Start by marking “Save Her Soul (Detective Josie Quinn, #9)” as Want to Read:
Save Her Soul (Detective Josie Quinn, #9)

Save Her Soul

(Detective Josie Quinn #9)

Josie flinches as she takes in the faded blue sports jacket wrapped around the girl they just pulled from the water. Josie knew someone who’d once owned that jacket. He had died in her arms five years ago.

Heavy rain pours on the small town of Denton causing the riverbanks to break and the body of a young girl to float quietly to the surface. With no crime scene to examine,
Published August 12th 2020 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Save Her Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save Her Soul

Start your review of Save Her Soul (Detective Josie Quinn, #9)
Debra
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Josie Quinn is back fighting crime in a drenched Denton, as the waters rise and the flooding continues, a body is discovered floating by a rescue boat when a house gives way. Naturally, Josie jumps into action and begins the investigation. The body has ties to Josie's past and the story is told through the current day investigation and through flashbacks to Josie's past.

All the supporting characters play their part and there continues to be character development and action. What I wanted more o
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: As she put Gretchen's phone into her pocket, she heard a siren in the distance. Her heart leapt at the thought that backup was so close, but then she realized it was just the fire company's emergency siren. The river was about to ravage the city again, and Josie and Gretchen were in it's maw, being shot at while trying to keep a wounded woman alive.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Heavy rain pours on the small town of Denton causing the riverbanks to break and the body of a young girl to float quietly
Brenda ~Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
WooHoo, another fantastic addition to one of my favourite series and characters. I love Josie even more after each book and there are nine now. They just keep getting better and better!

Lisa Regan blows me away with each book with how Josie develops with each one. I love all the characters, and with each book, we see Josie grow and her relationships with the characters. I love all the characters and look forward to seeing them in each book.

The story starts off exciting and tense here as Josie is
Berit☀️✨
Lisa Regan is the queen of crime thrillers! Josie Quinn is back in the ninth installment of this stellar series. Each book in the series is bursting with tension, atmosphere, brilliant storytelling, fascinating characters, twists, turns, and thrills. This book kicks off with Josie and Gretchen involved in a water rescue. Denton is in the midst of epic rain storms and the city is rapidly flooding. This really offered the perfect ominous atmospheric setting for this mystery. While in the middle of ...more
Brenda
The small town of Denton had been inundated by heavy rain; days it had been raining and riverbanks had broken while areas were being evacuated. The rescue teams were spread thin, so Detective Josie Quinn and her partner, Detective Gretchen Palmer were currently on a rescue boat on the way to flooded houses. Mrs Bassett’s home was engulfed and with sheer grit and determination, Josie rescued her as she was swept away. But it was what Josie and Gretchen saw as Mrs Bassett’s house began to float th ...more
Erth
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Josie Quinn is back! Again, she's literally caught in a flood and rescuing a body that 's been dislodged from a home in the river. From that point on, she finds herself immersed in a cold case that has her stumped as far as who did what! Also, it's a great idea to begin with Book 1 in order to meet Josie Quinn and see why she's arrived at this point. Many of her demons are still in her, but now they are starting to resurface. It's a fast paced thriller, full of action and many characters.

Lisa Re
Monnie
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detective Josie Quinn is back (well actually, I guess she never left), and she's in fighting form. This time, besides her usual murder-solving prowess, she and her police colleagues are dealing with the weather: heavy rains have flooded much of small-town Denton, Pennsylvania, rendering some spots virtually inaccessible and putting investigations on a slippery slope.

After Josie and her partner Gretchen Palmer save an elderly woman whose home - and her - are about to be swept away by the raging c
DeAnn
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
4 flooding stars

This is #9 in the installment of the Josie Quinn series and somehow author Lisa Regan finds new and interesting storylines. This time there are floodwaters threatening Denton and this makes a great backdrop for several crime scenes. There are a few dramatic water rescues and the flooding also unearths a long-buried body. Josie’s murder investigation hits close to home.

This book features quite a few flashback scenes to Josie’s high school days and her romance with then-boyfriend R
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Wow, Lisa Regan has outdone herself this time! I am a massive fan of this authors books, especially the Josie Quinn series. Hard to believe that we are up to book 9 already - and I have to say that I think that this one of the best of the whole series. It opens with chapters worthy of an action film and I was holding my breath as it all unfolded. I feel this is a series best read in order, Josie and the characters have quite a complex past to understand. She is a character that I will never hesi ...more
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
This is another excellent instalment in Lisa Regan’s Detective Josie Quinn series. As the book opens, Denton is being inundated by a flood of biblical proportions. Police and SAR officers are rescuing people from flooded homes. Josie and Detective Gretchen Palmer just manage to get an old woman aboard their boat before the house collapses when a body shaped package wrapped in a blue tarp seems to pop out from under where the basement was.

