Start by marking “Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)

Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers #1)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  228 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
After the near genocide of his race, Teague Johnson now spends his life hiding in plain sight. In a city populated by humans and nightfeeders alike, he and his brother are forced to cloak themselves in forged histories in order to blend in among the hierarchy of society. When he's not working at Oasis, the sex club he and his brother own, Teague keeps to himself. He relies ...more
Published June 17th 2008 by Loose Id (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Lies

DW
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
4 Stars for Teague and Kyle!

photo D85A72CE-BB1E-4EBC-8874-D34CE3BDCD65_zpsspjegptz.gif

When I found this on Amazon for FREE, I was super excited because I love paranormal books and I also like two hot men getting it on!!!!

photo 2A2C080A-D5F5-4964-9A47-2CAE1DD67FEA_zps3boid56r.gif

The story itself was a bit on the boring side for me. I found myself skipping through to get to the sexy times. Let me just say that sexy times with Teague and Kyle were smoking hot. These two sexy guys know how to get it done!

photo D0F693D9-E60A-424D-9FD7-EE213B240136_zpsf5ylwk5i.gif

Teague is an original daywalker vampire. He and his brother Cadge live among humans and run a sex/night clu
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Dec 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, 2009, m-m
4.5 stars, but I bumped it to 5 because I don't think this book is getting the attention it deserves. Why was I the first to add this to the Best Gay Vampires listopia?!

My only complaint about this book is that it wasn't longer. This is the kind of great m/m e-book with good characters, good mythology and good story that would make an awesome full length paperback series and only isn't because it's m/m. I wish Amanda would flesh this out and make it 300 pages.

I read a lot of m/m, and like it a
Elisa Rolle
Here a book which is a good mix between paranormal suspense and light comedy. Blinking an eye to the Dark Hunters of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Amanda Young tells us a vampire story introducing two vampire breeds, the Daywalkers and the Nighfeeders.

The Daywalkers are the original ones, men born vampires, almost immortal, who are a lot stronger than normal vampires. But if they "infect" a simple human, they produce a Nightfeeder, a lesser vampire weaker than them and with all a sort of allergies, like tha
Mary
Mar 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoy falling into a story and forgetting about the real world until it's over. I stayed up late to finish and now must read the next book.
Issa
2.75 stars. Teague and his brother Cadge are the last of the Daywalkers. Hiding to avoid the executions that killed the rest of their kind, they own a club frequented by humans and Nightfeeders. Nightfeeders are made by the Daywalkers from humans but are not as strong and have allergies to sun and silver among other things.

Teague has his eye on the human Kyle, someone he hooks up with at the club but offers nothing more than sex. Kyle wants more and tries to break off from Teague but Teague can
Ami
Mar 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think, this is for the first time after reading so many M/M books where I think the paranormal world turns to be interesting as a separate world, much like the M/F paranormal romance/urban fantasy. Here, Ms. Young creates the world of Daywalkers (pure breed) and Nightfeeders (or known as Vampires, created by the Daywalkers) and the intrigue arounds it.

Teague (and his brother Cadge) were the last Daywalkers alive -- after his breed has been mass-murdered. He runs a sex club and poses as Nightf
S.L.
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Pros: The characters were solid. You believed they were real. You were rooting for Kyle and Teague through the whole story. The language was well done, there were limited editing concerns, and the personal romance was great (the sex was hot, I must add).

Cons: The over-reaching plot that was set into place was never really seen to fruition. It left me with a lot of questions, a lot of WTFery, and there was an odd sense at the end of 'Yes, and...?'
Ashley
Jul 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire, m-m, ebooks-i-own
The plot was pretty good and I liked how there were different species of vampires.
Emily Moore
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
In the world of Secrets and Lies, mankind comes in many forms. In particular, there are two vampire breeds, the Daywalkers and the Nightfeeders. The Daywalkers are able to easily blend into human cities, but the Nightfeeders, created through the transmission of blood between a Daywalker and a human, are archetypal vampires with an extreme allergy to sun and need for immense amounts of blood to survive. Over time, the Nightfeeders resisted being bound to the rules of their kind, while the Daywalk ...more
Kathy
Jul 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
"When he’s not working at the sex club he and his brother own, Teague keeps to himself. He relies on strangers to feed his need, but
anything more intimate is off limits. The last thing he needs is a nosy would-be boyfriend."

-------------------

The brief blurb above alludes to something in this story not being run-of-the mill ~ other than the fact, of course, that it's a gay romance. It was when I was reading the prologue that I realized that this is, indeed, a vampire story.... COOL! And it was
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal, ebook
3.5 stars. I liked this story, but it took a while to really get into what was going on. I really liked Kyle, but felt he deserved more than what Teague was giving him. I was really hoping he had seen the light, but then other things happened, and the story took a turn. There were some annoying editing issues, but overall, it was an enjoyable story that was a bit different from the typical vamp stories out there. I am looking forward to reading book 2.
Cindyg
Jul 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wow...what a great read. I really connected with the characters, Teaque and Kyle. I can't wait to start on the next story. Highly recommend if you enjoy M/M paranormal romance.
Chancey Knowles
3.5 Stars. Rounded down mostly because there were sections that really dragged for me, then the ending felt rushed. It's an interesting world. I liked the m/c"s. There wasn't anything I really disliked other than the what was previously mentioned. Nothing really pulled me in either. This is by far my preferred genre, so by default I find it interesting. Nothing in the editing popped me out of the story. I will read Cadge's story.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has so many wonderful elements. You've got romance and sexiness, but also thrilling, suspenseful, and paranormal dark edge. I loved it. Can't wait to read the next one.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I'm not fond of a book starting out with sex in the first few pages. I haven't had time to get to know the characters at all. This just isn't hot. Also, unlike Kyle, I don't think it's hot when he is called "boy." This isn't even a BDSM thing.

