Start by marking “Rainbow Bridge” as Want to Read:
Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge

Published October 6th 2020 by Mirador

To ask other readers questions about Rainbow Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainbow Bridge

Start your review of Rainbow Bridge
CYIReadBooks (Claire)
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge... All the animals who had been ill are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them..."

Rainbow Bridge by Dan V. Jackson is a wonderfully emotional tale of the life of Nathan Wilkinson and his canine companions from childhood through adulthood. It is a tale of how those canine companions shaped Nathan's life and made him the man that he is.

As heart-rending of a stor
Deanne Patterson

if you enjoy reading W. Bruce Cameron's books you'll definitely want to read this book.
Wow, I could not put this book down. I read it all in one go!
We all have that memory of our first dog, mine happened when I was four years old.
My mother was watching a dog for someone when they were on vacation. I fell in love with this little black dog and said she was my dog and that her name was Lisa, I have no idea what her name really was but the owner let me keep her.
The day she died was a very sad day b
Kristine
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t put into words how much I loved this book. How much I didn’t want it to end. How I really, really ought to buy stock in Kleenex.

When I’m getting ready to write a book review, I typically take notes throughout the book. I started doing that with Rainbow Bridge. Then I stopped. The story took over. It resonated so deeply, in fact, I couldn’t read it and take notes at the same time. So I put my notes away and immersed myself in this extraordinarily powerful and poignant story.

I read it cove
Kimberly Thompson
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is believed there is a 'Rainbow Bridge on the edge of heaven where our pets go when they pass from this world to the next. At the bridge, our pets are reunited with other pets and are able to run free without pain and the restraints of old age. There, the pet waits until its humanowner dies and is reunited with them. Together, they cross the Rainbow Bridge to heaven.
This book details the life of Nathan Wilkinson and the dogs who are a part of his life from childhood into adulthood. The book i
Ruth
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Umm, bring tissues when you sit to read this book. The chapters are HIGHLY emotional but anyone who's ever really loved a companion animal or had it change their life would expect to have their heartstrings tugged, hard. Essentially, this book's story contains all the dogs (and their associated stories) during one human's life, from early childhood through adult; each dog serves a specific purpose and most will wait for him at the Rainbow Bridge when they pass.

I think this book would be great f
Jean
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Having 6 dachshunds and a lab at the bridge
made it a sweet tear-jerker. I love my dogs so much.
This book is written very well and it is a keeper.

Thank you so much, Dan V. Jackson, your publisher, and
NetGalley for the chance to read and review this wonderful
book!
Mrs Julie Gargett
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, this book had me smiling, laughing and crying, my emotions were on a rollercoaster!
Dogs, and in fact all pets, are more then animals they are always a part of the family and this book explains that so well.
Any one with a pet will understand this book, but I think a box of tissues might be required.
Mike
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rainbow Bridge is pet fiction in a class all its own. Author Dan V. Jackson is clearly a dog lover, and that love is portrayed throughout the book. Jackson really captured the gamut of emotions pet owners go through during the lives of their beloved canine friends. (These emotions are not limited to only dog lovers. I imagine all owners of beloved pets go through much the same emotions.)

The story covers the fictional life of protagonist Nathan Wilkinson, from a young toddler to an older adult, w
Susan Johnston
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Princess Fuzzypants here: This is a book where it might be best to have a box of tissues nearby. It is moving and beautiful as it tells the story of Nathan and the various dogs of his life. There is Frisco who saved his life when he was but 3 and will forever help guide the future dogs in his life. Then Shiloh who stood beside a scared and lonely kid and helped him grow strong. Lindsay came into his life when she was lost. Not only does she introduce him to his future wife but when he returns fr ...more
Gaye Teather
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly beautiful book and one that, if you own (or have ever owned), a dog you will relate to and feel every emotion described in its pages.. It tells the story of Nathan Wilkinson from his very earliest days as a mere toddler and throughout his life as he encounters college, marriage, becoming a father and his time spent in the military defending his country. Greatly significant during these years are the dogs that come into his life. Loving, devoted companions who shape his life, who ...more
Shannon
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know about you, but this increased time at home has made me especially grateful for my animals. They bring joy and entertainment to our house on a daily basis.

My dog is a senior citizen. He’s somewhere around 11 or 12 years old. He’s also a big dog which makes me want to make time slow down to hold onto the years I have left with him. I knew when I adopted him we’d have less time together, but nothing in life is a guarantee. While I’m in no hurry to get another dog, my thoughts do occasi
MaryKaye
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book! If you have ever loved and bonded with a dog, and then had the heartbreak of losing them, this book will give you hope of seeing them again. This book tells the story of Nathan and how each of his dogs impacted his life. So get out your box of Kleenex, as this book reflects what we all have felt.

I received this book free from Goodreads for a honest opinion.
Jenn Brouwer
Sep 27, 2020 rated it liked it
A beautiful emotion story of how dogs can truly save our lives. This story made me laugh a bit and cry alot. The loss of a pet is a devastating occurrence and this story details those emotions. The only part I disliked was the lengthy war tangent, while I did understand it’s relevance to the story. This part was just not my forte. The rest of the story was a good read for me.
Jenny
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have ever loved and lost a dog, this book is going to tug on your heartstrings. I think I've cried most of the way through - not just because of the sadness of losing a dog but just how incredibly brilliant they are.

This book follows Nathan Wilkinson from childhood into adulthood when he is married and has children of his own and the dogs that have been a part of this life. It's about the bond he has with his dogs and that they have with him, as well as the devastating loss when the time
Jamie Rincker
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read that book which squeezes your heart and makes you miss your beloved pets who have passed on? After the first few pages, this book had me crying for the cat I have missed for the last two years. Those of us who believe in Heaven and truly love animals, we want this to be true, they are waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge.
You follow through the life of a young man named Nathan who is saved when he is only three years old by his first dog. This book takes you well into his 40's and
Breane Ross
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received an arc from netgalley. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Thirty years of life as seen from numerous dogs perceptions seems like it wouldn’t be very interesting but this book grabs you and sucks you in! Definitely recommend it!
Reneta
May 12, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The author’s writing style was hard to keep my attention. I read 50%of the book. Won this via goodread giveaway - it was not the type of book I read often so that may have been part of my malaise to finish it.
Sheila Simmons
Jun 21, 2020
Leanne Roberts
Aug 11, 2020
Dan Jackson
Aug 24, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Katarina
Lynette Murphy
Oct 31, 2020
Llyse
Oct 31, 2020

• All the Devils are Here (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #16)
  • Premeditated Mortar (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #8)
  • The Friend
  • What We Forgot to Bury
  • The Sea Gate
  • Strangers
  • In the Name of the Father: Some Vows Aren't Meant to Be Broken.
  • The Woods
  • An Ordinary Life
  • The Girl Who Never Came Home
  • Elizabeth: Obstinate, Headstrong Girl
  • The House by the Sea
  • The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)
  • The Meadows
  • Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family
  • Forgive Me
  • How to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
Author, family man, dog lover, financial consultant, runner, golfer and football fan. Oh, and author of the award winning 2020 novel Rainbow Bridge.

News & Interviews