Start by marking “Bridgerton Collection, Volume One (Bridgertons #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Bridgerton Collection, Volume One (Bridgertons #1-3)

Bridgerton Collection, Volume One

(Bridgertons #1-3)

The first three Bridgerton books all in one e-book volume! Includes The Duke and I, The Viscount Who Loved Me, and An Offer From a Gentleman.

Set between 1813 and 1827, the Bridgerton Series is a collection of eight novels, each featuring one of the eight children of the late Viscount Bridgerton. The Bridgertons are currently being developed as a Shondaland series for Netfl
Published May 26th 2020 by Avon

Start your review of Bridgerton Collection, Volume One (Bridgertons #1-3)
Julie Giese
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Books were formulaic a bit, but enjoyable. I can see where Shonda Rhimes will be able to flesh this out into a good show.
Morgan
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I thoroughly enjoyed the first three books in the Bridgerton series. I read these after watching the show, which I actually would recommend. For the first few chapters, I thought to compare the book to the series, but it quickly became apparent that it was best to separate the two and enjoy both. However, I will say that I enjoyed the book slightly more because the characters were developed better. Daphne was more interesting and individualistic than in the show. Additionally, because each Bridg ...more
Lorie
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
A fun re-read!
Viccy
Jan 04, 2021 rated it liked it
If one measures Regency romances on a scale of Georgette Heyer to Barbara Cartland, these three books fall near the middle. Heyer's comedy of manners and witty dialog cannot be matched, but Quinn does make an effort. This collection contains the first three in the Bridgerton series: The Duke and I; The Viscount who Loved Me, and An Offer from a Gentleman, following the exploits of three of the eight Bridgerton siblings: Anthony, the oldest; Benedict, or as he is known #2, and Daphne, who is the ...more
Michelle
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sophie and Benedict were my favorite but they were all good.
Maryam Nisa
Jan 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Review pending
Kelsey Taylor
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Obsessed. Started reading before I started the show, I enjoy the books more.
Kiara Stark Torquil
IL DUCA ED IO
Ho letto il primo romanzo della saga, con il tempo li recupererò tutti. Amo la Quinn come scrittrice, sempre divertente , ma non avevo letto ancora quella che è la sua saga must.
Bene, visto che a breve c'è in programma la serie tratta dalla saga ho pensato di recuperarli, almeno i primi, poi col tempo tutti gli altri.
Il Duca ed io è davvero troppo carino, il romance perfetto!Ho adorato tutto di questo libro, dai personaggi alla storia. I dialoghi divertenti e frizzanti, i battibecch
Katie Pfahler
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

*12/23/20*

An Offer From a Gentleman

This story was definitely very compelling and also quite a bit different from the first two in the series. I liked that it dealt with a romance not set within the aristocracy (though the Bridgerton's are well respected/highborn members of society with nice things and such). I also liked that it dealt with some issues of class, but I still didn't necessarily like that Benedict wouldn't totally accept that Sophie wouldn't be his mistress until the end. He doe

elizabeth clark
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
watched the series and i was like, i HAVE to read the book!

i’m pretty adamant about separating books and movies - i really try not to compare them to each other ... i LOVED the show, and i LOVED the books, and i feel there are enough differences between the book and the show to make each interesting in its own way.

there are things i like better about each of them ... specifically, what i enjoyed more in the books was that there was a lot more snappy dialogue between the characters - i really got
Monica
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I already wrote a review for the Duke and I (I think) so this is for the other two.

The Viscount Who Loved Me
Is everyone in this series going to be forced into marriage?? I was a little disappointed that this book followed the same path as the Duke and I in that regard. Otherwise it was a good story - the Pall Mall game was hilarious and more of what we come to the book for - the relationships between the Bridgerton's. They are an aristocratic family who love each other, enjoy being together and
Melissa Hale
I believe I've read some of these a long time ago, but didn't remember details. After watching the Netflix series, I decided to read them again. I enjoy the characters, and want to know what happens to them. The Lady Whistledown mystery is the best part of the books. However, it's hard to get over the problematic elements of the Regency romance genre in general, mainly that the huge power imbalances between the young girls on the marriage mart who are kept completely and absolutely ignorant, and ...more
klmt
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
the duke and i - cute fake dating, not cute marital rape

the viscount who loved me - masterful. begins with enemies to lovers, develops into ultimate wife guy fantasy. anthony continually moving the goal posts on what counts as "risk of falling in love" had me laughing out loud. "he wanted to see what kate was up to" LOST, GONE, SWEPT AWAY IN THE SEA, ultimate wife guy.

an offer from a gentleman - if you choose to buy in, it's a cute, sweet time. i had a hard time enjoying myself with the stark di
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
Julia Quinn novels are a mixed bag for me (I've rated them anywhere from 2 to 5 stars) but I've wanted to read this series for a while. The thing is, my library didn't have them in ebook form (the only thing I really read) and I wasn't willing to pay the $7 or so for each novel. Anyway, now that Bridgerton is a Netflix series, the library was willing to take my suggestion and purchase them. YAY!

#1. The Duke and I - 5 stars. Brilliant.

