Start by marking “The Test (The 4 Horsemen #2)” as Want to Read:
The Test (The 4 Horsemen #2)

The Test

(The 4 Horsemen #2)

I woke up to my roommate and best friend missing. In her place was a note on my bedside table that read: You can only find me with your eyes closed.
No one thinks a note like that is meant for them.
I knew it was meant for me, a clue, a way to seek Justice.
Whoever left me that note was hoping I didn’t let my parent’s legacy die when they did. They wanted to see what kind o
Expected publication: November 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Test

Start your review of The Test (The 4 Horsemen #2)
Crystal Bell
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
BAM, and just like that, Elena has done it again, another dark book that is amazing. The Test is book two in The 4 Horseman series, Vic and Justice story.

I had a love/hate relationship with Vic is book one, and now that we see a different side of him, I can say he is one of my favorites. He still can be a jerk, don’t get me wrong. It was great reading his character growths. Justice and Vic both have baggage, and that girl is his equal. She definitely challenged him.

Someone really needs to s
Tristina Brockway
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elena has written yet another amazing book in The 4Horsemen Series! Justice and Vic are so much more than what I could have ever hoped for. Their journey, while tough and heartbreaking at times, is also incredibly hilarious and super sexy. I saw a whole new side of Vic that I never imagined existed and Justice just did what she does and slays all day everyday. I'll be adding Vic to my Book Boyfriend's along with Grimm, and I can't wait to see who's next!
Amber Salazar
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elena, Elena, Elena... you always do this to me, make me obsessed with your characters.. while reading The Initiation I was intrigued by Vic, consumed by is attitude and his all around dickish demeanor, what can I say I love a jerk in a suit.. I needed his book..

After reading The Test Vic became so much more then just a jerk, or a man trying to be perfect, he became someone who showed he has a heart, and would gladly give it to someone who truly deserved it..Elena showed me a side of Vic I didn’
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While I am obsessed with every book Elena Monroe has written, The Test takes the top spot!

This book was absolutely phenomenal! From the dark twisted corruption of the Clave, to winning battles between Justice and Vic, and the insanely intense chemistry they have there was so much to love about this book!

“I don’t want to take you down... I want you to destroy me before I destroy myself.” “I’ll destroy you if you destroy me.”

The push and pull between Vic and Justice was a thrill to watch unfold.
Jett David
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Test is the second book in The 4Horsemen series It is about Vic and Justice, who are both very strong and independent. Both characters are constantly battling within themselves and through their relationship, they learn to find themselves.

I really liked Justice. She is a ball of fiery energy, all sass, and independence. She goes head to head with WAR himself and doesn't allow him to control her. I loved the banter between the two of them and the attitude that Justice has when she speaks to
NativeHippiesBookObsession
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚐𝚞𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎.”

This is Elena Monroe’s best book to date!

The Test was addicting. The rush, the consumption, the angst.
Once I got a taste for this story I wasn’t able to put it down. Hands down my favorite book in the series -and of the authors- so far!

Justice and Vic are a power couple. Both hungry for winning and I loved watching them battle it out with their banter and antics. Vic is alpha. Legit the kind of asshole we love to fall for. His M
Kellyann
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got to read this beauty early and this is an honest review. I loved this book. This author has a writing style that is bound to capture your heart with every read. This book is no different. She gets down and dirty but it’s still fun and hot. The rollercoaster ride of emotions is endless and continues long after you finish reading. I can’t get enough. This book was gripping, powerful and hair-raising good!! Alpha male meets his match!! This book is beyond ineffable!!
Amanda Davanzati
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series has honestly be something I can’t get out of my head. I was instantly sold within a few chapters of the first book, The Initiation. This book was the exact same way of not even more.

The Test picks up where these characters left off from, however we are now following Vic and Justice. These two together think that they are just trying to get the win against the other, but they come to learn they are alike. They both have has struggles to deal with and they both have had a difficult pa
Ana Manjić
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
AC52-DA6-A-0-FD7-4769-9-B6-D-A018-FF1828-FE

Justice is our hero here – she saved Vic from himself. He is the one to be feared, the one with the rules you don't want to break, a very handsome and deadly man. And yet, our pink-haired girl with neon shirts saw something in him, challenged him on daily basis..and nobody challenges our Golden Boy. Or maybe he found his equal?!..

Elena has this special way of storytelling
Alexandra Harber
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elena how is it possible that your books just get better and better every damn time?!

So when I first read the initiation Vic wasn’t my favourite, he was a bit of a dick (lol) but now after reading the test his character has evolved so beautifully.

Justice is the most amazing female lead character! I never realised I needed a character so hell-bent on fighting for what she believes in but now I need more of her in my life!

