Start by marking “The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)” as Want to Read:
The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)

The Trailwalker

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)

The old campground in the mountains has a shrouded history wrapped in legend. Located by the mysterious mounds of a vanished people, it was once a popular summer destination for children, but closed long ago under tragic circumstances.

Josh and Allison Conner have moved out from the city, inspired to create a retreat for children in need, a place to build skills and charact
Published October 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Trailwalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trailwalker

Start your review of The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It is no secret I adore this series and even thirteen books in, it just keeps getting better and better.

So without further ado, my top five reasons you need to pick this series up and read it:

1. You will have a spooky good time.

2. The places! I love how even the houses and woods surrounding Bryan's stories seem to come alive and have a life of their own.

3. Ghosts! There is nothing like a great ghost story that will have you turning on the lights and looking behind you constantly.

4. Fabulous writ
Danielle Bush
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love every single book in this series! I have already pre-ordered the next book due out september 2021..
Ellie and Stacy are travelling up into the mountains to an abandoned camp ground to meet their clients.. Strane things have been happening to the family and the wife in particular. She has hired Ellie and Stacy to try and figure out what is going on.. With a handful of mysterious deaths, and an old Indian Legend of the Trailwalker, there are no end to the possibilities of what could be the c
Cindy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Paranormal investigator Ellie Jordan and her assistant Stacy head deep into the mountains to a remote abandoned campground recently bought by a family. The wife claims there is something haunting the camp and the woods around it.

It doesn't take them long to figure out there is more than just ghost haunting the campground. Another great spooky mystery.
Finn
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great addition to series

Another great read. Was a bit slow to start but once the action kicked in i couldnt put it down. Also I was really drawn in by the pre European elements.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

In this installment of Ellie Jordan, we’re heading to a haunted camp! Very exciting! Especially because we don’t get too many cases set outdoors in this series, which is not a bad thing at all! But I really liked the change. Actually, the settings of every book are quite different from one another and I really appreciate that. But yeah! Haunted camp! 👻

“If it’s haunted, kids will be sensitive to that.”
“Which will kinda ruin camp for them. Or make it extra cool?”
“If
Michelle
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It can be hard to write a series, especially the 13th book, and still keep people interested. There are several series I’ve given up on halfway through the series, and very few I’ve continued to read as they get into double figures. The Ellie Jordan series is one of those.
Ellie and Stacey are like part of my extended family, I’ve been with them from the beginning and each new instalment means I get to read all about their next adventure, wondering what type of ghosts and hauntings I’ll get to r
Kelly
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Ellie is back (along with her perpetually upbeat sidekick, Stacy) and ready to make the world a safer place. Or, you know, at least put a few restless spirits to rest in this little slice of wilderness. Even though she's not real keen on roughing it. And the camp itself is pretty darn unwelcoming when Ellie and Stacy first get there.

No worries, though, Ellie is up for the job!

Things that stick in my head: Old summer camps that have been left to time and decay are inherently creepy unto them
robyn
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shirley
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ellie and Stacy have their hands full in Trailwalker. It doesn’t take long for them to figure out that they are probably dealing with more than one ghost and maybe even something else? J.L. Bryan didn’t pull any punches in this one. Yikes!

Their investigation might have gone a little smoother if they didn’t have the added obstacle of Josh. He wasn’t exactly a believer and although he had agreed to have them come, it was more to prove to Allison that she was letting her imagination get away with h
April
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Almost Perfect

Another amazing Ellie book. Truly, I should give it 5 stars, but I’m really missing the more personal parts of Ellie’s life. Not much has been said about her and Michaels relationship in these last few books. Although the stories are wonderful, I’m ready for some romance. I already know she’s special when it comes to ghost. Also, will there be anything else about the company that bought them out? Or the British guy that was flirty with Ellie before? Ok so we know Stacy is hot enoug
Karel
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Read!

