Start by marking “Just Friends” as Want to Read:
Just Friends

Just Friends

(White Oak #2)

Rebecca Gilbert has big dreams to advance her career as a chef, and men are not a part of those dreams. Recently single, she has sworn off dating to focus on herself.

Then one ill-advised night, things got complicated. Kissing friends is a terrible idea, even if he’s a hot detective.

And that’s the other problem, he asks questions she doesn’t want to answer.

He isn’t who she
Paperback
Published May 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Just Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Friends

Start your review of Just Friends
Jacie Lennon
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was absolutely drawn in to this book from the get-go. The chemistry between Weasel and Rebecca was palpable and kept me entertained and turning pages.

The plot was well done and I really loved the group of friends and their banter. I would definitely recommend you pick up this book! I can't wait to read more from this author.
Boundless Book Reviews
I forgot just how good this author was and exactly how much I enjoyed book 1. Reading this brought it all back, and I was not disappointed. Rebecca moved to White Oak to care for her old man, who has health issues. Four years later, and she is still there. We get her story now. Weasel is a cop at the White Oak Police department and has wanted Rebecca for years now. He wants a relationship, but she thinks its all just a temporary thing. Will they end up together or will one of them make a mistake ...more
Tanya
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She is single again and she wants nothing to do with dating again as she wants to concentrate on her career> He is friends with her now but she is hiding something and he asks questions she does not want to answer. Will they become more than friends? Will he find out her secrets? See if things will change between them

Ashleigh
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
I'm not going to go into detail, no spoilers just read the book if you are even mildly intrigued by the blurb. You'll thank me later!

The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting. Add in drama and passion and you have a good read.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Cheryl Svec
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Friends is a wonderful story that with warm your heart and make you see what a real friend can be.

Rebecca and Weasel have a chemistry that is strong, but trusting is the key.

Enjoy this heart warming story of friends.

S Tomasz
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a good read!

Not what I had expected. It was romance, mystery, suspenseful and sweet.
There was more angst than I like, but it fit in with the story and the friends comradely helped elevate it some what.
The story was great, had a good flow, likable characters and easy humor.
M.B. Saul
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is exactly the kind of story that I love to cozy up with and spend the day submerged in its world. It is a story that I would love to read snuggled next to a fire, or sitting on a porch in the summer…. It evokes such potent emotion, tension, and romance to make it a fun and heartfelt read. And the distinct characters that compose a strong and supportive friend group make this almost nostalgic for me, in the best possible sense.

From the start, I was drawn to Weasel's character. What a
Heather W
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of friendship and love.

This is the first book I have read by Terri Jones and I will be looking for more from this author. The depth of emotion that the author brings to this story is beautiful and enchanting.

The characters, Weasel and Rebecca, are well developed, strong, realistic, and lovable. All it took was just one kiss for Weasel to know that he wanted Rebecca to be so much more than just friends. This is a real feel-good book that makes me smile just thinking about it. I
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
I love reading novels to waste my time and to let go of everything that daily life offers. A story like this confirms this again! A novel that brings you sweet moments but also regularly smiles on your face. The writing style of this writer makes it easy to read the story. The humorous moments bring a smile to your face, the chemistry between Weasel and Rebecca reminded me of the time that I fell in love myself. You can feel the emotions towards the end of the story coming up between the sentenc ...more
Sheila
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca is stuck in Tennessee caring of her sick father but she has dreams of moving to the big city as a chef. As she watches her friends move on with their life and then the towns playboy policeman Weasel kisses her and she knows she needs to keep her distance from him but he has never responded to a kiss like the one he had with Rebecca. Weasel is now out to prove to Rebecca she can trust him with her heart.

Barbara
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by this Author that I have read, and I will be reading more. A well written story with a very good storyline, the story flows smoothly across the pages. This is Culinary chef Rebecca Gilbert and Playboy cop, Weasel/Harlan's story. These two will have so much to get past to get their happy ending. I recommend. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Kimberly
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The is an enjoyable romance read.

Amber
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a full length romance story. It is a friends to lovers romance that is simply sweet. It is well written and has a great storyline.

Angelica Larsson
This book held me captive from the beginning. The storyline is awesome and the characters are all great. I love the chemistry between Weasel and Rebecca.

Kathy  Guilfoyle
added it
Oct 06, 2019
Amy Spangler
Oct 08, 2019

• Deadly Intent (Linked Inc. #1)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • The Chronicles of Clyde: Unafiliated (Alien Alliance Book 3)
  • Mary, Mary, Not So Ordinary (The Adventures of Miss Mary Bennet #1)
  • Mary, Mary, Oh So Contrary (The Adventures of Miss Mary Bennet #2)
  • Mary, Mary, How Extraordinary (The Adventures of Miss Mary Bennet #3)
  • Mayhem at the Minster: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continues... (A Regency Era Above-Stairs/Below-Stairs Mystery Book 1)
  • Daughter of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #1)
  • The Heir and the Spare
  • Tempt Me: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Step Into My Web (Death and Moonlight, #1)
  • Black Coral (Underwater Investigation Unit, #2)
  • Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 3)
  • A Talent for Trouble
  • Mary Bennet and the Shades of Pemberley
  • Mary Bennet and the Beast of Rosings Park (Regency Mage #3)
  • Mary Bennet and the Wickham Artifact (Regency Mage #2)
  • Mary Bennet and the Bingley Codex (Regency Mage #1)

White Oak (2 books)
  • The Homecoming (White Oak #1)