Start by marking “The Art of Scrying (Mystic's End Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Art of Scrying (Mystic's End Mysteries, #4)

The Art of Scrying

(Mystic's End #4)

A fake ancient urn.
A suitor with a lot of secrets.
Can Fortuna bring the truth into focus before her world cracks?

When Fortuna finally accepts one of Martin Salvi’s persistent invitations to have dinner at his enormous mansion on the edge of town, she’s still not sure she can trust him. Sure, he’s handsome and yes, he had lots of reasons for ghosting her earlier this year,
Published July 16th 2020 by Badchen Publishing (first published July 5th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Scrying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Scrying

Start your review of The Art of Scrying (Mystic's End Mysteries, #4)
Cath
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book four of the Mystic’s End Mysteries and continues the story of Fortuna Delphi and the art shop and gallery she has set up when she moved to Mystic’s End. She moved there hoping to find out the identity of her real parents, after she had been left in the town as a foundling and no clues as to her real identity. She has two men who have been after her, Martin Salvi, the owner of the large complex outside of town and the greyhound track where she rescued her dog Gideon from. The other i ...more
Molly
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Epic Paranormal saga, fantasy magic romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout Amazon
In a similar fashion as the paranormal circus stories, at the heart of the Mystics End tales are the journeys of truth and self discovery.

It is easy to be angry or frustrated with others at the secrets they hold and hide - and also easy to justify your own secrets. Sometimes greed, power or personal gain lie behind the secrets.

For Martin, secrets about his family that he holds are apparently mire for the protection of folks in his circle with personal and paranormal connections

Fortuna has a g
Jamie Jack
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2020, mystery
Secrets, Answers, and More Questions

The storyline for this series and the characters are so rich and complex that I feel like giving any amount of detail about what actually happens in the story would be apt to confuse someone new to the series… and unnecessary for anyone who already knows and loves the series. Let me say right at the start that this series is very well written with layers of complexity that we don't typically see in a paranormal cozy mystery series. You shouldn't start with thi
Aimee Bower
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fortuna is trying to learn about the book with Miss Bessie. It is only telling her one thing so far. She feels like she knows how to do what it is asking of her. She is frustrated that the others are not understanding why she is moving so slowly. She came to town for one reason but has yet to even do that. She feels like her choices were taken from her.
Gabe comes into the store to see Fortuna, she learned some information from Pepper. Martin and Jeeves comes in right after. There seems to be ten
Disney14604
Shelves: books, arc, 2020
Hilarious Must Read!!! Even if Cozies or Mysteries not your thing. This is a definite must read just for the laughs.

The laughter was just what I needed at the time. Although I am not sure the author meant it to be so funny. I was almost kicked off the bus because I was laughing so much. Okay at least I was definitely get strange looks.

Lots of life lessons for everyone to take to heart (need to go back and copy them out to remember). This story we also get to learn more on Martin’s background. We
Sue-Dee Numb
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whilst admiring Martin's art collection Fortuna notices something about one if his priceless objects, Martin (and the ever present Jeeves) beg Fortuna not to go to the police but to figure it out themselves Not sure Martin menant for her to include Pepper,Ollie and Gabe but if he wants Fortuna's help....
But something smells off about the whole thing and Fortuna wants to know what, but what wil it do to her budding romance with Martin?

Wow This book smacks you with a whole new set of secrets and e
Diana Lindoff
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ART OF SCRYING is the fourth installment in Leanne Leeds new series about Fortuna Delphi's new life in Mystic End. This is a fun series with character and world building making you feel right at home with these people.

The secrets of Mystic End just keep coming. Who to trust - who not to trust.  With all the secrets in this small town, it's hard to figure out. I really love this series

There are alot of secrets revealed in this installment. Just a few: Fortuna finds out her last name, may be more
Pete
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Cozy readers
Fortuna's adventures in the semi-paranormal town of Mystic's End continue in this entertaining read. There is a lot to like about this book, some quirky and enjoyable characters, an involving story line, some light humour (a telepathic dog who loves to project visions of bacon to Fortuna) and even a bit of excitement.
In this book Fortuna discovers that there are more paranormals around than she thought, and that an ancient curse hangs over the town's witch population, living and dead. Her relati
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Fortuna Delphi and Miss Bessie are arguing that out of a hundred blank pages of parchment in the magical book, only one page has a message which is that Fortuna needs to learn to scry. But she already knows from her time as a fortune teller! This makes no sense to her.

