Start by marking “Aven Green Sleuthing Machine” as Want to Read:
Aven Green Sleuthing Machine

Aven Green Sleuthing Machine

Third-grader Aven Green has been solving mysteries for a whole month—cracking such cases as The Mystery of the Cranky Mom. But can this perceptive detective solve two cases at the same time? First her teacher’s lunch bag disappears. Then Aven’s great-grandma’s dog goes missing. Fortunately, since Aven was born without arms, all the “arm” cells went to her super-powered bra ...more
Expected publication: April 13th 2021 by Sterling Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Aven Green Sleuthing Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aven Green Sleuthing Machine

Start your review of Aven Green Sleuthing Machine
Dusti Bowling
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait for you all to meet eight-year-old Aven! She's something else! ...more
Ms. Yingling
Feb 04, 2021 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

While I really liked Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus, this mystery was suitable more for much younger readers. Second and maybe even first graders will enjoy this introduction to the intrepid and very smart Aven.
Theresa Grissom
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, middle-grade
Thanks to Edelweiss for an eARC of this book!

I simply adore young private investigator Aven Green! She is lovable, spunky and hilarious. If you loved the "Cactus" books, you will love Aven Green Sleuthing Machine. Geared for a slightly younger audience, this book is a cute and fast read. Can't wait for the hard copy to give to students in my school library.
Aaron
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny chapter book featuring Dusti Bowling's MG character as a grade three student. ...more
TheNextGenLibrarian
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Aven’s back and this time it’s a throwback to when she’s eight solving mysteries!
🕵️‍♀️
For fans of The Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus and the sequel, Aven Green is our awesome protagonist that I can’t get enough of. In this early chapter book we see a new side to Aven. She’s a crime-solving third grader interested in finding out who took her teacher’s lunch & a missing dog. Can Aven solve two crimes at once?!
🕵️‍♀️
I adored this elementary-age early chapter book perfect for emerging r
Kelly deVos
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Aven Green books are always filled with so much humor and heart! This chapter book series is a perfect way to introduce Aven to younger readers.
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
EARC provided by Edelweiss Plus
Don't miss this chance to introduce younger readers to Aven from the "Cactus" stories.
LibraryLaur
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was so fun. I can't wait to introduce young readers to this early chapter book series about Aven, one of my favorite middle-grade characters. Perfect for fans of the Clementine books by Sarah Pennypacker.

*Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
Leigh
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this e-ARC from the publisher through Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review.

Having read both Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus, and Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus, I really enjoy Aven as a character. This is a perfect intro to Aven for younger readers, and I can think of a reader or two for whom I already have this earmarked for when it releases.
Colleen
Katie McGilp
Aug 28, 2020

• Twins
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #3)
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Just Like That
  • Bunbun & Bonbon: Fancy Friends
  • The In-Between
  • Super Detectives (Simon and Chester Book #1)
  • The Rose Code
  • Kevin the Unicorn: Why Can't We Be Bestie-Corns?
  • The Cousins
  • From the Desk of Zoe Washington
  • Ground Zero
  • Before the Ever After
  • The Shape of Thunder
  • The Memory Theater
  • Paola Santiago and the River of Tears (Paola Santiago #1)
  • The Gilded Girl
DUSTI BOWLING grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona, where, as her family will tell you, she always had her nose in a book. She released her first middle grade novel in 2017 and hasn't stopped writing since.

Dusti's books have won the Reading the West Award, the Sakura Medal, a Golden Kite Honor, the Silver Nautilus Award, and have been nominated for a Cybil and over twenty state awards. Her books are Jun