The body is soon identified as Beverley Urban who was in J
Lou
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Save Her Soul is the ninth instalment in the Detective Josie Quinn series, set in Denton, Pennsylvania. Historic flooding in Detective Quinn's hometown exposes a decades-old murder and a killer who will do anything to keep such deadly secrets buried. Denton is in a state of emergency due to some of the worst flooding ever experienced in the area and the stormy weather is causing chaos for residents. Josie and Detective Gretchen Palmer are attempting a daring rescue mission after Mrs Evelyn Basse ...more
Mick Dubois
We’re in Denton, Central Pennsylvania. When severe rainfall causes the whole town and surrounding county to be flooded, the police have to help with evacuating those people left behind because they couldn’t self-evacuate. At the same time, there’s political unrest because the mayor and her opponent divert crucial emergency flood material to their own neighbourhood. The mayor hires a press liaison officer to deal with journalists but the other police officers consider her to be a spy for the mayo ...more
Linda Strong
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Detective Josie Quinn and her team are called to investigate when a woman's body is seen floating in the flood waters of their small town. Seems she was buried under one of the houses and when the house broke apart, her body floated to the surface.

Fortunately the woman's body is perfectly preserved.... she's even wearing a special leather jacket ... one that belonged to her ex-husband. But he's been dead 5 years so how did this woman wind up with it?

Josie identifies the girl as Beverly Urban, bo
Shalini
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!! What a book. Author Lisa Regan put me and the main character, Josie Quinn, through a wringer of a story. Not only did murders pepper the book, there was torrential rain and floods along with memories of the past that Josie had to battle through. And boy, was she a survivor. So damn proud of this girl.

In the flooded river, on a rescue, Josie found a house giving way and something floating. A dead body wrapped in tarp and wearing her dead ex-husband’s jacket.

A shock reverberated through he
Vanessa Menezes
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Even though I haven't read the other books in this series, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be going back to read all the previous books!

When heavy rain pours on the small town of Denton causing the riverbanks to break , a suspicious-looking blue tarp floats quietly to the surface. Detective Josie knows there has to be a body wrapped inside the tarp from the size and shape.

Despite all warnings she dives back into the water and secures the body, only to be shocked. She flinches as she tak
Kat Dietrich

Save Her Soul by Lisa Regan
is the ninth in the Detective Josie Quinn series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background: (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Once Acting Chief of Police, Josie Quinn is now doing what she is best suited for. She’s back to being a detective and happy. Her team consists of Detective Noah Fraley
Robin Loves Reading
Flooding is rampant in Josie Quinn's town. She spies a tarp and is sure there is a body underneath it. Risking life and limb, she struggles to grab it despite the sudden danger facing her. It is a body and Josie is utterly shocked when a jacket wrapped around the body of a girl is a jacket she knows quite well - it is the jacket of her dead ex-husband Ray. Either that or it is way too similar.

While rain and flooding show no signs of letting up, Jodie digs into the apparent murder. Josie is force
Ixxati
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Josie has a complicated past. I loved the connection between Ray and Josie. But I feel bad for Noah because it was like he live in Ray's shadow. Ohhh I forgot to mention that Ray is dead and now Josie date her co-worker Noah who were too good to be true lol

Btw I loved Gretchen, Josie partner. They works well together. I loved them both when they are in action and the way they supported each other.

I keep guessing who the killer was but dang there are a lot of twists and I keep changing my theory
Maranda
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the ninth novel in the Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan. Josie has had a sorted past and is surrounded by a multitude of friends. This being said please be smart and read this series from the beginning as I do not feel these are stand alone stories. Save her Soul is still dealing with Josie's past and her current life as a police detective. A flood has overtaken the community and a body floats into Josie's reach during a rescue of an elderly town folk. Many events fill the pages that wil ...more
Bridget
Save Her Soul is the ninth instalment of the Detective Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan.

There are floodwaters threatening Denton, Central Pennsylvania and this makes a great backdrop for several crime scenes within the story. As Denton police department help the city's other emergency services with the evacuation, detectives Josie Quinn and Gretchen Palmer rescue an elderly woman, during which Josie spies a body floating out of the basement of her wrecked house. The body is a young woman who’s
Elaine
Rating 4.5/5*

This is the ninth book in this series but I suspect it would still be a brilliant read for anyone who enjoys murder mysteries with a police officer as the leading character, even if you haven't read the other eight books. The police officer is Detective Josie Quinn and she's not someone to be constrained by expectations or rules. When Denton, the town where she lives and works, is flooded, Josie is out there on the rescue boats. However, she never expected to have to swim in the fas
Judy Odom
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No question about it ; a well deserved 5 star read !