When Martin and Jeeves come into the store, the two seem tense. Martin Salvi invites her to dinner at his mansion. Hesitant about accepting because he ghosted her previously, Fortuna reluctantly accepts. But she notices in his home
Douglas Williamson
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine gets is pulled into another mystery by a man she doesn't completely trust. He definitely has ulterior motives, but what exactly are they?

This is book four of the series but it is written as a standalone. All the essential bits are explained pretty early on, so no worries starting here.

This is a cozy mystery with a touch of magic and a reluctant witch. The story is well written and easy to read with just the right amount of humor to keep things light. The characters are great and I en
Claudia
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the fourth book of MYSTYC'S END finally we find out more about Fortuna and her background, as she finally has that talk with Ms. Bessie. She also finds out more about Martin and his strange relationship with Jeeves - which leads to a whole new set of questions.
Having reached the middle of the book I could not put it out of my hands any more.
And although it is not really ending in a cliff-hanger, I feel really unhappy that it ends where it does.
As a warning, if you have not yet started the M
Catherine Stratman
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some answers but so many secrets!

Such a fun series! We get a lot of answers in this one but still so many questions. Everything is so intertwined in Mystic's End. Will Fortuna be able to unravel it all? What is Martin hiding, and what about Jeeves? Does the man ever sleep? So much going on in each one of these books it's hard to keep up with everyone! So many good characters and Gideon really steals the show! The series is just as much fun as the Magical Midway series and we get a little cross-o
Carol
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fortuna Delphi came to Mystic's End for a quiet life, no more magic or bodies, just peace and quiet. But fate dictates life and Fortuna's was not meant to be like that. Never mind the fact that 2 handsome men were fighting over her, neither whose attention she wanted and Miss Bessie keeps telling her to practice her magic, which will not leave her alone either.

Exciting, immersive reading, full of fun as always with Leanne Leed's books. Not exactly a cliffhanger, but an incomplete story, with a t
sharon g. stoddard
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Frustrating and disappointing

As a cozy read it has all the little love interests but there’s to much distrustful arguing and the main character is the one I wouldn’t trust. She expects everyone to be open and honest to her but she isn’t honest with them.
As I’ve read through four books I’ve watched her step back and away, make no effort to learn, discover, or grow. She’s been chastised by three of her friends for her lack of effort but doesn’t ponder it or take their words to heart.
There are t
Val Preston
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I may have needed to read the previous story/stories to this one, I was a bit lost as to the references as to happened before.
So much self-doubt, angst, and overthinking, I don't think I can get into the main character; all the characters seem to be at the top level of what they portray - Ollie is just so laid back, Pepper is just so suspicious and alarmist, Martin is just so rich - and well these extremes are exhausting to read.
And there is absolutely no scrying happening.

I received a free cop
Angel Ballard
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, secrets, are no fun...
Things are heating up for Fortuna and her friends. She is starting to realize that ignoring things isn't going to work and sometimes, she has to take action. I love how this new series is expanding and developing. The characters are strong and the storyline is not just engaging. The reader is compelled to keep turning those pages to find out how it's all going to play out. Well written! I love it! Can't wait to find out what happens next!
I received a free copy of t
Dorothy  Scott
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fortuna discovers Martin’s precious antique is actually a fake, but he is reluctant to contact police. He asks for her help to discover what happened, but Fortuna is suspicious of his motives. Although she is angry about the secrets Martin is keeping, she is conflicted about secrets she is keeping from Gabe. I especially enjoy Fortuna’s journey of self discovery from the time Leanne Leeds introduced her character.

Shweta
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I've been following this series from the beginning so I it's easy to join the dots, but

1. Where is the art of scrying?
2. Is there anything more cliched than some of the book?
3. Why is the ending so incomplete?

