Start by marking “Bellarose (The Aerowyn Tales Prequel)” as Want to Read:
Bellarose (The Aerowyn Tales Prequel)

Bellarose (The Aerowyn Tales Prequel)

Join Bellarose in the adventure of a lifetime as she finds a magical library—one that turns books into portals that lead to a world of fantasy where she becomes a character inside each story.

Instead of visiting familiar tales as old as time, the classic stories each have a new twist. Characters will crossover in new retellings—with Aerowyn the Enchantress manipulating it a
Published July 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bellarose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bellarose

Start your review of Bellarose (The Aerowyn Tales Prequel)
Joanna Bennett
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Since finding out about this series that is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast (with a Gaston!), I just knew I would be reading it! This book is the prequel that sets the scene for Bellarose and her soon-to-be adventure.

When it comes to prequels, sometimes they can be a miss for me just because they are very short and it doesn’t always give me enough. But, this was a great prequel and made me even more curious when it comes to book one. Oh the pain of cliffhangers!

The plot is very reminiscent o
Lilli Taylor
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This prequel was a quick and easy read! I love the idea of a magical library that grants wishes and takes its readers into the book’s fantasy world. I enjoyed some of the references to things in our world, such as Mean Girls and Leonardo da Vinci. I also thought it was hilarious when Layney told Bellarose her name sounded like something from a book. I’m excited to see where the book Gerard will go because it is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. This prequel finished on a cliffhanger, so I am ...more
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
I was very surprised to get this recommended in my Nook for free - I thought it was a B&N promotion.

Upon reading it, I found that it was a very short story - a couple of chapters at best. I kinda felt cheated because I thought it was going to be a full story and yet apparently this is a prequel.

It was nicely written and the story held promise but now I won't find out. Oh well.
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew going into this that it was a short story. I love the modern take on beauty and the beast with the Gaston twist. I also need one of those magical libraries. Highly recommend for anyone who loves the old classic tales with a twist.
Kat
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
As the prequel to The Aerowyn Tales, Bellarose is probably more accurately the prologue to Gerard. It’s a rags to riches story in reverse. Bellarose is a young woman from a wealthy family, until her family loses it’s wealth and is forced to move. Struggling with suddenly being poor, Bellarose unexpectedly makes a new friend, one who introduces her to an incredible library full of magic and waiting adventures.

I’ve been following Carla Reighard on Instagram for some time and have always loved how
Linda Lou
Bellarose is a very short prequel story of the Aerowyn Tales taking place in the present with a mere 4 chapters and 39 pages. It leads straight into Gerard which takes place during the American Revolutionary War. I’m glad I read Bellarose first as it laid the foundation so to speak. The story is so brief that there isn’t much character development…skin and bones mostly.

We meet Bellarose, once a rich girl; but now not, there’s Layney, a new friend who has taken Bellarose under her wing, Gerard w
Anniken Haga
This books was promoted as a prequel story, a finished story, but it turned out to just be the first couple chapters of another book.
Not one I will be reading.

Not only is this really cheap way to get readers, but it's a great way to make readers blacklist you. Even if the writing was good - it was not. It was flat - and the characters interesting. They were empty- they were not - and the author actually had visited an European historical library before describing them - doesn't seem like she has
Alison (Ali's Books) Flores
Jun 25, 2020
Mairy
Jun 28, 2020
Carla Reighard
Sep 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chels
added it
Sep 16, 2020
Meagan
Nov 19, 2020
cj mael
Apr 03, 2021

• On the Winds of Quasars
  • The Mask of Mirrors (Rook & Rose, #1)
  • Bella Cigna
  • Knight's Ransom (The First Argentines, #1)
  • Torn (Turning Moon, #4)
  • We Could Be Heroes
  • Our Shadowed Souls (The Seasons of the Soul #2)
  • Our Naked Souls (The Seasons of the Soul #1)
  • Blood Born (The Dark Hills #1)
  • Touch of Rebellion
  • The Chains of Death (Of Sovereign and Citizen, Book 1)
  • King
  • Otto Bloom and the Enchanted Coin (Through the Fairy Door, #5).
  • Between Two Worlds
  • Of Magpies and Men
  • The Line Becomes A River: Dispatches from the Border
  • Payback's a Witch (The Witches of Thistle Grove, #1)
  • Spacecrime Domino
Author: Books inspired by love for travel | cats | pop culture | music | snow | dessert
Dream big & work hard: tomorrow isn’t guaranteed

News & Interviews

While we don’t have any actual science to back this up, experience suggests that the most voracious readers on Earth are YA readers. It’s...
“The magical library was a book worm's candy store--filled to the brim with delicious books.” 1 likes