Start by marking “Come correre con i lupi (Come ululare alla luna Vol. 5)” as Want to Read:
Come correre con i lupi (Come ululare alla luna Vol. 5)

Come correre con i lupi

(Howl at the Moon #5)

Zeus ama il suo lavoro con la squadra di ricerca e soccorso di Mad Creek perché gli permette di sfruttare tutto il potenziale del suo San Bernardo interiore. Quando, dopo un terremoto in Alaska, incrocia un mutevole – cioè un cane mutaforma –, Zeus si sente in dovere di indagare. La sua ricerca lo porta a innamorarsi della bellezza primitiva di Timo, il misterioso mutevole ...more
Published June 16th 2020 by Triskell Edizioni (first published July 19th 2019)

Start your review of Come correre con i lupi (Come ululare alla luna Vol. 5)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I can't with how amazing this book is. I did not want it to end. I love this dog-human world Eli Easton has created, and I'm here to say: she can do no wrong.

He wanted to live in a world where everyone did what they wanted ... Where Timo could choose who he loved. He wanted to live in a world where you mated with the person you most wanted to be with. Where that did not mean one of the pair was weak. Where the two stood shoulder to shoulder, looking eye to eye. Where rocks loved water.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I love the Howl at the Moon series by one of my favorite authors, Eli Easton, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on How to Run with the Wolves. In the end, I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't love this story quite as much as my fellow reviewers.

This series just makes me smile. If you like the infectious love of a dog, then you will connect with this series. How to Run with the Wolves is as adorable as the rest of them, even if it didn't grab me as much as my favorites in the
☆ Todd
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice addition to Easton's "Howl at the Moon" series, and I liked both Zeus and Timo right from the very beginning, especially once we got to the parts where they were spending a lot of time on-page together, in both their 2-legged and 4-legged forms.

As the book began, Matt's Mad Creek Search & Rescue team had been sent to Anchorage, Alaska to assist with rescue efforts after a major natural disaster, which was how Zeus first caught a glimpse of Timo. Right before he quickly disappeare
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
PUPDORABLE!

I love this series so much but this one holds a special place in my heart.

Why, you ask?

Zeus!

Zeus is the classic gentle giant which appeals on multiple levels for me but what pulled on my heartstrings was how displaced he feels. He wants more than anything to be useful, but he oftentimes doesn't really get people and their vernacular which feeds into his feelings of being "different".

The underdogs always get to me and Zeus got to me.

But Timo is totes adorbz in his own rite. His mindset
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

It’s no secret that I love this series. It’s seriously sweet and endearing with a cast of characters who are kind, earnest, with no artifice or malice, ever. Such a set up of dog shifters hiding in plain sight and reading about how they live and love always just brings a smile to my face.

There’s nothing new that I can add to the already multitude of reviews out there. Just know there’s the biggest gentlest giant (Saint Bernard Zeus) who falls for a fellow quickened (Husky Timo) who’s as w
Sheri
I've had a fantastic time with this series but (for me) it's lost a bit of its strength as it's continued. At least as far the bonding and mating aspect.
And for shifter stories, I hold that with high regard.

I LOVED being back in Mad Creek.
I LOVED the time we spend in Alaska.
I LOVED Zeus...every single bit of his ginormous self.
And...
I Liked Timo.
I Liked the merging of the new wild Alaskan pack.
And I Liked watching Jason discover the genetic mutation eradicating the Qimmig.
But...
I really didn
Cadiva
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'm pretty sure Eli Easton is a quickened and she's just giving us a peek into her world because there's no other way that she'd be able to capture the inherent characteristics of individual dog breeds and then convert them into human traits which match perfectly.

Also, I hadn't realised quite how much I'd missed Mad Creek until she said there was a fifth book coming and, believe me, this was so worth it.

Not only do we get a wonderful slow burn romance between husky Timo and Saint Bernard Zeus,
BWT (Belen)
I cannot recommend the Howl at the Moon series highly enough - Eli Easton keeps the series fresh every time, introducing new characters while also incorporating past fan favorites.

In the fifth installment of the series, it's 2019, Rav Miller's distribution factory is up and running, and the town of Mad Creek is flourishing. which mean tons of new quickened. Zeus, a Saint Bernard and Lance's childhood best friend, is back in town and feeling awkward among the crowd.

