Start by marking “Mended (The Salvation Society)” as Want to Read:
Mended (The Salvation Society)

Mended

(The Salvation Society)

If love is a salvation for some, for me it was a damnation. Until I met her.
We both understand what it means to lose the love of our lives.
We both refuse to have another relationship.
We both think we’ll never love again.
And then our worlds collide.
She’s the storm to my dangerfree life.
I’m the anchor to her wildness.
She’s reckless.
I’m guarded.
But in reality, we’re both p

To ask other readers questions about Mended, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mended

Start your review of Mended (The Salvation Society)
J. Saman
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional story in the absolute best way. From the very first page I was sucked into this adventure and couldn't stop reading until the last page was done. Both Tessa and Oliver know what it's like to lose someone they love. Oliver gets dragged back to Virginia Beach, the place where he lost his fiancé, loaded with lies and pain in his heart and resentment in his steps. Then he meets Tessa. Tessa who is as wild and out of control as they come. Sparks instantly fly. Chemistry is every ...more
S.S. Richards
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another emotional read by the fabulous Gabrielle G.
“Avoidance is the best medicine for certain things, but for others, it’s a poison that will kill everything in you.”
I’m a huge fan of anything Gab writes because her writing touches your soul. It makes you realize things about yourself that you didn’t even know existed. Oliver and Tessa are a match made in heaven. Their story is beautiful. The book will leave u emotional and wishing there was more and more to their story. This is a must read. B
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
5 💙Blue-Hair + Green-Eyes💚 Stars⭐
An Emotional Action-Packed Story With Swoons, Laughs, Suspense, Moving-on-from-grief, Our Beloved Characters, Finding-love-again, Heart-racing Dangers AND Deserving HEA!
I loved Oliver & Tessa, DEVOURED this in 7hrs.

#My 1st By Gabrielle!
We see Mark, Jackson, Quinn & Ashton from C.M.’s world and Lars, Naomi, Anna, Dan, Dex & Leo from G.G.'s world. It was so Great to see My salvation guys *grin*. I'm so gonna read G.G.'s Darling Devils Series! They were fun here❤.

Ol
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon UK / Amazon CA / Amazon AU

Oliver is dreading going back to Virginia. Virginia means facing the people he doesn't want to face. Facing the past he doesn't want to face. But he meets Tessa. She's as broken as he. They've both lost someone, both feel that loss, feel that grief, feel that guilt. Neither wants love again, or commitment, so a little fwb while he's there should be fine. Except not. Not when there are outside forces that would love to tear them apart. Not when nei
Jacquie
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! That's the first word that comes to mind after reading Gabrielle G.'s contribution to the Salvation Society World! Followed closely by AMAZING, INCREDIBLE and I DIDN'T WANT THIS BOOK TO END!!! Ms. G. is a new-to-me-author and Mended will definitely not be my last read of hers if this one is an example of her writing! Mended BLEW ME AWAY with the feels, the angst, the wonderful character development...and the chemistry between Oliver and Tessa just about melted my kindle, to say nothing of m ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I suggest reading the Salvation Series by Corinne Michaels before reading books in the Society, but it is not a requirement.

Key Points for this story in the Salvation Society Collection:
- Massive Crossover / Romantic Suspense
- Family Drama
- Former Navy SEAL & Former Navy SEAL Fiancee
- Salvation Series connection is Mark and Quinn from Defenseless / Indefinite Duet

Video review available in Week 40: Sep 27 – Oct 3 weekly book reviews and the Kindle Clear Out Readathon Vlog.

F
Books I Flove
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another real, raw and romantic story by Gabrielle G!
Mended is a beautiful, emotional story which sucked me in real quick and I couldn’t stop reading as I wanted to know what’s going on.
Of course, all the feelings were real, and made me feel raw and let me shed some tears hearing / reading Oliver’s and Tessa’s story. Both having lost they’re loved ones and grieving. When Oliver and Tessa meet for the first time they can totally see what the other person is feeling. The hurt, the loss, the grief.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
3.5 stars! This is Oliver’s story. For those that have read the Darling Devils books will know Oliver well. As well as if you’ve read the second book in the Gritt Family series. As soon as I saw that Oliver’s book was going to be part of the Salvation Society series I knew I had to read it. I enjoyed learning about Oliver’s past and I really liked how it was tied into the Salvation characters. Honestly I had never read the most recent Salvation series books with Tessa so she was also a new chara ...more
Summer Ford
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Real talk: I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I started this book. I was a little nervous that I was going to end up with a broken heart and all the shouty words but what I got was a heartfelt, suspense filled maze that I couldn’t get enough of. I fell head over heels for Oliver, every broken piece of him. I literally wanted to reach through my screen so many times and give him a big squeeze.
I felt a kindred soul in Tessa. Her desire to avoid the pain of the past and feel anything else
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gabrielle G slayed this Salvation series novel. She took a character I met from a previous book of hers and created such a great storyline that fit in perfectly in the Salvation World. It is raw, heartbreakingly beautiful and will definitely have you up in your feels. My heart hurt for both Oliver and Tessa. Their road to HEA wasn’t smooth sailing but it definitely made their relationship stronger. I loved everything about this book. Mended gets all my stars!
Gina Burkart
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is a very emotional read that will pull you in and have you pulled in to this story and needing more of this story.
Bozena
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"People think that loss is the worst part of grief. That the moment you lose the one you love is what is the hardest. But in reality, it’s the life after the loss that is unbearable, the day after day without them."

