Start by marking “Internship with the Devil (Shut up and Kiss me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Internship with the Devil (Shut up and Kiss me, #1)

Internship with the Devil

(Shut up and Kiss me #1)

Grace Turner scores the opportunity of a lifetime interning with an Ex-NFL player. But working under Brock Anderson turns out to be the job from hell. The hometown hero turned athletic trainer has a reputation as the best in his field, but his volatile personality makes working with him miserable.

Despite the animosity between them, he’s highly respected in his field and in
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2020 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Internship with the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Internship with the Devil

Start your review of Internship with the Devil (Shut up and Kiss me, #1)
Paula
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I has a Mariana Zapata feeling to it.
Snow
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
first time reading this author!

a grumpy, assholery alpha and his intern set in the sport environment, a huge chemistry burning between them but the actual fireworks you don't get until the very end.

the hot and cold whiplash from their interactions are both entertaining as much as they are annoying and a bit cruel-ish, but you endure it for the rooting part in you! *wink*
Ashley King
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers, slow burn, AND sports? I am so in. I was lucky enough to snag an ARC of Internship with the Devil but will buy a physical copy to put on my Favorites bookshelf. If you're a fan of Mariana Zapata, then you'll love this novel. Grace is one of my favorite heroines--she's so down to earth and funny. I love her sass and how she isn't afraid to stand up for herself. Then there's Brock, wonderful, caring, sexy Brock. I loved the character development with both but especially enjoyed ...more
Chris
Sep 12, 2020 marked it as read-e-books
Slow Buuuurn!!!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Internship with the Devil is the first book in the Shut Up and Kiss Me series and we meet Brock and Grace. Their relationship is tumultuous at times but with a solid grounding in friendship first. This is a slow-burner that will keep you hanging on, just waiting for that first kiss!

I loved how the tension was there all the way through but both of them were completely professional. I'm not saying I didn't want something to happen, just that I can appreciate it not happening! Although Brock holds
Heather Fleet
Shelves: arc
Oh, boy. This book.

I went into it expecting a sexy, fun romp. What I got was that... and so much more.

Internship with the Devil was basically the fudge on and ice cream sundae. Warm and gooey and oh so good. It was the slowest of the slowburn, with chemistry for days, and I loved absolutely everything about it.

Grumpy, asshole Anderson, aka Brock, was a hard shelled man with a soft center that only Grace could unwrap. He was her boss, she was his intern, and everything about them being together
Sara Ohlin
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This romance by Jacqueline Snow was exactly what I needed to curl up with at night during these crazy stressful times. If you enjoy a slow burn with lots of vulnerability and heart, this book is for you. And when I say slow burn, I mean holy cow, there were a few times I wanted to toss the book at the wall because, hello, kiss already! I was cheering for Grace and Brock to get together, but I also really loved the way their relationship developed as beautiful friends first.

Grace is a sports inte
Yoshitha : BookJunkieJane
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
✔ Wow. This book was a unique n a different journey for me. I loved the leads n the story. 🆒📚💃

✔ Brock was a multi-dimensional hero. I loved him so much. He had many facets. His character personification was great to witness. His one line when he would say - "Grace, looks at me" had so such a searing effect! 💖

✔ Grace was a spirited girl who shone so much light on her persona but also had a sweet soul inside.

✔ The back n forth between Brock n Grace was just Dayummmmmmm...... Their slow-burn inten
Andrea
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love reading Jaqueline Snowe's books, so I was thrilled to see a new one available. This one holds true to her style of writing about young adults involved in sports on some level. But it also strays from what I'm used to as this one has more of a slow burn between the main characters. And I was okay with that.

I think Grace is my favorite female lead so far in Snowe's books. She was forced into independence by being orphaned by the age of 18. An accident in her past also gave her some minor ph
Cynthia Prosser
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a impartial review via LibraryThing. I was quite surprised to receive it since it is not my kind of book - I must have clicked on it by mistake or perhaps there was something in the initial blurb that caught my eye. It is a straight up romance (just in case you couldn't tell from the title, cover, or series title). That being said I will try to be fair. I liked the premise of the book in that a college student had obtained an internship in her ...more
Trish
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Shut Up and Kiss Me series. It was an enjoyable read. It’s well written with a good storyline. This was my first book by this author, and I’ll be looking at more of her books to add to my reading list. I couldn’t put the book down. The story pulled me in and before I knew it several hours had past and I was almost done with the book. There were multiply times where this book had me laughing and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

Grace earns a slot to
Ashley Jasper
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for a good sports romance and Internship with the Devil fit that bill to a T!