When offered a chance to be on
Diana
I have been trying to read this for almost a week, and I am only at 30%. For some strange reason, I am really struggling with this one. I am not sure if it’s me or the story itself. I know the naiveté of the MC Zeus is supposed to be endearing, but it’s driving me crazy. I even tried skimming, and that didn’t work.

This author and series is usually an easy 4/5 star read for me, so I I refuse to dnf this one. I am quietly going to put this on my “go back to later” shelf and tip toe away. Shhhhh!!!
Meags
4 Stars

How to Run with the Wolves was a welcomed addition to this personal favourite M/M shifter series.

Reading about the Mad Creek quickened (dog shifters) has brought me bouts of pure happiness over the years, which isn’t an emotional response I can truly attribute to many books. Sometimes it’s good just to read something that’s not too angsty and simply makes you smile, am I right!?! 😉

In this fifth instalment, we are introduced to a new pack of quickened, or two-skinned, as they called thems
Jewel
4.5 Stars

​What a delightful romp in the Alaskan snow this book was! I have missed Mad Creek and it's quirky and playful inhabitants and How to Run with the Wolves is just the thing to help us weather the summer heat.

Eli Easton has said that How to Run with the Wolves was meant to branch off from Mad Creek and I think her transition from Mad Creek to the wilds of Alaska was perfect. ​Also, ​Zeus, in his quite gentleness and Timo with his frenetic energy were quite the pair. Timo was just clueles
Tess
I know I’m in the minority (EDIT: seems many have had similar thoughts) but
1. There was no romance between MCs
2. 1 MC didn’t have any attraction (sexual or romantic) to the other until 75-80%
3. The only sexy times was a single scene at 85%
4. There wasn’t enough angst/issues to overcome
5. Neither MC had much character development (past or present)
Erth
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The quickened are just so pure and innocent and I love their interaction with each other, with regular people and with their inner dog.
I just loved Zeus right from the start, he's a big softie with a heart of gold. Search and Rescue is the perfect job for his Saint Bernard and also his chance to meet the pack in Alaska and of course Timo. Timo is one of few of the Quimmig in his pack to interact with the one skinned but he isn't ready for Zeus or Mad Creak.
I must admit that I cried for Zeus afte
Ariana
*3,5 stars*

I really love Eli Easton and I thoroughly enjoyed this series so far.
But I’m very sorry to say that this book did not click with me.

While Zeus and Timo are likeable characters, to me neither felt like an adult. I could have overlooked that more easily with 24-year-old Timo, but was struggling a bit with 34 year old - and a mountain of a man and dog – Zeus.

Timo has lived in the wild for most of his life, so it’s kind of logical that the ways and lives of people are alien and strange to
True Loveislovereview
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq
Timo and Zeus

Oh my dogs, this story just floored me. I adore packs, dogs, shifters, wolves. This was a stunning story.

Zeus is a high-sensitive man/saint Bernhard. His heart is as big as his appearance. A friendly, easygoing and somewhat withdrawn character. I fell in love at first sight.
Zeus works with the Search and Rescue Team, helping out where needed

Timo is the most magical husky, part of a small isolated and vulnerable pack.
One of their first encounters is under heavy circumstances. Timo te
Trio
Eli Easton’s extraordinary Howl at the Moon series comes to a close with How to Run with the Wolves. Fans of these characters are going to especially enjoy this one, because a good part of the story takes place within the community of Mad Creek. To me, these guys are dear after five books, and this is a particularly sweet way to say goodbye. If you haven’t delved into this magical world, start with the first novel, How to Howl at the Moon, and read them in order!

The entire series is available in
Chris
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and this book was an adorable addition. Timo & Zeus were both oblivious in regards to mating / bonding until they realized a connection had formed. Both from different worlds they cane to terms with the needs of each other... it was low level heat / passion but high level heart ❤️ ...more
Elena
The addition of the Alaskan community of shifters in the series was interesting. I enjoyed the change of scenery and I liked how the author played with the differences in Timo’s and Zeus’s background to come up with a dynamic that wouldn’t have been possible between two quickened-from-birth, if they had been both born and raised in Mad Creek.

That said, something didn’t ring true to me about Zeus.
He was born quickened, raised in Mad Creek, he went away to college, and he’s now working with the
Debra

I enjoyed Zeus and Timo's story, but I found it to be lacking in romance. This was a bit of a different entry in the series, with part of it set at Timos' home camp of a small shifter pack in Alaska before moving the story back to Mad Creek. This made even more sense when I read the author's note at the end saying that there will be a spin-off following the Qimmig pack.

