Start by marking “A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)

A Touch of Ruin

(Hades & Persephone #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  14,973 ratings  ·  1,440 reviews
Persephone’s relationship with Hades has gone public and the resulting media storm disrupts her normal life and threatens to expose her as the Goddess of Spring.

Hades, God of the Dead, is burdened by a hellish past that everyone’s eager to expose in an effort to warn Persephone away.

Things only get worse when a horrible tragedy leaves Persephone’s heart in ruin and Hades
Published April 23rd 2020 by Scarlett St. Clair (first published April 22nd 2020)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Ruin, please sign up.
kimchikingreads According to the author's Instagram, the book is scheduled to be released on 23rd April 2020! :)…moreAccording to the author's Instagram, the book is scheduled to be released on 23rd April 2020! :)(less)
Ani Yeager Yes, most definitely! A lot of juicy stuff happens within the last 15% of book 2 that would lead to a bunch of confusion in book 3 if you didn’t read …moreYes, most definitely! A lot of juicy stuff happens within the last 15% of book 2 that would lead to a bunch of confusion in book 3 if you didn’t read it. I wouldn’t want to miss out on reading it if I were you.(less)

·  14,973 ratings  ·  1,440 reviews

Start your review of A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
Helena Paris
I…what was even the POINT of this book??? Over and over, it was one step forward, two – no, THREE – steps back! I’ve never seen a set of characters make the SAME BLOODY MISTAKES again and again and again, yet NEVER LEARN FROM THEM.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t think that sex solves ALL relationship problems. Relationships built solely on passion burn out fast. There has to be more to it for it to last in the long-term (and everyone operates under the assumption that their marriage is inev
jessica
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not as good as the first book, but still enjoyable overall. i was wondering if the novelty of hades and persephone was wearing off, but then i realised the parts i didnt like about this only had to do with persephone alone.

when persephone is shown in a positive light, shes an excellent character. but wow, she does a lot of stupid things and honestly her mistakes make her insufferable. i feel like she was running to hecate every other chapter saying, ‘i messed up.’ the constant back and forth wa
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
#1 A Touch of Darkness — 3 Stars
#2 A Touch of Ruin — 2 Stars

What did Hades do to deserve this?

I’m not saying it dreamily like I can’t believe how perfect they are for each other, and I’m in awe. I’m saying it in deep sympathy because Persephone in this book reallyyy didn’t deserve Hades. Seriously, she should be ashamed of herself. This was a disgrace to the original Hades & Persephone myth.

So, the deal is that Persephone was struggling to navigate her new relationship with Hades. There was the
☘ Lily ☘
I only have one question at the end of this book.

What the fuck happened to you, Persephone?

I feel like this whole book was one giant mess. After reading book 1 and loving it and gave it 5 stars even, I wondered what the hell happened to the characters in this book. Mainly Persephone. I struggled each chapters to get to the end and it was arduous. I feel like the conclusion or the development they got from book 1 got swiped clean and now they have to build it up.

I'm trying to see it in a more l
• Lindsey Dahling •
WELL. Time for me to have yet another unpopular opinion because I thought this book was better than the first one. 😂 I’m even able to tell you why.

1. Persephone’s love language is definitely words of affirmation.
And so is mine. So I, too, know what it’s like to be an insecure idiot if I’m not constantly reassured. Unfortunately, it would seem Hades’s love language is physical touch, so these two do a terrible job of being clear on their feelings. Makes for great tension (see: item 2).

2. Jealousy
human
As I had written in my review of the first book, I wasn't going to read this.

But for some horrible reason, I made a huge mistake, read this, and true to my word, hated it as much as I had expected.

This book was trashy and just plain bad. As far as the plot went, there was none (unless you count pining and oh-no-i've-ruined-everything-so-instead-of-trying-to-problem-solve-i'm-just-going-to-ignore-everything-until-my-problems-magically-go-away-or-resentment-festers-like-an-open-wound, in which ca
KJ Holliday
Jan 19, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book will go down in history as the worst sequel in the history of the universe. What in the hell did I just read?

I genuinely enjoyed the first book. I really really did. But where the first books conflict had to do with Persephone facing her mother, her own powers, Adonis, and the deal with Hades, the second book has one plot point.

Persephone being a literal child.

I've never seen a person regress so badly. She is the most vapid, narcissistic, selfish, childish character I've ever read abou
Sentranced Jem
Annnnnd I read book 2 only because I like Hades and Hermes.