Actually, immortality does mean invulnerable when it comes to death.

These guys keep saying the reason they don't want the other to die is that he's the only family he has left. What a dumb reason. "Oh, I've got lots of other family, let him perish." How a
Jeff Erno
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-paranormal
Teague Johnson is not your average vampire. He and his brother Cadge are the last of a dying breed called Daywalkers. Exposure to sunlight is unpleasant to them, though not fatal. They are not compelled by bloodlust, but must merely supplement their diet with nutrient-rich human blood which they purchase in plastic bags and store in their refrigerator.

Teague is a loner who consciously avoids long-term, intimate relationships. He owns and manages a sex club where he satiates his carnal desires wi
Lisa1269
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inescapable chemistry…
I really enjoyed this book, with it’s memorable characters and quickly paced storyline, I couldn’t put it down until I was finished reading. Teague and Kyle have such a strong bond that when we first meet them the chemistry between them is unescapable, but Teague is unwilling to invest himself in a human, regardless of the intensity of their connection. Kyle, looking for more than just the physical encounters he has been limited to, and completely unaware of the magnitude o
Lexee Toste
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read. I enjoyed Teague and Kyle. Amanda Young sets up a new world here of the Daywalkers and other paranormal creatures. The Daywalkers are almost extinct, just Teague and his brother are left that they know of. Teague has been drawn to Kyle but because of his life and the fact that Kyle is human he has been trying to keep it just sex and not form attachment, but he did anyways. Kyle wants more but doesn't know how to ask for it and doesn't believe that Teague wants that. ...more
Shaz
Feb 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, vampires, paranormal
This is sitting somewhere between a 3 and a 4 star for me.

I found the book actually slightly confusing, especially in the beginning. There ws a lot of information and explanations being thrown at us, but, in what I found to be, confusing bits and pieces. So it took me a little while to actually fully understand the relevant background information.

While the sex was hot, there wasn't really any relationship building. Very little, to no romance in fact. In my opinion these two guys went from fuck
Roger - president of NBR United -
Teague Johnson and His Older Brother Cadge are the Last of the Daywalker the Ancient forerunner to what we know as Vampires today. In fact it is when their DNA mixed with human that the Nightfeeders or what we would consider the Vampires of Legend and Lore were created. Kyle Rhodes is A Human and A every Saturday fuck for Teague. Kyle is upset when Teague won’t Kiss him and tries to stay away from Teague and His club. Teague Keep coming to Kyle House and the Lust is instant but grow into Love. ...more
Antoinette
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Secrets and Lies" is different than all the other vampire books I have read. It's a refreshing twist on Daywalker mythology. Teague and his brother Cadge are the last Survivors of the once elite Daywalker race. They live among humans, the other race of vampires and other beings trying to keep what they are a secret. Then Teague meets human Kyle and the chaos begins. Although a bit on the short side I enjoyed this book immensely. Teague and Kyle were hot together. If you like vampires read this ...more
Candice
Apr 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I think that the book had potential. I liked the characters and thought that the world of the Daywalkers and Nightfeeders was good and interesting, but something unfortunately seemed missing. Parts of the book seemed rushed and didn't fully develop for me. The story intrigued me enough to read the next book. I am hoping that questions that I still have will be explained and there will be more development to the characters and background.
Cheryl
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it
A book about vampire love.

Teague is a Daywalker and owns a sex club with his brother. They are the last of the Daywalkers. The Nightfeeders are everywhere.

Kyle and his boyfriend Darren joined the club. Teague saw Kyle and wanted him right away. Darren disappeared. Kyle kept coming to the club. Teague and Kyle had sex almost every saturday night.

Kyle wanted more then Teague was willing to give.
Manlove
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
The Daywalkers, Nighteaters (heh, or whatever the vampires were called), and their history were all interesting even if totally underdeveloped. As was the relationship. But, still a pleasant enough, quick read.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-200_pgs, m-m, pnr
Not a bad read. It does remind me of a few other stories that I have read but it was it's own story. One thing I don't believe I've ever read in other vampire stories is that jade can kill them. I look forward to the next book which is Red and Cadge's story.
Tara Lynn
I'm giving this three stars because it's practically impossible to find a gay novel without two-dimensional characters. They're always dark, brooding and conflicted, or young and impressionable. Good, not great.
Nadine Bookaholic

**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.**
Nadine's ARC image
Sandra Walker
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teague & Kyle

Loved this story of romance between two guys. What a ride losing one love only to find another. The danger they were in added a little more spice to the book being real good.
Andrea
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
KU
Enjoyed the characters and story.
Lynnebaby
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lost-interest
Characters are a bit 2-dimensional and I just didn't get the emotional connection between anyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Souls Deep
  • Undesirable
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)
  • Hemovore
  • Hell Cop
  • Out There in the Night
  • Obedience Training (Ian McAllistor #1)
  • Secrets (Soul Mates #4)
  • Myths and Magic: Legends of Love
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • One Wild Wish (One Wish #1)
  • Dark Geist
  • My Heart is Within You (Triquetra, #1)
  • Raincheck
A bestselling author of erotic romance, Amanda Young penned her first romance at eighteen. That novel was promptly deleted before it could traumatize innocent readers. After several years of honing her craft, Amanda went on to receive her first publishing contract in 2006.

A vivid imagination and a passion for all the things that go bump in the night has led Amanda to create provocative stories tha
More about Amanda Young...

Daywalkers (2 books)
  • The Hard Truth (Daywalkers, #2)