Start by marking “The Assassin's Daughter (The Hybrid Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin's Daughter (The Hybrid Chronicles Book 1)

The Assassin's Daughter (The Hybrid Chronicles Book 1)

I've been hiding from the Guild since I was born.
If they knew about my magic, they would kill me in a heartbeat.
I should be avoiding them, but instead, I enter the Guild as a regular human recruit.
Why?
Papa went missing after a mission, and I need answers.
I realize I might have bitten off more than I can chew when my new instructor is the guy I kissed a few months before.
It
Kindle Edition
Published July 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Assassin's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assassin's Daughter

Start your review of The Assassin's Daughter (The Hybrid Chronicles Book 1)
Cat | Bookocraze
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
TWO amazing international prizes are up for grabs in the blog tour currently running for this book!
For the giveaway, click here.

BlogYouTubeInstagramFacebookTwitter

The Assassin's Daughter, is the very first installment in the The Hybrid Chronicles by Shana Vernon.

Exceptionally written and riveting, it sets the stage for a highly promising brand new series.

The Plot
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
3 star

This was a fun fast paced read with a strong father daughter relationship. I really enjoyed the Guild and learning all of the secrets. Loved seeing all the different types of powers manifest.

The insta love was a bit too much for me personally and felt forced. That's just my personal opinion though, I've never been one for insta love.
Micheal
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
*I won this novel for my Amazon Kindle from a giveaway on GoodReads and was asked for an honest review*

This is my first read by this author. This novel really surprised me because I honestly thought I was going to be bored however, It really was an excitingly fast-paced read. The main character is a really likeable person even though she grew up as a loner. I enjoyed all the action in the story and the budding romances were not expected at all. For a debut author, she did a really great job with
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3/5 stars

This book was a quick and easy fun read. I definitely was interested in the main character, but the side characters and the love interest never had me fully interested. I feel like this book would benefit with expanding more on certain aspects. Its a short book, so expanding different experiences and showing the friendships grow would've helped it a lot. I'll still continue the series since I want to know what happens next for Luella.
Shelley
*Source* Kindle Unlimited
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

The Assassin's Daughter is the first installment in author Shana Vernon's The Hybrid Chronicles. Lenna Turgenov's father Alexei is an assassin who works for the Guild. The Guild is an ancient organization of assassins who accept contracts against the worst members of society. The humans or vampires the Government either won't or can't touch. But, Alexei's been missing for 14 days and the only person who may have any idea what be
B.L. Callaghan
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is #squadgoals!
Shana Vernon created such a fascinating world in this book - and the characters are amazingly funny and talented.
The plot keeps you guessing to the very end and I CANNOT wait for the next one!!!
I need to know what happens to my girl Lenna!
O. D. Book Reviews
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Short: This book gave me Buffy vibes and if you should know anything about me, it’s that Buffy is my life so anything with that kind of feel is a must-read for me. This book was full of action, danger, and a strong heroine that is unlike others. It’s a story about a woman on a dangerous and difficult mission but it is told with lovely themes of friendship and overcoming hardships.

Pros: This story was really exciting and a fun read. The powers the characters possess are varied and spectacular.
Rajiv
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

[Blog]::[Youtube]::[Twitter]::[Instagram]::[Pinterest]::[Bloglovin]

This is why I always love reading books by self-published debut authors. Sometimes they are SO much better than those mass produced books out there. “The Assassin’s Daughter” completely surprised me because I did not expect to love it so much! This book was amazing! It was like reading X-Men mixed with Kill Bill . I loved it!

The first thing that stood out for me was the characters. Even though Lenna is the main cha
Eleanor Howlett
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An exciting, fast-paced read with well-developed characters that are a pleasure to either root for or hate. All the action scenes kept me on the edge of my seat and there were several twists that had me gasping aloud in shock.

The main character, Lenna, is likeable and motivated by the purest of intentions - the desire to find her papa - but there's a deliciously dark edge to her which kept her real and relatable while still being unpredictable and uncompromising on her values.

Romance crackles be
Elizabeth
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where, where do I start!?
Right away the reader is thrown into the story. There was very little background and build up but hey, this was a bit on the shorter side. That in no way hindered the experience. In fact it was kind of nice not spending an immense amount of time waiting for the story to start.

The myriad of characters that Vernon has created in her story truly brings this fantasy adventure to life. Our protagonist makes a variety of friends who's personalities vary from snarky and sassy
Bonnie
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗'𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚢 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚗 {𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 #𝟙}
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔."
𝖲𝗒𝗇𝗈𝗉𝗌𝗂𝗌:
Lenna is the secret child of a Guild assassin who has gone missing. While she has managed to keep her identity a secret for so long, she must now enter the ranks of the Guild and train as an assassin, undercover and withholding her powerful abilities. However, along the way she discovers much more than she ever imagined, gaining friendships and unexpected allies, as well as
Douglas Williamson
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Our heroine's father has gone missing after his last mission. In spite everyone telling her to move on (including her father), she is determined to follow him and find out what happened. That begins by walking into the lion's den...

This is book one of the series. Enough said.

