Start by marking “Daughter of the Serpentine (Dragoneer Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the Serpentine (Dragoneer Academy, #2)

Daughter of the Serpentine

(Dragoneer Academy #2)

As a young dragoneer moves through the ranks of the prestigious Serpentine Academy, her challenges grow greater and her time grows short to draw out a series of deadly threats, in this thrilling coming-of-age fantasy novel.

Sixteen-year-old Ileth is now an Apprentice Dragoneer, with all of the benefits and pitfalls that her elevation in rank entails. But her advancement bec
Kindle Edition
Published November 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of the Serpentine, please sign up.
Dustin The audio book is being delayed for some reason. Audible says it wont be released until December 1st, which is when it will (probably) arrive everywhe…moreThe audio book is being delayed for some reason. Audible says it wont be released until December 1st, which is when it will (probably) arrive everywhere else.

Start your review of Daughter of the Serpentine (Dragoneer Academy, #2)
Jan farnworth
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to the wonderful Novice Dragonneer and continues to follow the young Illeth journey to become a Dragoneer. Illeth has come a long way from the first novel where she escaped the captain's lodge (an orphanage basically) to head to the Serpentine to become a Dragoneer. She arrives too late and spends almost two weeks on the doorstep refusing to leave. Now she on her way to becoming an apprentice.

Once she becomes one she needs to provide herself with a sash. She tries so hard to
Nia Dragin
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed on Cyn's Workshop

Daughter of the Serpentine is the second novel in the Dragoneer Academy, continuing Ileth’s journey as an apprentice dragoneer.

Character-Driven Story
Much like with Novice Dragoneer, Daughter of the Serpentine is a character-driven story. This means that while not a fast-paced story, it is still made engaging by the characters.

The story continues to follow Ileth as she continues her dragoneer apprenticeship. It is a good story that focuses on the characters an
Kate (BloggingwithDragons)
I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

Daughter of the Serpentine is the follow-up to The Novice Dragoneer , one of my favorite books of this year. There is something uniquely comforting about this series—it wraps you in its magical atmosphere like a warm blanket. Even though I didn’t quite love Daughter of the Serpentine as much as its predecessor, I real
Louisa
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book just like the first book, a lot happened, we learned more, and it was a really great read! Can't wait to read more! ...more
Jenny Wilkins
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was wonderful. I laughed often. I couldn't put it down. I'm already aching for the next one. I love these characters, I love this world, and many of my grievances from the first are resolved (namely, Ileth now has female friends and is less catty in general).

I would have given it five stars were it not for the fact that I can't quite decide if I'm being queerbaited or not. Santeel and Ileth continue to dance on the hairs breadth between best friends and romantic interests. I don't know if I'm
Lauren loves llamas
Content warnings: (view spoiler)

These books have absolutely gorgeous covers, and I love this one even more than Novice Dragoneer. I very much enjoyed the first book, so I was unbelievably excited to read an advanced copy of this one. And, wow, it was not a disappointment – it’s even better than the fi
Annie
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Daughter of the Serpentine is the second Dragoneer Academy novel by E.E. Knight. Released 17th Nov 2020 by Penguin Random House on their Berkley Ace imprint, it's 512 pages and available in paperback, audio, and ebook formats. It's worth noting that the ebook format has a handy interactive table of contents as well as interactive links. I've really become enamored of ebooks with interactive formats lately.

I've always loved epic character drive
Barb Lie
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Daughter of the Serpentine by E.E. Knight is the second book in his fantasy Dragoneer Academy series. Daughter of the Serpentine picks up shortly after the last book left off, and continues to follow our heroine, Ileth’s, journey into this magical world of dragons. Ileth’s earned the respect of her peers in the last book, and is now an apprentice to a dragoneer, which has some pitfalls; she also continues to help with her dancing group.

Ileth finds herself meeting new friends, as well as keeping
Joanna Bennett
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an earc to review! All opinions are my own.

I kept putting this book off until the last minute because I didn’t want to be disappointed if it ended up not being as great as the first book. Although I enjoyed the characters, I just wasn’t feeling the plot as much. It didn’t live up to the first book but I still liked it for the most part.

