Start by marking “The Emperor (Dark Verse, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Emperor (Dark Verse, #3)

The Emperor

(Dark Verse #3)

What happens when a legacy of ruin mates with a realm of blood?

Heir to the notorious Tenebrae Outfit, Dante Maroni has been trained since birth. A silent rebel in the shadows, he has learned to hide his ruthlessness under his charm, his brutality under his suits, and his love for one woman under his silence. Infiltrating the Syndicate responsible for the missing children,
Published January 6th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Emperor, please sign up.
Sara It will be released on December 24th.

Start your review of The Emperor (Dark Verse, #3)
EmBibliophile
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

I don’t know where to start. I apologise for the freakin long review in advance, I just had things I needed to say! I just love how this series isn’t “stereotypical” its different in its storyline and the way it deals with certain situations. it’s also pretty clear that the author’s writing really improved here. This one was darker than the previous two, but still so emotional and so raw? Dante and Amara’s relationship was just so sweet? So strong? So real? Those two were just so perfect togethe
RuNyx RuNyx
Jul 26, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Am I allowed to say that this story left me raw? Because it did.

LIVE NOW ON ALL PLATFORMS!
Grab your copy: https://books2read/the-emperor
julia ☁
~ 𝟯.𝟱
❝I will kiss you and brand myself upon your heart, Amara,❞ he told her quietly. ❝Just make sure you’re ready for me to.❞

✔ 𝗛𝗨𝗛… 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟, 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦... unexpected. Basically, I went into The Emperor with sky high expectations. Which, I know, I shouldn't have done. But, at the same time, I feel like I couldn't help but have the bar set exponentially high. See, in both The Predator and The Reaper author RuNyx hyped up the romance between Dante and Amara. Throughout both books hints a
Mickey (Fictionalden)
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

”You’re the beat to my heart, Amara.”

Same Dante. Same. 😏😏😏😏
From the very start I felt very possessive over Amara, I was willing to kill Dante too for her, no matter how much I loved him. And his dirty mouth. And his cuteness. Amara & Tristan above all is my motto now. (Tristan is the main character from book 1 & 2 and if you haven’t read his books yet then what have you been doing all this time? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃)

The main reason I liked this book so much is because it wasn’t stereotypical, as in ther
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

IMG-20210113-200821-401

Wow... This was a long journey!
I knew that Dante and Amara were tangled before, but I just didn't imagine the amount of time.
Well... We're talking about more than a decade of a hidden, intense and forbidden love here!

Their journey starts when Amara is 10 yrs old, and Dante is 15 yrs old.
A loooot of things happened with each one of them while they were growing up, to mold the kind of person that they are in their adulthood. Both of them had traumatic situations, and while Dante became mo
Natasha
May 30, 2021 rated it liked it
If you can't tell I'm obssesed with this series😂 I couldn't wait to start Dante and Amara's book.

Dante is the mafia prodigal son who one day is groomed to take over and Amara is their housekeeper daughter who always had a huge crush on Dante.
Their story is told in 3 parts.
The first 2 parts are in the past, following their story from when they are practically children and into their teens. And the third half is present time.

What was my problem actually here?
I didn't like that we spent so muc
goodreadss
Jan 25, 2021 rated it liked it
(3.25) needed more angst babes
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

I want to give this author 5 stars just for her warnings, I absolutely detest when an author doesn't warn readers about triggering subject matters in their books. Not everyone can read about rape or assault and I prefer to be forewarned. So thank you dear author( not 5 stars yet because y'all know I'm stingy with those 😂😂😂😂)

The first part of this book covers Dante and Amara as children, she's the daughter of his family's housekeeper and he's the mafia prince, set to inherit his cru
zaraa
i don’t know how to rate this book because i just have alot of mixed feelings towards it— i is confused.

the thing is there is so much that happens in this one book that my feelings and brain cells are overwhelmed. i do love Dante and Amara as characters and even their romance, but somewhere i just felt like the development and the balance between the romance and the actual plot was a bit off. RuNyx tried to divide the timeline of the different events that took place in this book, yet it just di
☽ mira
5⭐️

“She was the beat to his heart and he was the beat to hers, both of them pulsing together.”

fuck me this was GOOD. dante and amara had so much chemistry before their book so i knew i was going to love them. their first kiss actually gave me butterflies like it was so sudden and unexpected. ugh i love love love this book.

the number of times i cried throughout this. the first part was fucking sad, i fucking felt for amara. the girl is so strong and i don't even know how she survive
Darlene I read WAY to many books
♡tanaz♡
5+ STARS FOR DANTE & AMARA!

