Start by marking “The Greyt Escape (Mystic's End Mysteries, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Greyt Escape (Mystic's End Mysteries, #5)

The Greyt Escape

(Mystic's End #5)

A champion greyhound gone.
A sleazy detective out to get her student.
Can Fortuna find the hound before the inept Mystic’s End Police hound an innocent teen straight into prison?

When Mystic's End Racetrack asks Fortuna to paint a portrait of their champion racing greyhound before he's sold and sent off, she doesn't realize the controversy that swirls around the friendly dog.
Kindle Edition
Published September 17th 2020 by Badchen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Greyt Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greyt Escape

Start your review of The Greyt Escape (Mystic's End Mysteries, #5)
Ranko
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another book in the series involving Fortuna (artist, shop owner), Martin (son of a gangster, runs a greyhound race track and other things), Pepper (newspaper reporter, Fortuna's friend), Spike (a ghost), Miss Bessie (the old wise woman) and Jeeves (vampire bodyguard.)

In this volume Fortuna takes Gideon, her adopted Greyhound (who can basically communicate with her telepathically by symbols) to he track where she lets him play with another greyhound. Result: the other greyhound runs away
Pete
Recommends it for: Paranormal Cozy readers
I was somewhat surprised to find that this is book 5 in this very engaging series, now I would normally mark a book like this a maximum of 4 stars as it isn't really a stand-alone book, it is more part of a serial, but it is so enjoyable that I have overlooked this and given it 5 stars.
I really like the set of characters that form the backbone of these books, they are well written, consistent and just quirky enough to make them fun. The other characters that are introduced for each story are wel
Disney14604
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gideon has a new friend!! Hope they get to see more of each other. This new friend, although innocent, is creating a storm of trouble.

What happened to him? Who is his owner? His papers? Just to name a few. While trying to help with all that our heroine is dealing with her abilities, learns a new trick, her and Martin, and what is up with Jeeves. Live her nickname for him!!!

What is Miss Bessie doing?

A lot is happening in this story, need answers and to be ready for next book,then READ this one.

F
Catherine Stratman
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witches, a ghost, a smoking hot vampire, and a murder.

This book has it all! When Fortuna's assistant is arrested for the disappearance of the greyhound that Fortuna is supposed to be painting, something has to be done! The gang is back and ready to help discover the guilty party. A snarky book, a bacon loving greyhound, and a ghost or two or...no spoilers, you're just going to have to read it! Can they find the missing dog, and sort out what happened to his owner? Such a fun series! I can't wait
sharon g. stoddard
Oct 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
The author has lost focus

The objective of this story is to find Fortuna’s mother/family. Find out why she was abandoned on the courthouse steps. But it has become an animal rights platform instead.

She’s been asked for help but in order for her to do so it has to be on her terms. She expects honesty but she isn’t! She doesn’t like Martin’s wealth but she herself acts like a spoiled rich kid.

Can you please get the story back to what it originally was supposed to be about? Help Martin and Gabe as
Myra Ball
A must read

I like that this author allows her characters to do big interesting magic. It's fiction so why not have fun with it. I like that Jeeves and Fortuna teamed up to work together in this book. It created lots of revealing and humorous dialogue. I've thought the series was moving too slow on the series' plot in previous books but this book pushed the series in the right direction. This book definitely had me smiling by the end.
Jodi Sweet
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book with a noble cause added in! Greyhound racing is a horrible thing and what these poor dogs are put through...horrendous! I’m glad this series brings this information to the front of people’s minds.
As for the story, we have ghosts everywhere! Or it just seems like it. Jeeves aka Sparkles (lol) plays a huge part as he and Fortuna team up to solve a murder and a greyhound conspiracy mystery. It’s a fun book with a serious behind the scenes message!
Sylvie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of this series that I have read and I loved it!  Even without having read the previous books, it was easy to follow the story.  It's a really good book.  The story is great and I enjoyed reading it.  I will definitely look at the previous books and can't wait to see what will happen next to Fortuna and her friends.
Jana Gundy
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love love love this series!

