Start by marking “A Garden to Die For (The Coffee House Sleuths, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Garden to Die For (The Coffee House Sleuths, #1)

A Garden to Die For

(The Coffee House Sleuths #1)

Published April 15th 2020 by Twisted Key Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Garden to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Garden to Die For

Start your review of A Garden to Die For (The Coffee House Sleuths, #1)
Tari
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-ku
I really enjoyed this borrow from Kindle Unlimited. Michael's a great character, and I love the banter and humor going on with him and his best friends Olivia and Ellie who run a coffee shop. I think he has eyes for Ellie, and the same with her. They made good sleuthing buddies. This was one crazy mystery that had some good twists to it. When I read in the Amazon description that Michael's character was a lot like Richard Castle, well I couldn't get that out of my mind so guess who I pictured hi ...more
Lori
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Karin
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It starts with Kudzu and ends with Green Jell-O!!! In between is a finger with a ring and lots of cars and… Well, this is supposed to be a review not a reveal, so let me begin!!! I enjoyed the story and recommend the book.
Tanya
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He has finally found the place to be happy and he is even working on his first book. Then a dead body appears in his garden and he becomes the prime suspect. Now everything is in danger and it becomes worse when a second body appears. Will he prove he is innocent? Will his life ever be the same again? See just how he gets on

Stephen Knight
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced fun story about an amateur sleuth named Michael and his two best friends Ellie and Olivia. Michael has moved to a small town named Lana Cove from Boston. Right away, he becomes the main suspect in a murder investigation. The three friends work together to clear Michael's name and to catch the actual murderer. I absolutely loved this book and am looking for the next in this series. ...more
Jodi Sweet
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a funny cozy! Michael, Ellie and Olivia have the greatest sense of humor and the offbeat jokes and one liners are too much! The bad guys were just everywhere and one was going after the other, it was crazy! Lots of fun and I recommend reading this one.

Amy Johnson
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quirky characters, wholesome fun, good humor, and surprising twists and turns make this an entertaining kickoff to a new mystery series! An easy read, with likable characters who go on some outrageous adventures. Highly recommend!
Fleur
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Michael is an absolute hoot with his terrible one liners and finding a dead body in his backyard doesn't help him while he is trying to be accepted into his new home town of Lana Cover where the townsfolk are fun and quirky and don't like outsiders. When things start to go from bad to worse he decides he needs to find out whats going on so with the help of his good friends Ellie and Olivia who run a cafe that I very much want to visit they work together to solve the mystery. It was great how Ell ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
This was a cozy mystery with obnoxious, corny humor, a divorced would be author, and left me with a few questions. It did have a completed mystery ending.

Written as a 3rd person, single pov with a story completed ending. This is book 1 of the series. I could not become emotionally attached to the characters. They were entertaining, but didn't have a lot of depth to them. Maybe in the future books, we'll get to know more about the characters and can become more invested in them.

Would I recommend
Claudia
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael retired after an ugly divorce to Lana Cove, a quiet little town and bought a house there. When he tackles a Kudzu plant in his garden, he is shocked to find a human finger and calls the police. This leads to some crazy activities around him and his house. Trying to figure out, who the body was and what seems to be still hidden in his house, keeps him and his new friends from the Bitter Sweet Café on their toes.
A nice, fast paced cozy, with Michael being quite an unusual character, bringi
reader 1085
3 1/2 stars. Writer Michael, a Magnum P.I. wanna be, Olivia and Ellie get involved in murder. It all gets resolved but not everything is clear. How did all the main characters meet and become such good friends. Some loose threads need tightening. Fun , easy read with corny jokes. Will read more by this author.

Dorothy  Scott
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael West is a mess after his divorce. He quit his job to start fresh as a writer, however, finding a body in his back yard gives him first hand experience as a prime suspect. Michael is an enjoyable character, tempered by his friends Olivia and Ellie. I would certainly read this series further.

Alison Humphries
Lisa
Aug 03, 2020
Demaris Way
Aug 13, 2020

• The Silent Quarry (DI Winter Meadows, #1)
  • The Bennett Sisters Mysteries Vol 1-4
  • My Utmost for His Highest
  • Kiss 'N Tell (Cottage at Gooseberry Bay #4)
  • The House Guest
  • Blackfriars Gate: A DCI Shaftoe Mystery
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic #1)
  • Bells, Tails & Murder: A Cozy English Animal Mystery (A Dickens & Christie Mystery #1)
  • The Nick Lawrence Series (Nick Lawrence #1-3)
  • The Sweet Taste of Murder (Angel Lake Mystery #1)
  • Survival of the Fritters (Deputy Donut Mystery #1)
  • The Truffle with Weddings (Annabelle Archer #10)
  • Worst Race Scenario (Sweetfern Harbor #18)
  • The Case of the Missing Letter (Inspector David Graham #5)
  • The Nanny's Secret
  • A Blooms, Bones and Stones Cozy Mystery Boxed Set Books 1 to 6
  • Sight in the Dark
  • Lattes and Spirits (Welsh Witch #1)
You can blame my 7th grade English teacher, Mr. Ownby. I began writing mysteries in middle school, with gripping titles like, The Secret in the Swamp and The Ghost of Hollow Lake—Mr. Ownby, would kindly read them, and then encourage me to keep writing and reading the classics. His words, "Some day I'll be reading your mysteries with the rest of the world," inspired me.

Forty years later, I was able

The Coffee House Sleuths (2 books)
  • A Mummy to Die For (The Coffee House Sleuths, #2)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...