"She was just a girl and he was just a boy, and somehow, their broken pieces matched."

After The Predator, I was so ready to dive into the story of the childhood star crossed lovers who were going through a rough patch, and this book didn't just take me on a journey of their love, but also their sheer testament, loyalty, and patience for each other!

I devoured this story because not only is Amara that bitch, but Dante has to be the most alpha and protective male ch
Penny
this was such a hot mess. on the one hand, i'm trash for forbidden romances that stretch over the years, with the couple meeting in secret whenever they can. on the other, there was a lot of telling rather than showing and the plot was.. not it.

but, for some reason i still enjoyed this a lot. dante and amara had crazy chemistry together and it helped that i've been dying to get their story since the first book (why do i always get so fucking obsessed with side characters? 😭)

🖤 The Emperor is divi
ʏᴀ ɴᴀꜱᴛʏ ɢɪʀʟ ↬ Ⓛ
HOLY MOLY, SHIT, WOWZA, AND THE FEELS 🔥🙊🔥✨ IS ALL I GOTTA SAY...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I FELT 🔥 Dante & Amara tragic love story on so many levels I can’t even fathom. The angst, pain, pleasure, and feels.. gosh it hurts so good y’all. 😌 I can’t. 😂😂🙊 Anywhos! 😙 I can’t wait for y’all to experience what I’m talking about. 👏🏻

Just a little taste 👅
“He and I, we are doomed to bleed from a wound that will never heal.”

“You’re in my blood, beating in my fucking heart. Th
Yan
4.25 / 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Here's me being *low-key* proud of myself for finally genuinely loving a book in this series:

What made me see the light?
I loved Tristan in the first two books even though I was not a fan of Morana but the guy was just so reserved and not very vocal but I loved his Kulti-vibe nonetheless. I guess with this one, it helped that it has a dual first-person POV plussss I also started warming up to the whole story arc / major plot hence the rating. 🥰

I. 👏🏻Strong lead characters👏🏻
A bad
ApoorvaReads

I’ve been ruined. This was something else entirely. RuNyx has ruined me. The writing, the suspense, the plot, the characters- everything was perfect. EVERYTHING. I have almost half of the book highlighted- trust me it was THAT good.

“We’re not a love story. We’re a tragedy in
mila
Nov 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm a really simple girl, you know... If something breaks me to pieces, just to put me back together with the most beautiful moments, then I'm in. No questions asked.

I really don't know how to define Dante and Amara, and their relationship, because it's not like anything I
Cristina
Emotional book, especially the first and second part. I enjoyed to read how Dante and Amara’s story began. It’s a HEA, but ends in a cliffhanger. The book continues the plot line from the The Reaper, revealing more about the Syndicate. Oh, and we get more of Tristan and Morana 😀.
Ana Manjić
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
58-EF0125-A14-B-4-AD6-A674-B912-BDEEB930

I won't talk much, not because there's nothing to say, believe me there is but because sometimes less is more.

I remember excitement and thrill after reading book1 and then I said: only sky is her limit - I still stick to that statement.

Book3 gives you all the excitement and the darkness you seek in the dark romance but also it gives you delicious danger and lust in one story. Happy reading!

‘Fate is always weaving its threads, Dante. We just don’t see them until our eyes open.’

ABC91570-A175-4-C7-B-9573-F3-DE21015-EEE
ana clara
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing

“… in that moment, she was just a girl and he was just a boy, and somehow, their broken pieces matched.”

The excellence of a childhood friends to lovers, forbidden romance, and (view spoiler) tropes together! The Emperor is fully a serve, and one of my best and favorite reads from 2021.
I’ve been very curious about Dante and Amara’s story (individually and as a couple, because I was sure they were something) since the first book, and I’m so happy for what we’d
MissLilyVerdant
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark romance lovers, Mafia romance lovers, Forbidden romance lovers
Bleeding, beautiful, brilliant masterpiece from my favorite author! 🔥✨

Maybe, they were both the same beats. Maybe, theirs was the same heart. 💞
There are love stories that hit you with a wrecking ball and this, is one of them.
description

Veins. The blue-hued web of shadows beneath the skin; the complex transport system of everything that is required to keep us alive. Words are the life force of books and readers travelers inside the depths of it. I felt I was a drop of blood in transit through the v
Amy
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Dark Verse series and brings us the story of Dante and Amara.

I'll start off by saying I was not prepared for how deep the love connection was between Dante and Amara, obviously we got snippets of them in the first 2 books (which I fucking LOVE btw, Tristan for life) but I wasn't expecting this type of intense connection. Spanning over many years, from childhood to the present, it's an epic love story and having it written this way made it easy to bond with them both.

