Start by marking “Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables” as Want to Read:
Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables

Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables

Siblings Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert were planning to adopt an orphaned boy to help out around their farm, Green Gables - instead, they got Anne Shirley. A plucky redheaded girl with a vibrant imagination, Anne turns first Green Gables and then the rest of Prince Edward Island on its ear.

Manga Classics® is proud to be the only authorized manga adaption of Anne of Green G
Published September 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables

Start your review of Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was fantastic!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Schizanthus Nerd
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Kindred spirits, it’s time for us to take a journey together. When you pass through the White Way of Delight keep going. It’s only about another mile before we reach our destination. Oh, there’s the Lake of Shining Waters. If you look over there you’ll see the house Diana lives in. She’s a kindred spirit too. Just a little further and … there it is! Green Gables! You’re home.

Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert are sure to welcome you, as will Cordelia Anne (with an E).
“And there’s one thing certain,
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This manga has been so well adapted.

I read the first book a few months ago and I would say the manga adaptation is quite accurate!

I love the artstyle and how convenient the art sequence is made to make the reading so apt and simple yet beautiful and charming.

I still cannot believe how accurately it captured all the emotions in the book. I don't know what more to say than it's the perfect adaptation!

I am in love with this manga publishing team ever since I read one of Betty Neels romance adapta
San
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite book from my childhood and I couldn't miss opportunity to check this manga adaptation, especially that I have already read some other books form Manga Classics series and really enjoyed them but I have to say this one might be might favorite from this series (maybe because it's based on book I love so much).

This manga version of the book is following plot of the original book really well and the illustrations perfectly captures personality and emotions
Ellie
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite book of all time and I was really excited to read this manga adaptation of it.
Anne is an orphan girl adopted by mistake by the Cuthburts who wanted to originally adopted boy. Luckily they decided to keep and raise her and we can follow her heartwarming story of growing up with them.
The artist made a great job with illustrations as they are perfect for each character. This version of Anne of Green Gables is perfect for people who wants some shorter read
Neha
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
This was such a pleasure to read. We follow the classic tale of Anne of Green Gables as she gets embarks on her new journey in a small town in PEI, in the small cozy house called Green Gables. Once she arrives she learns there has been a mistake and the family had asked for a boy. But don't you worry, Anne with an E wraps everyone in her positivity and warmth, and she soon becomes family. This follows Anna from the age of 11 when she arrives at Green Gables to when she is 17 and starts adult
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
This manga has been so well adapted.

Marjolein
I have memories of watching some kind of screen adaptation (I don't remember exactly which one) of Anne of Green Gables when I was a kid. I haven't seen Netflix's Anne with an E and neither have I read the original book. But I have been following Manga Classics for a while, so when I saw on Netgalley they had done Anne of Green Gables next - of course I had to read it.

They are very proud to say they are the only authorized Manga adaptation - which made me wonder exactly how many there are out t
Aga Durka
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To this day I still love the Anne of Green Gables story, so when I got an opportunity to read the Manga version of my favorite childhood book, I was more then excited to dive into it. And I am so happy to report that the Manga version did not disappoint! I loved the illustrations and I would have loved them even more if they were full of color, same as the book's cover.

This version of the classic is a perfect way to read a classic novel in a fun and easy way, and I will definitely buy a copy of
ℳacarena
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, what can I say? I loved this adaptation of Manga Classics! 😍

There is a foreword by Kate McDonald Butler, L.M. Montgomery's granddaughter.

The story, as well as other Manga Classics adaptations, is faithfully adapted. I like the way the characters and Green Gables are depicted. You can even find a plan of the house!

I absoluetely recommend it 😊.

Thanks to Manga Classics Inc. and NetGalley for providing me with an e-arc in exchange for my honest review.

linda hole
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love Anne of green gables. Both the book and series. So i.get a little bit suspicious when i see it AS a manga. But this manga kept true to the book. And i would recommend the book to all Anne of green gables fans. Thank you to netgalley for letting me read this e arc
Dawn Michelle
I was initially hesitant to request [and then read] this for a couple of reasons; I am still pretty confused about the Manga world [I am an old white woman who never read comics or anything like that and am just now getting into graphic novels and the such], and as I love Anne of Green Gables, I was afraid that it was a rip off of that beloved world. I was so happy to find that the Ms. Chan had contacted the heirs of L.M. Montgomery and received their blessing and decided then that this would pr ...more
Alice 🌙
5/5 ⭐️
I loooved this adaptation of the book as a manga!!
Nicole
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, favorites, graphic
Netgalley ARC

Listen. I know there is a book out there, I know of at least two shows that are out there. But I have never seen or read anything about Anne of Green Gables. So this was my introduction.

I wasn't that into it at the beginning. Anne is one of those people that I just hate in real life, cause this girl keeps on talking and talking. But she really grew on me. I truly love her story. I love the different relationships she had.

When I finished the Manga, I needed more. I really, really, RE
Kailey (Luminous Libro)
In this classic story, Anne is an orphan who comes to live with Marilla and Matthew. She has an overactive imagination and a talent for getting into mischief, but she is delighted with her new home at Green Gables.

Condensing such a complex and deep story into manga form works very well here, and the plot closely follows the original story. Even the dialogue is almost always exactly the same as the book.

I loved the artwork so much! Beautiful panels in every chapter that draw you into the story. T
Natalie
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'But if you call me Anne, please call me Anne spelled with an e.'