I LOVED Grace. She was bold and unapologetic. She worked hard and took the punches that her jerk of a boss kept throwing her way in stride. If only he wasn't so enigmatic and good looking she might've been able to keep her head from warring with her heart when it came to Brooks.

Oh Brooks, a man carrying all the guilt in the world on his shoulders. And he transferred all that frustration and anger onto Gr
Have Coffee Need Books
If you yearn for slow-burn romances, then Internship with the Devil is the book for you.

Grace Turner needs an internship to finish her degree, but she can't believe her bad luck when she finds that the good looking, bad-spirited, former football player, with a chip on his shoulder, Brock Anderson, is her boss. Worse, he's pigeon-holed her as incompetent on-sight.

One of the things Jaqueline Snow does in this book is to focus on relationship growth and character development. While this is good i
Annie
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story about Grace and Brock. Grace is a young woman who is in college to become an athletic trainer, she's lost her mom and trying to keep her head above water. So when she gets an internship with the football team she's ecstatic. She will be working with Brock Anderson, the ex NFL player who is a top notch trainer at the school. Upon meeting Brock, Grace is blown away by his grumpiness and his crappy attitude. But eventually sh ...more
jos  (sportschicreads)
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brock Anderson (aka Asshole Anderson) is an NFL player turned athletic trainer and hot boss. I could feel practically see his muscles y’all. He was angry, emotional, passionate, and sweet.

Grace was hard working, ambitious, and just a joy.

Enemies ➡️ Friends ➡️ Lovers

This book was very cute and felt like a new adult romance. There wasn’t that much angst or drama 🙌🏼 The sexual tension and chemistry were there 🔥

A quick sport romance read that fills your heart with joy 🙂

Pick this up if you like offi
Melinda Swaine
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great summer read that you don't want to miss! Jacqueline Snowe has crafted a sweet, well-rounded story that keeps you turning the pages. The journey of Grace and Brock is a deliciously unique slow-burn romance with plenty of emotions and vulnerability that will draw you in, making you never want to let go. So if you’re looking for a book that will have you laughing one minute and they reaching for a tissue the next, then you’ve found the right book and the right author. Internship with the De ...more
Kayla Pocernich
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Shut Up and Kiss Me series. Grace earns a slot to intern with Brock who’s an athletic trainer and ex NFL player. The more time they spend together they become but the attraction isn’t something they can afford to give in to. Brock is Graces boss and her grade for the class she’s taking depends on her internship. Grace starts to fall in love with Brock but she’s unsure of how he really feels about her. What will happen when her internship is over, and Brock is no lon ...more
Shanna D
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Internship with the Devil by Jaqueline Snow. This is my first book by this author, and I have to say it will not be my last. I enjoyed this book, the characters and their unique circumstance, the banter between the main characters felt genuine, and their journey sucked you right in as though you were living it with them. Brook and Grace had so many tender moments as well as frustrating ones that left me feeling like I had whiplash. Overall, I would recommend this author and book to others. I rec ...more
Jean
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in The Shut Up and Kiss Me Series and it is a really enjoyable read and it was so well written and it is Grace and Brock story. There are twists and turns along with anger, chemistry, hope, connection and emotional and a must read. This is the first book that I have read by Jacqueline Snowe but definitely not the last and I look forward to reading more of her books. I definitely recommend you read this book and you will not be disappointed.
I Voluntarily Reviewed an ARC Cop
Fiona Keane
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this in a day because I could NOT put it down! It’s an AMAZING romance! I want to read it again and again just because it was so perfect!!

Jaqueline has done it AGAIN, and even then some. The excellent pacing of this story had me glued to the pages, with every interaction between the characters pivotal to the beautiful plot. This romance had perfect character development, from the main pair to the secondary all blending together for an unforgettable plot.