But I may have skipped a LOT of pages
✨Kayla of The Court Of Dreams✨
I loved this one! Even more than the first, I guess I’m apart of the minority in that. Persephone did annoy me at times with her immaturity and constantly whining “I’m making the biggest mistakes”. Realizing it and yet she keeps adding to the list. 😂 I love Hades but our dark god kept digging himself Into some deep holes because Seph was right. No he doesn’t need to come clean about all his sins.... but at least the present ones!!

I love Hermès he’s definitely one of my favorites :)

I also ended
Emily
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off these books are so addictive I can’t help but want to read them all as quickly as possible. I really enjoyed learning more about some of the Gods in this book & watching Persephone grow as a character. However I hate the lack of communication between her and hades, miscommunication is my most hated trope and I hated that it was used but I couldn’t put the book down.
Precious ✨
This turned into a 3 star read all because of Persephone. The next book she better mature or it’s a wrap. She was hypocritical, immature, and flat out whiny. I know it sounds rough but honestly with the first book having so much promise it really disappointed me. I don’t want this series to fall to the wayside. Hermès and Hecate really saved this story. Hades wasn’t present as much as I wanted. Turns out though that there’s a parallel series from Hades POV? And he’s purposefully gone because of ...more
bee ʚïɞ
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
four point five stars ∗ y’all i did not realize that this book came out last month and that the final book is set to come out next YEAR 😭 i really played myself, huh?

anywho, i was kinda nervous to pick this up because i felt like the first book kinda wrapped things up nicely (also i was nervous just because sequels have a reputation for not being as good as the first). i had some inkling as to what this book might cover in terms of persephone’s relationship with hades and her learning how to ha
Tee
May 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
I don’t suppose anyone could tell me what pleasure an author derives in writing a character that is incredibly stupid, emotionally immature and who actively courts death.

Is this supposed to be entertaining? To whom?

Anyway, about 40% in I finished this book. By that I mean, in my head Persephone is dead, along with everyone else 🥴, except Hades.

And in my head, Hades finds himself a real queen who’s smarter, less delusional, more emotionally stable, and a helluva lot more mature than that shit fo
Callie (BeverageandBook)
I loved Hades + Persephone in the first book. This one has less Hades, changes Persephone, and adds in a lot of unnecessary conflict. I should have DNFd early on, but I didn't and here we are. I'm sorry. *wompwompwomp* 1.5/5 ...more
Angie Cox
3 ⭐ Not as good as the first book

"Darling, I would burn this world for you." - Hades

I really had high hopes for A Touch of Ruin, but unfortunately, it fell flat. There were too many things that bothered me. After the first 100 pages, I considered skimming or not finishing the book at all. But I pushed through, and I'm glad I did; it was just difficult.

The best part? Hades. The worst part? Persephone.

Both Hades and Persephone make mistakes in A Touch Of Ruin but Persephone makes A LOT more, and
Malin
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Persephone ruined this book for me tbh
.*•.  ☾ sephia giaracuni  ☾ .•*.
I think the author forgot the only reason we were here for this book/series is because of the smut scenes. The plot is bland and boring, and the same goes for Persephones character which I found extremely annoying and problematic and she acts like a whiney insecure teenager.

I was only here for the Hades and Persephone scenes which were extremely few in this book, and I honestly tried to read it for the plot, but it was boring and I was extremely uninterested in the world which is insane, as how
Hailee
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i enjoyed this one a little more than the first!! this series is SO easy to speed through (which i love) and i really enjoyed the development of a lot of the characters’ relationships. i even cried towards the end 🥺. i’m nervous but excited for the third book to come out!!
Jamie :)
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ok just finished this and found out book 3 isn’t out until MAY?!?!?! You can’t get me attached to Hades and Persephone and than do me like this. Unacceptable. Will be going into hibernation until May.
beth ✨
2.5

I honestly despise Persephone, her character has got to be one of the most annoying in existence 🤔 I swear she got more annoying as the chapters went on.

Hades is okay, the plot is okay which makes it 2.5 stars. It would be better if Persephone was just... not there 🥲
Claire Coker
Mar 14, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
had an out of body experience/crisis multiple times while reading this book
Ambriehl Khalil
Eventually, petty repetitive drama becomes increasingly boring and there is a thing as too much smut, especially when it’s mediocre and shoved in to every possible moment just to add something to the story. The back and forth is just so annoying. I quite liked the first one of this series and I’m still interested and will continue reading them, but in saying that .. I think it’s a problem when the main couple becomes the most boring part of the novel. I was more interested in Persephone’s friend ...more
Monique
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads
★★ for Persephone
★★★★ 3.75 stars for the book
★★★★★ for Hades, Hermes, Hecate and Lexa
🌶️🌶️ for the smut

How is it possible that Persephone became even more annoying than she was in A Touch Of Darkness? I’m basically riding for Hades, Hermes, Hecate and Lexa at this point.