"You're
*V* (Bookish.Gusto)
Tish
5 “Rule me” Stars

Ok. No fucking way. I mean I’m going through a crisis but like ??? Me giving all three books in this series thus far 5 whole stars? Wow.

Can I just say this is one of the most romantic books I’ve ever read? I know it’s a romance book but holy hell what a LOVE. First off, Dante is hands down the most romantic, kindest heir to the mafia throne I have ever read. I literally was in awe?? I literally fell in love with him?? And Amara, sweet strong Amara. I just loved their love. I lo
eli
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I thought this was going to be a second chance romance so naturally, I was scared because I hate that trope with all my heart, but honestly the childhood best friends + the forbidden romance... I mean how could I not request an arc for it? and im glad I did because this ended up being one of my favorite mafia romance I've read.
gonna start saying that the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I wanted more fights between then, idk if this sounds fucked up but it is what it is lmao, the
Milica's Bookshelf
Loved this series, this story and I'm so excited about the next one.
In this part, we finally find out what happened between Dante and Amara, what interested us during the first two books, at least me... and we get to know their characters better, their inner struggles, their hopes... their love. ♥
Puppybhai
5 "can I have my own Dante stars 🥺" ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love this book more than the first two and that's a fact I can't deny anymore 🤭❤️

This was so much better than the first two books of this series. I was so involved emotionally that I was crying like a baby over some scenes and didn't even realise. 🥺❤️

To have a heart like Amara, to have a love like Dante, to have mother like Amara, to have friends like theirs. Everything was just perfect for me. ❤️

Lulu the cat🥺❤️

Ps. Now I'm hooked to another series and
Sav
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I literally have no words, but Dante and Amara sure do I highlighted this book 88 times! I literally died over ever word they said to each other!
The love between these two felt so real I literally couldn’t hardly handle😭

Was this better then the Predator Or the Reaper? I honestly don’t want to compare them they are so different while being the same and yet unique and gah I’m just so obsessed with this universe 😭.

I love RuNyx’s Writing style.

I can’t wait for the Finisher.

Dante is a pussy eating
Jess *lovetolovebooks*
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Give me your dreams and your nightmares, your pleasure and your pain, your fantasies and your fears. Give me everything. Be my queen outside, and my dirty, filthy girl inside.”

Imagine one of your favorite authors. You have loved everything they have written. Now imagine you just read an ARC of their upcoming release and it does the impossible: it surpasses the previous books which you all gave five stars. The Emperor has firmly cemented the idea in my head that RuNyx has ruined all other mafia
Eiman Radwan
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 heart beats Stars!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Where should I start!
This book is painfully beautiful cover to cover!
RuNyx strikes once again!!!
This author is becoming one of my favorite authors so fast.
Her stories grab you from the very first word taking you on a fantastical journey.
The Emperor left me laughing, smiling, angry, sad, devistated, heartbroken and ecstatic!
The emotions this book evoked and brought out in me put me on such a high, that I'm still thinking about it.
Amara & Dante are the kind of characte
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Empress of Poisons (The Tarkhanov Empire, #2)
  • Kingpin's Foxglove (The Tarkhanov Empire, #1)
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact, #1)
  • Betray Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite #2)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Of Violent Lineage (The Vigliano Underworld, #1)
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • When Heroes Fall (Anti-Heroes in Love, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Broken Puppet (Elite King's Club, #2)
  • When Villains Rise (Anti-Heroes in Love, #2)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Dark Notes
See top shelves…
RuNyx enjoys creating universes and setting them on fire. She loves to travel, wants to adopt a dog before 30 and learn different languages. When she's not writing, she's reading, traveling, meditating, daydreaming, and most of all, procrastinating.

Even though she's intensely private, she shares a strong bond with her readers. Her favorite part about writing is knowing that it has somehow changed

Dark Verse (5 books)
  • The Predator (Dark Verse, #1)
  • The Reaper (Dark Verse, #2)
  • The Finisher (Dark Verse, #4)
  • Untitled (Dark Verse, #5)

News & Interviews

For hard-core book lovers, the month of December is a mixed blessing. Those relentless holiday obligations tend to cut into reading time....
“You’re my magnum opus, Amara,” he told her, pressing his forehead against hers, a move that always brought the turmoil in him to a standstill. “And I am your humble servant.”
“No,” she whispered, her words falling against his lips. “You are my emperor.”
7 likes
“You’re not going to walk through life, Amara,” he uttered roughly, each word a vow that cemented itself in her heart. “You’ll dance through it. And I’ll fucking remove anyone who tries to break your rhythm. I promise you.” 0 likes