Start by marking “Don't Hex and Drive (Stay a Spell #2)” as Want to Read:
Don't Hex and Drive (Stay a Spell #2)

Don't Hex and Drive

(Stay a Spell #2)

Notoriously bad at peopling, Isadora Savoie spends most of her time in the greenhouse or at the local animal shelter, using her Conduit powers of growth and healing. Content to remain in the background of the Savoie sister shenanigans, she’s reluctantly roped into the mystery of missing neighborhood girls. Now, she’s partnered with a flashy, flirty vampire to find them bef ...more
Published September 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Don't Hex and Drive, please sign up.
Juliette Cross Hi, Sarah. Thank you for your question. Yes, there will be. :)

Start your review of Don't Hex and Drive (Stay a Spell #2)
Kat Valentine
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
VAMPIRES,WITCHES AND VIBRATORS! OH! MY!

Another fabulous story from the amazingly talented storyteller and writer Juliette Cross!!! If you thought hot werewolf Mateo was sexy wait till you meet Isadora's hot new vampire Devraj who not only happens to be a famous bollywood leading man who's sexy with long dark hair and beautiful whiskey warm brown eyes who has the face of a angel,but is one of the most dangerous and powerful of vampires. Devraj is a stygorn a ancient race of vampire with the abili
Aisling Zena
Now Published 8/9/20!

5 stars

Review Now Posted, 16/8/2020

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Juliette Cross saved me with this ARC. I had fallen into a black vortex of bad books due to my own stupid curiosity and boy, did I pay for it. I dove in this book like someone lost in the Sahara stumbling in an oasis. It made for such a welcome change and I've been waiting for it with bated breath since I finished the first one. I loved the effortless worldbuilding in the first book and I loved returning
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
stay a spell juliette cross - Google Search

Don’t Hex and Drive is book two in the Stay a Spell series by Juliette Cross. In this book, we are going to focus on the quietest Savoie sister, Isadora and a very sexy vampire who has his sights set on her.

Isadora Savoie will tell you she’s not a hermit, she’s just introverted. Her sisters are all outgoing, but she prefers to stay in the background, working in her greenhouse, using her flowers and herbs to make healing balms and teas. Isadora and her sisters are witches, all powerful. Isadora i
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Delectable, smooth and charming Indian vampire. Quiet and awkward witch. Sweet, delicious times!

In DON'T HEX AND DRIVE, I witnessed the most unique meet-cute I've ever read. It was hilarious even while I knew that Devraj was going to have to work hard to get any of Isadora's affections. She took in what looked a fine as hell male specimen, his expensive clothes, and his fancy car and summed him up - he must be superficial and materialistic. When she finds out that he was also a famous Bollywood
Juliette Cross
Jul 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW AVAILABLE!

DH&D Teaser1

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series has a whimsical feeling to it. I love that each heroine is a sister form the same family of good witches. If anyone would want to be a witch, it would be what these sisters represent. They use their power for good and you just get that charmed feeling reading about them. I'm really loving the vibe of this series.

I can relate a bit to Isadora. She is a loner and a homebody. She enjoys gardening, dogs and riding her bike around town. She doesn't want to be in the spotlight and is a bit
Carvanz
Oh my gosh! I absolutely LOVED Devraj and Isadora! This couple lit my kindle on fire and kept me turning pages as quickly as possible.

Growing Spring Pansies & Violas | Petitti Garden Centers

Isadora was down to earth, sweet, caring and loyal to those she loved, but she did not want to get involved with the Stygorn who seemed to be everywhere. But as they work together to find a group of missing girls, she decides maybe just a taste of him would be okay. I loved how she hooked Devraj right from the start and inadvertently kept him dangling.

Image may contain: one or more people and drink

Devraj quic
Robin (Bridge Four)
Release Day

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Don’t Hex and Drive is the second book in the Stay A Spell series centered on a witch family in the center of the New Orleans paranormal community.  Each story is about a new family member and love interest.  As such they standalone and can be read on their own, or in order in the series, without many spoilers.

Isado
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

⭐Follow me on Instagram for more edits⭐

Second book in Stay a Spell series, we have Isadora, the conduit of the group and the Stygorn vampire Devraj making team to save the day.

This was a sweet and funny couple. Isadora is the introverted, shy, and the hermit of the sisters. Devraj is her oppsite, famous, charming,an actor and a people's man. He hits her butby mistake with his car, she basically hates him from the start having lots of misconceptions about him, he is intrigued that his char
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Don’t Hex and Drive is book two in the Stay a Spell series by Juliette Cross. It’s a sweet, light-hearted, fun and enjoyable read with a bit of mystery.

