Start by marking “Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)” as Want to Read:
Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)

Brothersong

(Green Creek #4)

In the ruins of Caswell, Maine, Carter Bennett learned the truth of what had been right in front of him the entire time. And then it—he—was gone.

Desperate for answers, Carter takes to the road, leaving family and the safety of his pack behind, all in the name of a man he only knows as a feral wolf. But therein lies the danger: wolves are pack animals, and the longer Carte
Published October 13th 2020 by BOATK Books

To ask other readers questions about Brothersong, please sign up.

Start your review of Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)
T.J.
Dec 11, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Updated October 13, 2020

Welcome to the end.

This isn't going to go how you think.

At long last, Brothersong is out! Reminder: the audio comes out October 27.

Buy links:

Amazon Ebook/Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/Brothersong-Gr...

Other Sellers: https://books2read.com/u/mYp5Jp

Audio (Available October 27): https://tantor.com/brothersong-tj-klu...
chai ♡
read the green creek series, they said. it’s about gay witches & werewolves, they said. it’s fun, they said. it will oppress your heart with sadness & you have to wait until october for the last book to come out, THEY ALL CONVENIENTLY FORGOT TO MENTION ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*2.5 stars*

This is an extremely difficult review for me to write, so much so that I don't even want to do it. I mean, did being in quarantine during Covid break my brain? How could I not love the final book in the Green Creek series?? I feel like crying right now, and it's not from the emotional ending to Brothersong.

Brothersong has a sea of positive, raving reviews from my friends, and I got warnings about you'll be crying your eyes out!, but I finished the book feeling, well, like nothing muc
Christy
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars

68A9257D_A77E_4881_9852_C6398BEF2436_IMG_8314
“Protect your brothers with everything you have.”

From the moment I started 'Wolfsong', I knew this series would be something special. I've loved every one of these books and I'm sad to see the Green Creek series coming to an end. The Bennett Pack is one of my favorite fictional families. I love the brothers, Elizabeth, and the rest of the family they've found.

Carter Bennett is the oldest of the Bennett brothers and I couldn't wait to get to his and Gavin's story. Cart
Sanaa
Sep 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
My emotions while I wait not so patiently for Carter's book:

Hollis
When I tell you this book made me cry a lot.. I don't think that is going to come across in a way that you'll understand until you read this book. I shed tears, I wept, I held back sobs. Over and over again. I don't know what it is about this author and his ability to wreck me (us) with his words but oh god. Prepare youself for devastation, for beauty, for heartbreak, for healing, for sadness, for quiet moments.. everything.

We weren't Ox and Joe. Or Kelly and Robbie. Or even Gordo and Mark, thou
katia ☾ ⭒꙳
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love ravensong. I LOVE ravensong. I've read it like 6 times, I've memorized a lot of quotes from it, Gordo is everything to me, it's one of my favorite books ever. I'm saying this to make it clear that when I say this book is a close second on this series for me, I mean I liked it, a lot, like a lot a lot. Also when I say I hold the Livingstone brothers almost as equals, I think Gavin is so very precious.

When I started reading it, it ruined everything else in my life, cause I couldn't stop. Sl
Lauren Lanz
“That’s the point, I think. We love because we can. We live because we’ve fought too hard to ever stop. And here we are, you and me. Together.

I find that I lose proper articulation when it comes to my favourite series. The reading experience is special, and often cannot be described in words but rather feelings.
It’s fitting that Wolfsong, my entryway into Green Creek, was the first book I read this decade. It was the start of a profound love for the found family and endless heart within the Be
Amanda
Shelves: favorites
Green Creek is one of my favorite series of all time and TJ Klune is my favorite author so I was really excited about this book. And a bit sad because I’d have to say goodbye to these amazing characters. But mostly excited, I still can’t believe I got to read this. I was dying to have a whole book from a Bennett’s POV and Carter is my favorite Bennett so I was literally in heaven.

