Start by marking “Dead Perfect” as Want to Read:
Dead Perfect

Dead Perfect

(DC Maggie Jamieson #3)

A murdered woman…

When the body of a young woman is found in a local park, DC Maggie Jamieson knows she’s dealing with no ordinary killer. The murder victim has been disfigured; her outfit changed to resemble someone else. Someone Maggie knows all too well…her close friend Dr Kate Moloney.

A determined detective…

Maggie is determined to keep her friend safe, but with Kate alr
Kindle Edition
Published October 16th 2020 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Dead Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Perfect

Start your review of Dead Perfect
Sandy
Just so you know, right after I’ve finished this review I’m going to make myself sit in the corner & think about what I’ve done. Yup, I’m throwing in the towel & marking this one as LTS….life’s too short. Unfortunately, we’re parting ways & I don’t feel it’s fair to give a star rating if I don’t finish the book.

So here’s the thing. Each of us has preferences or pet peeves that make us either grab a book or refuse to touch it with a barge pole. It can be a genre, writing style or character trope
Jessica Kafka | JustReadingJess
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Dead Perfect is a great mystery thriller. I really enjoyed it.

Dead Perfect is the third book in the series, but can be read as a standalone. I was able to understand the whole book without feeling like I was missing out.

Dead Perfect starts out with a dead woman’s body being found. This really sets the tone of the book that there will be a lot going on. The whole book is about trying to solve this case and other cases that come up for Maggie. Dead Perfect had me hooked from the beginning.

Thank
Ceecee
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3-4 stars

This is the third in the DC Maggie Jamieson series. When a body is found in a local park that bears an uncanny resemblance to Dr Kate Moloney, Maggie finds herself immersed in a dangerous stalker case that puts her colleague and friend Kate’s life in grave danger.

First of all the case is very dark and has a lot of creepy elements as the killer follows rituals and has specific signatures which creates tension in this fast paced and twisty plot. I like the profiling elements and the ref
Mandy White
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dead Perfect is the 3rd book featuring DC Maggie Jamieson and I strongly suggest reading these books in order. I think you would miss too much if you don’t. I really like Maggie’s character and her work ethics and loyalty to those close to her. I would want her in my corner if I was in trouble.

This one picks up exactly where Dead Wrong finished, with a woman being found in a park who beats an uncanny resemblance to Maggie’s friend and colleague Kate. Kate’s stalker is ramping up and Maggie is de
Mark
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maggie is back in this the 3rd book in the series, on balance I would say it is better to have read the first 2 as there is a lot of things ‘gone on before’ ( although a stand alone read is possible )
This time we have a serial killer/stalker on the loose and their main objective it seems is to kidnap Maggie’s friend and colleague Kate
It is a whodunit and the book is based on various characters and who it may be ( with plenty of red herrings ) plus police procedural and as with the first 2 books
Pat
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

A woman is found dead in a local park. DC Maggie Jamieson is a bit freaked out as the victim bears an uncanny resemblance to her friend and colleague, forensic psychologist Kate Moloney. Another victim is soon found also resembling Kate. The case is very strange as there are no marks on the women except some bruising around the eyes from a crude attempt to lobotomise them. Who would do such a thing? And why?

Meanwhile Kate has been receiving disturbing notes that suggest she has a stal
The Coycaterpillar Reads
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Sarah Hardy at Books on the Brightside for a place on the blog tour and for a copy of the book. As always it’s a pleasure to be involved.

Some authors just punch you right in the feels and Noelle Holton just keeps on living up to that reputation with every book she releases. When the invitation to join the blog tour for the next DC Maggie Jamieson adverture, Dead Perfect, landed in my email inbox, there was no chance I was going to pass up on it. Reading Dead Perfect was like meeting up
Gary
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been meaning to read this series for awhile and  have finally took the plunge with book 3 in the series. I enjoyed it so much I have already purchased the other two books.

I had no problem reading this as a standalone although there were back stories that have occurred in previous books that were easy enough to follow so didn't hinder my enjoyment. That said I do prefer to read book series in order to maximise my understanding and enjoyment.

I particularly  enjoyed the characters in this no
The Cats’ Mother
Dead Perfect is the third book in the DC Maggie Jamieson series set in Staffordshire. This one picks up where the previous one left us on a cliffhanger, but it is a new case so you could easily get into this without having read the previous ones - there are ongoing relationships between the characters and this plot began in that book with Kate being stalked, but you get enough backstory for this to make sense. Overall this was a rather formulaic and predictable serial killer/police procedural wh ...more
Louise Wilson
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

DC Maggie Jamieson #3

A young womans body is found in a park. She has been disfigured and her outfit has been changed to make her look like someone else. Someone DC Maggie Jamieson knows only too well, her close friend Dr Kate Moloney. Maggie will do anything to keep her friend safe. Kate is already struggling with a threatening stalker. Maggie fears Katie's life is in real danger.