For some reason I thought the next story in the Stay a Spell series was going to be about the oldest sister, Jules and the head Vampire in the area, Ruben, but instead we get Isadora Savoie and Devraj Keumar.

Isadore is a conduit, loves plants, and has a little telekinesis. She’s a character I related to. I really liked her. She resonated with m
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

The predecessor to 'Wolf Gone Wild', this was a decent followup to the 'Stay & Spell' series which centers around the next Savoie sister in line, Isadore.

Isadore was far more relatable and due to our similarities, I was able to connect with her a lot more than with Evie. Then we have our vampire Bollywood star, Devraj Kumar (who I picture as Ranveer Singh because I mean… look at him!). He was woo-wee hot! And the diversity, bravo! They were complete opposites in every single wa
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Hero: ★★★★
Heroine: ★★★★
Witty dialogue: ★★★★
Steam: ★★★★

Welcome back to New Orleans and into the Savoie Sisters world. I loved diving back into this series. I have never been to New Orleans, but I feel like Cross captures the magic of the place with an enchanting setting and characters that are deliciously wicked, funny, and oh so addictive!

Don't Hex and Drive is book two in the Stay a Spell series by Juliette Cross, and tells the story of Isadora, one of the
Lorrie (Clockworkbookworm)
4.25 - Devraj, Ruben, Mateo, Nico and the Grim .... Really enough said, but also an incredible family and amazing sisters. We see more of the crazy and complex Savoie family and meet new characters in Don't Hex and Drive. I can't wait for book 3, Witches Get Stitches, which is Violet and Nico's story (Expected Summer 2021). I had hoped for Jules and Ruben's story, but I am thinking that will be last, keeping us in suspense.

Favorite quotes/lines... (Not spoiling)

He blinked. And blinked again. Did
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
A witch and a vampire meet when his car hits her on her bicycle resulting in a wonderfully tension filled chase and smooch worthy chemistry...

Isadora was super sweet, quiet, and quite generous with her time and gifts even though she flies under the radar. Yet she wasn’t a pushover and could be really stubborn, giving Devraj an unintentionally difficult time as he pursued her.

Devraj was well-rounded and perfect book boyfriend material leaving me hard pressed to find something I didn’t like about
Lori R.
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DEVRAJ!! Holy hot Stygorn!

Juliette Cross has done it again.
She WOWed me. And then made me fall even more in love with her and her writing. She has just made a spot for herself on my list of Rock Star Authors and will now be an automatic 1-click for me.

HER WORDS ARE MAGIC.

And I’m not just saying that because this book is about beautiful witches and their witchcraft and vampires and their powers. It’s because she pulled me in and then under with her words and with a story so captivating, I didn’t
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
"Also, if you haven’t guessed it, Violet and Nico’s romance is up next! Stay tuned for book 3 in the STAY A SPELL series. WITCHES GET STITCHES is coming Summer 2021."

Oh gosh!!! IDK if I can wait that long 😱

(Something to entice you between now and whenever I get a chance to write a review)

Finnie stepped up to the mic and said with his deep voice, “Uhhh, I lost a bet.”

[...]

“So,” said Finnie, very awkwardly. “Here it goes.” Then his mouth tipped up into that signature cute Finnie smile and he said.
Liber_Lady
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This is the second book of Stay a Spell series. After reading and loving the first book, my expectations for this one were sky-high. Moreover, the main character here was of Indian origin and that is a definite plus point.

Isadora: She was an introvert, loved to nurture her plants, Play with dogs and in general, provide care and magical energy to those dear to her. She is a giver. However, being in her mind was a little tiring
Cynema
JUST SINK YOUR FANGS INTO THIS MAGICAL ROMANCE BETWEEN A CHARMING VAMPIRE AND A SHY WITCH

“What did I expect from a vampire? An old one, at that. His magic hummed the air, tinged with power and control and the trait I hated most about his kind: Seduction.”

A charismatic vampire and a shy witch with a green thumb make magic
in this 2nd book in the Stay A Spell series. Romance crackles, wary hearts come out to play, and supernaturals in human form bewitched me at every turn. The previous book -- Wo
Avani Shah
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don't Hex and Drive is the second book in the series Stay a Spell by Juliette Cross. It is a paranormal, urban fantasy romance novel which focuses on witches, vampires and werewolf's. This particular book is a romance between a witch and a vampire.

Isadora Savoie, a conduit witch who spends most of her time in her bookstore or greenhouse amongst her plants. She loves animals and is slightly less powerful than her sisters, but little did she know, her powers are also equally important.

