Start by marking “Midnight Temptation” as Want to Read:
Midnight Temptation

Midnight Temptation

(Ravens Hollow Coven)

What are the stakes for falling in love?

That’s the question tarot card reader Gillian Howe ponders when she hosts a supernatural speed dating event. Making the perfect match is her passion, too bad she can’t find one for herself. A chance encounter with a wealthy vampire provides her an opportunity to attend an exclusive after-party and prove she isn't opposed to love. But
Published June 2020 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Temptation

Start your review of Midnight Temptation
InD'tale Magazine
Innovative: a good word to define this fast-paced adventure.

Read full review in the 2020 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Fleur
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Solid 4.5 star
I just fell in love with Gillian she is so caring of those around her as well as strangers not sure how good of an idea that is!) yet also wary of her own feelings, while Garrett is all stiff and alpha along with deliciously vampire so they are the perfect match! I liked how neither wanted to acknowledge the attraction they have had brewing for the last few months and try dancing around it although Garrett was pretty smooth with wanting to keep watch of Gillian while they try and t
Linda Parisi
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-read
For a lover of vampire romance, being enthralled by a vampire is always awesome. But not in this book, not with Kurt Lawrence anyway. When Gillian Howe finds that her cousin Brooke has been kidnapped into the DuSang Brotherhood, all bets are off. Only she finds that she needs help to save her, Garrett Mulroney's help, the last thing she wants. Sparks rage, the suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat, finding out what happens to these characters kept me turning page after page without being a ...more
Jeannie Zelos
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it

Midnight Temptation, Shari Nichols

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance, Sci-fi and fantasy.

I enjoyed book one but had a few reservations about the central characters. This book doesn't have that issue for me, I was easily convinced of the burgeoning romance between Garret and Gillian.
Although they don't get along, to the degree they really dislike each other, I could feel the attraction between them and once they really got talking the reasons for that dislike they each held wer
Sadie Forsythe
Jul 01, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5, round up

This was not for me. The whole thing just annoyed me. Most of the decisions driving the plot made no sense to me. The heroine too often acted too stupid to live and the hero's entire personality seemed to be developed by virtue of his fancy house and expensive car (and big dick). It was completely predictable. (I predicted not only the ending but how that ending would come about before the halfway mark.) Obstacles were overcome too easily and everything felt flat.

The flatness I kno
Kristen
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Do you enjoy enemies-to-lovers? Are you a fan of fantasy? Do you enjoy witches and vampires? Are you interested in mysteries? Do you long for a little bit of suspense, well-written characters, excellent world building, and some steamy romance? Well, this book has it all.

This is the adult version of many young adult fantasy books I’ve read. If you enjoy any of the multiple series by Cassandra Clare, you’re going to like this one.

What I really liked about this book is that it’s not just a romanc
Stephenee
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Midnight Temptation by Shari Nichols is the second book in the Ravens Hollow Coven Series, and while you could technically read it as a stand alone, I highly recommend you reading book 1 first. The characters are continued and the story/main character does continue from the first book.

This book gives us tarot card reader Gillian Howe and detective Garrett Mulroney...vampire detective Garrett Mulroney...the author grabs the readers attention right from the very start and never lets it go! The re
Jason Duby
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Garrett and Gillian are an unlikely pair to have to work together. Not only is this difference
due to the fact that she's a witch and he's a vampire, or that their first run-in was on a case
involving the Magickal Bureau of Investigation, but also because each of the pair is strong-willed
and has definite opinions about the other one. But when Brooke, Gillian's cousin, gets abducted
by another vampire, the two have to work together closely, not only to rescue Brooke but to
protect Gillian from retali
marnie | once upon a time book reviews
When I was contacted by Shari to see if I would like to review her latest paranormal fantasy romance book Midnight Temptation, it could not have come at a better time. Having made the decision earlier to try to step out of my comfort zone more and read other books outside of my beloved crime fiction genre, I jumped at the chance. How did I go you ask. Read on to find out!

Midnight Temptation is the second instalment in the Raven’s Hollow Coven series and whilst it can be read as a stand-alone, I
Felicia
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Midnight Temptation by Shari Nichols is the second book in the Ravens Hollow Coven Series. Each book can be read as a standalone but they do reference characters from the other books.

This is the second book of Shari’s that I have read and it definitely won’t be my last. I absolutely love this series! Shari does an amazing job pulling you into the story. Gillian and Garrett’s love story was a roller coaster but you couldn’t help but root for them in the end.

