Start by marking “Daughter of the White Rose” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the White Rose

Daughter of the White Rose

Can a common girl save a prince trapped in the Tower of London?

April. England. 1483. The king is dead. Long live the king.

Nell Gould is the daughter of the royal butcher, a commoner, but she has been raised as the playmate of King Edward and Queen Elizabeth's royal children: Princess Cecily, Princess Bess, Prince Dickon, and Prince Ned, heir apparent and Nell's best an
Published February 16th 2021 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of the White Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of the White Rose

Start your review of Daughter of the White Rose
Darla
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The twin of a prince, but with no royal kin;
A witness to murder, though no blood was shed;
She once saved two kings, through both courage and fear,
And one still lives on, but the other is dead.
Who is she?

Set in the midst of the War of the Roses, this new middle grade title by Diane Zahler has a classic feel with a fresh twist. Like the classic 'The Door In the Wall,' there is royal intrigue, illness, and a young person finding their way. The narrative gives us glimpses into many aspects of late 1
Ms. Yingling
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

In the late 1400s, Nell Gould is the daughter of a butcher. She was born on the same day as Edward the Fifth (Ned); the queen even sent her own doctor to attend Nell'smother when she struggled, and the two remained close. Nell's father became the royal butcher, with the task of feeding 73 people at the castle. Nell is allowed to play with Ned and his sisters, and her younger brother Toby befriends the young prince Dickon. When the prince goes off to school and wri
Kasey Giard
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
It’s been a long time since I read CATHERINE, CALLED BIRDY, but I can definitely see why this book is compared to that one. Though DAUGHTER OF THE WHITE ROSE isn’t told in diary entries, it has the feel of someone recording a memoir. At first I thought that only the beginning might be that way since the first chapter is about Nell’s birth, but it’s a style that stays through the whole story.

I liked that the story followed Nell and her connection to the royal family. I also liked that though ther
Kate
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book based on the subject matter alone. The story of the princes locked in the tower has always fascinated me - such a tragic and terrifying piece of history. DAUGHTER OF THE WHITE ROSE had me captivated from the first page to the last. Rich with historical detail without sacrificing story or character, I absolutely loved it.
Wendy MacKnight
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
Spirited MG RE-telling of the mysterious disappearance of the two princes when Richard the III ascended the throne. Wonderfully written and a page-turner!
Bonnie DeMoss
Mari Anne
Tori Jean
Katrina Lybbert
Dec 26, 2020

• The Warrior's Curse (The Traitor's Game, #3)
  • Peril at Owl Park (Aggie Morton, Mystery Queen, #2)
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • When You Trap a Tiger
  • Heartseeker (Heartseeker #1)
  • Skylark and Wallcreeper
  • The Artifact Hunters (Rookskill Castle #2)
  • A Place to Hang the Moon
  • The Truth About Magic
  • Amelia Unabridged
  • Saving Mona Lisa: The Battle to Protect the Louvre and Its Treasures During World War II
  • The Language of Ghosts
  • The Lifters
  • Journey Beyond the Burrow
  • Vasilisa (Old Rus, #1)
  • These Unlucky Stars
  • In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
I grew up reading children's books and never wanted to do anything but write them. I'm the author of THE THIRTEENTH PRINCESS, A TRUE PRINCESS, PRINCESS OF THE WILD SWANS, SLEEPING BEAUTY'S DAUGHTERS, BAKER'S MAGIC, and my newest, THE MARVELWOOD MAGICIANS. I live in the country with my husband and very enthusiastic dog Jinx. Visit my website at www.dianezahler.com.