“We are kind of dating…” Well, I’m not so sure we are, but that’s what I’m going for. If I was engaged to a dead man for the last few years , I could be dating a ghost, right?"

"It reminds me of a few words Sue used to tell Elaine, about what was greater than love. Honor, trust, allowa
TheMommaBookClub
Mended [A Salvation Society Novel] by Gabrielle G

𝐼’𝓂 𝒶 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓁, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑒’𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓋𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼’𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝒾𝑒.

*~*~*~*
𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖: While Tessa and Oliver have both experienced tragedy in their lives, they both reacted to the extremes.

Oliver is cautious. Anxious. Always trying to play it safe and live his life in a series of routines and order.

Tessa is reckless. Wild. Pushing life to the limits to see how far she can go.

When these two collide, what starts off as an oil/wate
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oliver with a heavy heart, is dragged back to the place where he lost his fiancé, and this is where he meets Tessa who is wild and out of control, and even though they are total opposites, the sparks fly and the chemistry between them is explosive. Oliver and Tessa are both dealing with pain and the loss of a loved one, and the aftermath and challenges of moving forward alone. Will these two heal each other and move on together? No spoilers: this is a definite must read you will not be disappoin ...more
Lisa Stinson
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall this was a good book. Because I haven’t read anything by this author before, I think there was too much info tied into her previous books and for me it took away from this story. I didn’t really understand the relationship and dynamics of Oliver and Naomi.

It took a bit before I really liked Tessa’s character. But there was one chapter in Tessa’s POV that brought tears to my eyes and I really started to understand her character better.

Tessa and Oliver’s “relationship” was very back and
Thuy Taylor
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Life has been a little rough for Oliver over the years. Mended is set in the Salvation Society Series by Corinne Michaels and while I didn’t read that series I didn’t really have any issues navigating the story. Single dad, Oliver has a lot of inner battles with himself but when he meets Tessa, there is just something about her and same with Tessa. Her and Oliver both lost someone important in their lives, and while they’re both struggling to cope with it, they recognize it in each other.

I enjoy
gretareadsromance
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books-read
I knew there was so much more to Oliver after reading the first two books in the Darling Devils series. He holds many secrets and has been through so much being in the Seals and losing his wife.

Tessa is in such a similar but different situation. After losing her fiancé she is seeking out anything to just feel.

Grief holds so many different layers and when these two lost souls find each other nothing is the same.

Brilliant story by Gabrielle G!
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Two people mourning and feeling like they can't love anymore come together to show you that you can heal and move forward. There is some action and suspense thrown in here but through it all you can see and feel the chemistry between Tessa and Oliver and the connection they can't deny. This is emotional in the best of ways and I couldn't put this down.
Karin Gesell
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
An emotional read with worlds colliding. I know the characters from the Salvation Series, but not the Darling Devils series. Gabrielle is new to me, but I’m sure I’ll be reading more of her in the future. This was emotional, heart-breaking and full of feels. Plus chemistry & suspense, how can you not read it? ...more
Tori Fox
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Salvation Society.

This book had me on the verge of tears so many times. Mended is an emotionally, gut wrenching story. It will leave you feeling the pain of the characters and wanting to be mended too.

This has it all...angst, humor, and steam. This is a MUST READ!
Live, Laugh, Love
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an emotional rollar coaster!
Christina  Thomas
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read by this author and my goodness this got me right in my feelings! You can feel te grieve both of theses characters have gone through and my does your heart not only break for them but you want to reach through this book and give them both hugs. I feel like Gabrielles words go right into your soul and I had the hardest time putting this book down. I really loved it and will be reading it again, as well as checking out other books by Gabrielle.
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
I am entirely new to the Salvation Society. I dig the anchor logo, though! I am, however, a huge fan of Gabrielle G's and have adored her Darling Devils series. Darling, the first book in that series, is where we meet Oliver, the brother of the heroine in the book. We get a picture of Oliver that carries over to book two of the series. By now, I genuinely want to know if there is more to Oliver that what we have seen.