This is a fast paced read that's full of twists and suspense. I did guess early on who the v
Robin Loves Reading
DC Maggie Jamieson is frantic when approaching a crime scene. As she tries to get a hold of herself, Maggie tries to prepare for the fact that the body might be someone she really cares about, her close friend Dr. Kate Moloney. Is the body Kate's? What of the stalker Kate has had for awhile now? Maggie thinks that the stalker has finally made his mark.

Instead, as the body is turned over from her back, Maggie is more than relieved but a bit confused when she discovers that the body is not Kate's.
M.A. Comley
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I read this book over the weekend, couldn't get enough of it as it was such a gripping read. Thank you to Noelle for giving me an ARC this time round. :-)

DC Maggie Jamieson is in two minds whether to attend a crime scene or night, fearing it might be her close friend Dr Kate Maloney who has been stalked for a while.

When the victim's true identity is learnt Maggie's shocked to find that there is more than an uncanny resemblance to Kate, thankfully it wasn't her though.

Howeve
Lou
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dead Perfect is the third instalment in the DC Maggie Jamieson Thriller series and is undoubtedly the most gruesome and grisly of the series yet. It isn't necessary to have read the preceding instalments before diving into this one as each has a self-contained plot and enough backstory is given about Maggie and the peripheral characters to bring new readers up to speed. The book begins with two teenagers discovering a body in the local park, and when Maggie is called in to investigate she is roc ...more
Dawn
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DC Maggie Jameson is called to the body of a female who resembles her friend Kate.

This book picks up right from the last page of the previous one and it packs a punch. The characters are brilliant and come to life fantastically. Maggie is a tortured soul but not a whiny female. I love Noelle’s writing and can’t wait for the next instalment. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Strewth what an ending! What a story! What a book!

I love being back with Maggie and the team, although it’s not her team. Nathan is the boss man and I loved the change of dynamics between the two, plus how it is not Maggie in charge in the story. Following on from the shocks in book 2 Dead Wrong, it all got cranked up a complete notch in Dead Perfect. When it’s one of your own in trouble, things just get real!

Dead Perfect is a book that will keep you hooked, Noelle’s writing is an enticing one.
Vickie
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay, so it’s really 2.5 first of all. This is part of a series and although it can be read as a standalone, reading the books in order will make the dynamics between the characters make more sense. This is a police procedural featuring DC Maggie Jamieson who is determined to solve a series of serial killings that may have her friend Dr. Kate Moloney as the ultimate target. This was a really creepy book, with the victims made to resemble Kate and Kate being stalked before the killings even begin ...more
Shalini
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maggie Jameison was back in a book which was taut with suspense where the killer played too close to home. Author Noelle Holten raised the stakes in this book when she made the killer bold as brass, taunting Maggie with his kills.

Maggie was called to investigate a murder where the body was made to resemble her friend and colleague, Kate. Fear gripped and she opened up her home for Kate’s protection.

A darn good police procedural where Maggie’s determination shone through. Her loyalty and dedicati
peggy
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the series and in my opinion the best one yet. I love the characters of Maggie and Kate. Maggie really loses it in this book, you do not want to cross this lady which includes her boss and those she loves. This time it is personal. The killer was terrifying and what he did to his victims left me with chills. A real page turner which had me reading late into the night. I had to finish it. Yes this book is that good. Another fantastic five star read from this author. A gripping a ...more
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Alright, this is the third book in the series. Hence, there will be missing information. However, I feel like thrillers should also be able to stand on their own minus a few minor things you miss out on. But this one apparently picks up like right after the second one, and it would be best to read them in order. I just wish more books could also be standalones because I want this story, not the whole lot that accompanies them sometimes.

I think this book was pretty good, but I don’t know how rea
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: October 1st 2020

"The overcast sky and spittle of rain hitting her face on the way into work that morning almost seemed to perfectly reflect Maggie's mood that day."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and One More Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Claire
Where do I start? This book has it all. Murder, stalking, personality clashes, flirting….

As with Dead Wrong, I picked up the story where its predecessor left off and in this book’s case, with a dead body. This (what I think) is a rather unique factor that Holten has developed leaves you wanting for the next book. Oh boy, I couldn’t wait for Dead Perfect – leaving me with a dead body of what appears to be a main character is a killer hook!! I can’t tell you how relieved I was to read the first fe
Andrea Pole
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Dead Perfect by Noelle Holten is another excellent read, and a wonderful addition to the addictive series focused in DI Maggie Jamieson. I have enjoyed this series from the very start, and I would venture to say that this is the best one yet.