The 3 star rating is only because I understand the base of the series and it does fit in more or less but out of all the books in the series out now, this is the weakest link. Hopefully, the next one will be as good as the others.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am vol
Janet Graham
Things Start to Get Real in Mystic's End
This episode of Mystics End teaches Fortuna Many new things including why she is really in Mystics End. There is an interesting mystery, but it is small potatoes compared to everything else we find out about the town and the townspeople. I received this ARC book for free from Booksprouts and this is my honest review.

sherri jones-teachout
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More truths are revealed. Fortuna finds out more about being the Mystic and what her purpose is. But she also finds out there are more paranormal beings in the town than she thought and they just might help her on her new mission. And this mission involves relatives of many of the residents. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Billie
Jul 21, 2020 added it
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believeable.
Great cozy mystery with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

Scarolet Ellis
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Scrying by Leanne Leeds is an amazing story that I have read. This is book number four out of six in this amazing series that I am so hooked on and can not wait to finish this series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and mysteries.

Heather Bane
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 of the Mystic's End Mysteries series. I really like this series and book 4 did not disappoint. The storyline grabbed my interest and I loved the characters. A really great cozy mystery that I recommend reading.

Jodi Sweet
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think I spent most of this book with my mouth opened in total surprise! That and laughing...but mostly surprise. I can’t believe how much we learned in this book, and yet, there is still so much more to learn. I’m hooked on this series!

Margarita Rose
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A mysterious urn. Fortuna and friends can't resist a mystery. Martin wants it to only be the two of them but everyone seems to have a thought. This is a quick read of mystery and witchy fun. There's got to be much more to come. Awaiting for the next book.
Tristan Burbridge
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line and character work were good. The book had a fairly smooth flow to it. This was another great addition to the series and I was highly entertained from beginning to end.

Lynn
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Truly a great read. Best read if other books in the series have been read. A lot of questions answered but truly left me pining for the next book in the series! Seriously the best book so far.
Brenna Joyce
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Honestly Fortuna and Pepper both are terrible, judgemental women. They both are rude and annoying and honestly ruin the book. For someone who is supposed to be so smart...they both are dumber than a box of rocks.
Myra Ball
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series

The series finally feels like it's taking a turn with the characters that I enjoy. The entire series has had unexpected twist that I never anticipated but all make more sense after reading this book. This book is defiantly worth a read.
Ann Archer
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love these books.

I'm not a prude,but I enjoy reading a book without having sex thrown at me. Finding out who and what you are is very exciting. Making a group of friends is exciting to. Growing in understanding and learning new things is great.

• Renovation Spell (A Magical Renovation Mystery Book #2)
  • Brewing Up Trouble (Ivy's Botany Shop #1)
  • Murder without Mercy (Witches of Keyhole Lake #12)
  • Let Sleeping Ghosts Lie (Reaper Witch #2)
  • A Wild Ghost Chase (Reaper Witch #1)
  • Witcher Upper (A Magical Renovation Mystery #1)
  • The Ghost is Clear (Ghost Detective #3)
  • Down the Hatch (Witches Be Crazy #1)
  • Down and Out (Witches Be Crazy #3)
  • A Taste for Magic (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #5)
  • Witch Things Come in Threes (Wicked Witches of Pendle Island, #3)
  • A Cold Case In Spell (Ice Witch Mysteries #1)
  • A Storm is Brewing (Ivy's Botany Shop #3)
  • Southern Omens (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #17)
  • Brewing the Midnight Oil (Ivy's Botany Shop #2)
  • Down But Not Dead (Witches Be Crazy #2)
  • As Witch Would Have It (Wicked Witches of Pendle Island, #1)
  • Wakes and High Stakes (Mitzy Moon #8)
Leanne Leeds writes sweet, fun, often romantic but always fast-paced paranormal mysteries. She lives in rural Texas with her husband, daughter, and a house full of cats that would sound like Samson if they could talk.

You can also visit her at leanneleeds.com for free stories, to join her newsletter (and be notified of early release giveaways), or to find Leanne on your favorite social media!

Mystic's End (7 books)
  • Mystic Guests (Mystic's End Mysteries, #1)
  • Angel in Demise (Mystic's End Mysteries, #2)
  • Sketchy Charms (Mystic's End Mysteries, #3)
  • The Greyt Escape (Mystic's End Mysteries, #5)
  • Boozehounds and Ball Drops (Mystic's End Mysteries, #6)
  • Scry Harder (Mystic's End Mysteries, #7)