A Touch Of Ruin picks up right where we left off with Hades and Persephone lusting over one another while both try to keep a grips on their respective realms. There is a lot of jealousy and selfish behaviour on Persephone’s part t
Kendra Cusworth
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads

just like the first book, I ate this up. I could not put it down and that resulted in me finishing it in one sitting. I think the first book is a bit stronger than this, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading this.
There is so much bloody drama in this. I think the entire reason I couldn't put this book down was because of the amount of drama that was nonstop. It made it super fun and exciting.

I jump back and forth between loving and hating Persephone. She is such a spit-fire
aly ☆彡
I could enjoy this book more but Persephone really ruined the experience for me. I never disliked a Persephone until this Persephone. Why is she so childish? The way she was reasoning, the way she refused to understand the underworld and their rule. I don't know if it is an attempt to make her appears empowering or badass but I think those efforts just made her more condescending. Can't she just respect the rules of life and how it works? Why does everything have to be special for her own accord ...more
Booksletstalkabout
2.5✨
First of all gonna address the obvious ‘Persephone ruined this book’
I remember reading the first book and really enjoying it. I gave it a 4 star, I still recommend it just pretend its a standalone.
From the start of this book Persephone was annoying, wimpy, bratty,insecure,immature, awful, cruel, revengful, whinny bitch. There I just gave you her character sketch.
I was waiting for it to turn around, for some character growth or something, but it didn't happened..
All throughout the book she ma
Inkslinger
A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone #2) by Scarlett St. Clair

ARC provided by Scarlett St. Clair via Xpresso Book Tours. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | BookBub

"You're leaving us?" Hermes asked. "What happened to sisters before misters?"
Persephone rolled her eyes. "Hermes, in case you haven't noticed, you're a mister."
"I can be a sister!" he argued, more vehemently than she expected.

04-28: 'A Touch of Ruin' is book two in the 'Hades & Persephone' series by Scarlett St. Clair. I have already purchas
Dominique
May 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm... disappointed.

The not good:
Before we start: I do not enjoy tension or conflict that could be resolved if the characters just bleeping talked to each other honestly about their feelings and what they do/do not want. There is a distinct lack of communication and even more miscommunication. I don't enjoy it.

I also found the sex scenes to be rather underwhelming compared to ATOD. They weren't as steamy, and I found them rather suddenly introduced to a situation. The characters are having a co
Justina
1.5 stars* I hated the middle of this book and the main character so much that I nearly gave up on it. The way that the characters interacted made me want to pull out my hair and I hated how misunderstanding after misunderstanding was what drove the plot, it made the characters seem immature and inept. I really don't know if I'll bother continuing with this series. Maybe time will help me forget how infuriating this was. ...more
Meghann | Bookstagrammer
I loved this book just as much if not more than the first one. Again, this is a modern retelling of the Greek Mythology story of Hades and Persephone.

Persephone and Hades relationship has gone public after they make up and are caught kissing in each other’s arms in the middle of the street. Now that they are under the public eye, everyone wants a piece of Persephone and she finds herself overwhelmed often which causes her magic to go haywire.

After a tragedy happens and Hades refuses to help her

• Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • The Crucible
  • Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)
  • Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
  • Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #2)
  • Dirty Billionaire
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #1)
  • The Players (Bad Romance #4)
  • The Leader (Bad Romance #1)
  • The Enforcer (Bad Romance #2)
  • The Gambler (Bad Romance #3)
  • Love is Rage: a Dark Captive Romance (Bloody Romance Book 2)
  • Alpha Wolf (The Blue Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
See top shelves…
Scarlett St. Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies. She is obsessed with Greek Mythology, murder mysteries, love, and the afterlife. If you are obsessed with these things, then you’ll like her books.

Sign up for my newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/6e2593363f04/rayon...

Hades & Persephone (4 books)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • A Touch of Malice (Hades & Persephone, #3)
  • A Touch of Chaos (Hades & Persephone, #4)

News & Interviews

“The first rule of men, Persephone, is that they’re all idiots.” 16 likes
“Create the life you want, Persephone, and stop listening to everyone else.” 13 likes