To start, the first chapter of the book breaks my heart. If you have not read
Sharon
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Corinne Michaels Salvation Series is still a favorite of mine. Mix that in with Gabrielle Gs Darling Devils crew - I knew I needed to read this book. I am currently engrossed in Gabrielle Gs books as I discovered so many characters make appearances in other books but It was great to go back to Virginia with the guys!

When we meet Oliver in the Darling Devils, there is obviously a story waiting to be told. To learn the cause of his pain will break your heart. You feel his loss deep in your soul.
Amy
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mended was a heartbreaking, emotional story of two broken souls that are drowning in their grief. Oliver and Tessa have both lost their fiancées in tragic circumstances. Both have different ways of coping with their grief, but neither are able to truly move on. When they meet each other, they recognize a kindred spirit and their hearts slowly begin to heal. Throw in a bit of danger and suspense and this is a five star read.

I have been waiting for Oliver’s story and he broke my heart. Who knew be
Ashley Jasper
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rock stars and the men of Cole Security? Yes, please and thank you. To be fair, I've never read Gabrielle G. but I've read a fair amount of Corinne Michaels and her Salvation Series is my favorite of hers. Mended was an emotional read to say the least.

I liked that both Oliver and Tessa were broken and lost. Struggling to get through the everyday after suffering tragedy. Even more, I liked that they had a support system that was there for them. And it was their group of friends that brought them
Samantha Turbyfill
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve reread the extra epilogue of this book a few times and it just makes me have a tender little boo hoo moment every time for such a perfect ending for this little family. ⁣

I thought I kinda knew what Oliver was about and it turns out I knew nothing! And that’s how Oliver wants it-don’t get too close or you’ll see what’s really happening as he tries to hold it all together.

You will love Oliver and Tessa and watching their perfectly crafted coping vices fall apart. Neither wants to get close
Sarah Dale
Oh wow the big emotional guns were brought out for this one. You are given two people within the Salvation Society/Cole Security world who are so broken due to losing the person they loved, they are barely surviving their losses and shells of the people they used to be. The connection between them is instant and I loved seeing these two finally starting to heal.

Oliver and Tess are honestly complete opposites and the banter between them is off the charts hot. Even when they don't get on at the be
CLEO
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I must say this was a great inter-connected book. Having Corrine’s Characters and Gabrielle’s together. It was done seamlessly.

We meet Oliver in the Darling Devils series from Gabrielle G and I was always curious about him, I always knew there was something else besides the good guy he portrayed.
I enjoyed this story so much and I want to say it’s one of my top 3 from Gabrielle.

Oliver and Tessa find themselves at the perfect time in their lives. Two broken souls who have given up on life after lo
Liz
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second set of releases for The Salvation Series are here! In Mended by Gabrielle G. was an emotional and suspenseful read that captivated me from start to finish. Oliver and Tessa just broke my heart. Both know what it means to lose someone you love and the grief that overwhelms them. They meet when Oliver visits his friends in Virginia. There he meets Tessa. Neither is looking for love, but they definitely share chemistry. Can they solve what is happening around them and find what is right ...more

• Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • Clarity
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • The Right Player
  • Falling into You (Falling Stars, #3)
  • Flirting with 40
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)
  • Little Lies
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Just One Kiss
  • Noble Prince (Tin Gypsy, #4)
  • Tarnished Empire
  • Colson (The Henchmen MC #20)
  • Storm Damage
Real - Raw - Romantic.
Because love is not always easy.

Gabrielle G.'s love stories are driven by pure emotion and will leave you out of breath, yearning for more, while at the same time wiping away tears.

She will do anything for a hot cup of tea, still celebrates her half birthdays, and feels everyone has an inner temptuous voice.

Born in France and having lived in Switzerland, Gabrielle currently

The Salvation Society (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Legacy (The Salvation Society)
  • Stronghold (The Salvation Society)
  • Unwritten (Love in LA; The Salvation Society)
  • Sacrifice (The Salvation Society)
  • Irresistible (The Salvation Society)
  • Exposed (The Salvation Society)
  • Deviated (The Salvation Society)
  • Surrender (The Salvation Society)
  • Broken (The Salvation Society)
  • Reclamation (The Salvation Society)