Start by marking “A Guy Walks Into My Bar” as Want to Read:
A Guy Walks Into My Bar

A Guy Walks Into My Bar

(The Guys Who Got Away)

A sexy, passionate, utterly addictive standalone MM romance from #1 NYT Bestseller Lauren Blakely!

Every bartender should follow one simple rule—don't go home with the customers.

That’s been easy for me to stick to, until the night a cocky, confident, and sinfully charming hockey star walks into my bar. This sexy athlete is too hard to resist, especially when he makes it cl
Published August 19th 2020 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about A Guy Walks Into My Bar, please sign up.
Lauren Blakely Yes this is my first MM book! I've been reading the genre for 6 years now and enjoying many books in it! I've been considering writing a book in the g…moreYes this is my first MM book! I've been reading the genre for 6 years now and enjoying many books in it! I've been considering writing a book in the genre for a while now, and this idea came to me and I'm so glad I wrote it - it's my favorite book! (less)
Lauren Blakely LOL! I love that you're excited for this book!!!!…moreLOL! I love that you're excited for this book!!!!(less)

Start your review of A Guy Walks Into My Bar
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
A Guy Walks Into My Bar is a M/M, stand alone romance by Lauren Blakely. Full disclosure here is that I have only read a couple of Lauren’s books although I thoroughly enjoyed them. But I have such a huge love for M/M romance so when I saw she was releasing one, I knew I had to read it. But I wasn’t prepared for the level of love I felt for this book, for these two men! When I wasn’t reading, I was walking around with my head in the clouds thinking about them. I hope you’ll take a minute and let ...more
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars

Story 1.5 for the first 60% - DNF

They have been flirting and having sex ever since they met, which was like a second ago and now they are in love?😣 I just can't do it.

If I hear the words, "You are falling in love with him, he is feeling the same way, you just can't see it"🙄🙄🥱🥱 I am going to break my phone. But since I am broke, I'd rather dnf.
Snjez
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
dnf @ 60%

I'm not a fan of the writing style. The characters are nice, but they don't feel real to me. There's no depth to them. They talk a lot without really saying anything and I find their flirting a bit boring, to be honest.
The side characters are also nice, but they all feel the same to me and their only purpose in this story is to "point the MCs in the right direction“.
Stital
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I fucking love this book. That is all.

This was my first foray into a Lauren Blakely book and dammit it was so awesome.

On top of incredibly sizzling hot scenes, I loved the actual romance. The effortlessness of Dean and Fitz's connection, how they fell for each other so instantly and somehow, despite the fear, baggage and reservations had the guts to see and acknowledge it.

I also loved the endless epilogues, giving us a real view into life after the big romantic gesture and HEA.

6 stars and a mart
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio – 5++++ Stars!

Update: I just finished listening to the interview with Shane East and Joe Arden and....OMG! Epic! Loved it! I'm so grateful it was included in the audiobook! INFINITE FUCKING STARS!!

Story – 4 Whirl Wind Romance Stars

This is one of those stories where a lot happens between the MCs in a very short amount of time. I’m normally turned off by that kind of romance, but the author made me believe that sometimes “you just know you found the one” in a very short amount of time can h
Lauren Luman
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blakely scored with this MM romance. It was her first and it was so fucking good!! It was hot and sexy and emotional and I couldn't put it down.

First of all, the fact that Dean, the Brit, could pass for Michael B Jordan sealed the deal for me. Their instalust turned instalove was everything. Those normally aren't my thing but it just worked. The fling turned relationship clicked in place with how well they got on.

And I really adored how happy and open Fitz's character was. He was fearless with
Melissa
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided courtesy of the Author**

TEN STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been DYING to get my hands on this book from the moment Lauren Blakely hinted that she was working on it. If you ask any of my friends or family what my most anticipated book to read this year was they would tell you this title. It was everything I wanted it to be and so much more; I fucking loved it. This book is hot, sexy, passionate, romantic and just perfect. If I could rate it ten stars I would.