DI Maggie Jamieson is called to investigate when the body of a woman is found in a local park. The victim bears an eerie resemblance to someone Maggie knows quite well, her close friend Dr Kate Moloney. It seems that Kate is being stalked, and the killer is
Julie Lacey
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant read in the Maggie Jamieson series.
After the cliff hanger at the end of the second book I was keen to read this one to find out what happened next.
Kate Moloney wonders why people are relieved to see her and when she sees Maggie she finds out why.
The killer is dressing his victims to look like Kate - but why?
Maggie persuades Kate to stay with her as the letters and gifts she’s received indicate the killer is after her.
Another body is found, again dressed to look like Kate an
Tracy
Jun 03, 2020 added it
this author gets better and better so enjoyed .this this is Dc Maggie Jamieson hardest case someone is killing women who look like her friend and colleague Dr Katie Moloney .she has a news reporter on her back and has named the killer living doll . this killer is very clever and Maggie loses focus on this case is very gripping and twisty so cant wait for next book a must read
Michelle
Aug 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Dead Perfect by Noelle Holten is the third book in the DC Maggie Jamieson series. It’s starts with Maggie being called to a woman’s body in the local park. When she sees the body, she realises that the killer is not an ordinary one. The bodies eyes have been sewn shut and her clothes and her hair has been dyed black to resemble someone else. The body looks all too familiar to Dr Kate Moloney.
Maggie goes out of her way to protect her friend and colleague by inviting her to stay at her home to pr
Nicki
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Continuing on from the shocking conclusion of the previous book Dead Wrong,we follow Maggie and Nathan as they race to the location of a woman's dead body. We read,with bated breath as Maggie approaches and enters the crime scene tent, does the body belong to Maggie's friend Kate? we wait and then..... the enormous feeling of relief when we and Maggie discover that it's not Kate but some other unfortunate woman who has been murdered by someone who is obviously very twisted and disturbed. Someone ...more
Mick Dubois
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
When a body is found in the park, DC Maggie Jamieson’s heart stops dead because the victim looks almost exactly the same as her friend and colleague Kate Moloney., a woman for whom she secretly she has feelings that go beyond friendship. She thinks the killer might be the same person that was stalking Kate by leaving creepy gifts and messages. Then, another girl is abducted in similar circumstances and is later also found dead, dressed and made up to look like the dr. It looks as if he’s practis ...more
ReadandRated
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I so looked forward to reading Dead Perfect by the lovely Noelle Holten, having read and enjoyed both Dead Inside and Dead Wrong.

First things first, do yourself a favour and read these books in order!

I am growing very fond of DC Maggie Jamieson and those in her professional realm. They seem like a good bunch of people to have as colleagues. Much like with the teams in the background of Vera and Banks, I am confident they will soon feel like old friends.

Have to say, I think my favourite c
Janet
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I AM BORED!!)

From the publisher, as I do not repe
Teresa Nikolic
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maggie and her team at the MOCD in Stafford get a call to say the body of a woman has been found in a local park, what is even more shocking is that they are told it bears a striking resemblance to Maggie's friend, Dr Kate Maloney. On arrival at the murder scene they discover that it's actually someone else that has been dressed and made to look like Kate, who would do such a thing, does it have something to do with the person that has been stalking her and can Maggie and the team find the kille ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Deadly Cry (D.I. Kim Stone #13)
  • Stolen Children (DCI Matilda Darke Thriller, Book 6)
  • Somebody’s Daughter (Detective Natalie Ward #7)
  • Their Silent Graves
  • Shadow Sands (Kate Marshall, #2)
  • The Stolen Sisters
  • The Chalet
  • The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)
  • The Ex Boyfriend
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes #1)
  • Truth Be Told
  • The Vow
  • My Darling
  • First Date
  • Left For Dead
  • The Postscript Murders (Harbinder Kaur #2)
  • Secrets of a Serial Killer
  • My Husband's Daughter
Noelle Holten is an award-winning blogger at www.crimebookjunkie.co.uk. She is the PR & Social Media Manager for Bookouture, a leading digital publisher in the UK, and was a regular reviewer on the Two Crime Writers and a Microphone podcast. Noelle worked as a Senior Probation Officer for eighteen years, covering a variety of cases including those involving serious domestic abuse. She has three Ho ...more

DC Maggie Jamieson (3 books)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)