Start by marking “Icelandic-English/English-Icelandic Concise Dictionary” as Want to Read:
Icelandic-English/English-Icelandic Concise Dictionary

Icelandic-English/English-Icelandic Concise Dictionary

2.83  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Perfect for students or travelers, this dictionary has over 10,000 entries in a concise and easy-to-use format. Gender of Icelandic nouns are given and lists of English irregular plurals and verbs are provided.
Published October 1st 1989 by Hippocrene Books (first published January 1st 1989)

Be the first to ask a question about Icelandic-English/English-Icelandic Concise Dictionary

Timons Esaias
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
While this dictionary provides a basic reference for someone learning the language, it really needs to be retired. I just carried it on a trip to Iceland, and it repeatedly failed me when trying to interpret signs and menu items. The terminology seems to be around WWII in era, so most modern items don't appear in it.

So, okay for the shelf; useless for the trip.
Nicki Markus
Let's face it, as dictionaries go, this one is right down there with the worst of them. However, it is the only bilingual one I've come across, so it's a case of this or nothing.
I am only just starting to learn Icelandic, so it will do me for now as I quick reference, but I may need to look into get two new ones in the future, one for each way.
Chris
Apr 03, 2007 rated it it was ok
I ordered this because I wanted a small dictionary to take with me when working on my translation out of the house. I find it next to useless, however, as it only gives one word definitions and no parts of speech - if I'm packing up my laptop and a 500 page icelandic novel, I might as well take my full sized orðabók.
Kate Irwin-smiler