Start by marking “Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo: The Incredible World of Japanese Fantasy Films” as Want to Read:
Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo: The Incredible World of Japanese Fantasy Films

Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo: The Incredible World of Japanese Fantasy Films

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The author of "The Japanese Filmography" presents the definitive, extensively illustrated study of Japanese science fiction movies. With the "Godzilla" movies (1954-1995) at the center of it all, Galbraith has assembled a virtual "Who's Who" of filmography and interviews of the major players in this rising cult world of the fire-breathing lizard. 156 photos. 32 illustratio ...more
Published December 1st 1997 by Feral House

To ask other readers questions about Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo

Jim Dooley
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It is incredibly difficult for me to classify this book. Is it a history, a reference book, a collection of interviews, or the ultimate fanzine? The simple answer is that it is all of these and more. For me, I suppose it is closest to a lavishly illustrated special issue of the late, lamented CASTLE OF FRANKENSTEIN. That is likely why it is also one of my favorites.

I have pulled this book out to look up information as much as I have gone back to enjoy it as I would a beloved monster magazine. It
Rod
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's next to impossible to explain to the unbelieving (or at least not-understanding) about the appeal of Japanese giant monster movies ("kaiju eiga"). But if you're already one of the converted, this book is a must. Not as thick and academic as some essays on the subject, this is simply a fan's guide to some of the essential movies and many of the well-known actors in the genre. With lots of background material in interviews too.
Phillip Lozano
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably informative, well-written and just plain fun, Galbraith's tome is invaluable and authoritative. A real pleasure to devour or simply skim the various sections and articles, it's a fantastically good piece of work on the subject of the golden age of Japanese science fiction film.
Tori
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
This was a very very informative book. I now realize I need to watch more Japanese movies. It was well written and documented. Lots of references.
Marlowe
Cory Brunson
Aug 17, 2016
Mike Bogue
Sep 15, 2017
Stuart Galbraith IV is the author of seven books. He also makes DVD audio commentaries and liner-note essays, writes a DVD column for the English edition of "The Daily Yomiuri", and reviews DVDs at DVDTalk.com. He lives in Kyoto.
More about Stuart Galbraith IV