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The first a basis for the other two to build upon, keeping the thread alive. Well written with vivid descriptions of characters and scenery. Great book.
Ivy Ngeow
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taut, well-written stories with memorable characters. This is a fast-moving collection I read at one go, set in the desert, visceral and atmospheric, each a little noir thriller.
Bonni Jackson
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six degrees of separation ..

as the saying goes, this well put together trilogy weaves a story that intersects the lives of several players. Great story telling!
Frances Evelyn
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read short stories because it takes me longer to get into a story, but these grabbed me from the start. They're vivid, compelling and well-written. Highly recommended. ...more
Gemma
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of these short stories. They are fairly dark and gripping and entwine with each other well. My only problem was I wanted more!!!! I’m looking forward to the next book by this author.
Lucia✍
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection has a nice blend of emotions and action. The stories build up on each other, bringing much to light and making it all very meaningful. Highly recommended!
Jelte
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eloquent and enticing, Arrowsmith creates lives and events that make you wonder what will happen on the next page. The stories breathe loneliness and unfulfilled dreams, that meet each other in a grande setting.
Rich Meyrick
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

A well written, well thought-out trilogy. I couldn't put it down and could have easily read it in one sitting, had time allowed. I particularly enjoyed the way the stories interconnect without trying too hard. Will definitely be grabbing a copy of 'Corona' when it's released.
Booklytical
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted to Booklytical.com

I read all three of these stories in one sitting, although devoured may be a more accurate description. This was a great read, each story was a rollercoaster of a journey that all came together in a gripping and unexpected conclusion.
A.L. Garcia
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These short stories are gritty, very realistic, and mysterious. I also enjoyed the poetic language. I wanted to know what happened next. No spoilers but the stories kind of end on a cliffhanger. I would like to read a sequel.
P.S. Kessell
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lively, engaging characters; descriptive, enjoyable stories; slightly confusing when changing point of view but not enough to impact story
Selina Hood
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this trio of dark tales. The writing is fantastic, my only complaint is I wanted more! Very much looking forward to more from this author!
Beren Money
Linda
Nov 07, 2020
Cole Martyn
Feb 21, 2021
World Mysteries a...: This topic has been closed to new comments. 'Nevada Noir' by David Arrowsmith 2 10 May 20, 2020 05:11AM

• The Many Personalities of Me
  • Once a Man Indulges
  • Carnivorous Cupid
  • If You Remember Me: A Contemporary Fairytale Adventure Novel
  • Oil and Water
  • The Switch
  • Scarlet Ribbons: Two Wild Hearts Caught Between Desire And Betrayal
  • The Twisted Laird (The MacGrough Clan #8)
  • Tidelands (Fairmile #1)
  • Frontier Highlander Vow of Love
  • The Three Electroknights
  • Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1)
  • Move over Shakespeare Tales from the Baron
  • The Forerunner (Vice Versa, #1)
  • The Boss (The Boss, #1)
  • Peripheral Vision: A Supernatural Thriller