Start by marking “Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)” as Want to Read:
Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)

Brothersong

(Green Creek #4)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  10,066 ratings  ·  2,202 reviews
In the ruins of Caswell, Maine, Carter Bennett learned the truth of what had been right in front of him the entire time. And then it—he—was gone.

Desperate for answers, Carter takes to the road, leaving family and the safety of his pack behind, all in the name of a man he only knows as a feral wolf. But therein lies the danger: wolves are pack animals, and the longer Carte
Published October 13th 2020 by BOATK Books

To ask other readers questions about Brothersong, please sign up.
Archita Mitra The clan extended beyond just the brothers - like Joshua, as they keep claiming he is a Bennett. The bloodline ends with them, but they might always a…moreThe clan extended beyond just the brothers - like Joshua, as they keep claiming he is a Bennett. The bloodline ends with them, but they might always adopt, like Alpha Sarah in the last book, and pass on the name through them. (less)

·  10,066 ratings  ·  2,202 reviews

Start your review of Brothersong (Green Creek, #4)
T.J.
Dec 11, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Updated October 13, 2020

Welcome to the end.

This isn't going to go how you think.

At long last, Brothersong is out! Reminder: the audio comes out October 27.

Buy links:

Amazon Ebook/Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/Brothersong-Gr...

Other Sellers: https://books2read.com/u/mYp5Jp

Audio (Available October 27): https://tantor.com/brothersong-tj-klu...
chai ♡
read the green creek series, they said. it’s about gay witches & werewolves, they said. it’s fun, they said. it will oppress your heart with sadness & you have to wait until october for the last book to come out, THEY ALL CONVENIENTLY FORGOT TO MENTION
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*2.5 stars*

This is an extremely difficult review for me to write, so much so that I don't even want to do it. I mean, did being in quarantine during Covid break my brain? How could I not love the final book in the Green Creek series?? I feel like crying right now, and it's not from the emotional ending to Brothersong.

Brothersong has a sea of positive, raving reviews from my friends, and I got warnings about you'll be crying your eyes out!, but I finished the book feeling, well, like nothing muc
Christy
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

68A9257D_A77E_4881_9852_C6398BEF2436_IMG_8314
“Protect your brothers with everything you have.”

From the moment I started 'Wolfsong', I knew this series would be something special. I've loved every one of these books and I'm sad to see the Green Creek series coming to an end. The Bennett Pack is one of my favorite fictional families. I love the brothers, Elizabeth, and the rest of the family they've found.

Carter Bennett is the oldest of the Bennett brothers and I couldn't wait to get to his and Gavin's story. Cart
☆ Todd
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

Much to my disappointment, I liked, but didn't completely love this looooooong-awaited, final installment of the "Green Creek" series. :- /

I did love Carter's usually-clueless brand of humor and Gavin's ever-present snark and wit, however, when it came down to their feelings, those came across as more best friends than being "truly in love" with one another, for me at least.

Then when the story was trying to elicit deep feelings of nostalgia for all that they'd been through, what had come before,
Jilly
I can't believe this. I've never disliked a TJ Klune book. Ever. This one has rave reviews everywhere AND is a series that I have really loved. I feel like I know the characters. And yet, here we are. Thanks a lot 2020.

Yeah, it's like this series decided to give itself bangs.

So what was wrong?
It was like reading someone's dream journal for the first part of the book. Rambling, disjointed, but also very repetitive. My desire to read someone's dream journal is probably only above my desire to Don
moonlight ☾ [semi-hiatus]
my heart genuinely hurts having to say “goodbye” to this universe and its characters. i’ve grown attached to everyone (the good ones, to be specific) in this series and i just want more from this world. it’s the way this is the longest book in the series, but it’s not enough for me. 😩

❝I am,❞ he agreed. ❝But that’s not what’s important.❞ He stopped under a large oak tree. ❝It’s about the heart that beats in your chest. And you’ve got a great heart, Carter, one that beats so strongly that I think
tappkalina
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
This is the moment I hate the most Goodreads doesn't let me give a half star.

For me 4 star means I was emotional and cried and see myself reading that book again. 5 star means I'm destroyed beyond reapair and will never be the same. It's for the books that changed my life. Which is Wolfsong, the first one in this series. Almost nothing can top that book.

But I'm a character driven reader. I would give 4 stars for literally anything with these characters in it - and written with this magical st
Sanaa
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020, paranormal
4.25 stars.

The rusty, broken sound crawled up from his throat, and he was huffing out his nose, but he was smiling, and I understood then what Joe had seen in Ox, why Gordo and Mark were always going to find their way back to each other, why Kelly never stopped searching for Robbie.

My freaking heart man. I swear. Klune is probably the only author who can ruin my heart and put it back together. I'm so sad this series is over.

