Start by marking “Must be a Mistake (Timber Falls #2)” as Want to Read:
Must be a Mistake (Timber Falls #2)

Must be a Mistake

(Timber Falls #2)

He just wanted to kiss her. Now he's locked in the tool trailer with his brother's best friend...

After ignoring his feelings for Ainsley for years, emergency room doctor Kyle Durand finally decides it’s time to act. But the same day he makes his move, he finds out she may already be engaged. Engaged? How’s he supposed to get close enough to find out without making a fool o
ebook
Published June 19th 2020 by Tempest and Kite Publishing (first published June 9th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Must be a Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must be a Mistake

Start your review of Must be a Mistake (Timber Falls #2)
Varsha M
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Note: Thank you to the author, Fiona West, and the publisher for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest thoughts 😄
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I think I enjoyed Must Be A Mistake more than Could Be Something Good! Honestly, I think it was the 'Falling for your best friend's brother' trope that did it for me. I've always loved that trope so much (thus an explanation for my love for the Princess Diaries books) and this book handled it so well, I can'
Heather (bookswithclarkie)
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ummm..😍Hello Kyle Durand!.
Kyle has been ignoring his feelings for Ainsley for years and decides it’s finally time to act. Ainsley is the town go to and when she finds out Kyle is helping with the Habitat for Humanity build she wants to believe, no hopes he is there because of her. Will this turn out for the best or be just another mistake?.
First we had Daniel and Winnie, now we have Kyle and Ainsle
Vanessa  Ramirez
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC from Fiona West for an honest review****
Eekkk!! I literally have no words!!! I thought Daniel and Winnie's story was amazing, but Kyle and Ainsley story was brilliant! I absolutely loved it and it's one of my favorite 2020 reads! I adored Kyle and really liked how he isn't your "normal" perfect character. I loved getting to know him and his neurodivertity. He was super sweet, shy, protective, and caring and made my heart so happy. Ainsley was fierce and brave, and she wasn't
Anna Reads Here
How did Fiona West write such a brilliant book!? I loved Daniel and Winnie, but I was always rooting for Kyle and Ainsley and holy smokes. Also, the writing and dialogue in this book. I just can't.

A proper, clearer review coming when my brain isn't mush from all the feels.

(view spoiler)
mila
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
edit: I JUST GOT THE BONUS EPILOGUE!!! my heart is like 😍💞💕😂🥰💗🥵💖🔥🔥🥰💓💖💘

4.5☆ | I've been waiting for this book since the first chapter of could be something good so I'm obviously biased when I say this was perfect but THIS WAS PERFECT. Kyle and Ainsley are the softest babies in Timber Falls I love them so much 🥰

I want Starla and Sawyer's book SO bad! she deserves a healthy relationship and also Sawyer doing sweet things for her I'm— 😍💘🥰💖 CAN'T WAIT
Jen
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kindle, from-author
Megan
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The second book in the Timber Falls series is here and it did not disappoint! After being introduced the town and some of the characters in the first book, the reader is once again taken back to Timber Falls to witness another adorable romance.

If you read the first book, the two main characters should be rather familiar to you. Kyle Durand, Daniel’s brother, and Ainsley Buchanan, Daniel’s best friend and Winnie’s roommate, take cen
Shay | Books Are Magic Too
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
“It felt much more crucial that he kiss her again.”

Thank you to the author, Fiona West for providing me an advance reader copy of this book after enjoying the first in the series, Could Be Something Good and really enjoying it.

I loved getting to be thrown right back into the familiarity of the characters from the first title, but expanding on another couple set - Kyle and Ainsley.

Ainsley, a first grade teacher, is THE woman around town - always involved, constantly lending a hand, never saying
Janna
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
General info

This is Ainsley and Kyle's love story. They have known each other for ages and they have both held crushes toward the other. Neither has shown their feelings to the other. Suddenly, a child mentions that Ainsley is getting married and Kyle really has to act.

Things I liked

This book is even the better than the first book in the series. I like Kyle and Ainsley more as characters and their story is so easy and fun to follow.
Kyle is a mildly autistic doctor who has to have order in his
Paula Leite
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5 Stars!!!

Ainsley and Kyle have known each other for years, but have never had the courage to admit their feelings for one another. But everything changes when Kyle finds out that Ainsley may be engaged, is he too late?

We’re back, for the second time, to the small town of Timber Falls, with all its charm and sense of community. This couple shows us the importance of respect and affection, mainly because Kyle is in the spectrum. Fiona works this very well, helping us to understand in a fantasti
Traci
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Be a Mistake is the second book in the small-town Timber Falls series. After reading the fourth book my interest was caught by the series and I had to go and read the rest of the series. The books can be read as standalones but once you start reading one of them, you will want to read them all so might as well start at the beginning. Timber Falls is a charming small town with all the small-town gossip, busybodies, and warm, loving families. I fell in love with the town and all the character ...more
B.
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet romance between Kyle, a doctor in the small town of Timber Falls and Ainsley, the best friend of Kyle’s younger brother. Kyle is on the autism spectrum and has difficulty expressing his emotions, but he has decided that it is time that he let Ainsley know how he feels.

The portrayals of the two main characters was so very sweet and I really enjoyed their romance.

