Start by marking “Hail Mary” as Want to Read:
Hail Mary

Hail Mary

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  16 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In this sequel to the romantic comedy of errors Equal and Opposite Reactions: Trysta is in therapy.

Darren suspects that his newborn daughter is not his. Trysta is desperate to keep a man in her life and a roof over her head.

Darren is desperate to break free from his iron-fisted boss Angelo Barbieri, his insufferable stepbrother Geoffry, and Trysta.

Darren hatches a plan. Tr
Paperback, First Printing, 190 pages
Published May 7th 2020 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Hail Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hail Mary

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Hail Mary
T.K. Ambers
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the series, I was quite pleased to find that Ms. Liszkay had written a follow-up. I enjoyed learning more about the characters and was happy with the outcome. I found myself laughing out loud as I breezed my way through this novel. Wonderful for reading at the beach, or while on vacation. I enjoyed the story so much, I might start over again with the first!
Bob Coughlin
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of Patti Liszkay’s novel "Hail Mary"

If it’s true, as writing teachers say, that “only trouble is interesting,” Patti Liszkay’s new novel, "Hail Mary," is interesting indeed. Many of the characters first appeared in her debut novel, Equal and Opposite Reactions, and their complicated and fascinating lives are on full display in this new book. Liszkay is masterful in telling her story via dialogue--so much so it’s as if we are viewing a play or a movie. One of the principal characters is Tr
Jean Roberts
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Review: Sometimes you need a book that can convince you that your life is normal. No, not a self-help tome that preaches about how to get along with your spouse, your ex or your children. Nope, what you need is Hail Mary by Patti Liszkay. Patti's book is a sequel to Equals and Opposite Reactions but can be read independently as a stand alone novel. The author does a great job of getting the reader up to speed on the characters and their 'situations'.

The humorous narrative focuses on two coup
Allen Long
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hail Mary is about two couples who have swapped spouses, with each individual suffering from one or more pressing problems. Trysta, a gorgeous and sexy thirty-year-old, is a master at manipulating the men in her life, but she’s unhappy and lost. Her first in-depth therapy session with Dr. Laura Cavanni is laugh-out-loud funny.

The novel, as billed, is a romantic comedy of errors, and Liszkay doesn’t disappoint. She’s in total control of her story, so the reader can just relax and enjoy the ride.
Siobhan Wolf
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hail Mary, Patti Liszkay's sequel to Equal And Opposite Reactions, is a thoroughly good read. Taking the characters from the first book, we are treated to a deeper dive into the lives, plots, and mayhem from which these characters attempt to carve their own paths. Whether you have read Equal And Opposite Reactions or not -- though you absolutely should because it's a fantastic read -- you will not be disappointed in following these characters further.

Fast pace and driven by interesting dialogue
R. Logan
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A sequel to Patti Liszkay's first novel, Equal and Opposite Reactions, this tale explores two extended, blended, overlapping, dysfunctional families replete with extramarital and cross-marital sex, comedic, but realistic psychotherapy sessions and chaotic police raids. Richly developed characters, including bumbling white collar criminals and ordinary people facing mid-life challenges, make this a fun read. I highly recommend this novel to anyone looking for a good escape from their own serious ...more
Janet Wolanin
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liszkay scores again!

Picking up where she left off at the end of her first book (Equal and Opposite Reactions), Liszkay creates an engaging spin-off that delves deeper into the internal workings of her wide array of diverse characters. She reveals more of the connections and cross-connections among them and skillfully culminates Hail Mary with a clever ending.

Liszkay continued her run of imaginative writing and excellent character and plot development in this second book. Will there be a third?

E
Gail Olmsted
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful surprise this book was! A quick read with fast-pacing and memorable characters. Trysta's a hot mess of a character with more kids, husbands and baby daddies than she knows what to do with. But she is so well-written, that you find yourself routing for her and hoping that someone will give her a break. Silvio the plumber and long-suffering dad/husband was my favorite character of all. Apparently this was a sequel, but written as a standalone, so I need to go back and read more f ...more
Theresa
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't already read the 1st book, "Equal & Opposite Reactions" you should, as it's a really good read. But if you read this book without reading the first one it will only take a few pages to catch up with the stories and the characters. By the end of chapter 2, you'll be on board and in for a great ride! ...more
Romaine
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Engaging and funny, this book follows the colorful crew from “Equal and Opposite Reactions” as Trysta’s web of seduction entangling them all begins to unravel. Although a sequel, this story stands on it’s own without the need to have read the first book, another fun read, to follow the plot. Very entertaining and hard to put down once you dive in.
Callie
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not one for writing reviews. I will say that this story was engrossing and you should totally read it though. There is no way I can do a proper review without ruining the story. Just my 2 cents.
Viper03
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read this book right after reading Equal and Opposite Reactions, which came before this one. I liked this one just as much! The first book kind of left some things hanging so I was glad that this book kept telling the story and told you what happened. Highly recommend!
Jerome Lovering
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had to read this book right after finishing the first one, Equal and Opposite Reactions. I'm glad I did! It really expanded on the great story. I wish there was more from this author! These are both excellent. ...more
patricia mcclure
Mar 27, 2021
Sasha Author
Mar 28, 2021

• Waltz in Swing Time
  • Just This Once (Escape to New Zealand, #1)
  • Who Fears Death (Who Fears Death, #1)
  • The American Story: Conversations with Master Historians
  • The Last King (The Ninth Century #1)
  • A Feigned Madness
  • Crimes of the Levee
  • The Angel of Bishopsgate (Darker Cities, #1)
  • Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family
  • Little Falls
  • Second Son (Second Son Chronicles #1)
  • Polyxena: A Story Of Troy
  • My Father, My King (Second Son Chronicles #2)
  • In the Wake of Gods
  • The Queen's Devil: A William Constable Spy Thriller (William Constable Spy Thriller series Book 3)
  • No Way Home: A Time Travel Novel of Adventure and Survival
  • Death Takes a Holiday at Pemberley
  • We All Die In the End: Scenes From a Small Town
Author and playwright Patti Liszkay lives in Columbus, Ohio. You can follow her blog at www.ailantha.co ...more

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...