Start by marking “Elevator Pitch” as Want to Read:
Elevator Pitch

Elevator Pitch

Bjorn Ritter only wants one thing—to live his life away from nosey, demanding bears. That's easier said than done when you're the son of the female running the Bayside Bear Community. Cecil Baxter might be a bat, but he grew up away from shifter communities and he's doing his best to continue to keep his distance. Shifters aren't an accepting bunch and Cecil has never fit ...more
Published June 6th 2020 by JMS Books LLC (first published May 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Elevator Pitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elevator Pitch

Start your review of Elevator Pitch
Ofelia Gränd
Jun 03, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Linda
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute tale of two misfit shifters😏

4.5🌟stars
Although the story is short, the two leads get to know each other pretty well thanks to a malfunctioning elevator. Cecil and Bjorn come from very different family situations but they share a desire to escape shifter society's homophobia. From nosey neighbors to bossy mothers and packs of bullies, these two face opposition but strive to just pursue their version of happiness. Despite their challenges, the story had a lightness that I enjoyed. Cute, to the
Ann
Misfit shifters are the best shifters.
Barbara
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's writing and she didn't fail me with this delightful, sweet, romantic bear/bat shifter romance...in an elevator no less. Short with a HEA that is as sweet as a spoonful of honey. A quick coffee break kind of read. You won't want to miss this one.
Justine Smith
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elevator Pitch is a wonderfully written short story about how Bjorn met Cecil. A story of a broken elevator, gentle touches, paint and coffee, and so much potential. Though they are different kinds of shifters Cecil has tried to live his life as a human and Bjorn just wants to live his life as his true self and not who his mother and everyone else in the community wants him to be. I really enjoyed this story and want to know more about these wonderful characters.

I received a free copy of this bo
Gabis Laberladen
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Darum geht's:

Björn ist ein Bären-Gestaltwandler auf dem Weg zur Standpauke seiner Mutter, weil er mit Mitte 30 immer noch nicht verheiratet ist. Sie will nicht akzeptieren, dass ihr Sohn auf Männer steht. Cecil ist ein Fledermaus-Gestaltwandler auf der Flucht vor ein paar homophoben Wolfswandlern. Zusammen bleiben Björn und Cecil im Fahrstuhl bei völliger Dunkelheit stecken - und Cecil dreht durch.

Meine Meinung dazu gibt’s hier
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elevator Pitch by Ofelia Gränd is an awesome story that I have read. I loved reading this story very much but it was a little odd for me seeing how it has bear shifters in it but I never read anything with a bat shifter in it. With that being said I loved this story and am looking forward to reading more from this author. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about bear shifters, bat shifter, LGBT and paranormal romances.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout an
Brenda Moser
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet paranormal romance between Bjorn,a bear shifter and Cecil, a bat shifter who meet while stuck together in an elevator. The author brings a short read and packs a punch with sparks flying between them and filling it with emotion and humor. She moves the story quickly and smoothly and delivers an entertaining story.

Stephanie W
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A paranormal romance between to shifters; Bjorn, a bear and Cecil, a bat. NOt one of the most unique pairings Ive read about but definitely one to peak you interest.

Bjorn's mother seems reluctant to accept that he is gay and therefore feels like he is a disappointment. Growing up conservative does not help all that much. Taking a wife just to have cubs is not his idea of a fulfilling life.
Cecil grew up in the system and he considers that he is alive today simply due to the social workers being
Susana
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RACHEL REED
A cute short fluffy story about a meet cute in an elevator between a bear and bat shifter.
Bjorn Ritter grew up in a conservative bear community while Cecil Baxter grew up in the system.
Despite their backgrounds there is an instant connection between them. Their personalities complement each other.
This read was a perfect blend of cute and funny but also represents the prejudices one faces in society.
I look forward to reading more from this author.
Nissy Williams
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.....This was a super short read. I really enjoyed Cecil and Bjourn. I really enjoyed their elevator meeting. Cecil was a bat being chased by a pack of wolf shifters and Bjourn was a gay bear meeting his demanding mother. They have a sweet time together and it ends when the elevators open. Scared of being rejected he does not contact Cecil but Cecil ends seeking Bjourn out. I would have loved an epilogue on this story. I would have loved more. Outside of that it was a good story.