Like always with this authors books, this review will be super vag
Wendys Wycked Words
I am gonna be honest and say that this one didn't blow me away like all the others in the series did.. which is kind of disappointing because Carter has always been my favorite.

I could have done with a bit more Carter and Gavin time. I think there was just too much focus on other characters, like Thomas Bennett and Livingstone.

I was already confused after reading the first page and all the time jumps did not alleviate my confusion.

I am gonna go with 3,5 stars for this one and those are mostly
Lauren Lanz
“That’s the point, I think. We love because we can. We live because we’ve fought too hard to ever stop. And here we are, you and me. Together.

I find that I lose proper articulation when it comes to my favourite series. The reading experience is special, and often cannot be described in words but rather feelings.
It’s fitting that Wolfsong, my entryway into Green Creek, was the first book I read this decade. It was the start of a profound love for the found family and endless heart within the Be
h o l l i s
When I tell you this book made me cry a lot.. I don't think that is going to come across in a way that you'll understand until you read this book. I shed tears, I wept, I held back sobs. Over and over again. I don't know what it is about this author and his ability to wreck me (us) with his words but oh god. Prepare youself for devastation, for beauty, for heartbreak, for healing, for sadness, for quiet moments.. everything.

We weren't Ox and Joe. Or Kelly and Robbie. Or even Gordo and Mark, thou
Amanda
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Green Creek is one of my favorite series of all time and TJ Klune is my favorite author so I was really excited about this book. And a bit sad because I’d have to say goodbye to these amazing characters. But mostly excited, I still can’t believe I got to read this. I was dying to have a whole book from a Bennett’s POV and Carter is my favorite Bennett so I was literally in heaven.

Brothersong follows the events right after Heartsong, so of course you have to read the previous books in order to re
kat ☾ ⭒꙳
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love ravensong. I LOVE ravensong. I've read it like 6 times, I've memorized a lot of quotes from it, Gordo is everything to me, it's one of my favorite books ever. I'm saying this to make it clear that when I say this book is a close second on this series for me, I mean I liked it, a lot, like a lot a lot. Also when I say I hold the Livingstone brothers almost as equals, I think Gavin is so very precious.

When I started reading it, it ruined everything else in my life, cause I couldn't stop. Sl
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations and it breaks my heart tbh. This series is one I grew to love (after feeling really conflicted about the first book) but Brothersong left me cold and it makes me want to cry a little bit?

Question : Were Carter and Gavin the MCs of their own story? In my opinion they were not. They were robbed.

Of course I love Joe, Ox, Gordo, Mark, Kelly, Robbie... But come on, they got their own books already! I was never invested in Carter's and Gavin's love story. N
Simone - on indefinite hiatus  -
Our songs will always be heard

Bear with me, I'm writing this under influence... Hey now, it's not what you think. Actually, it's probably worse...

Mystical. Moon. Magic.

Yep, it's a thing and I'm the living proof. Let me tell you it works like a charm. Every. Single. Time.

The whole series took me on an incredible and epic journey I will never forget, with Brothersong being the... well, I won't say highlight since I loved every love story - all unique in their own way - but the perfect conclusi
Snjez
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, mm-paranormal

This one was hard to rate. There were parts of the story that I enjoyed so much I didn't want to put it down. But there were also parts that dragged for me to the point that I wanted to start skimming.

I loved Gavin and Carter. I loved their dynamics and their banter. I only wish there was more relationship development between them, because it happens pretty late in the story. I also really liked Gavin's relationship with other characters.

Another favourite part of this book, and the who
Meggie
”When the moon is full and bright and you’re singing for all the world to hear, I’ll be looking up at the same moon, and I’ll be singing right back to you. For you. Always you.”

This final book in the series: 5 STARS

Series: 5 STARS (I haven’t read Feralsong or Lovesong yet, but since they’re just short stories, they don’t really count)

So, here’s the thing:

People that haven’t read ANY books in this series just want to know if it is worth reading. It is.

People that have read only SOME of the books
Santy
So...I'm sitting here after reading this EPIC book and wondering how I'm going to put into words all the emotions I'm currently feeling. This Book. These Characters. This Series. This STORY.

It took me through the wringer and left me hollowed sometimes. But, even at the lowest of lows, when I thought I couldn't read on, this mad genius of an author sprinkled enough heart, love and humour to give me the courage to take just one more step, read one more line and flip one more page till I got to th
Ariana  (mostly offline)
3,75 stars

I was charmed and amazed when I read Wolfsong. It will remain one of my top favourite books of all time.
I was riveted and torn apart by Ravensong.
I suffered and rejoiced with the Bennetts and Kelly and Robbie in Heartsong.
And then I waited for a very long time for this final part in the Green Creek saga.

Was it worth that wait?
All in all – yes.

Many things that happened in the past, some of which were never talked about are cleared up and resolved here. People talk with open hearts and
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

Okay, I never thought I’d say this about a Green Creek book but…. I DID NOT LOVE THIS BOOK.