While we've had quickened characters in the past that were new and naive to the human world, Timo comes from an altoget
Lost in a Book
4ish Stars

I’ve gotta say that I adored being back in Mad Creek for some friendly dog shifter living. All the old favorites make their appearances while the “main” romance is between Zeus and Timo.

Zeus is a Mad Creek native that moved for a bit and then found his way back… except that it’s too crowded. Luckily he gets on the search and rescue team for Mad Creek and ships out when needed to find trapped people or animals. Zeus finds himself in Alaska after an earthquake to help find missing people
Lisazj1
I've never met an Eli Easton book I didn't love but this series is something special. *sigh* I loved Zeus and Timo, and I loved what they brought to each other. I love how Mad Creek is always reaching out to others in need, even back when staying isolated was what helped keep them safe.

This was completely sweet and satisfying, and as far as a spin-off for the Quimmiq, I am so here for that! <3
Denise H.
Zeus, the St. Bernard finds Timo, a husky from the Alaskan wild !
Another walk in the life of our dog-shifters. This time it’s Alaska that has our attention. Zeus is a trained Rescue person, and ends up seeking a fellow dog-shifter, that he saw near his camp. When he finds him, all other things cease to matter. Back at Timo’s home, Zeus is discovering a big new world.
Zeus, 34, is a St. Bernard shifter, big, strong, smart and curious.

Timo, 24, a Siberian Husky shifter, an Alpha dog, talkative a
Rachel
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this series, Eli could read another 30 books about Mad Creek and I'd keep reading them. This was a wonderful addition.
Annika
I needed this book today. I needed the happy this series brings. There’s something about Mad Creek that’s pure magic. I’m madly in love with this town and the quickened. They are such a wonderful mix of human and dog, the best of both. It’s quirky and fun. This series never fails to put a smile on my face and genuinely make me feel happy. And I really needed some happy today. And these St. Bernard and Husky shifters really brought that to me.

I fell for Zeus immediately. The St Bern
Ami
Hmmm... I felt like this actually had a lot of potential problems, because of the two different worlds of Mad Creek and Alaska dog shifters. And I wasn't completely sold that Zeus and Timo were actually able to work those out. It was too much too soon near the end...

But it was FUN to find out about the previous couples :)
R.J.
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I think I have read the best of the Quickened books, the next one is out and I’m amazed again. This book is my favorite of the series so far and I highly recommend it. Beautiful characterization and scenery, and a gorgeous love story running through every page.
Zuzu
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another great addition to this series.

Can’t wait for the spin off series!
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Generally, I enjoy Eli Easton's books, and others have rated this one highly, but I'm going to have to chalk it up as a complete miss.

I think the kindest way of describing this book is "unsophisticated". There's an inherent danger in writing a book from (essentially) a dog's point of view that it sounds like a child's primary reader. Unfortunately, that's what's happened here. The sentence structure is painfully naïve for page after page after page. Combined with a lack of character development,
Kaje Harper
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one in a different way from the others of the series. I really enjoyed the change of setting, and the change of tone that spent less time in the cute world of domestic dogs, and more in the Arctic setting with its environmental and social and biological challenges. I really appreciated a new issue arising, one that was totally logical to the setting, and heartbreaking at times. I liked the misfit characters, finding each other outside the safety of Pack and Mad Creek's comfortable b ...more
Caipi
Cute story!
I liked the MCs Zeus and Timo and it was great to meet all the dear characters from the previous books again. :)
It's mostly a light, easy to read story, but there were also some tough, sad moments showing the problems the isolation of the Qimmig pack brought.
Positive I found the mention of the melting glaciers and the rising sea level. You can't bring up the climate change too often!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Heat of Love #3)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • A King in Wonderland (Happily Ever Asher, #3)
  • Flash Rip
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Warm Heart (Search and Rescue, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
  • Sir
  • Soul on Fire
  • Mated
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Stand in Place
  • Dead Man Stalking (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • Escape (Rebellion #1)
  • Redesigning Landry Bishop (Stars from Peril #2)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Howl at the Moon (5 books)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon, #1)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon, #2)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)

News & Interviews