Brothersong follows the events right after Heartsong, so of course you have to read the previous books in order to re
Flor
Shelves: 2020, my-favorites
I’ve been emotionally drained.

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book from the one and only T J Klune, thank you so much, I feel so lucky.

Can I just start by just saying wow? Because honestly WOW. What a ride that was. What an overwhelming experience. I could have been bawling by eyes out and at the next page I was hysterically laughing, truly an emotional rollercoaster that left me feeling nothing, because I gave my all to this book, all my emotions stayed there and a piece of me will
Santy
So...I'm sitting here after reading this EPIC book and wondering how I'm going to put into words all the emotions I'm currently feeling. This Book. These Characters. This Series. This STORY.

It took me through the wringer and left me hollowed sometimes. But, even at the lowest of lows, when I thought I couldn't read on, this mad genius of an author sprinkled enough heart, love and humour to give me the courage to take just one more step, read one more line and flip one more page till I got to th
Sophia Triad
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
On December 17, 2019, the saga of the Bennett pack comes to an end,
as the sins of the fathers fall to the shoulders of their sons.

The book by Carter's point of view
Ariana
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,75 stars

I was charmed and amazed when I read Wolfsong. It will remain one of my top favourite books of all time.
I was riveted and torn apart by Ravensong.
I suffered and rejoiced with the Bennetts and Kelly and Robbie in Heartsong.
And then I waited for a very long time for this final part in the Green Creek saga.

Was it worth that wait?
All in all – yes.

Many things that happened in the past, some of which were never talked about are cleared up and resolved here. People talk with open hearts and
Leo
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Brothersong's release date might be pushed to August 2020 depending on Heartsong's publication. Please check TJ Klune'stwitter for further updates.
___________

2 June 2019 update:
I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE FROM CARTER'S POINT OF VIEW AND TO ALL OF THOSE WHO DOUBTED ME PAYBACK IS A RICHARD COLLINS
Did you see that cover?!?!?!?! TJ KLUNE YOU SLY, EVIL, AMAZING AUTHOR ♡♡.

Brothersong cover reveal

Go and look at that beauty so that we can all cry together.
_____

Am I the only one who’s hoping Brothersong w
Paula (lovebookscl)
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
The Arc of this book was provided by the author. (English/Español)

Are you ready for this? Because I'm not. As you can see from my score, this was not the book for me. But I don't think it's a disaster either. Brothersong has a suitable ending for Green Creek, it’s not a bad ending but not spectacular either. I can calmly say goodbye to the wolves, but there are things I prefer not to think about this book

I am used to reading series (I love it). For me closing these types of stories is nothing ne
Laybe Escalante
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-books-2020
The ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

When I found Green Creek, I found a home, I found a family that loves each other unconditionally and that would give everything for each other, that laughs, suffers, survives and howls together, never letting the world hide their songs. But the end came, and if I felt ready, of course not.
🐾
▪︎My expectations with this book were high, because every book in this series has been incredibly well written, and they all made me feel lik
Javi reads and reads and reads
EDIT: ACTUAL REVIEW
..................
3 stars

So, here I am once again. It really hit me today when I was going to start writing this review and I saw the "Green Creek #4". This has to be one of the most difficult reviews to write because one, we are talking about my favorite series, and two, this is THE most anticipated book for me this year, so believe me when I say that I'm bleeding right now.

Brothersong continues the story as we left it in Heartsong; Carter is following a dumb and self-sacrifi
Sam Erin
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

This is the hardest thing I think I’ve ever had to write – and I had to review history textbooks in undergrad and write admission essays for grad school. But not being able to give the last book in the Green Creek series more than 2.5 stars is by far harder than any of that.

Let me start this off with my relationship with the series. I found this series shortly after Heartsong came out. I was in a place where I desperately needed something new in my life. Green Creek (and the Klunatics i
Andrea
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters, m-m
Why was this kind of underwhelming?

I’m actually super sad right now because I don’t have that usual feeling I do after I read a book in this series.