This new Ellie Jordan book was so different and well done!! I really wish the next one would come out sooner than September, 2021!! In this new adventure Ellie and Stacey have no idea what they were getting into. Their clients, Josh and Allison, have different ideas of what's going on. Josh is not being completely honest about what he knows and claims he's humoring his wife. Well there are definitely paranormal activities and things really are twisted. Will Ellie and Stacey
Lesley Hewitt
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant

A really great read, well worth five stars. Ellie and Stacey go to a camp ground that has been closed for many years. The new owners want to re-open it but some thing strange keeps happening there. Mysterious shadows, giggling and things that go bump in the night. I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to read the next one.
Jean Pilch
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Scary Read for Halloween

Every book is immersed in history and local details. It makes the read so interesting and believable. As usual, I could not put it down and am looing forward to the next and have pre-ordered it. I like the background of the series and how it builds on the next book in line.
Jo Anna Part
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love 💘

I absolutely love this series I will continue to read the books as long as this author decides to write them! If you have not yet read this series, I would say you will not be disappointed!! Can not wait for more!!!!
C CHRISTOFOROU
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As good as it gets

Not the most murderous story, but still a great read and a brilliant ending, with a nice surprising twist. Drawn back to his childhood days, with an unwilling wife, Josh and his family attempt to restore an old campground with an unknown history, and ghostly goings on. What is Josh keeping back?
Lacey
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much to love about this newest Ellie Jordan ghost hunting story. Great backdrop for our story to take place in with lots of creepy happenings. There are some well thought out ghosts with believable backstories and the situations feel reasonable. Looking forward to the next one!
Holly Holliday
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Off the trail

I have read every book in this series and i have loved them all, until now. I have to say that the writing was so much different in this book i almost put it down halfway through. I missed the interaction with Jacob. I was really disappointed.
Kim
Nov 23, 2020 added it
Another really fun location, which is something I really love about the Ellie Jordan books. I felt like the ending was a little abrupt and things wrapped up very suddenly, but as always I enjoyed this quick and fun read.
Paranormal Books R Us
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Trailwalker Review

Another excellent Ellie Jordan book! I'm not sure how Bryan continues to come up with such detailed and interesting ghost stories but he did an amazing job. Add to that his awesome characters and I couldn't put this one down. I can't wait to see what kind of ghosts Ellie and Stacey dig up next and in my opinion The Trailwalker is a spooky treat and definitely recommend.
Donna
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Back to the basics.

It’s kinda nice a series can organically go back to its simpler roots. Just an old fashioned ghost story at a camp ground being brought back to life by new owners story here. You could read this without even having read the others and be fine.
Meghan
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Great story as always! I read this one in one day! I so wished it was longer! Can’t wait for the next one!
Sarah Grant
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it. Did feel the ending was rushed a little.
Linda Felter
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I think this is my favorite. I had a hard time putting this one down. The perfect amount of detail when needed and left you guessing. Really enjoyed this one the most.
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
Every book in this series just gets better and better!!
John Stevenson
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The ending was a little too far fetched, even for a ghost story, for my liking.
Cindi
This was so good! Already pre ordered the next book!
Chris Austen
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Book

This story grabs you right from the start. It is well written and has great characters. I think you will most likely enjoy it.
Chris
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really good!

This series is so good and easy to take in. The author does a great job making dynamic characters and making each story different from the last.
Donna Van
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fast paced great read!
Jessica
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So fun!

Great, quick, fun read! Drags you in and makes you totally involved with the characters! Loved yet another JL Bryan book!

• The Kitchen Witch: Witches of Palmetto Point Book 11
  • Never Dead (Welcome To Dead House #1)
  • The Ghost and the Witches’ Coven (Haunting Danielle #26)
  • Always Dead (Welcome To Dead House #2)
  • The Ghost of a Memory (Haunting Danielle, 25)
  • Enduring Spirits (Witches of Palmetto Point, #10)
  • Cades Home Farm (Reach for the Dead, #2)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Haunted Series Book 31)
  • Dead At Midnight (Welcome To Dead House #3)
  • The Ghost of Old Coal House
  • Wicked Ever After (The Hex Files: Mysteries from the Sixth Borough, #7)
  • Mistress Of Death (Death Hunter #4)
  • Jack-O-Lantern Magic (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #7)
  • The Greyt Escape (Mystic's End #5)
  • The Haunting of Nelson Street (The Ghosts of Crowford Book 1)
  • Fortune Haunter (Haunted Everly After #5)
  • Two Ravens and One Crow (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4.5)
  • City of Ghosts (Death Hunter #1)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)