Start by marking “The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows (Vampire Series of Extreme Horror)” as Want to Read:
The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows (Vampire Series of Extreme Horror)

The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows (Vampire Series of Extreme Horror)

paperback
Published May 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows

Start your review of The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows (Vampire Series of Extreme Horror)
Amanda
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the second installment of the Vampire Series of Extreme Horror by Todd Sullivan, we travel back to South Korea. Hyeri, my favorite blood-thirsty vampire, is still on the run from the Gwanlyo, a secret organization of vampires to which she once belonged. She combines forces with the assassin who is after her to destroy her wicked uncle.

Her uncle is imbued with an even darker force now and has taken another young girl prisoner. The girl's father, a lazy slob who spends his days drunk and day-d
Shane Blackheart
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in an extreme horror series about vampires, and as in the last book, these aren't your ordinary vampires. This adds to the uniqueness of the series, and it most definitely stands out among other vampire stories because of its gruesome nature. I believe Todd Sullivan has hit upon something great for those who can handle a bit of gore. This review contains spoilers.

Hyeri is hellbent on killing her uncle, Sa-Hak, and for good reason.

As little girls go missing, Hyeri scours K
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
This is a sequel to the novella Butchers, which I've also read and reviewed, it picks up right where the first left off. Hyeri is the focal point this time, as she searches for her uncle to exact revenge for his less than familial loving ways.

First off I love the cover art, both novellas look great and set the tone for the contents. There was much that remained a mystery about the gray man of smoke and shadow, and I think the cover nailed it.

The Gwanylo still want to bring Hyeri to heel, she ha
Maggie Herrera ☾ (Witching Reads)
I love when a series keeps getting better and better as the books come out, in the Gray Man of Smoke and Shadows we follow one of the characters in the first novel Hyeri and her thirst for seeking vengeance against her uncle.

Just like the first novel this one doesn't disappoint, it was action packed, fast paced, gory and just straight up fun. The characters are crazy and unique, the entities also have their own personality which makes the reading experience a whole lot more interesting. Sulliva
Brennan LaFaro
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Volume two of Todd Sullivan’s Vampire Series of Extreme Horror picks up where Butchers left off, this time focusing on Hyeri, a character introduced in book one. Right away, Sullivan’s growth as a writer is on display. In my review for Butchers, I mentioned that the dialogue and language could be clunky at times. The Gray Man of Smoke and Shadow is a considerably smoother journey.
This story revolves around revenge, but with a few interesting twists. Hyeri utilizes her vampiric abilities to try a
J.N. Cameron
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Todd Sullivan’s vampire horror is fantastic, and this novel lived up to my expectations. From the beginning, his elegant writing drew me into Hyeri’s quest for revenge through a richly detailed environment. I won’t give spoilers, but I’m a massive fan of pretty much anything vampire-related, and this novel of Mr. Sullivan’s has slaked my thirst for good vampire literature.
Joe Scipione
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon to horrorbound.net
Angie
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can check out my full review at: https://mediadrome.wordpress.com/2020...

4.5 rounded up to 5 stars for Goodreads.
Todd Sullivan
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana

• Night of the Mannequins
  • Survivor Song
  • The Raven
  • Hunger Pangs
  • The Survival of Molly Southbourne (Molly Southbourne, #2)
  • The Malan Witch
  • Tinfoil Butterfly
  • Out at Sea
  • If It Bleeds
  • Final Cuts: New Tales of Hollywood Horror and Other Spectacles
Todd Sullivan attended his first serious writing class in 1995 at Stanford University. Between 1997 and 2002, he participated in the National Book Foundation's 10 day summer writing retreats. In 2006, he graduated with a Bachelors in English with Concentrations in Creative Writing from Georgia State University. He moved to New York that same year, and received a Masters of Fine Arts from Queens Co ...more

News & Interviews