I loved Wolfsong, it’s one of my all time favorite books ever. And books 2 and 3 I loved. But this book failed to give me the feels that I am accustomed to with a Klune book. I’ve noticed his more recent books don’t fo it for me like his previous books. Maybe it’s just me. There were a few sweet moments and a few really funny ones. But overall this book was wayyy too long. If it hadn’t been a Klu
Loulou
Relisten #3
Thump Thump Thump.

Relisten #2. Just as amazing.
And yes, I read out of order, I couldn't help it.
I had goosebumps through the whole audio and cried just as much. TJ you asshole.

ALL THE STARS!

Title: Brothersong (Green Creek #4) by TJ Tj Klune
Audiobook narrated by Kirt Graves

****Spoiler Free Rec****
**** Highly Recommended Endings****
It went like this….
Why read this book:
1. The characters:
Carter: the big brother, the protector, the second to the Alpha of All. Searching for what w
Chelsea

Heartsong ★★★★ 1/4
Feralsong ★★★ 1/2
Lovesong II ★★★★
Brothersong ★★★★ 1/2

I am gonna be honest, I always wanted to read this series but always found an excuse to put off reading it. After reading and really loving The House in the Cerulean Sea, I was convinced tha
Flor
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I’ve been emotionally drained.

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book from the one and only T J Klune, thank you so much, I feel so lucky.

Can I just start by just saying wow? Because honestly WOW. What a ride that was. What an overwhelming experience. I could have been bawling by eyes out and at the next page I was hysterically laughing, truly an emotional rollercoaster that left me feeling nothing, because I gave my all to this book, all my emotions stayed there and a piece of me will
Marci
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
oh. oh wow. i don't have much to say other than this book tore me in half and stitched me back up together. i was either sobbing, screaming or saying "aww." probably all within the same chapter. another book to add to my nonexistent "this. this right here...is love shelf." 💗

Gavin was weirdly shy when he shoved a package in my lap. He glowered at me when I thanked him. “Open it first,” he muttered. “Stupid Carter.” I did. Everyone pretended to be distracted by something else, giving us the ill
Javi reads and reads and reads
EDIT: ACTUAL REVIEW
..................
3 stars

So, here I am once again. It really hit me today when I was going to start writing this review and I saw the "Green Creek #4". This has to be one of the most difficult reviews to write because one, we are talking about my favorite series, and two, this is THE most anticipated book for me this year, so believe me when I say that I'm bleeding right now.

Brothersong continues the story as we left it in Heartsong; Carter is following a dumb and self-sacrifi
Ms. Smartarse
It's now finally Carter's turn to mope, and he does so using a weird mix of hallucination, humorous banter as well as a healthy(?) dose of gay panic.

He goes on a trip, gets lost, then finds his way again courtesy of the mystic moon magic connection (he will be murdering Jessie later on, for coining the term), battles turning omega, then his growing feelings for his mate, but eventually - in true Bennett fashion -things turn out well-enough. Just in time for the final show down..
But by then we
Diana
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I finished this one last night, and I am honestly really struggling with the ending. Don't get me wrong, I understand it, but I am not happy about it. I am going to go back at some point and listen to the last few hours, hopefully that will help. For now, I am going with 3.5 stars.

Kirt Graves did a fantastic job as the narrator. Such different voices, from Boston Robbie to Rico and I can't forget Gavin. So sweet!

I'll be back when I can gather my thoughts.
Sandra Hoover
I have so much love for this series! It's been an amazing journey that I hate to see end with Brothersong. I like that this final book includes a lot of the past to remind readers where it all began and how these characters got to this point, but I felt the first half of Brothersong moved too slow. Maybe a little too much rehashing the old while I was anxious to get to the now. I'm happy to say the pace picked up and the second half of this story is amazing . . . an explosive conclusion to one o ...more

• Surrender Your Sons
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • A Neon Darkness (The Bright Sessions, #2)
  • Feathers and Fur (Brac Pack Next Gen #6)
  • Silk Room (Brac Pack Next Gen #8)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
  • Axios: A Spartan Tale
  • The Summer of Everything
  • The Friend Scheme
  • Credence
  • Inappropriate
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • There Are Things I Can't Tell You
  • The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Outmatched
  • The Summer Palace and Other Stories (Captive Prince Short Stories #1-4)
See top shelves…
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories. ...more

Green Creek (4 books)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Heartsong (Green Creek, #3)

Articles featuring this book

“We must remember to say what’s in our hearts aloud because we can never know if it’ll be the last time we’ll ever get the chance.” 19 likes
“It was warm like a summer day. It was candy canes and pinecones, it was epic and awesome, it was dirt and leaves and rain, it was grass and lake water and sunshine.

It was a forest so alive, so untouched.”
9 likes