The chemistry between these two is palpable, from beginning to end they are
PAD.My.Bookshelf Blog
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it

RELEASING NOVEMBER 4th, 2020

REVIEW
’I don’t want to take you down...I want you to destroy me before I destroy myself.” ”I’ll destroy you, if you destroy me.”

Justice is the friend that everyone wants in their life. Fiercely protective of those she loves and fights for what she believes in with her whole being. After losing her parents when she was young, she holds on to those she calls close and lives her days like it's her last. What does she do when she catches the eye of Vic Rockefelle
Ria
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc in exchange for honest feedback.

"Justice rarely happens on its own. It comes from a place of starvation, threat violence, guilt and dishonour".

Elena, I'm buzzing off my tits. The 4Horsemen series is... depravity hot 🔥
Once you've had a taste of corruption, you cannot go back to sweet and safe. And, Victory 'Vic' Rockefeller oozes testosterone and narcissism.

If anyone else has read this... Are you craving a warhammer? 🍭

Heather (Bake•Craft•Read)
* 4.5 STARS *

Review To Be Posted
Ana Elena
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is abounding in soul-gripping emotions and is masterfully plotted in such a captivatingly alluring way that I guarantee is due to leave its readers yearning for more even before they finish the story.
Every page is the inked proof of the author's care and dedication for this book and you feel it with each word's caress which surrounds you in its magic.
Richelle Zirkle
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding entry in the 4Horsemen series. I love that as we progress, we’re catching up with previous MCs again and breadcrumbing future MCs. Justice and Vic are the central focus, but the others are still all stars in their own ways. This is a book that you really want to go in blind for. Vic comes across as being the perfect all star Clave employee, but there are so many layers that are uncovered here. Justice is everything you want in an FMC. She is Vic’s match in an alpha female for ...more
Kodie Mackay
And just like that we have Vic the dicks book. Let me tell you how fucking shook I am at all that is this book.

Vic and Justice take hate to love to a whole new level with their need to win, the darkness that consumes them and the tangible tension burning between them. They are bad for eachother in the worst ways but it feels so damn right that nothing else matters.

We all know Vic is a royal class dick in the biggest most arrogant no fucks given way. And yet I still wanted to know what kind of
Ashley
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 from Elena Monroe in her latest series about the 4Horseman. The Test focuses on the characters Vic and Justice. We initially met both of these characters in the first book The Initiation that tells the story of Grimm and Abigail. I was so excited to return back to this world and really get into the details of the next Horseman, Vic. While I did not relate with Vic and Justice nearly as much as I did with Grimm and Abigail, it was a wonderful story with plenty of great information. ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Like the fine line that lives between war and peace, it is the same that lives between love and hate. Victory and Justice crackle with energy when they are near one another and their chemistry is nuclear when they come together.

We pick up The Test with Victory; conquest of everything around him, winning at everything whether it is a game, his career, killing, ruling over people, etc... Victory wasn't named Victory to lose. That is until Justice enters his life, a worthy opponent and one that wil
Kitxia
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5.

Arc kindly provided for an honest review.

I really liked the first book but this one is definitely my favourite.
I thought I was going to read about this big bad golden boy but oh god, Vic is the contrary of a bad boy, he’s a baby!
We get to see a completely different side of him in this book, in the first one we got this dark scary version of him, I really thought he was going to be this ruthless bad boy and he is in a kind of way but he’s so much more than that, he gives me this Hades v
Bookiechick  Reviews
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow. After book 1 I wasn’t sure what to expect for this one, and let me tell ya, I’m here for this!
This is Vic and Justices story and I loved it. The heartache, emotional and just the whirlwind of the ride had me. Don’t get me wrong Vic will test a lot of people. There’s definitely a love/hate situation when it comes to him cause he just brings that out in anyone but you also just can’t help but love him just a little. Not gonna lie, I envied the all consuming love he had for justice. When he
Sanmugapriya
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4ish-star
4.25 Star Read
“We were both half of something whole; we just didn’t know what yet. Each other? The end of the world? Peace? War?”

After Reading Grimm’s Book I had a Two main Thoughts. I was not a great fan of Vic the D*k. And was totally intrigued by Justice because why not I have never come across an Activist Character in any book I have read so far. So you can understand how excited I would be to read about these two. The book starts with Justice trying to extract info from Vic to find her lost
Katslovesbooks
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was an amazing read! twisted, dark, sexual and dangerous in all the right places.

Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop reading it , this story called to me and I couldn't let it go, so yes I'm OBSESSED with this story and with the Horsemen.

Vic and Justice were the perfect combination of sugar and spice, their imperfections made this couple imperfectly perfect for each other. I adored how they fought and conquered each others hearts, how they were each other lights at the end of
Little_Pleasures Book Review
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Love is just regret waiting to happen."