First off, there were a lot of time jumps in this book, and it was hard to tell where we were. The fact that there’s no label or page break to let you know you’ve left the present has always been an issue in this series. I’ll admit it took me out of the story a bit since I had to keep reminding myself where and when we were.

Second, and this is the on
Jennifer Marie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5/5 stars

I’m conflicted in how I feel about this book. I can’t tell if my expectations were too high, or… something else? I loved the first 10% of this book and the last 20% of this book, and then the 70% in the middle felt like the most unpleasant kind of roller coaster—like the one that jerks you around too fast and hurts you as it does.

Overall:
This book upset me. If it wasn’t the final book of Green Creek, I would have given up on reading it before I reached the halfway mark. The
Lucia
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this book 5 stars to balance its rating, because the book is not even out, there are no ARCs available, so I really don't understand why someone would give this book such low ratings just out of spite!
What is your problem people?! Like, seriously. At least try and read the book before judging it.
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
I am very very emo that this series has now come to an end but at least it ended wonderfully.

There really isn't much to say without spoiling stuff, so for now I would say the main relationship in this book is my 2nd fave out of the series. I cried ... like an ugly amount LOL. And TJ Klune loves to cause his readers Pain :)

Definitely going to actually review this one closer to release date!
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations and it breaks my heart tbh. This series is one I grew to love (after feeling really conflicted about the first book) but Brothersong left me cold and it makes me want to cry a little bit?

Question : Were Carter and Gavin the MCs of their own story? In my opinion they were not. They were robbed.

Of course I love Joe, Ox, Gordo, Mark, Kelly, Robbie... But come on, they got their own books already! I was never invested in Carter's and Gavin's love story. N
Alex
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Español/English.

🐾 english 🐾

The ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much TJ 😍.

How do you start a review what possibly is your favorite book of the year? Cause this is what this book is for me. This book means LoveHopeHome for me ❤.

I don't know what I expected this book to be but it was 10 TIMES BETTER THAN I THOUGHT 😍. TJ always makes me feel everything in his books. One moment I was being the happiest person and a second later I could be sobbing and sayi
Bev
So...that's it, the end/finale of the Green Creek series 😕. Yes, I liked but not loved it; tbh, if anything it was a tad underwhelming...but that's on me, my expectations were probably set a little too high 🙄. As some other reviewers have also said, there wasn't enough Carter/Gavin time in the story for me, and obviously everyone would've gone after TJ with pitchforks if one of the most popular characters in the series had been killed off before their HEA. As it is, I thought my fave character's ...more
Emma
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25/5 Stars

Me thinking about the fact that this was the last time I got to see these stupid werewolves

What can I even say you guys? I don’t want to spoil anyone so I just want to tell you that I enjoyed this ending, it was fitting and it gave me closure. This book is from Carter’s POV, I’ve always found him very funny and this self-sacrificing and stubborn man just proved once again how amazing he is! And don’t get me started on Gavin cause I don’t even have the words to express my feelings.
Thi
Lea
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best Finales I’ve ever read. I cried like 32 times. It was heartbreaking and nostalgic and funny and sad and exciting and sweet and everything you expect from a Tj Klune series finale. Gavin and Carter are the best pairing ever. Carter, Kelly, and Joe have the most beautiful relationship between siblings I know. This book was perfect and everything I hoped for.
michaela ⚘
Shelves: m-m, arc, 2020, favorites
Oh...my eyes are so puffy right now. Review to come very soon.
Renée
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mia Sciberras
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grab hold of everything you hold dear... you're about to go on one hell of a ride!

#betareader

• Surrender Your Sons
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • A Neon Darkness (The Bright Sessions, #2)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • Feathers and Fur (Brac Pack Next Gen #6)
  • Silk Room (Brac Pack Next Gen #8)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
  • Axios: A Spartan Tale
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • The Summer of Everything
  • The Friend Scheme
  • Fence: Striking Distance
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories.

Green Creek (4 books)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)

Articles featuring this book