Start by marking “Silent Music” as Want to Read:
Silent Music

Silent Music

Three marriages, two weddings, one affair which threatens them all. Is it ever too late for happily ever after?

A woman in 1960s New York struggles to place duty before passion, when her son's wedding plans throw the limitation of her marriage and apparently perfect life into the spotlight.

1939 HONG KONG. Ballet dancer Tess is seventeen. She is unsure about marrying naval o
Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Silent Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Music

Start your review of Silent Music
Tahera
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tess lays her left palm against her breastbone, extends the other arm and begins to move as though she is dancing with a partner, slow, sinuous, letting the music move her. The rhythm rises in her, the familiar urge to dance like an answering pulse. She loses herself in the melody for a time, and closes her eyes. I can do this. For the first time, she feels a sense of relief. It's over. The pretence is over. She knows in her heart that Kit is right.

She wants to feel the music resonate through
Kathy
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Such a wonderful story of love and hope.
Vanessa Figueroa
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Silent Music thanks to Netgalley. Silent Music is a great and lovely book. It started slow for me, but the magic and sweetness of Tess, the main character, helped me continue reading and I was very happy I did. The book is well written describing each scenario perfectly. It gives the reader a perspective of two worlds in two different times; Hong Kong during the war and NY in the 60s, which can be confusing sometimes, but also captivating. It touches some important topics li ...more
Laila Khan
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book to review via Netgalley. Thank you for the opportunity
This book is a sweet and lovely one. It has good writing that is a bit flowery at times with an interesting protagonist. It was a unique idea to contrast and compare Tess'past and present, demonstrating changes not only in her own life but it in the world at large.
I found it difficult to follow this book initially as the prologue and beginning few chapters seemed to have quite a bit of excess details, lingering
Lara Kleinschroth
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Ebook sent to me by NetGalley. A sweet read, about a woman in New York in the 60’s. Not so much a love story as it is a story about love, the different kinds of love, different ways to give, receive, feel love. As well as independence and feminism in a time when such things were still hidden and suppressed. Timely and timeless topics. Very sweetly drawn.
Rona Nimmo
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Louetta Waters
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written historical fiction/ romance story. I loved this story from the very beginning to its wonderful ending!
The writing flowed beautifully, the characters were lifelike and likeable. Loved the multiple plot storyline. Made me cry.
5 stars.

Thanks to NetGalley and the Author and publisher for an ARC copy of this book.The opinions expressed are my own.
Jaclyn

• The Residence
  • One to Watch
  • Little Disasters
  • A Wedding at the Beach Hut
  • Broken Promises: A Christmas Novella (Regency Masquerade)
  • The Second Chance Hotel
  • Very Nearly Normal
  • The Peculiar Fate of Holly Banks (Village of Primm #2)
  • The Saturday Morning Park Run
  • Majesty (American Royals, #2)
  • Ghosting: A Love Story
  • The Woman In the Painting
  • Ghost Swifts, Blue Poppies and the Red Star (Mrs. McDougall Investigates #1)
Kate grew up in the wild and beautiful Devon countryside. After studying philosophy at Durham University and art history at the Courtauld Institute of Art, Kate gained a MA in Creative Writing. Her latest book Silent Music/Die Schritte zu Deinem Hertzen will be published in November 2020.

News & Interviews