I would highly recommend this book if
Marie Fraser
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed book one in this series and this book was just as good, if not better. It was well written and the characters and story were both well developed. I love the mix of new and old characters. I loved Gillian’s strong motherly personality and enjoyed seeing the relationship dynamics evolve and develop. The story was action packed and full of twists and turns but was still an easy read. It had suspense, emotion, intrigue and hot chemistry. I’d highly recommend this book and look forward to f ...more
Shakera
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What do you get when you take a witch looking for her missing cousin and add a vampire? You get a wonderful enemies-to-lovers paranormal romance, that’s what. When Gillian and Garrett are forced to team up to find Gillian’s missing cousin, sparks fly. I enjoyed Gillian and Garrett together. These two work well together for me. The constant denial of attraction kept me glued to my kindle, wondering when will they give in to the temptation. I wasn’t disappointed!

Midnight Temptation is a nicely pac
Mary
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Raven Hollow Coven series; however, this book can be read as a stand-alone. I have not read the first book yet but I cannot wait to pick it up. This is not my usual genre so I was not sure what I was going to think, so I am happy to say that I really enjoyed it. This is an enemies to lovers story, and it was so easy to read.

This book has wonderful female friendships and that is something that I am finding that I really enjoy in my stories. This coven is really a f
Short and Sweet Reviews by Sam
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
An exciting new vampire and witch romance, Nichols shares an extremely engaging tale of enemies to lovers, attractive characters and unpredictable turns.

Fans of witches, vampires and paranormal romance won't want to miss this one.

Thank you to Xpresso book tours for gifting me a free copy of this book. I voluntarily reviewed honestly.
N.N. Light
The last person Gillian Howe expects to see at her supernatural speed dating event is Detective Garrett Mulroney. Sure, he’s a hot vampire but whenever they’re in close contact, all she wants to do is throttle him. Later, when she and her cousin arrive at a party thrown by a wealthy vampire, things go from bad to worse when her cousin is bitten and then kidnapped by the Du Sang Brotherhood. She’ll do anything to free her cousin from the thrall of the Du Sang Brotherhood and partners up with Garr ...more
Cyrene Olson
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The featured characters in the 2nd book of the series, we met in book one. Alex and Willow are engaged, and we do see them pop up in this book, but they do not take any major roles in this book. This time, Gillian hosts a supernatural speed dating event with her cousin Brooke, and an event partner in Kurt Lawrence, a vampire with many high connections. When invited up to the penthouse afterward for an exclusive party – they find a human trafficking ring and Brooke is kidnapped. Garrett, a vampir ...more
Nina Silva
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars for this fun, sexy read featuring vampires and witches.

Anytime you want to get lost in a story of romance, intrigue, magic and vampires, you should give this one a try. This month’s romance book reading challenge theme is Fake Relationships and I picked the Fake Boyfriend prompt. Originally, I had another book in mind for the challenge but Midnight Temptation proved to be a worthy substitute.

My absolute favourite part of this story is the world building. I love the setting created by
Rachael Carter
May 17, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I sadly can not give an honest review of this book on whether it was good or bad. I got a little over half way through it and just couldn't read any longer.
From what I did read tho...it was a very good vampire read.
Roni Denholtz
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book sizzles with sexual tension! The interplay between the hero and heroine is hot and romantic! The secondary characters shine too. The plot was creative, not your usual vampire paranormal. I can foresee many books set in this world. I intend to read more books by this wonderful author!
Tim Peterson
Courtney
Lynn Brown
Mick Loves Books
Jul 01, 2020

• The Davenports (The CRD Series: Season One, #1)
  • The Time Traveler's Awakening (Prequel to the Magic Bound Saga): A Time-Travel Paranormal Romance
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • Midnight's Surrender (Dark Warriors #8.5)
  • Until the World Stops
  • The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
  • Adverse Possession (The Anna Albertini Files, #3)
  • Andorra Sector (X-Clan #1)
  • Somebody’s Daughter (Detective Natalie Ward, #7)
  • If You Must Know (Potomac Point, #1)
  • Curse of Seduction
  • Tin (Faeries of Oz, #1)
  • Definitely No (Definitely, #2)
  • In My Wake: A Breathtaking Psychological Thriller With a Killer Twist
  • Playdate
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
Sign Up for my newsletter and receive the first chapter of new book., MIDNIGHT DESIRE. Enter a chance to win a free book. http://sharinicholsauthor.com/contact...
Shari Nichols grew up in a small town in Connecticut where haunted houses, ghosts and Ouija boards were common place, spurring her fascination with all things paranormal. Ever since she read her first Barbara Cartland novel, her life-long

Ravens Hollow Coven (2 books)
  • Midnight Desire (Ravens Hollow Coven Book 1)

News & Interviews