I love the Josie Quinn series and Book 9 is just as good if not better than 1 - 8.

I am tired after all the action that Josie , Gretchen, Noah and her team go through to catch who killed Beverly over 16 years ago. The town all thought she and her mum had just moved on one day.

Lisa Regan always throws a few curve balls at the reader , twists and turn and there is always a new aspect of Josie's life that we learn right along with her.

I am in lin
Jean
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, bookouture
Save Her Soul is the 9th book in the Detective Josie Quinn series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. I had read the previous books but sometimes I get my series mixed together with others. The author did a wonderful job detailing the backstory. This book is a well written, fast-paced, page-turner with a shocking ending that I did not see coming. I loved it. I definitely recommend this series and can't wait to read more.

Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and Lisa Regan for a copy of "Save Her
Jim
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Heavy rains have brought massive flooding to Denton, PA. Even members of the police department are joining the Emergency Services Department on the rescue boats. In one boat Josie and her partner, Detective Gretchen Palmer, are heading to a house where an elderly woman is trapped and in danger of being swept away by the flood waters. They save Mrs Bassett moments before the house is swept off it's foundation by the raging flood waters. Then Josie sees a bundle wrapped in blue tarp. She knows tha ...more
Zoé-lee O'farrell
By far this one is my favourite book in the series. I mean how can I not love a book which shows us an insight to Josie as a teenager. This is a hard case because it brings back a lot of memories for her. It also makes her doubt her past and I found that hard for Josie.

Denton is in trouble. It’s being flooded and a lot of the town is being submerged underwater. Josie and her team are on water rescue where Josie discovers a body floating in the water wrapped up in a tarp. The problem is the body
Elaine Tomasso
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Save Her Soul, the ninth novel to feature Detective Josie Quinn of the Denton, Pennsylvania Police Department.

Denton is flooded and the storm is wreaking havoc when a body wrapped in a tarpaulin floats to the surface. Although the remains are well preserved Josie doesn’t recognise the female victim but she certainly recognises the jacket she’s wearing as it belonged to her high school sweetheart and former husband, Ray Quinn.
Julie Jacobs
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As always Lisa Regan does it again... love this one.. cant wait for the next one in the series...
Katie Mettner
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Josie Quinn is a bada** and so is Lisa Regan! When book 9 opens, Josie is thrown into the action immediately, and quite literally! While floodwaters are taking over Denton, it's all hands on deck, including the detectives that are usually too busy solving murders. Josie has one chance to save an elderly woman in the water, but it's what she sees after the rescue that has her jumping back into the churning water to save. A blue tarp. Josie and Gretchen are convinced it's a body. The rescue boat d ...more
Dana Mason
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Um… wow! where to start... where to start. Okay… let’s start with the 10 great things you know you can always count on in a Detective Josie Quinn novel: (and, yes, I’m going to try this without spoiling anything)
1. Lisa Regan’s writing is superb
2. Your heart will race, jump, sink and cry more than once while reading
3. Noah is mouthwatering… and very sweet (you have to love him for the way he loves Josie)
4. Gretchen is cool
5. Working in the same town you grew up in has its advantages and disadvan
Nancy Thompson
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent Josie Quinn novel by author Lisa Regan. But this one is a bit different. Sure, it has all the mystery and everything suspense readers crave and enjoy in their reads, but after 8 previous cases and a whole lotta tragic backstory for Josie, we're starting to see some cracks in her ever-tough veneer.

Despite a horrific childhood and other cases that have personally touched Josie, this one gets under her skin more than any other, and she's feeling it in a deeply emotional way. She

• Eye for Eye (Talion #1)
  • Don't Ever Forget (Adler and Dwyer, #1)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)
  • I See You  (Criminal Profiler #4)
  • Interference
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Shadows in Death (In Death, #51)
  • Playing Nice
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Invisible Girl
  • Her Shallow Grave (Detectives Kane and Alton, #9)
  • Promises in the Dark (Detectives Kane and Alton, #10)
  • Still Life (Inspector Karen Pirie #6)
  • The Night Swim
  • The Nothing Man
  • The Good Sister
  • The Suicide House (Rory Moore/Lane Phillips, #2)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
See top shelves…
Lisa Regan is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Detective Josie Quinn series as well as several other crime fiction titles. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She is a member of Sisters In Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Crime Writers’ Association, and International Thriller Writers. She lives in Philadel ...more

Detective Josie Quinn (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Mother's Grave (Detective Josie Quinn, #3)
  • Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn, #4)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn, #5)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn, #6)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn, #7)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn, #8)
  • Breathe Your Last (Detective Josie Quinn, #10)
  • Hush Little Girl (Detective Josie Quinn, #11)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...