I recei
Leslie Zak
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute M/M shifter romance

This is a short introduction story to a bear being pressured by his overbearing very alpha mother to not be gay. He finally decided to stand up to her when he has an accidental meeting with a gay bat shifter. Wow they develop a relationship and are in love and preparing to attend Sunday dinner at mom's house when the story ends. The two men are well developed for as short as the book goes. I will be happy to read the next installment.
Penumbra
Elevator Pitch is a cute, fluffy short story about bear shifter Bjorn Ritter, and bat shifter Cecil Baxter. The story is told in third person from Bjorn and Cecil’s povs.

If you’re looking for a quick, sweet read, this book could be for you. It uses the forced confinement trope for Bjorn and Cecil to get to know each other. Bjorn is an almost forty-year-old bear shifter who owns a coffee shop and is still under his mother’s thumb. Cecil is an artist and is terrified of bears, actually all shifter
Amy Spector
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was fun, funny and pretty damn adorable,
Shelley Chastagner
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I loved this short story. Poor Cecil made me cringe with all the crap he was dealing with. His propensity to be late seems to be a contributing factor but the bullies aren't helping either. I liked that when Cecil points out to Bjorn that he has the choice on how he lives his life, it's like an epiphany. My favorite part is Bjorn convincing Cecil to come to Sunday dinner.
Jeanne Richardson
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Ofelia Grand; she has done a great job at writing a good short story; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Anne Harris
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Great read
Bjorn Ritter is a bear shifter and if he is honest a disappointment to his mother who runs the Bayside Bear Community. And its because he is gay. She has tried for years to get female bear shifters to see if they can turn him. Its exhausting and now he has been called to the hotel like a little boy. He is nearly 40 he needs to stand his ground. As he makes his way to the lift a commotion is taking place and one boy runs into the lift with him when a hand tried to grab him. Bjorn was
Marlobo ♥ epilogues

All the elements in this story are simply adorable. And, as always, I enjoyed Ofelia Gränd witty writing, she is an auto-buy author for me (except when she writes horror).

I 'm not the type of reader who thinks that short stories never satisfy enough. On the contrary, I truly love short stories, even I prefer them over novels.

However, with Elevator Pitch it happens that I think that the story would really have won with a little more extension; I really longed to know how the relationship
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a super short story that somehow managed to get me invested in Cecil and Bjorn and their story. I really wish it were longer because I want more of these lovely characters.

L H
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
These two are different in so many ways - a bear shifter and a bat shifter, one having grown up around his community the other not. The chance to connect in an unplanned confinement leads to more than either expected. This is a short story that is well crafted and it brings the noise!

Mikki James - Peters
A short story of a bear shifter, Bjorn and a bat shifter, Cecil who meet by chance in an elevator. Bjorn is on his way to meet his mother most likely to hear another argument about what a disappointment he is because he doesn't want a female mate- seeing as he is gay and he enjoys running his own business. Cecil happens in the hotel that Bjorn's family owns when he is running away from a pack of wolves. He has been bullied all his life and as a child bouncing around the foster system never reall ...more
Kenya
Johanna
Jun 10, 2020
Audrianna
Jun 09, 2020
rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2020
Wandering Reader
Jun 07, 2020

• Two Straights Too Many (Heroes of Port Dale, #1)
  • Secret Admirer
  • Arcana
  • The Chocolate Works
  • Still Loving You
  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • The Cupcake Conundrum (Williamsville Inn, #2)
  • Bully & Exit (The Midwest Series, #1)
  • Tex (Hell's Ankhor, #5)
  • Advance & Retreat (The Midwest Series, #4)
  • Fixer Upper
  • His Scarred Dragon (Divine Dragons #5)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
  • Spring Strings
  • Bent, Not Broken (Bent, Not Broken #1)
  • Swept Away (Bear's Cove Book 4)
  • Come On, Get Lucky
Gay fiction and M/M Romance writer

Ofelia Gränd is Swedish, which often shines through in her stories. She likes to write about everyday people ending up in not-so-everyday situations, and hopefully also getting out of them. She writes contemporary, paranormal, romance, horror, Sci-Fi and whatever else catches her fancy.

Her books are written for readers who want to take a break from their everyday

News & Interviews