This is something of a paranormal action adventure story with a young adult feel to it. The story is fairly well written, and easy to read, but I found it to be a little weak or simplistic at times, which is why I call it a
Blake
Aug 19, 2020 rated it liked it
(FYI I tend to only review one book per series, unless I completely change my mind on a series, so want to change my scoring down a lot)

How I rate Stars: 5* = I loved (must read all I can find by the author)
4* = I really enjoyed (got to read all the series and try other books by the author).
3* = I enjoyed (I will continue to read the series)
or
3* = Good book just not my thing (I realised I don't like the genre or picked up a kids book to review in error.)

All of the above scores means I would r
Nerys
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sara Sigler
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lenna was trained by her father the top assassin of the guild. But he was chained up and being tortured to find what he knew about what they were really doing to innocent people. All of the initiatives got different talents to use. They did a lot of training to be the assassins that the guild wanted them to be. Lenna, and 2 of her friends found her dad with disastrous results. New author— she just sucked you right in and you couldn’t put the book down in case you missed something. Love this book ...more
Linda Frigault
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I can't get enough of good UF stories where the storyline, the characters and plot are well developed and i get swept up in that world created by the author. This first installment of The Hybrid Chronicles series is one of them and being a first published book by this author... well done!! With non-stop action, suspense,main character and side characters that gives so much more to the story, will make fans of Urban Fantasy, like me fervent followers of this series. Be prepared to be unavailable ...more
Ronel Olver
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lena is on an investigative mission to find out what happened to her father. She is extremely skilled and patient as she was trained by her father to be one of the best assassins at the Guilds, but she is also levelheaded, calculating, and does not allow her emotions to interfere with decisions. The supporting characters are extremely well done and each has a personality that shines through. Plot is spellbinding and drags you in and leaves you wanting more at the end. Bring on book 2!

I received
Tiffany L Poynter
Aug 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Great Accident

I accidentally ran across this book and I’m glad that I did. I really enjoyed the diversity of the different characters. It did take me a bit to warm up to so many characters but eventually I was able to keep them all straight and really start enjoying the book.
The world was great. I enjoyed that Lenna was in her own world at the guild but yet we still got to glimpse the world outside.
Definitely looking forward to the 2nd one. I NEED to find out what happens! A definite cliffh
Sandra
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, ebooks
Enjoyable YA urban fantasy with a kick-ass heroine in Lenna. I like how she is super competent having already been trained by her father - the Guild's best assassin and is using that against them to infiltrate the academy as a new recruit to find her father. And I love the friendships and allies she has made (even though she was trying not to) and can't wait to see where things go next. I am not sold on the romance yet though. We will have to see how Cade reacts when he finds out who she is and ...more
Rachel Osborne
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This interesting story starts off with a bang and you're drawn into the story straight away. I absolutely adored the characters and their dynamic personalities. It really made the story shine. There's loads of action and twists and turns everywhere. It's a story you'll get lost into and before you know it, you're at the end of the book and screaming for more. Beautifully written and completely engaging!
Scarolet Ellis
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Assassin's Daughter by Shana Vernon is a fantastic story that I have had the privilege to read. This is book number one in this fantastic start to a brand new series written by a brand new author for me to read. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic, fantasy and paranormal romance.

Lauren James  (storied.adventures)
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, paranormal
Full review on my blog, Storied Adventures!

This was a fun, quick read! It had Vampires, assassins, and magical powers! Plus a sassy, smart, confident MC! I really liked the assassin school. It was like an assassin college. I think things could have gone a bit more in depth there though.
I am excited to read the second book!
Meaghan Hurn
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
The Assassin's Daughter is a fun and engaging read for lovers of urban and paranormal fantasy.

I really appreciated finding a fun read in this genre that wasn't chock full of unnecessary erotic scenes and that had really well developed characters and world building.

Looking forward to more of Shana Vernon's books!
Heather Bane
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good read. I thought the character work was good and the storyline interesting. The story had a good flow with a good plot. I’m looking forward to the next book and would recommend reading.

luke greaves
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Fantastic book, loved how it was put together.
Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down, can’t wait for the next installment.
Loved all the characters lenna, max, rider, Cade, sofia all of them such amazing characters and how they are brought together.
Definitely worth a read
Manon
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! I honestly enjoyed every minute of it. It was fast-paced (like, incredibly fast), but I think this was one of the strong assets of the book. The characters were likeable, and the plot was good, although predictable.
Juliet Gray
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, after being stuck in a book runt it was nice to read something refreshing that kept me on my toes

Tristan Burbridge
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
The story line and character work were good. The book had a fairly smooth flow to it. This was a great series starter and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Katie Young
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Assassin's Daughter is an amazing book. It’s action-packed with some romance and I couldn’t put it down! I read it in one sitting and I cannot wait for another book. If you love supernatural books with a protagonist who kicks butt you’ll love this book!
Jade Frances
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
So in love with Lenna! This book caught my attention from the very start and I couldn’t put it down! All the characters have unique quirks that make them so likeable. The friendships are believable and plot twists brilliant! Avidly awaiting book two!

• Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand #2)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand #3)
  • Touched by Fire (Demons of New Chicago, #1)
  • Magitek (The Rift Chronicles, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • A Crown of Blood and Bone (The Shadow Walkers Saga, #1)
  • Cinderella Unmasked: A Steamy Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Broken River (Grizzly Bear Lake, #1)
  • Vork (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #1)
  • Bear's Mate (Fire Bear Shifters, #1)
  • Mason's Mission (Broken Shifters #6)
  • Broken Souls (Of Blood and Fury, #1)
  • Gods and Demons (Dark Streets #1)
  • A Burning