Start by marking “Bad Fairy (A Bad Fairy Adventure #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Fairy (A Bad Fairy Adventure #1)

Bad Fairy

(A Bad Fairy Adventure #1)

Thistle Greenbud is not a bad fairy. She simply doesn't like rules, and it's just her luck that her homework is to create a new rule for the fairy handbook. But first, she has more important things to do. Like figure out how to get back at Dusty and Moss for playing tricks on her.

Before she can carry out her plan, though, disaster strikes and she finds herself working alon
Published June 3rd 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Bad Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Fairy

Start your review of Bad Fairy (A Bad Fairy Adventure #1)
Natalie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it

Bad Fairy is a fun short fairy story for children aged 8 - 10 years.
The adventure is short, sweet and simple but has a great moral to it. The word building is fantastic and the little land of fantasy and adventure is so cleverly plotted and planned out.
This book is a happy ever after story and shows children they can work with others they don't like or get along with if the en
Toi Thomas
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this story during a very emotional time (in the middle of the Black Lives Matter resurgence to seek justice for murdered black people at the hands of law enforcement) and it was a nice reprieve. The message of the story sounds simple enough and yet, sadly, people of all ages still need to be taught it, thus the emotional time I was going through when reading it.

This bright and whimsical tale of fairies, brownies, trolls, and more carries many messages within its fun pages. The characters
Cheri
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Cute Story with a moral.

While this is a little old for my grandchildren, it's a cute story just as advertised. She doesn't like rules. She has trouble with little fairy boys causing trouble and teasing her (just like little human boys) Herr world-building is cute and detailed. A good story and I'd advise it to boys or girls of the 8 to 10 years old group.
Joey Susan
Thank you so much to The Wild Rose Press for the ebook to read and review

This was honestly nothing like I expected the story to be at all, however it was pleasantly adorable.

Thistle a fairy that got branded a ‘bad fairy’ at school gets the opportunity to prove to all that she really isn’t a bad fairy all without realising she was doing it. The story is filled with so much, it has great characters you don’t dislike any of them. It has such a heart to the story and you can connect easily to the f
Beverly McClure
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now how can a fairy be bad? They are kind and helpful and loving. Right? In Author Elaine Kaye’s story, Bad Fairy, we learn a lot about the world of the fairy.

Thistle is not a happy fairy. Why? Because she has to go to school to learn how to be a good fairy, since she is considered to be a bad fairy. To make matters even worse, the teacher gives them homework for the weekend. She claims it will keep a lot of them out of trouble. They are to write a new rule for Fairy Land and the student who wri
Bish Denham
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely a fun read. Thistle isn't a "bad fairy" but she does have a reputation for doing things her own way and maybe not quite following the rules exactly. The descriptions of how the fairies live, their houses, their clothes, the food they eat are lovely. I also really liked all the various fairy names, from the Sheriff, Mr. Webbing to the two really bad fairies, Viner and Needles. Watch out for them, I think they are big trouble and will show up again!

This little story has humor, adventure
Joy Z
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is Junie B Jones meet Babysitter Club's with some pixie dust and fairy magic mixed in to it.

I feel like this story would have really benefitted from some illustrations to capture younger audience's interest. Nevertheless, the story of spunky little Thistle was still enjoyable.
Chrys Fey
Jun 29, 2020
AFIFA ALAM RAISA
Jan 20, 2021
Elaine Kaye
May 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Jul 27, 2020
Anna
Dec 04, 2020
Louise Bélanger
Dec 31, 2020

• Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #10)
  • Pretty Little Wife
  • Ladder to the Moon
  • Waking the Witch: Reflections on Women, Magic, and Power
  • Save the Ocean (Save the Earth, #1)
  • The Girl Who Talks to Ghosts
  • Smitten with Ravioli (Smitten with Travel Romantic Comedy Series #1)
  • My Big Curly Fro
  • Grumpy Old Gods: Volume 1
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • Messenger: When the Raven Calls, Listen!
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do
  • The Moon Within
  • A Place Called Heaven: 10 Surprising Truths about Your Eternal Home
  • Mystery Follows Her
  • A Sloth's Guide to Mindfulness
Elaine Kaye is the author of A Gregory Green Adventure Series, featuring Pea Soup Disaster, Doctor Mom, Halloween Ride, and The Missing Alphabet.

She has worked as a library assistant and teacher's assistant in elementary schools in the Sunshine State. She currently lives in Florida, but she has called Michigan; Honolulu, Hawaii; and Okinawa, Japan home.

She is a grandmother to three boys.

A Bad Fairy Adventure (2 books)
  • Bad Fairy Strikes Again (A Bad Fairy Adventure #2)

News & Interviews