Why are there only five stars? The Test deserves at least a million! 😍

In all honesty, I've sat down to write this review countless times now and have been lost for words each time, words don't seem to do any justice to the heat Elena brought with this one! I would actually go as far as saying that Elena is one of the most underrated writers that I have ever come across!

I definitely wasn't expecting to fall in love with Vic the way that I did, I didn't ev
Jill
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 dark stars

This book was yet another awesome read by Elena Monroe ! This is book 2 of the series which is dark and gritty but with justice there light and love too and not in the corny way . Not at all.
Justice and Vic are ying and yang. Two opposites the make up a whole . Vic has lost himself to his role in the clave his mask so stuck to his face he can’t remember how to be himself anymore .
Justice too has lost herself along the way. And between. Her and Vic there is a battle of wills and v
Dani Edgin
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Test, book two in The Four Horsemen series, brings us back to The Clave, the screwed up cult of the elite, and back into the lives of our Horsemen. In this book we follow clean cut, head dickface in charge, Vic Rockefeller as he meets his match in Justice, the pink haired, converse wearing receptionist at Clave International Holdings.

I was intrigued by Vic in The Initiation, and couldn’t wait to read his story. He is legit my favorite kind of book bad boy—total bad ass, hot headed alpha assh
Amy
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

This is book 2 in the 4 Horsemen series, The Initiation being book 1. Id say you need to read these in order otherwise you may be scratching your head

This book revolves around Vic and Justice and they were excellent characters! They were more than what i had hoped for in a couple, together their journey was a lot, the push and pull, the attitudes, the games and the chemistry was smoking hot.

Vic was a dick at times hence "Vic the dick" but Justice never shy'd away and gave as good as she
Noreen Bruce
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"That was the thing about Vic, he wore the darkness so elegantly that you barely saw it."

"We all burn eventually; we just pick where the fire catches."

Wow! I loved the first book in this series so much that my expectations were high and Elena met them and then some! I love the mystery of The Clave, but my favorite was the character development. Vic and Justice both grow in an amazing way in this story.

Elena writes in a way that makes the relationship unfold organically. It doesn't feel like thi
Megan
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐

I thoroughly enjoyed this, strangely MORE than The Initiation. Vic forever comes across as the total alpha arsehole, with this cold mask firmly in place and this book does him Justice...excuse the pun..hehe.

Unpredictable, steamy and addictive...a constant in Elenas writing. The consistent push and pull, the angst and the anticipation was just crazy good! I feel Justice is a totally new type of character for Elena, she is hellbent on destroying the norms within The Clave. She is fiery, indepe
Biggs_bookcase
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
War doesn’t like to lose. Victory wins at all cost. What happens when war meets his match? Anger, disappointment, hot sex and gasp* losing. Like a lot because Justice doesn’t care who he is or the cult he runs.

Two kids from opposite side of the coin, their story is an entertaining but heart twisting story. Seriously two people couldn’t have more crap thrown at them as small kids. That rough start has shaped them and will endear the two fighters in your heart.

A captivating read from start to fi
Heather LaMarca
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elena has me hooked on these Horsemen!!!! Dark, uncomfortable, sexy, alpha-hotness. Vic was extremely surprising. He is everything I never would have thought him to be. There is so much underneath his Golden Boy facade. What seems like the complete opposite of Justice, they end up being each other’s perfect match. I didn’t think I would love Vic this much, but he pushed himself right next to Grimm in my heart. Aside from Vic and Jus, Elena gives us more Insite to the complicated relationship of ...more
Goodreads Librari...: BOOK COVER (COVER REVEAL) 3 18 Oct 01, 2020 04:06PM

• Vibe
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Boy of Ruin (Unsainted, #4)
  • Roses Are Red (Edith's Fatal Love Trilogy, #1)
  • Ecstasy
  • Hear No Evil (The Society #2)
  • The Cruelest Chaos (Unsainted, #3)
  • Shallow River
  • Detonation (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • Twisted Fate (Watch Me Burn, #2)
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy #4)
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Desecrated Flesh (Desecrated Duet, #1)
  • Fated
  • Daddy's Angel
  • To Burn In Brutal Rapture
Elena Monroe grew up in Florida scribbling down stories from a very young age. These stories were really just wavy lines filling the paper, but she knew each word, each emotion, each character's name, and there was no tricking her into forgetting what each line signified. Just like her unconventional way of writing as a toddler Elena is setting her own rules and just telling stories.

Much like her

The 4 Horsemen (4 books)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen #1)
  • The Sacrifice (The 4 Horsemen #3)
  • The Control (The 4 Horsemen #4)

News & Interviews