I always look forward to another book in this series and I’m never disappointed. Fortuna takes on quite a lot this book and some major revelations happen for Gabe. Still no romance but there was definitely some tension between Fortuna and an unlikely player, it was perfect and I’d love to see that play out!
Angel Ballard
Getting closer to answers
As Martin begins to lose his patience, something sinister happens to place Gideon right in the centre of it all. Then a death occurs that shocks everyone! Can Fortuna solve this new mystery and still stay on top of the continuing mystery of witches trapped in bottles? Loving the series! Highly recommended!
Nadine
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun!!!

Whenever Leeds has a new book out, I pounce on it! Always such fun reads, and this one was no exception. I love Fortuna, and she has a difficult case this time! Interesting, intriguing, entertaining, and enjoyable! If you like paracozies, you really can’t go wrong with this series. Do start with book 1 though, for maximum enjoyment.
Christa Lynn Sapp
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Compelling and Enjoyable

Another fun book in a great series. I look forward to the next installment. Characters are likeable and hate-able, as it should be. Perfect for a relaxing read.
Erin
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable mystery within this series. Fortuna is a well created character and this was a cute mystery for a missing greyhound. Also very glad that even though I haven't read the other books in the series that i didn't feel lost.
Shelly J
So cute

This series is amazing. Must read the first series she has out about the mystic circus first though, st least I thought it made this series better to know her origins. Great read!
Linda  Susan  Buerkett
!loved it. Many stars

Almost forgot what the series was about I had to wait so !omg for the sequel. Alzheimer's sucks but I have it
stephanie huntington
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and entertaining, looking forward to more
Matthew Murray
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Another book that I have read and enjoyed your characters ,humor and the story line are fun and interesting and I am really looking forward to your next book.
Janet Graham
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murders and Dog Kidnappings and A Cozy Paranormal Mystery
The stories in this series just keep getting better. And, yes, I think you do need to read them in order. In this episode, the dirt hits the fan about Greyhound racing, and the profits earned off the dogs. People go missing, people have major life changes and our heroine has to deal with it all. I so enjoy this series and already can't wait for the next book! I received this ARC book for free from the author and this is my honest review.
Sharon Wilson Shook
Sep 28, 2020
S.K.Watson
Sep 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Renovation Spell (A Magical Renovation Mystery Book #2)
  • The Ghost is Clear (Ghost Detective #3)
  • Murder without Mercy (Witches of Keyhole Lake #12)
  • Southern Omens (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #17)
  • A Storm is Brewing (Ivy's Botany Shop #3)
  • Down in Flames (Witches Be Crazy #5)
  • Diamonds and Daggers (Vampire Knitting Club, #11)
  • Cut to the Crone (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Witch Things Come in Threes (Wicked Witches of Pendle Island, #3)
  • Vintage Vampire (Southern Relics Cozy Mysteries Book 4)
  • Witcher Upper (A Magical Renovation Mystery #1)
  • Curse a Brew Streak (A Supernatural Speakeasy Cozy Mystery  #3)
  • Only The Strong (A Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #5)
  • Brewing Up Trouble (Ivy's Botany Shop #1)
  • Caffeinated Calamity (A Two Broomsticks Gas & Grill Witch Cozy Mystery, #2)
  • Brewing the Midnight Oil (Ivy's Botany Shop #2)
  • Down the Hatch (Witches Be Crazy #1)
  • Mirror Magic (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #6)
Leanne Leeds writes sweet, fun, often romantic but always fast-paced paranormal mysteries. She lives in rural Texas with her husband, daughter, and a house full of cats that would sound like Samson if they could talk.

You can also visit her at leanneleeds.com for free stories, to join her newsletter (and be notified of early release giveaways), or to find Leanne on your favorite social media!

Mystic's End (7 books)
  • Mystic Guests (Mystic's End Mysteries, #1)
  • Angel in Demise (Mystic's End Mysteries, #2)
  • Sketchy Charms (Mystic's End Mysteries, #3)
  • The Art of Scrying (Mystic's End Mysteries, #4)
  • Boozehounds and Ball Drops (Mystic's End Mysteries, #6)
  • Scry Harder (Mystic's End Mysteries, #7)

News & Interviews