Just finished this in one sitting and I loved it! I’ve always been a huge fan of the original books and I really want to reread them now. The drawings in this manga are super cute and the plot was summarized well. I think it’s not an easy task to adapt such a great story, a classic, but the result is impressive. There are also infos about how the original book was adapted and a character design sketchbook at the end.
This manga is f
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

I'd never read Anne of Green Gables before so I was quite interested in reading this after much success with Jane Eyre Manga Classic, and I can honestly say that I was not disappointed. This was a wonderful way to tell the story as it was enjoyable and felt really well suited to the manga style. I would highly recommend this for a beginner or even those who have read the story over and over.
Jazzy Lemon
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadian-authors
Excellently done - but one glaring mistake - Anne has her hair all cut off, but it magically grows into long braids right away. Besides that it was really all grand.
Carissa (Regency Woman)
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Just a brief mention to the newly initiated, manga is supposed to read right to left (because manga is Japanese and this is how their language is penned). There is nothing wrong with the printing of the book even if it feels backward. There are instructions in the volume to help you read it correctly.

I've never read Anne of Green Gables, but I've watched the 1980s miniseries countless times so I know the story by heart and this darling manga captures the tale very well. The dialogue feels straig
beth {hiatus} F.
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was so good! When I finished, I had such a satisfied and nostalgic feeling! I had read Anne of Green Gables so many times that I've memorized it, especially specific scenes and it was great to read a manga adaptation.

The very best part was how accurate this was. It did skip some (tedious flowery but still interesting) spots that were in the book, but it stayed very very faithful to the other scenes included down to the very wording. I really loved seeing their interpretation of Gilbert
Olívia
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, arcs
Arc provided by Netgalley
Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite series of all times so I will take in any format - the original books, the 80's movies, the netflix series and, apparently, the manga adaptation as well.
I had never read a manga before but I will definitely repeat the experience. The drawings were beautiful and captivated Anne's essence perfectly, as did the dialogue.
Nhi ❤ Books
Thank you NetGalley for providing me a free copy of this book to review!

I rarely read a manga...but hands down this was spectacular!

The manga follows one of the most famous stories, Anne of Green Gables. Eleven-year-old Anne with an E was brought to Green Gables by a mistake. Matthew Cuthbert was immediately enchanted by this queer girl and managed to convince his sister, Marilla, to let Anne stay. Over the next four years, we got to see Anne go on so many adventures. From making a bosom friend

Laura I.
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I was curious about Manga Classics, so I picked up one that I’ve read in prose format and one that I haven’t. This is the one where I’d read the original before, although probably 20 years ago. I think it’s a great adaptation — it’s amazing how they can use much of what I assume/think is the original text, but just cutting it up into digestible pieces and adding the images makes it so much more accessible. My only complaint is that some of the shorter chapters (or ones that they’ve made short fo ...more
Jantine
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? The Manga classics have been a great experience up until now, and Anne of Green Gables is one of my favourite books. This manga classic was new, and simultaneously felt like a warm blanket of familiarity. It brought the story across very well, not only because it is a very accurate adaptation, but also because it managed to capture the atmosphere of the book into the drawings. It certainly inspired me to go and read the series again.

One thing that is good to be aware of: while us
Vaiomo ♡
Thank you to the publisher for giving me a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved this! After having seen the Netflix series I have been really intrigued in the story adaptations since the original books were published. I loved this version of the story. The art style was gorgeous and it was very easy and quick to read through which was very nice.
They kept a nice contrast in the story and it did definitely not disappoint.
Dawie
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never read the original that this Manga adaptation was based of off. What I can say is that this is the kind of stuff that might point next generations into picking up the original works. I feel like it was a job well done and will not hesitate to recommend it to people.
Giorgia
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from Netgalley.

This manga was incredible! I loved the way the original story was represented with a focus on the main friendships and relationships. I felt like the reader is given the right amount of information about Anne's character without being overwhelmed by the dense. writing of the original novel. Furthermore, the art style was perfect for I felt it represented the characters giving us a clear idea of the key aspects of their personality (for example Anne's eyes were ve
J.D. DeHart
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Manga Classics offers another beautiful and stylish look at a story that readers know well. These books are ideal for the classroom and sure to engage a wide audience -- the ideal work to introduce new generations to works that have been handed down.
Alex
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 10-and-11
Thanks to the publisher for providing an eARC of Manga Classics Anne of Green Gables in exchange for an honest review.

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are endless adaptations of Anne of Green Gables.

Manga Classics stays loyal to it's source material, often times quoting the original text word for word (there's actually a fairly good chance every word in here is a quote. I'm ashamed to admit I've yet to memorize every single word from L. M. Montgomery's original novel).

The artist perfe
Briar's Reviews
This manga version of Anne of Green Gables is a delightful little read! I just finished reading the original Anne of Green Gables, which is why it took me so long to get to this book. I wanted to make sure I read. the original and could do a good comparison. And man, it was an accurate and lovely little resource to read the story in a different way. I really liked the illustrations and I felt like it worked really well with the material.

Anne and her kindred spirit are expressed with bright eyes
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Good Wives
  • Magic for Liars
  • Mary: The Adventures of Mary Shelley's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Granddaughter
  • Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet
  • Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes
  • Juliet Takes a Breath: The Graphic Novel
  • Odessa
  • The Secrets of Saffron Hall
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • In Love & Pajamas: A Collection of Comics about Being Yourself Together
  • Manga Classics: Macbeth
Crystal Chan watched with amazement at the exotic zoo outbreak in Zanesville, Ohio in 2011, where scores of animals—hungry lions, panthers, and tigers—ran loose around the county. That incident helped inspire her most recent novel, All That I Can Fix. When Crystal isn’t writing, her passion is giving diversity talks to adults and kids alike, telling stories on Wisconsin Public Radio, and hosting c ...more

News & Interviews