Start by marking “What's in a Name? (Department of Second Chances #1)” as Want to Read:
What's in a Name? (Department of Second Chances #1)

What's in a Name? (Department of Second Chances #1)

Kindle Edition
Published May 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about What's in a Name?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's in a Name?

Start your review of What's in a Name? (Department of Second Chances #1)
Cath
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Single mother Rachel Montgomery has four young girls and had to have help to escape from her husband, after he almost killed her in an attack of jealousy and rage, which was not the first such event, but definitely the most extreme, has made a new life for herself and her girls, staying with her aunt. She is still in hiding from her ex and has a job at a local garage, but really wants to work in the back of the garage, working on cars, but her boss and one of the mechanics are both sexist and sp ...more
Claudete Takahashi
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good story with a well developed plot and with quite a few twists and turns to get you hooked till the end. Most unfortunately besides crime, the book also dabs at a reality that we quite often read in the papers - spouse abuse and children abuse. Too bad that even in the 21st century humanity is still so far away from being improved and people keep on being treated as property by some.
In spite of my above comments this is a good and entertaining book.
I downloaded a free copy of this book th
Angel White (Certified_Book_Nerd)
Rachel is a single mother of 4 beautiful little girls. She has escaped an abusive marriage and made a fresh start in another town. She has a job, friends and a place to call home. Rachel's life is soon turned upside down when her friend goes missing, is believed to be dead and she begins to receive threatening messages from an unknown number...promising she's next.

Frank Tench works for the BAU and happens to be teaching classes at the police station in the same town Rachel lives. They have seen
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
What’s in a Name? is the first book in the The Department of Second Chances series by Angela Breen. It’s also the first book I have read by Angela and I am sure it won’t be my last. I enjoy crime stories and with some romance thrown in and that was what it was.

Rachel is a single mom of four girls and works at the local gas station. She would love to work in the garage through and hoping to open her own one day. She just moved to town a year ago for a fresh start. To get away from her biker-club
Katie
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

What's In A Name was like the Netflix show Mindhunter meets a romance novel. This book was nice blend of true crime, suspense, and romance that definitely kept my attention and intrigue as I tried to figure out what was going to happen.

There was a lot going on in the book (escape from an abusive relationship, working with an ex-wife, girls going missing, the heroine being stalked, the hero being targeted, a suspicious boyfrien
Angela
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Talk about a captivating, edge of your seat, and suspenseful story. If you love a good mystery that can keep you glued to your book, this is it. I was pulled in from the very first page and as the story continued to develop it got harder and harder to put the book down.

The storyline is believable and I have to say it is a bit unsettling knowing that something like this can happen (& probably has).

Rachel is a strong female lead and isn't about to let some psycho control her, she is willing
Heather W
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What's in a Name? is the first book in A Department of Second Chances Novel series.

I really enjoyed this book and found it to be a great romantic suspense novel. The characters are well developed, likable, and realistic. The storyline is well written and engaging, with danger, emotions, family, threats, suspense, danger, and romance. This is the first book I have read by this author and I am looking forward to reading more.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Justina Smyth
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the suspense was killing me ! The author is a great story teller but it needed to be spell checked other than that a guaranteed great read !
Donna
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was good, a crime thriller filled with suspense, mystery and romance.

After escaping from her abusive ex-husband, Rachel Montgomery and her four daughter’s are living with her aunt and trying to rebuild their lives. Frank Tench, an agent with the FBI, is in town to teach local law enforcement about new techniques used to catch criminals and notice deviant behaviour.

From the moment he first enter’s town, Rachel catches Frank’s eye and he find himself wanting to get to know her. Unfortuna
Amy Spitzfaden
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW this one was good! Breen's first novel was a perfectly paced rollercoaster of emotion. A blend of real human emotion - ranging from romance, to maternal love, to incredibly complicated and painful familial relationships - and action that keeps you on your toes, this book sunk deep into my mind. Every character has more to them than what is presented, and you can feel the depth of the world stretch way past what you are actually reading. The romance is believable even in this off-the-wall sit ...more
Stacey
May 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
I love a good serial killer plot, unfortunately this was not one. I found it lacking substance with regard to the killer and his past that lead to his motives for killing. I prefer a more complete picture of the "unsub" that I feel gives more reasons to be fearful, not just some creepy phone calls saying "you're next." I didn't buy the fast developed feelings (Is this a Hallmark movie?) between the FBI agent and single mother of 4 children. Attraction and lust - yes, but love after a couple week ...more
Han Spillane
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Gritty, intense and passionate, with a mum of 4 lead character - something different but good. Our lead female is not some hapless virgin, waiting to be rescued. She has lived through more than most, and is so close to being not just OK, but good, actually living well not just existing... then the beeps start and some nutter freaks out her world.
The romance/relationship takes time, but it's worth it... even with the added threat their relationship brings them both.
Diane Robey
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story was fantastic. I loved it. My problem with the story is in the writing. It was as though 1. It was written by someone whose first language wasn't English and 2. It had a very bad editor as I found no less than one typo per chapter and usually more. I can list them if you want to shoot me an e-mail, I'll gladly enumerate them for you. I could write an entire chapter just for typos. I'm a stickler for good form. ...more
Terry
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A well written thriller with action from start to finish. Based around Rachel, a mother of four girls trying to make a new life for herself away from her abusive ex husband and a chance meeting with Frank, an FBI agent who feels an instant connection to her and wants to get to know her better. They become entwined with a stalker who befriends, kidnaps, tortures and murders his victims and Frank helps out the local police department to capture and bring him to justice. A good read. Recommended.
Alese Maree
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked the true crime aspect to this story, it flowed well and kept me interested. I wasn't completely sold on the romance pace of the story but liked both main characters. Not all my questions about the secondary characters were answered by the last page but it was a good read. 3.5 stars.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author via Voracious Readers Only.
Alena
Bucks & Books
Apr 27, 2021
Gee Liz Reads
May 22, 2021

• One Inner Voice (Alamo City Mystery Book 1)
  • Finneas Grey and the Isle of Ethril (The Chronicles of Nesteryia, #3)
  • One Dark Night
  • Newyddian (Augarten #5)
  • The Scottish Boy
  • The Tribulations of August Barton (August Barton, #1)
  • The Revelations of August Barton (August Barton, #2)
  • Is This Me? (Being Me #1)
  • Project Kaitlyn (The Sweet Water Circle #1)
  • One Strange Accident (Alamo City Mystery Book 2)
  • In a World Without Coffee: A Magic Portal into a Fantasy Romance (Doctors Without Boundaries Book 1)
  • The Unwanted
  • The Noah Reid Box Set
  • The Roswell Discrepancy: A Human Romance in Three Parts
  • Infinite: (Sky Nymph Book 1)
  • Florian (Augarten #4)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • The Waking Place