Devraj Kumar
Kahea
***5 ‘Arugula’ Stars***

I have to say, if I hadn’t already been making grabby hands at this book, the opening line of the description would have hooked me because I totally get being bad at peopling ~ most will say I’m not, but sometimes peopling doesn’t go all that well ~ and I thoroughly enjoyed adorable awkwardness of Isadora as she collided with the charming and determined Devraj, as well as all the hijinks that always seems to surround the Savoie sisters and anyone who happens to find th
Somia
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Kickass vampire and Bollywood heartthrob Devraj Keumar and powerful witch Isadore Savoie make a cute match.

I would have liked more background/worldbuilding when it came to the vampires, for me it was lacking. I was expecting some hexes in this given the title, but nope none manifested, despite this overall a nice enough one time read. This book is fairly soft in tone.

Still curious about the history between Ruben and Jules.

This can be easily read as a standalone.

Acquired via KU.
Carol
5 stars.
Review coming soon.
I "bloody" loved this one!!!!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars

Let me introduce you to my all new favorite vampire Devraj Kumar:

✦ Sexy Indian Bollywood movie star
✦ Super powerful elite vampire possessing extremely special skills
✦ A world traveler
✦ He rocks his hair in a sexy man bun or hanging down around his shoulders
✦ A talented cook who cares about animals and loves his mother
✦ A master of seduction and a giver in the bedroom

Seriously if you don't fall for him I'm not sure we can be friends. He was the perfect match for shy, plant loving, introv
Marta Cox
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series about a family of Witches living in New Orleans is such fun to read and the author definitely upped the ante with this frequently hilarious book.
Isadore has healing magic, adores nature and plants, secretly harbours the desire to own a dog and definitely hates getting into cars ! So getting knocked of her bicycle by a seriously hot Vampire just wasn’t in her to do list . Things get worse quickly though because he’s rented the house next door, seems to have charmed his way into her s
Dani Edgin
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it
An introverted (not hermit, don’t use that word!) witch bumps into a vampire warrior trying to track down a few of his kind who are abducting girls. Devraj reluctantly ropes Isadora into his investigation and sparks fly between the two.

Didn’t even realize this was a series until I looked a little further on goodreads, but such a cute book. Gotta catch up on the first one & cannot wait for more!
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Don't Hex and Drive is the second book in the Stay a Spell series and it can easily be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed both Wolf Gone Wild and Don't Hex and Drive, so I recommend both books.

When it comes to vampires, the media usually feeds us the pale white skinned kind—especially since the rise of Twilight. In Don't Hex and Drive, Juliette Cross defies the norm and gives us a BROWN-SKINNED INDIAN VAMPIRE. And she does it
Hayley Knowles
Standalone or Series:Series #2
Published Date:8th September 2020
Star Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steam Rating:🌶🌶🌶

The second book in Stay a Spell Series featuring the love lives of the Savoie Sisters and their happy ever afters.

This was such a captivating paranormal romance - with the perfect blend or urban fantasy (my favourite kind of book)!

This story follows the witch Isadora and the vampire Devraj.

At first I was a little frus
Leanne | Read Sweetly to Me
{Many thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.}

I didn't love this one as much as the first but it was still a lot of fun and I'll definitely keep reading about these brilliant witchy sisters. These books are just so different to a lot of other paranormals out there, there's so much genuinely funny and entertaining about this series, they're such addictive reading.

I'll admit I didn't hit it off Isadora straight away. Mainly because I drive home at night
Mary Kirkland
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Devraj is a special kind of vampire so he gets called in to help on cases involving vampires from time to time. He's in Isadora's town for one such case and because Isadora is a witch she is also pulled in to help.

Isadora and her sisters are witches, each with their own gifts. Isadora is shy and doesn't date much. But she has a huge heart and is a really likable person.

When Isadora is riding her bike back home and gets hit by a car, it's Devraj that hits her and feels really bad about it. He t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Convenient Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love, #1)
  • If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)
  • His Dangerous Bride (The Brides of Paradise Ranch, #2)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • The Duke's Tattoo (Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Bargain Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love, #4)
  • When a Girl Loves an Earl (Rescued from Ruin, #5)
  • The Wager (The Bet, #2)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • His Virgin Heiress
  • His Tiger Queen
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • A Touch of Stone and Snow (A Gathering of Dragons, #2)
  • The Wrong Mr. Darcy
  • One to Watch
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching her f ...more

Stay a Spell (2 books)
  • Wolf Gone Wild  (Stay a Spell #1)

News & Interviews

“Believe it or not, I didn’t plan to hit a witch with my car today.” He shifted the gear stick into first and accelerated down the street. “It was on the agenda for tomorrow.” 3 likes
“This woman.