Ileth is back and is just as determined to become a dragoneer. In this book her role changes a lot since she is no lo
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adventurous. Fantastical.

Daughter of the Serpentine is book two in the Dragoneer Academy series. Ileth is now an apprentice. She still is proving herself to everyone there. She isn’t afraid to work hard. Her dream is to be a dragoneer with her own dragon. A lot of obstacles are thrown her way, along with political matters. Ileth must make choices and hope she is doing the right thing.

I was excited to read more about Ileth! She is a survivor and I wanted to know what adventures she would find her
Crystal
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Before we get started, in case you are interested, I also reviewed the first book in this series, Novice Dragoneer.

We start this new book where the last one left off. Ileth is now an Apprentice Dragoneer, which pretty much means having to do a LOT more work. But since her true love is dragons, she is more than willing to lose sleep and expend vast amounts of energy for their benefit. She really does have an admirable work ethic. I’m worn out just reading about it.

She is a great character, hard w
Henry Lazarus
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
E.E. Knight continues the very enjoyable tale of Ileth, Daughter of the Serpentine (ebook from ACE) a very poor girl at the Serpentine Academy who is now an apprentice and unable to afford the sash for her uniform. This is a world of intelligent dragons who are considered citizens of the Republic. While I didn’t read the first tale in this series, I was soon caught up in Ileth’s problems and friends, including some of the dragons. The Republic’s trade has been destroyed by pirates. She discovers ...more
NiteHaze
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.25 I genuinely loved coming back to this world with these amazing characters but I must acknowledge that the slow pace slice of life aspects of the book was jarring to go back to especially after the heist at the end of book 1.

But I also feel like the 5 stars (it was amazing) is earned because at the end of the book I took a mental step back and I have to admit that I am interested in how E.E Knight is maneuvering his characters and I will listen to the next book of the series as soon as it c
Margaret
Apprentice Dragoneer Ileth is back! After spending the last year or so imprisoned in Gallantine lands, Ileth is the last novice in her class (known as drafts) to make apprentice. She's a dragon dancer but still has her heart set on someday becoming a full dragoneer (dragon rider).

In the first book we get to see what is south of the Serpentine, namely the Gallantine lands. In this second book we get to see more of the north, where Ileth was raised in the charity lodge (orphanage).

Can't wait for
Becca
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! I had high hopes for this second installment and wow did it deliver. What I love about the worlds Knight creates are the people and their stories. He doesn't spend endless pages on battle, gore, and action which has it's place but many authors tend to do way too much blow by blow coverage that goes on endlessly. Knight gives you the highlights and moves on and I appreciate that. I want to get lost in the story and his style of writing achieves that superbly. I know this is hot off ...more
Candice Ryan
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this tale adventurous and exciting. The story is unique, and I found myself swept away into a land of pirates, dragons, and peril. I definitely would recommend this book to young and old readers alike. A very engaging story that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end!
Paul
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Sarai Henderson
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, back with Ileth. She is one bad ass woman. I really enjoyed this story. It was choked full of dragons and pirates, and of course an adventure or two. We finally have some back story to our character and the world is built around us even more. A wonderful world that I can picture in my head. If you love dragon lore, then this would be the book for you.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Sara | Book Confessions of an ExBallerina
Nov 25, 2020
Sam Morris
Dec 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bright and Breaking Sea (Captain Kit Brightling, #1)
  • Forged (Alex Verus, #11)
  • The Dark Archive (The Invisible Library, #7)
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Escaping Eleven (Eleven Trilogy, #1)
  • I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story
  • Skunk and Badger (Skunk and Badger, #1)
  • The Vanishing Sky
  • Passages (Tales of Valdemar, #14)
  • The Midnight Bargain
  • The Mask of Mirrors (Rook & Rose, #1)
  • The Rural Diaries: Love, Livestock, and Big Life Lessons Down on Mischief Farm
  • The Tigers in the Tower
  • Steel Crow Saga
  • We Hear Voices
  • Dynasty of Evil (Star Wars: Darth Bane, #3)
  • New Spring (The Wheel of Time, #0)

Dragoneer Academy (2 books)
  • Novice Dragoneer (Dragoneer Academy, #1)

News & Interviews