A Guy Walks Into My Bar gives
Lisa Cahill
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favorite Lauren Blakely book EVER!!!!!!! Lauren you MUST write more M/M romance novels, it is your new calling!
I am absolutely in love with these characters.
Fitz is a NHL defense man. His loves, Hockey, his family, his friends. He takes a trip to England with his sister and his life changes when he walks into a bar his English friend from the States had recommended to him.
Dean has his loves, his friends, his dad and the bar he opened a year ago. Then a guy walks into his bar. A
Nerdy Novel
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to give this ALL the stars!
Absobloodylootly one of my favorites this summer!
I can't get over how this is her first M/M romance! WOW!
Love has landed, and it has landed hard. More ways than one!
Lauren Blakely's first ever M/M romance is one not to be missed by romance readers. Her writing style makes the scenes and storyline flow so realistically in any of her books, this one does not disappoint. Certainly a swoon worthy, hot and heavy romance to keep your attention right up until the final
Oscar
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, 2020-releases
New Review!!
Decided to give this 3 stars because to me it felt like nothing really happened here other than flirtations and banter between the characters. Almost no depth at all. Cheesy, yes, but wish there was more substance into the story. Maybe just me!!
_________________________________________________
A Guy Walks Into My Bar is Lauren Blakely's first MM romance and honestly wow. Just WOW. I highly enjoyed and appreciate her take to this genre. Dean Collins and James Fitzgerald's whirlwind of
Renée
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Wait, what?

That's how the book ends?

This was a solid 4 star read for the first 83% of the book. I was loving the relationship development and all the banter.

Then the climax came and......what the hell was that? That's not how you end it! That's cheezy, dumb, and totally unrealistic.
Annery
I tend to be super late to parties for hyped books just because ... I'm a curmudgeon. There. I said it. But I've read some of Lauren Blakely's M/F contemporaries and I've been okay with them so I decided to try this despite signs that it would probably not be for me. The signs were right.

Firs off I did the AB, which thankfully is on Audible Escape. I know lately a lot of listeners are keen on multicast and duet narrations but they just make me think of radio soaps of yore. The duet is fine?, I g
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4-4,5 STARS

I need more M/M from Lauren Blakely, sigh!I freaking loved it!I can't believe this is her first, it was so good.The romance make me swoon!

Dean and Fitz's connection was so good.I loved their banter, they were flirty and omg super hot!I can't get over them!They were so good together!Fitz is sexy,cocky and persistent.Dean is sweet and fun!

This is a fun,super hot and sweet romance!

Lauren Blakely
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
COVER REVEAL!!
A sexy, passionate, utterly addictive standalone MM romance!! Check out this gorgeous cover and preorder A Guy Walks Into My Bar everywhere today!!
✦ Kindle ➜ https://amzn.to/31uPg4g
✦ Apple ➜ https://blkly.pub/AppleAGuyWalksIn
✦ Nook ➜ https://blkly.pub/NookAGuyWalksIn
✦ Kobo ➜ https://blkly.pub/KoboAGuyWalksIn
✦ Google ➜ https://blkly.pub/AGuyGoogle
✦Amazon PB ➜ https://blkly.pub/PaperbackAGuyWalksIn
✦Audible ➜ Duet narration from Joe Arden & Shane East, with a full supporting cast: htt
Eugenia
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So, KILL ME over another 2 star review of a book people are RAVING about. Wait, you don’t know where I live, so, I’m safe. 😉

Against my friends’ better (and decidedly more intelligent) advice, I succumbed to the hot cover of this book and the fact that one MC was a hockey player. Stick handlers are my kryptonite.

I was also intrigued by the ensemble cast since that’s something we don’t see in our corner of MM romanceland. My votes are in: male MCs - GREAT! Female characters — high voices with lit
❤️ Nanda ❤️
[image error][image error]

RTC
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

I'm always a bit skeptical to read MM from a (until now) MF author. But what can I say, the cover and blurb drew me in. And I didn't want to unfairly judge before reading the book.

Not bad. Not great. This is definitely a case where GRs need half stars. But I'll round up because I didn't skim and nothing made me super ragey.

While I can't say I LOVED this one, I did like it. I have not read any MF from this author, but I did like the writing style. Plenty of dialogue and good banter am
Diana

Pro hockey player, Dean Fitzgerald is in England helping his sister get settled for school. One night, he goes out and meets a sexy bartender, Dean Collins. Fitz has to return to the US in a week, so what is going to happen to their instant attraction.

Well the story, yea it’s a little insta love and unbelievable and more than once, my eyes were rolling. For me, it’s all about the narration. Joe Arden and Shane East did a fantastic job bringing the characters to life. This was also my fi
Virginia
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely has written her first MM book and it is just everything!!!!!!

I mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!! 🙌

There is something about MM books that I just adore. I love love love them!! They make me so swoony and I find them so romantic. They make me smile big time. Oh. And they are HOT. Like sizzling. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Let me tell you. Lauren NAILED it. Dean and Fitz are beyond words. Their banter. Their romance. Their flirting. Sigh. I couldn’t get enough of them. And one of them is British!! Gah!! Double swoon!!
Kim
***6 stars!!!***
I have been harassing... or strongly encouraging Lauren Blakely to write a male/male romance for years. I knew she could do it, but even I am shocked at how much I just absolutely loved it! It is more than I expected.

The main reason is these men. They are both unique and charismatic on their own, but together they are just magic! The verbal foreplay, sexual tension, and chemistry just flow between them. And it sizzles and sparks until it has no choice but to just combust. And oh
Papie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
When the book started, for the first few pages, I thought the writing was annoying and almost DNF. But then the two characters got together, and they had incredible chemistry and fun banter, and I loved it. The few days in London where they fall in love, which is where most of the book happens, were everything. I loved these two. Fitz is the out and proud American NHL player who doesn’t do relationships, and Dean is the hot gay bar owner who also doesn’t do relationships. So it’s just a fling. U ...more
Leslie
DNF. Time of death: 10%. Only read the sample. Not for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️
DarienMoya

THE NARRATION: 5+++++++++ PANTS OFF

I loved this! Just a fun read with a feel good vibe throughout the entire book.

description

Laurelin Paige
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Blakely is always a goddess. With A Guy Walks Into My Bar, she's released her first M/M, and OMGITSSOGOOD. Shane East and Joe Arden talking all the dirty talk. Need I say more? ...more
Laurel
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
DNF 30%

It’s just not for me. The story already feels too long and the dialogue leans a little bit on the cheesy side.
haletostilinski
I was hearing good things about this, and it seemed to be this author's first MM story, as far as I know, so I was interested but cautious going into this.

For the most part, I found this to be a win. Fitz and Dean had pretty amazing chemistry, imo, from the beginning. They meet how the title suggests, by Fitz walking into the bar Dean owns, and they hit it off right away - and the dialogue between them, the connection worked well for me, and I was pulled into this right away.

At times this felt l
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
FTCL

***ARC provided by Candi Kane PR.
Annika
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Narration: 5 epic stars
Story: 3 stars

This was the first time I listened to a mm romance performed by a full cast and I have to say it was an experience. When I first started listening to audios and found a book with dual narrations, I expected the narrators to narrate all parts and dialogues for one of the main characters, not alternating chapters and doing everything. I expected something like we got here, where Jo Arden narrated everything told from Fitz POV and Shane East did Dean’s POV, exce
Marley Valentine
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Fun, flirty and RED. HOT. FIRE.

With chemistry and charisma that leaps off the pages, A Guy Walks Into My Bar is Lauren Blakely's first (and hopefully not last) venture into MM Romance, and a flawlessly executed addition to her ever growing repertoire.

Told against the backdrop of two great cities, Dean and Fitz's love story is a delectable exploration of heat, heart and what it means to really fight for your happily ever after.

PREORDER EBOOK NOW:
✦ Kindle ➜ https://blkly.pub/KindleAGuyWalksIn
Quaint
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY. MOTHER. FUCKING (A LOT). SHIT.

A perfect british 🍸 and american 🏒 lovebird.

this shit is scorching hot and on wildfire from the start to finish. I honestly did not expect it to be this wonderfully enjoyable and enticingly addictive. I was drawn from page to page. The story flew smoothly and intoxicatingly. At first, I thought it was going to be shallow and superficial with no meaningful depth.

However, I could not be further from the truth.

The rhythm. The chemistry. The CLICK. The conversatio
Turning Pages At ...: A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely 19 23 Dec 06, 2020 06:49AM

• Code Name: Ghost (Jameson Force Security, #5)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Restraint (Mason Family, #1)
  • The Proposal (SWANK, #1)
  • Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island, #1)
  • Can I Come Over?
  • Sweet and Wild (Winchester Wild, #1)
  • Sexiled
  • Surrender (Seaside Pictures, #4)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • High Heat (Hotshots, #2)
  • Wicked Secret (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #7)
  • Roommate
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Hate Thy Neighbor
  • Tasty
  • It's Our Secret
  • South Side Story: A Novel of Chicao in the Early Sixties
See top shelves…
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more

The Guys Who Got Away (6 books)
  • Birthday Suit (The Guys Who Got Away, #1)
  • Dear Sexy Ex-Boyfriend (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #3)
  • Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away, #4)
  • The Dream Guy Next Door (Guys Who Got Away, #5)
  • Lucky Suit (The Guys Who Got Away, #6)