I voluntarily reviewed a review copy of this book that I received from the author; however, the opinions are my own and
Kristen Lewendon
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kyle is a very special hero. I’d even go so far to say that he’s unlike any leading character I’ve read before. I spent most of this book just wanting to hug him tight and tell him that everything was going to be alright. Even though I know it’s the exact wrong thing for him, it’s still what I wanted to do. I was a little more hit and miss in my reactions with Ainsley. There were times I loved her and wanted to hug the stuffing out of her. And then there were the times I wanted to smack some sen ...more
Regan
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny but sad

I loved Kyle and I appreciated the nod to autism as I have relatives on the spectrum. But the part about racism made me sad. There is so much of it going on today that it was a little hard to face in what was supposed to be a rom com.
Overall, I did enjoy it and would recommend it.
Mary Warren
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story! Like it a lot! 💕💕💕
Kathy
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I enjoyed Kyle and Ainsley's story. Having not-so-perfect characters added a lot of interest. It was fun watching them dance around each other and then figure things out. I loved the epic proposal and the great ending.
Teresa
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance

A sweet and engaging story with compelling characters and an interesting premise set in a picturesque community. Really love these characters!
Valentina
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book, loved it.
Sherry Burns
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I couldn't put this book down and read it in an afternoon. Brilliantly written. I want more in this series.
Eileen Gernet
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

We are not all the same and should never be lumped together. Individuality is what makes the world go round and should be embraced by everyone.
ria ☆
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a super quick read. Helped me with my major book slump I'm having. The characters had me laughing out loud, and made my heart strings tug from the cuteness.

Ainsley's fear of rejection and unworthiness were not thoroughly explained enough, so I didn't understand her logic into establishing a relationship with Kyle.

Overall the characters were one dimensional, but I enjoyed this book! So, I recommend it for an easy, light read.
Misfit
Aug 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Must be a mistake is exactly what i thought about this book .
So What was wrong with this book ,you may ask ???
_First zero chemistry
_Bad representation of autism
_Lack of plot
_and i felt like every character got on my nerves
Melanie
I’m conflicted about rating this book, as it has conflicting characteristics. This was a nice blend of typical sweet rom-com and enough dashes of atypical flavor to keep it from blending in with the crowd.

It’s a pretty solid 3.5 stars, rounded down to 3 for the following reasons.

It has several things going for it, but some weak points as well. And sometimes its strengths are simultaneously its weaknesses.

Bonus points for unusual location of semi-rural, small town north-central Oregon. Yay!
Deduct
Christina
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was one I was excited to read because of the Autism representation and I liked that the author didn't make it be a big deal and focused on the romance and other conflicts in the story, however, there are moments where it felt more like the person who had the Autism was making fun of neurotypical without any context. Other than that, there are trigger warnings for racial discrimination (particularly with Somalian people)a. , bullying, and a ton of miscommunication (although because of t ...more
Mayar El Mahdy
2.5/5

I'm a sucker for an "I've been in love you for years and you didn't know it" story. It's almost the only romance trope I like. It's also very historical-fiction and I hate historical-fiction.

This book has Kyle, a doctor diagnosed with ASD, in love with Ainsley for around 11 years. She also loves him but they're both clueless.
I gotta say, the ASD representation here is interesting. It's just that the author declared that Kyle has ASD in the middle of some random prose. I felt it could've be
nick (the infinite limits of love)

A sweet and heartfelt small-town love story between a school teacher and an autistic doctor. There's a softness to this book that I completely adored.

CW: racial microaggresions towards a Somali Muslim immigrant by one of the townspeople
nikki
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-books
i really really love them!!! they might be my favorite couple from the series
Katie
Apr 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I am really loving this series. It is highly possible I teared up at the end of the scavenger hunt because it was all just so sweet.
Heather
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The couples in this series just get more endearing and lovely. I am seriously in love with this little Oregon town.
Blake
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
HEHEHE YEEESSS!

So this was the next relationship that I needed to see from this series! I was so happy to read about another romance novel that featured someone who had autism. Not only did he have Autism he also had been in love with sis for years. Finally he took the plunge to go for her after his nephew mistakenly said that she was going to get married. There were a bunch of misunderstandings unfortunately because she could've sworn he didn't like her and he had autism. But, as with all good

• Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy
  • Unpredictable (Love in LA, #3)
  • We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Maple Sugar Crush (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance #2)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • This Is How I Lied
  • Winning Hollywood's Goodest Girl (Hollywood, #2)
  • Of Literature and Lattes (Winsome #2)
  • F*cks to Give: 201 Reasons to Give a Sh*t
  • Rebellious (True Brothers MC, #2)
  • Hard Ride #1: A Novel in Three Parts (Ready to Ride #4a)
  • The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1)
  • 28 Summers
  • Beautiful Secret (Beautiful Bastard, #4)
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
  • Another Us
  • Swipe Right
Fiona West is an American author living in the Pacific Northwest. Writing romance is her favorite thing, followed closely by reading, knitting and drinking tea while looking out the window. When she’s not doing those things, she’s spending time with her husband and two kids. Her debut novel, The Ex-Princess, received a starred review from Publishers Weekly and was named one of their Best Books of ...more

Timber Falls (5 books)
  • Could Be Something Good (Timber Falls #1)
  • Right Back Where We Started (Timber Falls #3)
  • More Than We Bargained For (Timber Falls #4)
  • Just Getting Started (Timber Falls #5)