#2. The Viscount Who Loved Me - 4 stars. Not quite as brillian
CeeMarie
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read this series years ago when they first came out and I wanted to reread after watching the Netflix show based on the first one, The Duke and I. I loved them years ago, when I was going through my historical romance phase. And I still find them soooo good for the genre. I have read so many historical romances and Julia Quinn really is top of the genre, IMO. She really created an interesting and fun family in The Bridgertons. Not to mention, they are very fun, oftentimes sweet and emotional a ...more
Steph
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Three books in one volume makes it a little tricky to rate so going with 4 as an average. Like many folks I watched the Netflix series and decided to check out the books. I think the show has a little more depth and fleshed out characters but the books are still a lot of fun. I particularly like the humour and the family teases each other. My only real complaint with the 3 in 1 volume is that it includes additional epilogues set much further in the future that then to spoil the later books in th ...more
April
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Strong Women and Romance

I read these books after I'd watched the Netflix series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and Daphne and Simon's story. I lived all if the characters and chuckled at dialogue making it enjoyable . I truly lived the story.if Anthony and Kate and found myself laughing out loud several times. I love Kate as a character for sure. The third book was my least favorite of the three with a Cinderella beginning and so much repetition. I do live that the female characters are al
Paige Scheidler
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
The books were fun, but the Netflix series is much better! I say that the series is better only because it brings the family together in an ensemble cast as the books focus only on one Bridgerton family member and the other characters are hardly anywhere to be found.

The books definitely have a hallmark formula to them: boy meets girl, they fall in love, there is a misunderstanding, they work it out and live happily ever after. It is still a fun read with many humorous moments.
Anna
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Of all three books, book 2 is by far my favorite. I found it to be the funniest. I did not however like book 3 and it proved quite a pain to read through. Maybe because it resembles too much a Cinderella story and I’m not a Disney princess stan or maybe there was just too much turning around to my liking.
The books are enjoyable nonetheless and you grow to live the Bridgertons, special mention for Violet!
Janet B
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
After watching the Netflix series, these books were a bit of a let down. The book and the series were very different (I had hoped for deeper info about the characters, but was disappointed). These were lighter fare. The third book in this collection is basically a Cinderella story with the Bridgertons. Sadly, these books are too light and fluffy for me. But Netflix did a great job of enriching the story.
Adinda Proehoeman
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Eventhough.. mau contain spoilers

Eventhough book 1 and 2 is quite similar in the plot.
And book 3 is like Cinderella ..
Still it was quite a entertaining read.
Just wished the 2nd epilogue doesn't open up too much on the other siblings stories that we haven't read. Example we know who Collin end up with. And If you seen the series.. the original story is kinda different.. so it's worth the read.
Dorothy L.
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Devoured these three books between January 3 a d January 7... maybe it was just a great escape from current events 😉 but I find Ms. Quinn’s writing so compelling that I stay up until 3 am just to find out what happens. Well, don’t get me wrong - you pretty much know how it’s going to end, but the journey is SO entertaining - filled with drama and humor - you just have to read on! The epilogue(s) are also VERY satisfying. Definitely moving on to book 4 (after I get some sleep!!)
Kristie Kerr
Jan 13, 2021 rated it liked it
I really liked the characters. They have flaws but are likable. I loved how all her older brothers were so protective. Her mom is really clever and I love how the author has the gossip column sharing information. But this book was a bit racey for me. I don’t mind knowing characters hooked up, but I don’t want detailed pages of them having sex. I skipped through them. But if that’s your cup of tea than you are going to love this regency series.
Scilla D'Angeli
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenn
Jan 06, 2021 rated it liked it
There is a lot to like about the first three Bridgerton books but overall it is a bit repetitive in the storyline from book to book. It has the echo of Pride and Prejudice romance but comes closer to the stylistic writing of modern erotica romance novels. Worth a read if you enjoy this style but falls a little short of being a truly unique read.
Rachel
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Duke and I: 3.5 stars
The Viscount Who Loved Me: 3.75 stars
An Offer From a Gentleman: 4 stars

The characters get better - both the main and supporting ones - as the series progresses. I really enjoy the Bridgerton family scenes the best, and we get fairly few of those in the first book. I can't wait for book 4 and Colin/Penelope!
Susan Sieger
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read!

I really enjoyed rereading these stories about the Bridgerton's. It's been a few years since I read these and decided I wanted to after watching The Duke and I on Netflix. It made me fall in love with these characters. I love Julia Quinn as an author, her books rock! I highly recommend this set! 👍👍👍👍❤❤❤❤
Jane
Tons of fun

I have loved these books (1, 2 and 3). I love the family camaraderie, the principled and quick-witted characters and the twists of fate. The stories carry me along and I finish them smiling. They are also memorable, which I consider high praise, especially for a romance novel.
Jennifer Illner
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Cinderella story

I had to get past the initial shock of the old tale. Then it became a beautiful love story. He had got terribly sick and needed help. She was the only person around to help. It was natural to develop true feelings and believe the story.
Eleonora
Un libro al giorno, davvero una lettura piacevole.
Il duca e io - 4 stelle. La serie Netflix è ovviamente il motivo per cui mi sono avvicinata alla saga, soprattutto per Shonda. Mi sono soffermata principalmente sulla poco conoscenza forzata dell'educazione sessuale del tempo.
Il visconte che mi amava - 4 stelle. Divertente, a tratti accattivante. Anthony è il classico fratello maggiore, forse un po' stereotipato ma la sua storia mi è piaciuta.
La proposta di un gentiluomo - 4 stelle. Sono in ven

• Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2)
  • Brown-Eyed Girl (Travises, #4)
  • Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)
  • Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Lightning Bay (Friday Harbor)
  • Crystal Cove (Friday Harbor, #4)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)
  • Friday Harbor Series (Friday Harbor, #1-4)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Men (Dirty Duet, #1)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • Ho sposato un maschilista
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2)
  • Priest (Priest, #1)
  • L'attesa (This Man #3.4)
  • Matrimonio Imposto
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, an ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)