This book is my absolute favorite b
Christine Woinich
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting story. Grace was hardworking, independent, and very likeable. Her loyalty to her friends and coworkers showed a big heart. Brock was all over the place with his emotions, but he was generally a caring man. Grace made him very aware of his ups and downs, and I loved her honesty, even when she did not mean to be. The secondary characters added a nice dimension to the story.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
C. Lewis
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is my favorite kind of romance. Enemies to lovers. Already they bring so much heat and tension to their interactions and when you throw in some sexual chemistry, you won't want to put the book down. I truly enjoyed this tale with Brock and Grace. From their truly disastrous first meeting to the tender moments and steam in the middle. Grace had drive and spunk and a whole lot of gumption and Brock often needed a time out. LOL! I can't recommend this book enough!
Melissa
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Enemies to lovers sports romantic comedy with a strong, kind-hearted, and sassy h. A grump, volatile and actually a really caring ex-NFL player turn athletic trainer.
A fun and quick story with characters that had depth and growth throughout the story with a mix of cute and frustrating moments. No drama or angst just firey moments.

Kristi
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of sports romance stories, then this is one you don't want to miss out on. It's fun, enjoyable, entertaining, romantic, sexy and so much more. The characters are fun, engaging, so easy to fall in love with and the story line captures you and holds you til the end. A great romance story to get swept up in and escape the craziness of the year 2020 for a bit.

Janice Kellam
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved that Grace didn't let Brock's challenges get the best of her, she always rose to the challenge and flourished (especially in a male-dominated field). Her spirit and humor made me admire her even more.

My only gripes would be that Brock kept his feelings for her under wraps for so long that he made her feel conflicted and like her interest wasn't reciprocated, and of course that there was no nookie until you were at least 90% in to the book.
Grace O'Neal
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy. Smokes! This book was not only super hilarious, but it had me coming back for more! I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster with every twist and turn! Brock made things so hilarious, but in the beginning I really wanted to yell through the book at him. I didn’t want this book to ever end, it was so overwhelming good!! I will definitely be reading more books by Jaqueline Snowe
Amanda
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Title: Internship with the Devil
REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆
I loved this book. Grace works as an intern with Brock. She feels like he hates her and she just wants the experience to further her career. Both heartbreaking stories of the MCs really explained why they acted the way they did. Loved it.

Barbara
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Shut Up and Kiss Me series a well written story that held my interest until the end. Grace Turner and Ex-NFL player Brock Anderson's story, both have lost someone special in their lives. I enjoyed seeing this story come together. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Deb
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A likable female character has to deal with a not so likable boss. The author seeps in little tidbits of why he acts the way he does which helped me to understand him better. I liked her strength in the face of his demands. I also loved that the author didn’t allow her supporting cast or the male lead to speak down to her or degrade her in any way. That was so very much appreciated.
Ashleigh
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super Sweet Story!

The writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story, I found myself in love with not only the characters but also the world that was created.

The descriptions of the characters and their feelings are so involved, you can truly picture it in your mind.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.

• Painting the Lines (Ace of Hearts, #1)
  • The Right Player
  • Testing the Waters
  • Dating Disaster with a Billionaire (Blue Ridge Mountain Billionaires, #1)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • Taming of the Rake (The Gentleman Courtesans Book 4)
  • Keep Her Close (Bacelli Crime Family, 1)
  • Love at First Fight
  • Paging Dr. Hook Up: A Swoony Romantic Comedy & Passport 2 Love collaboration
  • You’re the Reason
  • Hate Thy Neighbor
  • Intrigued By Love (Written in the Stars #5)
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Night Justice
  • Troublemaker
  • Thread and Dead (Apron Shop #2)
  • On His Face
  • Beautiful Defiance
Jaqueline Snowe lives in Arizona where the "dry heat" really isn't that bad. She prefers drinking coffee all hours of the day and snacking on anything that has peanut butter or chocolate. She is the mother to two fur-babies who don’t realize they aren’t humans and a new mom to the sweetest baby boy. She is an avid reader and writer of romances and tends to write about athletes. Her husband works f ...more